The Lone Gunman

The tunnels, leftovers from the failed mining experiment on the island, are rather simple in their construction, with their main branches leading into the quarry and heading out towards the isolated cabin. While the entrance from the quarry is still clear, the entrance from the cabin is overgrown with thick foliage. It is hard to breathe and almost impossible to see without a light source down in the mines. These tunnels stretch all throughout the northern and western parts of the island, allowing access at several points in the coastal woods and near the beach.
Skraal
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

The Lone Gunman

Post by Skraal »

((Cody Jenkins continued from Earth Sky From Venus))

Cody was alone.

He hadn’t noticed it at first. After all, it was dark, and he and Clair couldn’t really find much to talk about, given the circumstances. Small talk just seemed kind of pointless when their friends were all dying around them. Honestly, the lack of connection between the two made their separation seem inevitable in retrospect. She could have at least had the decency to tell him she was leaving, though. Seriously.

“Hmph.”

Last time he trusted anyone here to watch his back. There was no option left for him now but to keep trudging forward, moving through the dark and hoping nobody was able to sneak up behind him and take him out.

Hours passed as he continued this march, or what seemed like hours. Announcements came and went as Cody put one foot in front of the other, continuing ever forward as he travelled in circles around the tunnel network. He didn’t even know why he was doing it, really. Perhaps it was just because there seemed like nowhere else to go. All he had now was himself, his gun, and the seemingly endless stream of words that began to fill the air around him.

“Maybe if I take a right here, and a left there, and go around the water hole...”

His mutterings didn’t make much sense, and he knew it. Still… they were comforting, in some strange way. Perhaps he was missing the companionship of another human being more than he thought he would.

Or perhaps this damn island had finally begun to drive him down the slow path to insanity.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((Sarah Miller continued from 'Cause We Are Young and We Are Sick))

Ugh. She had to go underground to who knows where. Now she had the choice of being murdered, crushed, or getting lost. Yippee.

Sarah coughed. Ugh, what did they mine for here that was worth this?

Where is everybody? Just one person that isn't crazy or dead or firing a gun ...
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Cody's head jerked up at the sound of coughing. He wasn't able to tell who it was, obviously, but it was enough for him to know that he wasn't alone.

His eyes darted around wildly in the darkness, searching desperately for the source of the noise. This was not a good spot to be in. Who knew how many killers were wandering this island with him, just trying to get the drop on him. Maybe that was this girl's plan all along...

Hoisting the jackhammer up in the air, he called out to the darkness, trying to cover up the nervousness in his voice, sounding more than a little combative in the process.

"I know you're in here! Where are you?"
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF International
Clara Micallef - Current Status: In Thread

SOTF Supers
Mei-Ling "Emily" Chou - Current Status: DECEASED

New Battle Royale AU
Yuko Sakaki - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF Cyber
Nicholas Cameron - Current Status: In Thread
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"I know you're in here! Where are you?"

Sarah's head perked up. After two days of nothing, she finally had someone willing to talk to her. Well, at least, willing and not in a situation that would cause her to stay away, but still.

"Yeah, I'm over here." Sarah jogged toward the sound of the voice, taking out her flashlight to better see what was going on as she approached the voice of

"Codes. Finally, someone I can talk to." Sarah breathed a sigh of relief. "Past three days have been hell for me."
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Cody lowered his gun, putting a hand up to shield his eyes as Sarah's flashlight shined over his face. He grinned weakly at her as she approached.

"Yeah, you and me both..."

Cody sighed. To be honest, he had been fairly lucky so far. No major conflicts or injuries, and he had managed to stay out of the way of the major "players" on the island. While good fortune seemed to have struck again with bumping into one of his friends in the tunnels, it didn't seem wise to push his luck. The next person lurking in the darkness may not be so friendly.

Clearing his throat, he spoke again without waiting for a response to his previous statement.

"Let's catch up outside, alright? These dark tunnels are giving me the creeps."

And with that, he turned to leave, waving a hand for Sarah to follow him.

((Cody Jenkins continued in The Use of Common Sense is Secured))
[+] Characters
The Program V2
Josephine "Josie" Luu - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 2
Søren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED

Second Chances 2
Soren Rosendahl - Current Status: DECEASED
Cody Jenkins - Current Status: DECEASED

The Program V3
Samuel Rosen - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF-TV 3
Luciano Ascencio (adopted from UnmaskedMountain) - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF International
Clara Micallef - Current Status: In Thread

SOTF Supers
Mei-Ling "Emily" Chou - Current Status: DECEASED

New Battle Royale AU
Yuko Sakaki - Current Status: DECEASED

SOTF Cyber
Nicholas Cameron - Current Status: In Thread
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Cody had a gun. A big gun. A big gun that he lowered as he smiled.

"Yeah, you and me both ..."

Thank god.

Cody Jenkins was ... mellow. Of course, when you loved bong hits like he did, it wasn't surprising. The idea that this whole SOTF thing was a false flag was ... weird, though. Eh, he was on pot anyway, and it erased the mind as much as it expanded it. Of course now, Sarah was wishing that Cody had packed a bong right now. Lord knows she could use it and stare at the walls for a few hours.

"Let's catch up outside, alright? These dark tunnels are giving me the creeps."

"Sure. Anywhere's better than here. Did they leave you any of your stuff? Lord knows I could use a hit right now."

((Sarah Miller continued in The Use of Common Sense is Secured))

Return to “Tunnels”