Having Fun With It

A large, high-ceilinged building found north of the destroyed housing unit, the mess hall consists of two rooms. The first is a wide open space containing several long bench tables, bolted to the floor. The other is a spacious kitchen, as would be expected for a building that had to cater for a large number of miners. A large window between the two rooms once allowed food to be passed out as soon as it was ready, all the better to quickly sate the hunger of the workers after a long day.
General Goose

Having Fun With It

Post by General Goose »

((Chuck Soileaux continued from Gonna Miss Me By My Walk... Miss Me By My Talk, Oh.))

That's what Chuck did.

He had fun with it.

As he ran across the island, setting fire to toilet paper, he had fun with it. How could he not? Sure, life had become unpredictable. A kind of dystopian, morale-sapping unpredictability for the most part, sure. But within chaos, there always were opportunities. Creative destruction, as it were. Now, those opportunities were nowhere near sufficient enough to compensate for the anguish and adversity he was being put through. Not enough to compensate for the shock to the system it was, for his relatively sheltered life to be so abruptly cut short.

But still, Chuck would take them. He'd make the most of them. Wasn't that what they were all about? Making the most out of a bad situation?

He hadn't expected to spend this week the victim of a sadistic terrorist death game, sure.

But when he had woken up on the island, he hadn't expected to, at some point, be running across the island, setting toilet paper alight. But it was what it was, and Chuck was insistent on making the most out of it.

So as he ran around, he put on a show.

Accused the toilet paper of heresy as he set it to the torch.

Would help persuade any potential threats to stay away too, so it was a win-win.

"Burn in hell, you soft multi-ply!"

((Chuck Soileaux continued in Shoulder of Orion.))

Return to “The Mess Hall”