On the Way to Anywhere

Closed! A little bit after the fifth announcement

This boat once sold novelties at a theme park, and much of the infrastructure remains, including old mechanical cash registers. The boat is still stocked with SOTF-themed knickknacks, as well as general maritime gear of various descriptions, though its organization is more than a little lacking; merchandise is often in poor condition, and is jumbled chaotically on shelves, in some cases overflowing onto the floor. The boat itself is boxy and open on the sides, and is more susceptible than most to the waves, rocking heavily whenever the weather picks up.
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

On the Way to Anywhere

Post by DerArknight »

((Sofia Kowalski continued from Public Viewing))

When the sun had begun to make place for the moon without anyone of the others returning, Sofia had decided to pack up and make her way to the pool of the cruise ship.

Packing up had been a rather big task. She found another backpack on the upper deck, Keegan's backpack, the tusk of a narwhal, and most importantly, a freaking machine gun. Leaving anything behind would easily result in it being taken away, so she made sure to take everything that belonged to the Respects and set out.

This decision was proven to be the right call when the speakers came to live just a few minutes after her departure. The ferry became a danger zone, apparently forever. Despite Ritzy saying something about a prolonged time until the danger zones would be in effect, Sofia hastened to leave the outter zone of the arena, stopping only when she saw a boat that was named the shopboat, according to her map. Since carrying all this stuff made her tire faster than usual, she decided to take a break.

Inside the boat was a mess.

The Shopboat had once probably been neatly sorted with rows of merchandising everywhere. But now some of the shelves had crumbled while some parts of the floor showed signs of some sort of... stuff. Also the area that featured clothing was in disarray, hinting that several of her peers had gone shopping without any care for those who came after them.

Oh, and there was a corpse on the floor. And judging from the bandanna the boy wore on his left arm, it wasn't just any corpse.

A few hours before, the sight of another dead Buccaneer would probably have meant something to Sofia. But now, that she had cut all ties with her team, there was nothing except the ordinary feeling of disgust seeing a dead guy whose neck had been messed up by his collar exploding. Apart from that, there was another small lake of dried blood on the other end of the room, so there had apparently been several fights since this entire nightmare started.

But most importantly, there was no living soul on the boat. And that was all that mattered in the end.

Sofia went behind the register, where a metallic stool was bolted on the ground. Letting her three backpacks fall to the floor, she sat down on it as if waiting for customers.

Waiting for customers?

For the first time in forever, she was reminded of Stokes, the girl who had talked about opening a shop in the restaurant. So far, her name hadn't been on any announcement, so she should still be kicking. But what about her shop? Had she even gone through with it after three of the four people she had tried to recruit had noped out?

The best way to find an answer would have been to go to the restaurant, which was not that far away. But Sofia had other plans. She needed to regroup with the others. After this stop, she would go straight to the meeting point, where James would hopefully wait for her. Fisk and Verity being there would be a bonus.

After all, they had to talk about Vasily. And Ivan.

Before joining up with the Respects, James had told her about the trouble they had. Now it hadn't even been twenty-four hours, and Ivan had been responsible for the deaths of two more members. Their party was dwindling, and they needed to do something. She needed to do something. Sofia had betrayed the Buccaneers for the Respects, so she had to make the best of it. Not just for herself, but also for James.

Such where Sofia's thoughts as she sat behind the counter. Eventually she took out a bottle of water and some food to turn the break into a small dinner.

She would wait until it was a little bit darker outside. Then she would set out again.

The machine gun rested on the part of the counter that was barely visible for anyone not on the cashier-side. Sofia had never shot it, but she had checked that it was loaded and ready to fire. In the case of an emergency, two seconds would be enough to reach forward and grab it.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

(("She killed her teammate, you know."))

Britnee whispered this into Dee's ear as slightly as possible, enough so that perhaps even the collars would have trouble hearing her.

The fact stuck in her head because the announcements had just said so a few minutes prior. It stuck because, like, Lucille and Sofia were both, like, really cool, you know? Effortlessly iconic, the kind of people that drew other people into them like lights to moths. Lucille especially, like, God. Britnee had spent a lot of her free time just, like, trying to be closer to them, because if you were friends with them, then you made it, kinda. You owned the place, you had the parties, people liked them, and therefore people might like you. The place to be was wherever they were.

And now one of them was dead. And, like, it was kind of a shitty sentiment, but she'd have preferred it if Lucille killed Sofia and not the other way around? Nothing against Sofia except it kinda was against her but, like, she'd been closer to Lucille. They'd had really long debates about which ships were valid and which weren't and all that shit and that kind of bond was kinda irreplaceable sorta? And Sofia was nice and all but she just looked nice, she just had nice clothes, and that was it, you know, and that was kinda replaceable, there were lots of pretty girls around Mangrove High, Seo-yun and Lucille were pretty enough for all of them, and now Seo-yun had killed five? six? people and that was cool but also scary and Lucille had been killed and that was scary and Sofia had fucking killed Lucille.

She couldn't even take deep breaths to calm herself down. Sofia might've heard them.

They were crouched behind these boxes on this weird little crook in the jetties opposite the shop boat entrance. They'd doubled back here after escaping from the ferry. Ritzy agreed with them about the bad vibes about that place, blocked off the whole damn place as a danger zone, really, which would have been lowkey funny if Britnee had the ability to laugh at anything or anyone right then and there, but yeah. So they'd doubled back, and this bitch had gotten there right before them, big ole machine gun in hand.

They'd seen her beforehand actually. She'd been on the ferry same as them, turned out, and the smart thing to do would have been to go to the other jetty, make their way somewhere else, but Britnee had recognized her and insisted they follow. Heroics involved taking risks, to be fair, and the night was sufficiently dark and they'd made enough distance between them that Sofia wouldn't have noticed them unless she was looking for them, and she wasn't, so.

She waited a few seconds, just to make sure Sofia hadn't heard them somehow. Then she leaned over to Dee's ear again.

"We take whatever weapons she has, throw it into the sea, deal with Sofia however we need to, yeah? That a good plan or no?"

No need to think about what dealing with her meant. Just say yes or no.
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

A sense of deja-vu was in the air as Diana found herself crouched behind another box. The upside, compared to last time, was Britnee crouching next to her. Both of them were staring at the shop boat that had been theirs earlier, only now taken over by a troubling presence.

Sofia was trouble, anybody who'd listened to the announcement knew that. Britnee insisted, however, that they deal with her and the guise of the night was as good as any to do it. They had both experienced it first-hand days ago.

Her hands clenched around the flintlock so fiercely she was worried if she had broken it. Almost holding her breath in whilst her eyes were on Sofia.

"Probably crazy then." She whispered back, her voice so small and low that she wasn't sure if she caught that she said something back. So small in fact if it weren't for the small reverberations in her face and teeth from the words that had left her, she could not tell if she had said it or mimed it.

Sofia killed her teammate. That alone was enough of a warning sign that someone was a bit crazy. But... it wasn't just a teammate she killed, Lucille was something more than that. She and Sofia were big in Mangrove, you were someone if you knew them.

And she had stabbed her. No small effort for someone like her to do that. Ritzy made it sound like she did it to no benefit for herself. Something was going on here that they weren't telling them.

Whatever it was, it wasn't something to forget. In fact, with Sofia in front of them like this that should have been the one thing on her mind other than Britnee's safety.

But instead, she was thinking of a friend that had also passed away through the day.

It was just...weird. Vasily was dead. He was not around anymore to talk with about SOTF or party with, or show that spreadsheet she'd made about the "fallen angels" of the show... At the same time she could not be surprised, he'd killed someone. He played, and he lost.

It still hurts though.

With Vasily on her mind, so came others whose deaths she had tried to keep out of mind. Like Hailey. God, she missed Hailey. She took her under her wing when she was slowly losing her faith and showed her there was more to religion and god than she thought there was. And, occasionally, picking Diana up from a party after she had too much to drink.

Or Jasper. She remembered they talked about this show so much together. There was a connection between them through that that went beyond them flirting and that one hook-up... she was going to miss that big doof.

It was going to be strange that they were gone forever and Diana would never see or hear from them again. She had plastered it as good as she could, but her heart was still broken from that fact.

Britnee- bless her heart- pulled her away from the memories into the now with a simple plan, get rid of Sofia's shit.

"Whatever stops her from hurting more people."

She had lost friends and more to these people. All the more reason to ensure Britnee made it through safely.

"I'm ready when you are."
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

And with one last bite, her dinner was finished.

Sofia's first instinct told her to pack the waste that had contained the food back into her backpack, but then she realized that this would be completely useless. So she just threw it somewhere across the room. She had a lot of problems, and waste disposal was very far down on her priority list.

A little bit higher was finding a new T-Shirt. Wearing her shirt inside out had sounded like a good idea to show some resistance in her mind, but ultimately feeling the motiv against her skin was distracting and the fissures being visible surely didn't make for a nice look. She still had her consciousness for fashion, after all. So she made her way to the shelves with clothing. Since it was all SOTF-related, she doubted that anything would catch her eye, but Sofia had to work with what she got.

The sight of the many kinds of clothing reminded her of her part-time-job in the fashion boutique. For the last couple of months, she had started to dislike this job, but now she would have taken all the annoying customers any day over being on live TV.

As expected, her options were very bland and nothing like the kind of clothing she loved to wear, so she quickly pulled a T-shirt with the face of Jimmy Dune and his famous quote "Bro, really?"

There was no changing room this time, so she had to be fast. After hastily stripping her current shirt off, she began to put on her newest possession.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Both of Sofia's hands were occupied. There'd never be a better time to do this.

With a quick nod, Britnee whispered to Dee, "Now." And then they set off, walking half-crouched as quickly as they could, hoping the jetty boards beneath them wouldn't betray them.

And, somehow, they made it. They made it without being shot down for their arrogance.

So, there they stood, Britnee and Dee in the entrance, Sofia next to some clothing rack, still trying to pull on another shirt, and now what? What was the script for this? They were outside, they were here, and then? Just- fuck, quick, say something-

"Why'd you do it?"

It was the first question she had on her mind, the one, the only question, perhaps. Maybe stupid because the announcements had just said, but maybe there was an explanation? And, like, it didn't feel right to barge in and just shoot her apropos of nothing? There had to be some sort of prelude, some sort of chance to be given to her, right? Right?

Her eyes flitted over to the cashier counter, there was something long, it glinted in the light. Her eyes widened, that feeling from the cargo floats came back to her, that wonderful, horrible pressure in her bloodstreams.

"You go for- you go for the gun, my friend shoots you in the face."

That sounded a bit stronger than she'd intended, a bit belligerent.

"Why'd you do it?" and she tried to say it this time gentler, more like asking, pleading even, but it came out a bit crackled, strained, like she was demanding instead.
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]

Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Diana heard the signal and sprung up along with Britnee in their half-crouch march towards their target. There was a certain arrogance in their goal, yet a lack of confidence in their stride. The night did much to hide them, despite the boards underneath feeling like they could break or collapse at any moment.

And when they stood there in the entrance and saw her, just trying on different shirts without a seeming care in the world, they both froze.

Something inside her was bubbling as she saw her doing this. For someone to do something like that and have this lack of awareness... it only confirmed one of the things she feared was the case with that whole mess.

Getting there was one thing, but Diana knew that it really started when Britnee spoke and she lifted her gun in response, and pointed it right at Sofia. She stayed quiet and let Britnee do the talk, it was better. Easier. All Diana had were choice words for someone so unaware, reckless, and stupid to kill not only a friend but a teammate.

Questions were thrown, answers demanded. Whether they would be answered properly or not would be on her plate.

Kept her eyes on her. Long, deep breaths as she watched her every move from where she stood. Her hands stayed still, finger nestling on the trigger. Did her best to make her face convey a sense of neutrality, a lack of care at the proceedings when she cared so much about the outcome.
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Shit.

She had been caught. Just before she could put on the new shirt, a voice called out to her and two figures appeared. They were Britnee, a girl Sofia only knew the name of, and another girl whose name Sofia couldn't remember right now.

The more important of the two was the other girl. Or, to be more exact, the gun she had aimed right at Sofia's head.

For one moment, she believed that this was it. The end. Sofia would just be pumped with lead and fall to the ground. The machine gun and the rest of her possessions would fall into the hands of these two girls. James and the others would wonder why she didn't show up at the pool, but at the next morning, the announcement would give clearity and tragedy to them. James would be heartbroken. Fisk probably mad. How Verity would react was a mystery to her.

But it didn't happen. Instead, Britnee asked a simple question.

"Why'd you do it?"

Why did she do it? It would have been easy to give the answer, but it was obvious that an answer like "I joined a group of players and killed her to prove my loyalty to them." would probably result in a bullet to her head.

She had to make something up.

Letting the shirt fall to the ground, she raised her hands in a sign of surrender.

"I know what you are thinking, but the thing with Lucille is not what it looks like.

"You need to know that I am part of a escape group made out of people from different teams. Not too long ago, Lucille joined us, talking about her desire to escape with everyone. But when she and I, the only other Buccaneer of the escape group, where alone, she revealed that she didn't believe in escaping and wanted to backstab everyone else together with me. I of course told her to not do that. She then called me a traitor and attacked. I only barely managed to stop her from stabbing me, but in the ensuing struggle her own knife landed in her neck.

"I know this sounds weird, but that is because it was weird. She was no longer acting like herself. I think Lucille just... kinda snapped under the pressure of being forced into this horrible game. I didn't want to hurt her."

She gave it her all looking distressed. That was easy because she was distressed, although not for the reason she pretended to be.

"Can we please put down the weapons and talk about it?"
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

Near immediately, a voice comes out of Sofia's collar, audible to both Britnee and Diana.

"So, um, I probably shouldn't be helping a team that isn't mine, but I think you two would like to know that Sofia's lying. She's actually part of a group of players and killed her teammate entirely of her own volition. You two might, um... want to leave?"
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

So, like, Britnee was nodding along while Sofia talked, listening in real careful like. And she called bullshit near immediately, really. And that was cause you never try to bullshit a bullshitter. Like, she'd spent her entire life bullshitting for various purposes, she was a fucking master at it. Bullshitting about those sweatpants Lucille seemed so keen on, 'Oh my God, it looks so good on you!!! Really complements your form, girl,' even if they were the exact same sweatpants she'd seen a whiskey-on-her-breath Karen-type mom wear at Dee's Discount Deals the other day. Bullshitting her way through history essays about what the importance of President's Day was, even though they were just a bunch of dead old white guys no one really cared about, hello? And so on. You'd never get places without a few white lies, this was something she knew well and took to heart.

Like, just how ready the story was, how smooth it was. The fact that it was such a linear story, from point A to point B to point C, just like that. The fact that, like, even under stress, she could make so much sense while talking, instead of stammering and ranting like Britnee would probably do if she were in her shoes. The fact that... if the story were true, then this whole situation here was just two girls ambushing another girl and holding her at gunpoint.

Which was why it was such a fucking huge relief when Stephanie chimed in and confirmed that, yes, Sofia was lying, she was every bit as evil as she knew she was. They were in the right here.

Britnee's face relaxed. She nodded at Diana.

"Gun and bag over here or else."
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

Ohm

Post by Ohm »

It was all quiet-like as Sofia started explaining. Outside of her, there were only the birds and the waves making noise. Maybe some far-off noises perhaps, but Diana had learned to tune those out after a while unless they got close.

It was clear that something was with that story from the beginning. She had it down to a tee. No stammering, no awkward pauses. Just spitting out "facts" about how it went down with Lucille. If it weren't for that, it would be how accidental she made it sound. 'No, your honor, the knife only accidentally embedded itself in her throat. It was self-defense!'

A voice called out from her collar. Her mentor. Called bullshit on the whole story. Figures, wouldn't want a team killer around when you could have them win together.

It should have been a relief to have it all set in stone. To know the truth wasn't what was peddled to them, and yet. It hurt. She knew friends turned against each other because of drama from times past, the show breaking them down or taking the roles in front of them with glee.

Sofia had taken one of a killer, the bad guy. The lying, manipulative sort that would use their own family's name when swearing on lives. Diana had seen the results of evil around the last few days, but to have it all upfront like this... it hurt.

It would only be fitting for them to ensure she couldn't do more. Her aim stood firm as Britnee called out for her weapons. And she supplied a look towards Sofia at Britnee's call for "or else."
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

After asking her question, Sofia realized that she had fucked up big time.

Britnee and the other girl showed no sign of reaction to her story apart from looking skeptical. It was obvious they doubted everything.

And to make matters worse, her ex-mentor decided to make use of the fact that the new announcement had enabled the speakers in her collar again. Somehow Sofia was pissed about it. She couldn't fault Steph for trying to get her in trouble, but the speakers existed so the mentors could talk to their team. Since Sofia was no longer a Buccaneer, Steph had no right to use them.

But that didn't matter right now. Because after hearing Steph's words, Britnee simply nodded.

"Figures. Okay, shoot that bitch."

Following this command, Britnee's ally pulled the trigger, splattering Sofia's brain across the wall behind the counter.

SB11 Sofia Kowalski - Deceased
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

... Or at least that was what Sofia saw playing out in her mind.

Instead, Britnee gave her an ultimatum: Weapons and stuff or live.

There was no way she could agree to that. The bags were one thing, but the machine gun was the best weapon the Respectsd owned. Fisk would kill her.

So she had to come up with something. Like a distraction. Now that she stood in the middle of the room, she wouldn't make it halfway to the gun without getting shot. But if she could just distract them for a-

That was when she remembered that Akeno's backpack, which she had taken the food out of, was still lying on the counter. A plan formed in her mind. It was a risky plan and she might very well end up getting shot, but it was the best she had. Any opportunity for unrisky plans had already passed.

"Okay", she said. "I will give you everything. Just let me pick it up and throw it over to you."

Slowly, so as to not appear suspicious, Sofia walked backwards to the left end of the counter, where the backpack lay. The machine gun was at the right end of the counter, about three meters away from her. Thanks to her years of gymnastics, she was confident she could make the distance in a moment.

Now she just needed said moment.

"Here is the bag." Sofia spoke. "I will now lower my hands and take it. Please don't shoot me."

She did just as she told them. Her hands grabbed the bag. Then she turned back to the two...

"Catch!"

... and threw the backpack in a wide arc in the air.

When humans spot a fast-moving object, they tend to focus on it. According to Sofia's memory, that was some kind of instinctual behaviour. Sofia counted on exactly this behaviour to distract Britnee and her ally.

In the moment the backpack was at the highest point of its journey, Sofia went for the gun.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Like, she knew that would happen. Because the girl killed her own teammate, someone who was in the same circles as her, so, like, could you really trust her with anything? Britnee didn't. But, like, they didn't do anything because...

Because the gun wasn't in her hand, it was in Dee's.

Because she couldn't tell Dee to shoot without letting Sofia know.

Because maybe, just maybe, things would go exactly as planned, and if you shot a girl who was surrendering, then that was basically a war crime, and that was a bit too fucked up, really?

Because maybe she'd dodge, and all bets would be off.

But mostly because, at the end of it all, she knew the other shoe would drop. She felt it in her bones. The same exact feeling she'd had at the crates, just before Emmett shot at them. She just didn't know when, or how.

And so it came in the form of a bag.

Britnee dodged. The lizard part of her brain had told her it could be a bomb or some shit, you see, and so she just fell to the side like so.

In the periphery of her vision, she saw a girl reaching for something.
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

Ohm

Post by Ohm »

All of it was going smoothly. Sofia was beaten, she knew and they knew and the audience knew. All she had to do was hand over her bag so they could throw it overboard.

So naturally, instead of handing them the bag like a good beaten-down villain would do, she threw it. It sailed through the air and her eyes that had been so focused on her, so open and staring daggers pivoted for a moment, just a slight moment.

She could hear Brit move out of the way, falling whilst doing so. Diana moved to the opposite side, eyes wide at this bag that was making the distance.

Her eyes pivoted back. Sofia was moving quickly, too quickly for her tastes. A jump and a hand reaching out for the gun on the counter.

She quickly aimed and fired across the boat.
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

BAM!

Mere milliseconds after Sofia had started the short dash towards her weapon, a shot erupted. Sofia could feel the bullet zipping right behind her through the air. If she had been a little bit slower, or if Britnee's ally had been a little bit faster, her dark imagination would have become true, just without the "Shoot that bitch"-line.

But now she reached the machine gun with big steps and did she best thing she could think of: Letting herself fall to the ground with the machine gun in hand. The landing was mostly on her left arm, which would surely result in some bruises, but she didn't even notice them at the moment.

The shot she had expected to hit right above her never came. Maybe this weapon needed to be loaded after each shot? Sofia hadn't been able to get a good look in the darkness, so she couldn't tell. However, she could tell that such optimism would easily kill her. Especially since the counter was made out of thin wood. It was only a cover in name and protected her from nothing but view.

But the same was true for everyone else.

Still on the ground, Sofia pushed herself into a sitting position and put her back against the wall of the boat. Facing the counter, she raised the machine gun in what she assumed to be the position of Britnee and her ally and pulled the trigger, letting the bullets crash right through the counter and hopefully also her two would-be robbers.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2