Wait a Minute!

Private, 10 AM or so, after fourth announcement

This boat once sold novelties at a theme park, and much of the infrastructure remains, including old mechanical cash registers. The boat is still stocked with SOTF-themed knickknacks, as well as general maritime gear of various descriptions, though its organization is more than a little lacking; merchandise is often in poor condition, and is jumbled chaotically on shelves, in some cases overflowing onto the floor. The boat itself is boxy and open on the sides, and is more susceptible than most to the waves, rocking heavily whenever the weather picks up.
Maraoone

Wait a Minute!

Post by Maraoone »

((Britnee Joyner continues from 👁️📦👁️))

The two, she and Diana, were sat on the floor of this boat together, leaned against the wall, waves rocking them, just like a day or so ago. Hand in hand. Morning sun illuminating them. Diana's wrist pulsing beneath Britnee's thumb, mercifully.

Heavy puffs of air still emanated from Britnee's lungs, more than a few minutes after arriving here. Part of it was Britnee still trying to catch her breath after, what, a couple hours or so? of running for her life, running from her fucking... from Emmett. From that guy. Another part of it was that, like, it lowkey, kinda, somewhat felt difficult to breathe. Just the, uh, the throbbing pain in her side, the pain she really, really didn't want to think about. And also, there'd been this rusty odor that had followed them the entire way through, and she knew damn well what it was, but, it'd taken on this sick sweet tinge when they entered this boat. Like the metal was rotting, kinda.

Her eyes drifted over to the boy laying a few feet adjacent from them. The dark something coagulated under his head. The dark streaks of something smeared across the floor, marking the entranceway of this boat.

She knew.

So, there Britnee was, one announcement later, pulling in this tainted, poisoned air greedily because, even though they'd been sat in this boat for several hours at this point, it was the first time the entire night she'd felt rest, the first time she'd felt like Emmett or his friend wasn't on their heels. Cute pink shirt fucking ruined, to be honest, but for the first time, that kinda thing kinda didn't matter. She sat there, pulling air in, having just barely escaped with her life, and yet it felt like... it felt kinda like when you get a good jog in. Burned off a few calories. Or, uh, when you finally fold all the clothes and finish rearranging all the shelves in your little minimum-wage job and you could finally close up shop for the day. All sweaty and all, but you did a thing. You're done. You did something good.

She felt vaguely accomplished.

Diana's blood, still pulsing under Britnee's thumb. Still racing through her veins.

Britnee's eyes drifted over to her friend. The good feeling dissipated, a bit. Emmett or his friend, one or the other, they'd fucking shot Diana in the fucking face. Her cheek grazed, and the top of her ear just fucking blown off. Superficial, she guessed, but God. She'd spent a good portion of last night putting pressure on the wounds, wrapping gauze around the wounds, putting some damn good work into the wounds, making sure they didn't bleed her out. Diana had done the same for her, put layers of gauze, tape over the side of her stomach. They both were breathing, alive. But just.

She'd wanted so badly for something to happen when they'd left their boat, the day before. She'd gotten her wish and then some.

Some guilt came with that thought. Like, if she hadn't agreed to leaving their refuge the day before, if she hadn't fucked around and gotten herself stuck on the cargo floats the night before, then maybe Diana would be hurt. She was alive, but she was hurt, and she'd wanted something to happen, so maybe God or some other higher power had heard her wish and granted it and part of her felt vaguely responsible for it all. Silly thoughts, Diana would call her out on her bullshit or some shit like that if she ever gave voice to those thoughts, but still they lingered.

She didn't want that to happen again. She didn't want Diana to get hurt again. They had to be better prepared, next time Emmett or some other fuck came by.

Britnee's hand suddenly gripped tighter onto Diana's wrist. Diana looked over, she fixed her gaze.

"Dee. Look, uh. We have to talk now, you know that, right? You- uh, we can't sidestep it like we did before. We don't have time. We have to talk. About what we're- how we're going about this. All this."
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Diana and Britnee walked for hours, past weird noises in the distance and bodies floating in the water. Past other boats containing god knows what that floated on the water. Past the shadows that had avoided them the last few days, the shadows that suddenly had decided to threaten them- still, they kept walking.

Until they couldn't walk anymore. And so they were seated again, together, just like those days past, watching night turn to morning, the sun welcoming them for surviving another day.

At first, they sat there, greedily scooping all the air that they could. Her right hand, so stuck to that gun of hers, had let go of it and laid it on the floor of the boat beside the boy that already occupied it, and the flies that would call him home.

It was only after all of that, that her mixture of adrenaline and shock would die down enough for her to realise... that something was missing from her. It was a funny feeling at first, and she ignored it to focus on her friend, her partner who was still here, who picked her up and lifted her somewhere safe far away from those docks. It was only after what had felt like hours of sitting with Britnee, breathing in that air, that Diana realised she had gotten up and rummaged through her bag before going to work on her head, and it was only then that she truly grasped what was wrong.

The top of her left ear was gone, well, the phantom feeling of it was still there, but it wasn't and she could still taste the aftermath of the bullet flying by her face. She lifted her hand to check and Britnee had to hold her hand firm and tight to keep her from reaching it or the graze wound on her cheek.

Another parting gift from the jackasses at the docks.

Once the gauze and tape was in place, it was her turn to play doctor and as it turned out Britnee wasn't doing too hot either.

Whether the wound was a more or less severe one than hers, she couldn't tell. She wasn't a doctor, but she gave it a try. Gauze and tape, copious amounts rolled over her stomach, over and over, until she felt satisfied with the job.

And there they were, bandaged up for the world to see. Outfits ruined if not by the seawater and the constant sweat from the sun bearing down on them, they sure were from the blood that now soaked their hands, and in Britnee's case, her stomach. Looking more like a pair of accident victims than some warriors of virtue.

Staring at the sky together, and it was during this moment Britnee decided to bring up the future. Diana sighed.

"I know, hun." She said softly before turning her head, locking eyes with her friend.

"It's..harder to just answer that than when we talked fuck, marry, kill you know? But, yeah, we do."
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"Heh. Yeah."

She smiled a bit at the memory, then stopped.

She looked over at Dee, noted how her ribs expanded, contracted after speaking. Force of habit. She'd been so scared last night that Dee would just bleed out, die from her wounds somehow, even with all the bandages in the world, that she'd spent a good fraction of the night just making sure she was still breathing, still there. And she was. Britnee had done that. They'd done that for each other.

"I was just thinking... like. He can't be allowed to do that again. Take people from others just like that. I can't let that happen again. Not like- not like player hunting shit, I don't wanna be like that goddamn creep that visited us the other day."

Anthony had killed someone last night apparently. Beau Lively. Harmless enough guy, if a bit annoying. It was mercy, they'd said, but hearing about it still gave Britnee a sick, sick feeling in her stomach. Like it could've been them.

"But, like... I dunno. Heroes are kinda underrated, don't you think?"

Nervous laugh. Anticipation.
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]

Ohm

Post by Ohm »

"Heroes?" She muttered in response.

They really were. In the show they always tended to either downplay them or portray them as ineffectual at it. She tried to remember big ones and what they did. Most had ambiguous actions still despite that, like Shawn: people thought of him as a hero, yet he choked a girl to death with a cobra.

Not to mention who in their class could be one? So far they had seen deadweight in the water, hunters, and Anthony, slated for the insane asylum judging by how he acted and the fact he killed Beau.

She liked Beau, to an extent- he could be annoying, but to die? At Anthony's hands?

"Heroes..."

What would they do then? Stop fights? Save people from themselves and stop them if they wouldn’t? Take down the biggest killers because if not they’d just carry on till the end?

It would be tricky and... they both could die from it, but it would be better than what they had been doing so far.

There was just one thing, and Diana had seen it that night. As Emmett stood over her ready for the kill, ready to end her and anyone else in his way- Britnee was the one who stood in his way, Britnee was the one who stopped him and sent him packing to god knows where in this boat hell.

If there was anyone who could do it, then Diana was sure it was her who could do it.

"They are!" She finally said, with a familiar smile at her teammate, her friend.

Her hero.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Britnee's hand gripped a bit tight around Dee's wrist.

The word 'hero' was a bit presumptuous, she realized. Kinda like she was in love with the sound of her own voice, if that made sense. Like... what the fuck did that even mean? What the fuck was she even talking about? Villains were bad guys, heroes were good guys, yeah, but... how? Player hunting? Escape? Trying to make sure as many people lived as possible? Pacifism?

Like, all she knew was that she felt fucking terrified running after Emmett.

All she knew was that she felt fucking good running towards Dee.

And all she knew was that, for once, the cameras were paying attention.

But that didn't mean much.

"Yeah," she said, just reaffirming Dee's affirmation meaninglessly. More nervous laughter.

There were still so many boats on the horizon. So many jetties leading to and fro.

"So, like, we gotta set some ground rules, I think? Goals? Or, like, fuck, I don't know, I just don't want to be running around like we were before. I don't want you to get hurt again. I can't"—her grip pulsed—"let that happen again.

"So you got any ideas?"
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

Ohm

Post by Ohm »

"Girl, I don’t know... '' Uncertainty edged in her voice, and her smile momentarily faltered as she grasped at the question.

Any ideas were the question, and suddenly it felt like the whole thing was at Diana’s feet. Like, after all this talk she’d somehow have a plan. Diana was good at talking, especially about SOTF: roles, mechanics, players and all that jazz. She had that down pat.

This was different, it wasn’t a quiz where the only worry was her making a fool of herself missing an easy question. Britnee put her trust in her, her beliefs, her future, all of that. She couldn’t mess this up.

"I think we can try and find whatever’s left of our friends and teammates, and stop some evil shit along the way, you know, your Seo-yun’s and your Anthony’s. Shoot on sight type stuff, I’m sure that wouldn’t go against it."

Her hand that had felt that squeeze, that sensation of someone near and dear making sure of how she felt conveyed right. For a bit, her hand pulled back, only to return to grasp her hand with a squeeze of her own.

"And I don’t want you to be hurt either, so how about we do this more carefully, aye?" Her smile was back and brighter than before.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"That... that's good, yeah. That's good."

Britnee took a deep breath, and felt her shoulders relax. Felt tingles go down the back of her spine. That was a goal, a good goal. That was doable, maybe, she guessed.

Right?

Right.

"We can do that, yeah. You have a gun, I have eyes. We just look out for each other, keep each other safe like before. Just like that."

It was easy to say that. The words came out of her effortlessly.

But they could do it. They could do good things, whatever the hell that meant. They just had to try their best. They couldn't afford anything less than their best.

Yeah, this was good for now. She felt good with this. They were on the same page, they could just leave it like that.

So, she leaned her head into Dee's shoulder. Continued to look out. Past the boats and the jetties, eyes focused on the ocean waves.

"And, like. No leaving each other, got it? We stay together till we get out of here together, kay?"
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

Ohm

Post by Ohm »

"There were a lot of things Diana could have said about their journey to this point. The few classmates they had seen. The amount of time they had spent cooped together on that sailboat, only spurned by a crazed fanatic to then immediately step into trouble the second they left that safe bubble. All in a few scant days to leave them both hurt and reeling from it.

It made it all the more frightening that they would have to step out, once more into the breach of the unknown.

The only thing that made it less so, was that she was doing it with Britnee. Like, the gun helped, but it was mostly her. Thanks to her they had a plan now, an ideal to work towards and people to shoot.

If that didn't set things in gear for them or for those at home for that matter, then she didn't know what would.

"Together, until the end." She said as she felt her friend lean on her, hands interlocked as they looked out towards the calming waves. There was a small height difference between the two, an ever so slight one as she leaned her head against hers.

One of many things she noticed about her. Not something she would have kept in mind beforehand, but with her on her side like this? After everything that had happened? It made sense, all things considered.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

That phrase didn't sit well with Britnee. 'Until the end.' Felt like the foreshadowing they'd do in some of the trashier SOTF fanfics that she'd nonetheless eat up whole, where one or both of them would promptly die next scene in each other's arms. She didn't want there to be an end. She wanted to go to college with her and talk shit over spiked Red Bull about whatever exes they'd accumulate there. She wanted to graduate college and talk shit with her over wine about the husbands or wives they'd end up with. She didn't want some overblown, tragic, melodramatic 'why are you leaving me' kinda scene, she wanted celebrity interviews after the fact and tell-alls and yearly look-backs and all that tabloid shit, she wanted—

Her breathing deepened, quickened for a moment, her grip on Dee's wrist tightened for a moment.

And then she remembered that the end was just that. The end. Just a phrase. Nothing said about when or where it would be. Could be years and years and years from now, yeah? Just like she wanted.

Yeah, that'd work. That'd be just fine. She'd be just fine.

So, after a few seconds' delay, she echoed Dee.

"Till the end."

And then she settled back into Dee's side, made herself comfortable. And she let herself stay in the moment.

((Britnee Joyner continues in Bravado))
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

Ohm

Post by Ohm »

Britnee's grip tightened on her hand, and Diana turned to look at her away from the waves bouncing up and back down. Her expression at that moment was one of... worry? Apprehensive? Whatever it was conveying, it was missing the mood they had built for themselves.

Diana was about to ask before she eased and settled back in, and Diana internally shrugged and looked back to enjoy the view with her. It was not the time for fear and anxiety to grip them. Not now, not ever.

Till the end.

"Tho..." She started, still staring forward at their scenic view with a coy smile.

"We gotta find you some new threads, cause girl that shirt is just gone."

Return to “Shop Boat (Danger Zone)”