On the Way to Anywhere

Closed! A little bit after the fifth announcement

This boat once sold novelties at a theme park, and much of the infrastructure remains, including old mechanical cash registers. The boat is still stocked with SOTF-themed knickknacks, as well as general maritime gear of various descriptions, though its organization is more than a little lacking; merchandise is often in poor condition, and is jumbled chaotically on shelves, in some cases overflowing onto the floor. The boat itself is boxy and open on the sides, and is more susceptible than most to the waves, rocking heavily whenever the weather picks up.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

A second, maybe, passed after the first bullet. And, in that time, Britnee looked back at the floor, saw the bag that had been thrown, thought 'Grab it or leave it,' and she grabbed it. No particular reason why, it could've been a bomb after all. But maybe she thought that it could be useful for her and Dee. Maybe she thought it had been useful for Sofia, and she needed to take it, as a punishment. Maybe she thought she needed to take it to keep her from hurting anyone else, despite the gun that was in Sofia's hands right at that moment.

Britnee didn't know. There was not enough time to think even one of those thoughts in the second that passed between one bullet and the next. All she knew was that she thought, she grabbed it, and then bullets whizzed below, above her, miraculously, miraculously not hitting her.

She screamed "RUN," at her companion, and then she did just that. Propelled herself away from what had been their territory, dodging metal rain, adrenaline in her veins, best friend hopefully, hopefully at her side.

((Britnee Joyner continues in I Want Blood, Guts and Chocolate Cake))
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

She missed. The shot flew above Sofia's head. This whole ordeal would have been over in that instant if she had not let herself get distracted. Instead, she got hold of the gun and sprayed at them. Instinctively, Diana kept herself low on the ground while the hail of fire rained above her head. The boat was quickly becoming a bullet-ridden hell.

Faintly, Diana hears Britnee yelling out the word run.

She did not need to tell her twice.

Diana followed her friend and ran off the boat. She tried to keep pace with her, almost running side by side. Further and further away as the sound and the fire that hounded them stayed put.

Wherever they went after this, it'd better be far away from here.
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

Sofia had already heard the machine gun and expected it to be loud. But being so close to it in the tight room behind the counter was much more than she prepared for. She could almost feel her eardrums screeching, and once the bullets were replaced with a faint clicking noise, a noisy constant beeping sound echoed in her head. The first sign of tinnitus.

Despite that, she still made out two pairs of feet making their escape. Well, better than shooting back.

Once Britnee and her ally had fleed, Sofia raised up behind the counter. With the machine gun empty, she went to her two remaining bags to reload. It was at this moment that she realized she had nothing to reload the gun with. The ammo was still either in Fisk's or in Vasily's backpacks. Until she reunited with the others, the machine gun would be useless apart from intimidation.

Crap. One more reason to hurry to the pool.

But before that, there was still the issue of her having dropped the T-shirt she had planned on wearing. With hasty steps, Sofia made her way back to the clothing-corner. Her earlier pick was laying on the ground, but she simply took another, identical one and started putting it on.

She just hoped that no one else would her interrupt her.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

But thankfully, no one came, so Sofia could put on her new shirt without distraction.

The fabric felt kinda weird on her body, reminding her that it had been at least three days since her last shower. When they were back at the pool, she probably should request a trip to the cabins downstairs. Because in this situation, taking a swim in the pool would be totally awkward.

... Weird. Ever since joining up with the Respects, she had been way more casual about the whole situation. Before that, her thoughts had revolved almost entirely around the game and her impending death. But now Sofia felt like the smaller things had begun to matter again. It was not a bad thing, she decided. Better that than to be scared 24/7.

She turned around and was hit with a surprise.

A boy stood right next to the counter. Somehow he must have entered the boat and got inside the room without making a single noise. The ringing in her ear probably did its part as well to make sure she didn't notice him before it was too late.

His sudden appearance startled her a lot and made her jump back a bit.

But then she calmed herself.

After all, this was the boy she wanted to see the most.

"James! I am glad you are okay." She said with a smile.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

((James Highchurch continued from The Last of Barrett's Privateers))

Sofia smiled when she saw James and some sickening thing crawled and coiled within his very core. Upon his arrival at the shop boat, James had simply watched her, relieved that she was alive, but unable to say anything.

Part of him wished it had been Verity. At least then it wouldn’t have to be anything important. Just a “Hi” before going to the others, a moment to relax. It was a completely selfish thought, though. James should be glad to see Sofia, overjoyed.

But she wasn’t just joy or relief or kindness. No, Sofia was also guilt and shame. It was because of him that she’d been brought onto the path that marked her as a killer, that had possibly put her in Ivan’s crosshairs. For that, he’d gone and kissed another girl. Well, she’d kissed him, but James wasn’t so deluded as to not know he’d wanted it.

And so, even when she smiled and greeted him, he stood silent for a moment, as if struck dumb. Sofia was so much better than he was.

“Same here, got worried about you guys.” He finally spoke up, a smile coming to his face as he stepped closer, looking her over. He resisted the urge to grab her and hug her and just cry like a stupid child.

“New shirt?” He asked, gesturing towards her choice of attire.
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

For a moment, Sofia had a weird feeling. James was awkwardly silent. But then he started talking, and the feeling passed. She guessed it must have been the usual whirlwind of emotions everyone felt in a death game now and then.

"Yes," she answered to his question. "Didn't like the old one, and I doubt anyone will call me out for taking something from this place. Hell, this boat was probably put here for the sole purpose of providing us with more stuff." She made a handwave to show the whole room. "If they did, they clearly did their best."

Indeed, the shopboat was filled with lots of different things. Apart from the clothing-section, Sofia could make out an entire shelf of board and card games, all SOTF-related. Even a bunch of SOTF-themed boomboxes, appearing to be fully functional.

This in turn reminded Sofia of something else. Namely the car battery she was carrying in her bag since leaving the glass-bottomed boat. Thanks to the jumper cables that came with it, she would be able to lead the electrical charge somewhere. But so far, she had seen no opportunity to do that. Maybe if they hunkered down in a room, they might try to electrify the doorknob as a precaution? Or maybe it would be a usefull torture device. Anyway, she decided to tell the others about it when they reunited. maybe someone else had a better idea what to do with this thing.

One more reason to find the others.

"By the way, I was ambushed by Britnee and another girl not too long ago. I could scare them away, but ended up using all of the magazine in the machine gun. You don't have some spare ammunition?"
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

“Are you… alright? After whatever happened with those girls, I mean. Like, you didn’t get hurt?” He asked slowly, expression turning toward concern as he took another step closer to look her over, though she didn’t seem hurt.

“But nah, I don’t have anything like that, sorry.” He remembered to answer her question after a moment.

Sofia seemed to speak as though things hadn’t gone so horribly wrong even though she’d killed Lucille and Vasily and Bacchia had been killed. His first thought was that she was a better liar than he’d known, playing at being so convincingly well put together, but then he remembered that she didn’t know some of the bad news.

“I- um…” His eyes darted downward for a moment, not sure how to break it to her, not sure it mattered. “I saw Ivan when I was away. I, uh, saw Bacchia too.” He did his best to return to looking at Sofia and to not think of the last girl that’d smiled at him.

“He killed her. I saw him do it.” But that wasn’t exactly true. Jamss didn’t just see Bacchia die, he’d felt it, life slip from her body as he held her.

“Bacchia’s dead.”
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

The news hit Sofia unprepared.

Yes, she was aware that there where deaths she didn't knew about. Ritzy had said something to that degree. However, she had assumed it were the usual deaths happening to other people somewhere else. Not another death of their party, and not another death caused by Ivan who just had killed Vasily.

She tried to remember everything she could about Bacchia. But there was mostly nothing. Their only interaction had been Bacchia trash-talking James and running off to get herself thrown into the water by Ivan. And her time at Mangrove felt like another life that no longer mattered. And even then, the two had barely interacted.

But James was different. She could see him shaking while giving her the news. This made sense. After all, Bacchia had been a part of James' group since the beginning of the game.

There was one thing she had to do.

With big steps, Sofia moved to James and gave him a big hug.

Several long seconds, they just stood there in silence.

"It's not you fault." She finally said. And she meant it. Sofia might not have been there, but that was what she wanted to believe.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

((King of Hea- Fisk, just Fisk continued from giving a warning.))

When Fisk made his way to the shop boat, it was because he heard the very familiar buzzing that was his machine gun. He figured one of his own needed backup. He... expected that.

He didn’t expect what he found though. He saw James, in a worse looking state (emotionally, outside of the bruises he got from prior encounters, James mostly stayed unscathed) than he usually was, with Sofia embracing him.

He’d have to tell them eventually what they were going to do, but not yet. He wouldn’t ruin the moment for them if he could help it.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

James felt his whole body tense up as Sophia wrapped her arms around him. Her touch was gentle, comforting. It should’ve made him feel worse than it did, that she was so kind to him, but she offered warmth and reassurance, more than he deserved, but exactly what he needed.

And so, James relaxed ever so slightly, returning her embrace and holding her close.

“Thank you.” He whispered, not daring to speak any louder. He’d probably cried himself out enough earlier, but he didn’t want to have yet another breakdown here, so he wasn’t taking any risks.

Took in a deep breath, and couldn’t quite let go.

“Thank you, Sofia.” James repeated when he couldn’t think of anything else to say, before shifting the topic.

“You didn’t answer if you were alright, though?”
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

"I am alright," Sofia answered, still holding onto him. "To be honest, it was kinda scary for a moment. And then my ex-mentor tried to get me into trouble. Guess she will do that every announcement circle from now on.

"But I managed to distract them for a moment and get to the gun, and that was enough to send them running."

She decided against telling him how a bullet had almost pierced her brain. James already had enough reasons to worry.

Opening her eyes, she saw another new arrival standing in the doorframe. This time, she wasn't shocked, although his make-up was questionable.

"Fisk?"
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Yeah, they’ll do that.” Fisk said, in reply to the mentors trying to fuck Sofia over. “They forgot this whole thing isn’t about them, and the sooner you remind them, the sooner they try to punish you for ‘insulting their omnipotence’.”

He probably should’ve started with a hello. “Where are my manners though? I am... alive, but that’s just about it. That’s better than what I can say for those two belligerents that ambushed you, but they’ll get theirs; in due time; right now we have bigger fish to fry, as awful that it sounds.”

Fisk leaned against the doorway.

“Ivan.” Fisk’s hands clenched. “Getting real tired of him. Left Vasily for me. Didn’t have the nerve to stay and die, either. Left him as a warning to us, so...”

“We’re gonna leave ourselves a warning right back.”
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

So, Stephanie had begun to work against Sofia. It was a frightening thought, but not unexpected. James had already had an encounter with the mentors turning on the Respects, but he’d talked it over with his own mentor, Claudia, already. This wasn’t a unified effort among them, and seemed to come from specific betrayals or even concern for the lives of surviving team members. Now Sofia had been marked Lucille's death. Unlike him, she wasn't going to be offered an alternative.

Then, James felt a flash of cold in the air when Sofia called out to the person that had managed to sneak up on the two of them.

Just as with Sofia, James had dreaded seeing Fisk again, but unlike Sofia, the leader of the Respects brought with him no comfort or reassurance. He was all business and bloodlust and fury. Almost as soon as his mouth had opened, his words had turned toward getting revenge on Ivan.

However, the way Fisk managed to phrase things felt uncomfortable. It wasn’t about looking for Ivan or holing up together, but instead about leaving a message.

“Hey, Fisk.” James finally let go of Sofia, turning to properly face the only other original member of their group that remained.

“What sort of warning? What are you planning?” He asked, trying his best to not phrase it like an accusation, but rather an earnest inquiry.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Well James...”

Fisk began to pace back and forth. Started talking with his hands again. “I guess I been thinking. See, I noticed a pattern, as awful as it is, and I’ve come to a conclusion. We need a change of tactics.”

His hands made a box in front of him as he moved towards the aisles. “It’s uhh, it’s no surprise that we’re being hunted. Ivan’s always one step ahead of us, right? No way one man could do that alone. He’s got... help.” His hands flattened out, went horizontal. “Every time we stop, every time we catch a break, every time we recuperate, he’s there. He strikes. He gets us when we’re vulnerable. We lose someone.”

Fisk stopped. He punched his palm each word for emphasis.

“Every. Single. Fucking. Time.”

“I’m tired of it.”

“But.”

“But...”

He pointed up, as if the epiphany hit just then. “When we’re aggressive? When we’re on the assault? We win every time. Sure, we take bruises, and beatings, but someone on the other team ends up dead.”

Hit his fist for emphasis. Smiled this time, he took pride in this part.

“Every. Single. Fucking. Time.”

“I’m tired of losing my friends. And I’m tired of Ivan and his friends doing horror movie shit to mine.” Clown paint stretched as Fisk’s teeth were bared.

“So we’re gonna do it right back. Remember why we did what we did to Ivan? It was a message. Don’t fight back or we’ll hurt you before we kill you.”

“Ivan doesn’t seem to care about himself. He knows he’s doomed. So do you, so do I. But the people that help him? Well, not much we can do to the mentors.” He nodded at Sofia. “They’re gonna keep feeding Ivan information. They’ll cheat to kill us. But the people here? People like Rhonda, like Seth? Like Stokes? We show them why helping Ivan is a big mistake. We show Ivan why he’s making a mistake.”

Fisk had to stifle back some laughter in anticipation. There was anger. There was excitement. A longing in it.

“Ivan won’t man up to face his punishment, so we’re just gonna have to punish his friends instead. Next door to us, is a home made trading outpost. It’s cute. Quaint. It’s made to help all the poor souls just trying to survive this awful, awful game. I have it on good authority that one of those people helped was Ivan. It’s been well traveled. People know of it.”

Fisk was giddy getting to the point now. “It’s barely armed. Just ran by Stokes and Junji.” He paced to the nearest aisle. Looked at the boom boxes, and the CDs- “wait, what the fuck, CD’s are still a thing?” He had to pick up one of the cases just to examine it. ‘Survival of The Fittest: Season 67 OST. “Hmm?” Oh that’s cool, it includes some liscenced music for the inevitable teasers and trailers.

“Anyways. Where was I? Oh yeah. We were on the part about ‘we do better on the attack than the defense’ and ‘that I just found someone who helped Ivan so we’re gonna go torture them to death and hang em up’ deal. Yeah.”

“So we got our next new targets. From here on out, we’re gonna pick up the pace a bit, because I’m not losing anyone else.”

“Not you,” he pointed at James. “Or you,” Then Sofia. “Or Verity. We’re making it to the end.” He pointed out the door. “Ivan’s just a single wild animal. He just has a lot of help. We take that support out from under him, and he’ll fold.”

He smiled again. “Might as well have some fun with it too. Let off some steam. Make them suffer for even coming up with the idea of defying us,”

“Yeah... we‘ll have some fun this time...”
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Fisk seemed not quite full there, but Sofia understood. Vasily's death must have shaken him. Instead she focused on what he said.

She slightly raised her eyebrows when Fisk stated that the mentors where helping Ivan as if it was a fact. While this might explain a lot, it seemed rather unlikely. Sofia knew enough about the fandom the be aware that many of the hardcore fans where very adamant about SOTF being a "fair" contest with as little outside influence as possible. The audience would surely revolt if the showrunners started to clearly favor one contestant over others. And giving Ivan secretly intel should be very difficult thanks to the omnipotent stream.

But Fisk had a point in that there was nothing they could do about it. The mentors weren't in the arena, and the showrunners probably on the other side of the world. No point in thinking about them. But if Fisk could handle the situation better when he believed his own stories, Sofia saw no reason to argue about it.

Then Fisk said a unexpected name. Sofia was pretty sure James told her about every person the Respects encountered while they were travelling alone. So how did Fisk know that Stokes was in the arena?

He also started talking about sending a message, and it was clear what he really meant. Sofia found herself feeling ready. She had had enough time to come to terms with the fact that the Respects ultimately were the villains of this fucked up story. Fisk's newest Joker-makeup was proof enough of that. If she were to be unsure about associating with this group, Lucille's death would become even more pointless. Sofia wouldn't enjoy doing whatever Fisk said next, but she was determined to get the job done.

That's why she didn't flinch when her earlier question about Stokes was answered. Instead, she spoke up for another reason.

"There is one thing you should know. Back on the first day, I actually woke up in the restaurant and briefly met Stokes while she was setting up her shop. I don't know about Junji, but there was another boy with her who decided to help. His name is Chris. Don't really know much else about him except that he has an axe as a weapon. So he could be around, meaning we have to deal with three people."
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2