Funtime in the Sunshine

A PM-to-enter pool party~

Two floors down from the primary deck of the cruise ship, another terrace of deck just out, primarily given over to a massive swimming pool. This pool is full of clean, fresh water, and arrayed around it are a wide range of beach towels, pool chairs, and water toys—the latter including dozens of pool noodles and boogie boards, as well as a pair of inflatable pool toys (one yellow duck and one green alligator), each large enough for a grown adult to ride. Back next to the entrance to the corridors is a small stand that sold ice cream; though it has been emptied of sweet treats it provides better cover than anything else in the immediate vicinity.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“It’ll get easier.”

Boink.

“I picked you guys over the others for a reason.”

Boink.

“We don’t really have much choice anymore anyways, considering what we did to Ivan. All of our names are going to be attached to him. There’s no backing out now.”

Boink.

“We never had one anyways, to be honest.”

Boink.

“We’re in the middle of the ocean. Even if we got these collars off, we’re not gonna swim home or ride a lifeboat back. We’d all starve to death a week in. Or drown a day in. Or freeze to death a night in.”

Boink.

“I picked you guys because I honestly don’t trust anyone else. You already saw what Ivan was trying before we even saw him, how many others are too?”

Boink.

“This is the best way of making it to the end, working together. These bandannas are meaningless. You can’t force random people to work together, there’s always going to be someone trying to undermine you.”

Boink.

“That’s why I picked all of you. You need people who are driven. People who are competent. People willing to follow orders to accomplish the mission. Ours is making it to the end. Ours is getting ten kills. Ours is winning.”

Boink.

“It won’t be easy, sure. Nothing about this is. Even if miraculously none of us felt a twinge of emotion for sniffing out someone, there’s still others trying as hard as we are, on their own.”

Splash.

“Even now others are probably dead. Getting to ten kills before someone else is a challenge on its own, even if we work together. Making it to the end is another thing on its own.

But...”

Fisk swam over to the ball, picking it up to serve again.

“It’ll still get easier. They’re all alone. We’re not. Sure there’s more people under one bandanna, but they’re not truly united. Under our masks, we are. We have the ability, no the privilege of watching each other’s backs, being well rested because someone’s on guard duty, having someone watch over us if one of us inevitably gets injured. No matter what challenge we face...”

Boink.

“We’re not alone. They are.”

Boink.

“And while it won’t be easy, we got it easier than them on principle.”

Boink.

“The producers want teamwork? They’ll get it. That’s why this has to work. There’s no alternative.”

There was death, vindication, and martyrdom, but Fisk would rather be alive to hear the applause than dead. Barring that, he’d settle for applause at his death than crickets.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

"Mm-hm, yeah."

Boink.

"Thanks for, um, believing in me. Us. I dunno."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Why wouldn't I have faith? You guys are my friends."
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

"Yeah.

Thanks for that. I, I mean-

I'm glad you're my friend. Our friend. Ugh. Gotta think like a group now."

The ball floated between him. Vasily blinked, once, and then scrambled for it.

"Sorry."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“You can still think for yourself. We’re not a bunch of bugs or a hivemind. All thinking like a group is, is knowing we got your back, and you got ours.

Anyways... enough with the somber shit, we might be on SOTF, but... we’re on SOTF. Might as well have some fun with it while we’re here.”
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

"Yeah, I know, I just... It's, like, I've thought about this. About being on Es-oh-Tee-Eff and all that. Like, a lot, even as a kid. It's an obsession. I'm supposed to be prepared. I'm supposed to know what the fuck I'm doing and I'm supposed to know who the fuck I'm with and suddenly you and the rest of us appeared and fucked it all up. Well, not in a bad way, like, y'all just changed everything I would have done in this game. Innovative, y'know?"

He clung to the ball.

"Like, I had a plan. I had a lot of plans about what would happen if I got casted, if I had to fight for my life, all that- and now it's all different and I'm not alone I don't know what to feel. Not, like, sad. It's, um, I think it's nice that you're here with me, but I just care and I'm scared for you, you know? You say that we're a team working together but I get a feeling like you're trying to put the weight of our lives on your shoulders alone and... Whatever, yeah, let's play."

He remembered he had the ball.

Boink.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Boink.

"I won't lie, there is most certainly weight to this. Our lives are on the line, in a way everyone's is really. But the truth is I prefer it if one of our lives, or more are the ones who come out, versus someone else. The classmates whom's lives I truly do care for could be counted on one hand, maybe two, and to my knowledge all of the ones in game are on one hand. You already know that hand. That's why I picked them-why I picked you for this."

Boink.

"I don't really feel bad for what I did, and what I'm probably going to do, because the care I have for those not on our side is a mutual feeling. Were the rolls reversed, they wouldn't have empathy for me, for us. So I can't be bothered with it, you know? Does a soldier give mercy to the enemy?"

Boink.

"I feel weight for you guys, my mission, my goal is to get you guys to win, that at least some of us go home. I don't feel shit for the others. I'm not overwhelmed; my conscious is clear. If I have to play to the cameras, make big speeches, turn our enemies into works of art made of dripping meat for the producers to give us that, I won't hesitate. I'll play my part. Give my Goldfinger speech. Shoot my gun through crowds like Zorin. Make examples of our enemies like Sanchez. I'll do it. I'll do it for you all because it doesn't pain me in the least to do so."

Boink.

"The cameras see us as the big scary sadist death cult out of a home invasion horror movie. What they don't see is that Giselle and James grew up on the same street as me. That me and you went to the same therapy classes for the island of broken people and misfit toys since middle school. That Keegan's actually a good kid who wouldn't have anyone looking out for him if it weren't for us. Or Bacchia is..." Fisk smirked and gave a half hearted chuckle.

"Well, they may be right about her, but at least she's on our side right?"

Boink.

"Like I said... May as well have fun with it, right?"
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Boink.

"I mean, of course they're going to think we're a sadistic death cult. Partially because we might be one? But mostly because of the death part since we aren't really a cult and yeah, Bacchia really adds the sadist points in here. Haahaa."

Boink.

"And they're gonna, like, think we'll all fail and die and whatever, 'cause that's statistically what's gonna happen to most of us. We're just points, y'know? Obstacles for the eventual winners. Or, we would have been. "

Boink.

"But I believe in you."

Boink.

"And I sort of, like, wish I could feel the same when you said that you don't feel bad, y'know? Like, I really hoped that I could just let go of my guilt and all that, but I couldn't. It's, like, I feel like the world sees us as characters, and I guess that's at least partially 'cuz we present ourselves as characters. And, like, I feel so ingenuine trying to be this other version of myself that I have to be, but if I try to be myself I'll die."

Boink.

"I mean, this isn't the best time for soul searching, but it's just- I've just thought a lot about myself in the past ten minutes or so, and I thought a lot about my role in this game."

Boink.

"Which is stupid, since what I really need to do is to let go and just enjoy our time together and relax, but, it's like, I feel like I need to tell you everything, right now, about what I feel so that I can get it all out of the way and I don't have to say anything stupid, you know? Like the fact that I feel like I'm going to force myself to become someone I don't like, or the fact that I am not really as good of a person as I think I am, and that it feels like all the time I spend helping and protecting other people is just to boost my own ego, and that I don't feel right with my gender and identity and I'm scared that I'll never be able to figure that out, and that I like you. But no homo, though. Just in that sort of "Hey you're probably the only reason I'm not having a mental breakdown in the middle of the ocean" kinda liking. Like, I Respect you, ha. No, serioudly, um."

Boink.

"And like please disregard what I just said because it's all so stupid, and this is a horrible ramble and if- and when I make it out of here I'm gonna look back and think of how much of an idiot I am for just spilling my guts all out for you. Like, if the sun doesn't kill me first, 'cause I kind of wanna get out after like ten more minutes. Anyways, it's your turn to talk and I'm so embarrassed I wanna die by Ivan's ghost spawning here and stabbing me before I can say anything dumber and wow Ivan's, like, dead and that's super hard to process anyways-"

Boink.

"Yeah. Your turn to talk. Sorry for being very incoherent I just have thought a lot and I feel like you're the only person that I can trust and talk to right now and oh my god Giselle's here fuck I forgot about her how the hell did I forget about her."
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by Sh4dE »

Giselle didn't eavesdrop, because when you realise a conversation between friends was getting uncomfortably personal, that was something you should avoid doing as a good friend. She wasn't a Space Cadet or anything like that.
I'm so glad to be back !
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Well, uhhh...”

Yeah. This is a lot to work with.

“Err, well, I think the implication that’d we would just be a score to some pissant that got lucky to be incredibly profane, what with the knowledge that even being against us is a death sentence, and may the powers that be intervene from whatever we have in store for those who resist...”

“But, that one isn’t quite as important. Even throughout doing this, you have to be true to yourself. Sure you can play things up for the camera, or make things interesting, but you should always be true to yourself. And to be fair on your part, feeling guilt is normal. Personally I really don’t, but I know that at least James and Keegan definitely feel a bit. Maybe Giselle too. Bacchia’s a no, clearly, but you’re not alone in feeling emotions over killing someone, it’s natural.”

“And if you’re discovering yourself, you shouldn’t feel rushed. As of now you *do* have the rest of your life to figure things out, and if it’s any consolation we all do. Granted we also have the rest of our lives to decide how we want to prolong the rest of our lives, but again, we have the rest of our lives to make our decisions and to come to terms with the rest of our lives.”

“Also don’t call yourself a terrible person. You’re averagely bad at worse. Just because you do good on some days doesn’t mean you’re fake, sometimes you have different priorities at different times. Also it’s not like you aren’t gonna have a chance to do heroics and save people. Maybe Bacchia needs some help in a gunfight, or Keegan needs to get bailed out from getting his ass kicked. You and the others were there for me against Ivan. We’ll have a lot of moments like that before the day is done. On your identity and personality, I’m uhh, I’m not sure what to say there. I mean, do what you feel is right, and be the person you desire to be, whatever your choice is, I’m here for you. I can speak for the rest of The Respects too and say they’ll be here for you too.”

“Don’t feel what’s on your mind is stupid. I’m sure everyone’s got a million thoughts buzzing in their skulls right now. Personally I feel like it’s better to get things off of your chest, even if you think it’s stupid. There’s no point in hiding anything, it’s just weight on your chest.”

“Also yeah we can get out of the pool, I burn easy too.”
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

((Anthony Golden: Continued from Rise, Rapture, Rise))

It had been an arduous process, getting here. Anthony had snuck up from the bottom of the cruise ship, hiding in storage rooms filled with naught but dust and cabins, empty of any personality or life at the sound of anyone else coming. He didn't know what he was looking for: a teammate? Giselle? Those two girls that had kicked him in the balls and then ran off? A better weapon? Nonetheless, he kept searching for a purpose. God knows how many flights of stairs up he was right now, but that didn't matter.

There had been people in the little dining hall near this pool, so he had stuck clear, taking the long way around the corridors. The noise coming from the pool as he passed by it, splashes and some quiet talking, piqued his curiosity enough to let him peek around the corner.

Vasily Ivanov and Fisk whatever his last name was were in the pool, casually talking to each other and boinking a volleyball between their hands. The sheer disparity between the scenario they were stuck in, one where being murdered was pretty much a given, and the two kids casually playing volleyball with each other while vibing in the pool was almost funny. Or, at least it would be if they weren't in SOTF TV. He was decent acquaintances with Vasily at least, they had bonded over some minor stuff, so at the least he probably wouldn't be shot on sight by him. There was a tommy gun next to the pool edge, and for a brief second the idea of hit and running for it was tempting.

But no. He wasn't gonna do it. He wasn't Olivia fucking Del Rio. The mere thought of that little smug fucking smile made him angry, and looking pissed wouldn't do in a scenario like this. His eyes scanning the rest of the pool area, he saw her. Giselle, seemingly taking a nap on one of the pool chairs. If Vasily and Giselle were there, sure nothing bad was gonna happen. Giselle wouldn't let any of them be violent towards him.

Standing up, he walked through the doorway, hands up to show that he wasn't a threat. Not like that mattered if they really wanted to shoot an innocent man, but it would go a long way to showing his goodwill.

"Hey, Vasily! Giselle! It's me, Anthony!" He couldn't contain the relief he felt, the emotion spilling out of his throat like liquid out of a overturned bottle. Thank fuck. He couldn't really see any of their bandanas, but the odds were likely one of them would be on his team. And if not, at least they were buddies.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

''Y-yeah, uh, thanks. I just…Whew! Needed to let it all out.''

Boink.

''Sorry for putting that all on you guys, you really don't have to, like, accommodate me or anything. I think I can figure myself out. Y'know, got the rest of my life and all.''

He floated in the water. The awkwardness was unbearable. He's said all that he needed to say and much more. He needed to do something. Step one: get out of the pool.

His hands were gripping the ladder when someone stepped into the scene. His first thought was friend. His second was victim.

Oh. Him. And an orange bandanna. That makes things a bit easier, and a million times harder.

Anthony was nice, and he was also pretty lonely and Vasily felt bad about it back when that was something he bothered to feel bad enough about to befriend someone over, and he hated this show that they’re all on because of his morals, or parents, or Sky Daddy saying it wasn’t OK or something like that.

Kinda like Giselle. And look at what she did, with that little credit card stunt.

“Uhh…” He suddenly remembered that it would take longer for Fisk to grab his gun than it would be for Anthony to grab their bags and run.

A push, and a kick against the pool ladder. Vasily’s body drifted to the side as his wet hand laid gently on the Chicago Typewriter, iron rings and pale skin glistening under the pool water. Pointed vaguely at Anthony's direction and ready to tense up.

“Hi?”

… He never thought Survival of the Fittest would be this awkward.

“I’d heavily appreciate it if you don’t, like, try to kill us because that would absolutely be not poggers.”

... This was it. This was his fucking legacy. Poggers, Jesus fuck, Vasily, seriously?

uh,

“HeyFiskwhatshouldwedo?”
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Well, this was unfortunate. A new comer had made his appearance, and he wasn't a Respect. The irony of it all was palpable to Fisk. Just imagine for a moment, two people having a very, very heartfelt conversation about hopes, dreams and fears. Two people just opening themselves up to each other, and coming to a conclusion, with acceptance and motivation, and all that niceness. Then, imagine a third person makes themselves known. Then Fisk grabs the machinegun and shoots Anthony down like a dog. Honestly, Fisk thought that mental image incredibly funny. Maybe he wasn't much better than Bacchia in that regard.

Still, he wouldn't do it because one, Giselle and Vasily probably didn't share Fisk's sense of humor. Two, even if they did, Anthony had the fortunate for him, unfortunate for Fisk, luck of being friends with both Giselle and Vasily, so that meant that even if they had shared his sense of humor, they wouldn't find seeing one of their friends getting unceremoniously ventilated to be all that entertaining. Still, despite all of that, he found himself inching closer to his gun.

Luckily for all parties involved though, Vasily beat him to it, resting his arm on the gun. Fisk wasn't going to shoot Anthony, and Anthony wasn't going to try and take the gun and run. Until someone chose to make this violent, it was out of Fisk's hands. Since Vasily decided to take initiative, Fisk figured it was fine to let him handle things, and to control the situation.

Fisk regretted it immediately. Poggers. Fucking, Poggers... Vasily was worried about his very legitimate grievances come off as 'saying stupid shit' and was almost ashamed to talk about it, but then he says FUCKING POGGERS enthusiastically. Fisk pinched his brow. Vasily whispered to Fisk.

Would it be insensitive to whisper back light 'em up? Maybe not if it was someone else, but again, this was one of Vasily (and Giselle's) friends. "Well, you got the gun..."

"I'd say it's all up to you. What do you wanna do?"
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by Sh4dE »

While the boys were having their intimate conversation, Giselle distracted herself from it by deciding to eat a bit from her daypack. That reminded her that Ivan didn't have his with him. She couldn't find it anywhere back at the quarters either, which seemed odd. It's as if he had thrown it into the sea or something, it had disappeared.

The snack helped her calm down and after packing it back, she leaned back again and could feel being dragged in and out of a temporary sleep. A filled stomach lead to a better nap experience. When she regained reality, she could see the boys finishing up and preparing to go out. Then, someone entered the area.

Aw, fuck. It was Anthony. She really did not want to see him right now, or rather him see her. She would've been happy if she had avoided him the whole game, but fate said no to that. Perhaps in an alternate universe they would've met at the start of the game and gone the escape route together. Though the escape route was also just a route created by the producers to entertain the masses and have opportunities for faces to come victorious in contrast to the ten-kill route which was created for the heels. There was no real choice for the contestants, as both routes would have been shaped and calculated by the people behind the scenes, they were both equally part of the game. Neither of the paths were safe; they brought huge risks with them. Both kinds of people were driven by the goals set by the game, and most of the time so blinded by the prize that they forget to survive.

Giselle wished she had her mask on her face to at least make him doubt her identity for a bit, but no, she was instantly recognised by him and her name was called out. Giselle's heart raced as Vas swam to the grab the gun, pointed it as Anthony and...begged?

He babbled something about poggers, which is a term she read in Carol's streams. Why he'd use that word now, she had no fucking clue. Maybe he was playing for the cameras. She couldn't really cringe at him, because her emotions were preoccupied with the panic surrounding this conflict.

Okay, Vas was definitely not stable. He was emotional, and that might be because he just had a deep convo with Fisk. But perhaps it was just his lack of mask. What she saw through her sunglasses was no comparison to the Vasily she saw a couple of moments earlier. She couldn't recognise him anymore. This wasn't the same person who visciously beat up Ivan. Without a mask, with a known identity to the person he was pointing a gun at, he couldn't even get the respect from Anthony. He seemed vulnerable, almost pathetic. Maybe he needed the mask.

She wasn't sure who was more in danger, Anthony or Vas. This could end badly. God fucking damn it how could she solve this?

"Don't shoot him. He's a friend of mine."

A best friend of mine.
I'm so glad to be back !
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

Right, he was being held at gunpoint. This wasn't something he didn't expect, although of course you can't predict how you react when someone's pointing a bloody tommygun at you. In Anthony's case, he simply thrusted his hands a little higher, trying to ignore that little voice in his head that was screaming at him to run as fast as he can.

"I- You know, if I woz gonna bloody kill you, I'd 'ave made a bettah plan than fohking announcin' my prescence." The nerves in his voice were as clear as glass. That bloody accent was slipping through again. He cleared his throat.

"The weapon I got was a fake fucking beard, and I think your tommy gun wins over a flimsy fucking piece of cheap fake fur. So, no, I'm not gonna bloody kill you. I'm just... I wanna talk to Giselle." The opposite would be a lot more likely, but Giselle piping up in his favour would hopefully de-escalate the situation. Being riddled with bullets wouldn't be a good way to die; Anthony had read online on some EMT's blog that it was typically a pretty painful way to die unless you like, got hit in the brain or heart or something and he'd prefer to pass peacefully in his sleep at an old age instead of being shot dead for the entertainment of a bunch of mouthbreathers.

Vasily really did just fucking say poggers. There was something darkly funny about someone babbling about poggers while holding him gunpoint, but he wasn't exactly going to laugh while being held at gunpoint. He didn't exactly look stable, and could Anthony blame him? He was running on adrenaline and there's nothing in the world he'd like to do right now than crawl into a hole and wait this whole thing out, but that wasn't gonna be an option.

Come to think of it, Giselle, Fisk and Vasily were a weird combination. He couldn't really see much, but none of them seemed to be sharing the same team. And Giselle, probably the most anti-SOTF person he knows apart from himself, hanging out with Vasily and Fisk, both who were big fans of the show? That was weird, as in the way you wouldn't see a little bunny rabbit hanging out with wolves.

Perhaps that little voice in his head had a little bit of credency to it.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2

Return to “Cruise Ship: Open-Air Pool (Danger Zone)”