★★ dead mari :skull: ★★ (@radradradish)

I'd copy-paste the topic description for the previous twitter thread but apparently it breaks the character limit (mentorsho

This ship is a replica of a traditional clipper ship, painstakingly built to recreate the proper design elements and functionality. Originally used for filming and for theme tours in Southeast Asia, it was badly damaged when an inexperienced captain scraped a pier during a storm, and was put into dry dock pending repairs. Ultimately, however, insurance proceedings saw it declared a total write-off and sold for scrap. It has gashes in the sides that have been crudely but competently repaired, and inside the ships has wide expanses of wooden floor spanning two decks. The rigging is the most impressive part, with a crow's nest that serves as the highest point of the arena, should one dare venture up the rope ladder. A rather anachronistic yet fully functional cannon has been mounted on the deck, fixed in the vague direction of a section of outer marina, though only three cannonballs are present, each massive sphere tucked away in the back of the very bottom deck of the ship.
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

★★ dead mari :skull: ★★ (@radradradish)

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

★★ dead mari 💀 ★★ (@radradradish) · Apr 16, 2021
This is Javier — Marion’s father, for those new to this account. Shutting this account down for the time being for what I believe are obvious reasons.

|
|
|

Replying to
@radradradish
Should Marion make it through, she is free to revive this account however she wishes.

|
|
|

Replying to
@radradradish
I’m fully aware that other parents in the community are using their children’s former social media accounts to advance their own platform and to drum up support for their family in the game, but I’m making a point to not do that.

|
|
|

Replying to
@radradradish
It would provide Marion no practical advantage, for one, not to mention how tacky doing something like that would be.

|
|
|

Replying to
@radradradish
This was who Marion was before she was taken away from me.

|
|
|

Replying to
@radradradish
It would be defilement to let anyone else touch this.
It was four o’clock in the morning when Marion Rosales left the other members in her group sleeping unguarded as she climbed the stairs of the clipper ship and walked out onto the deck. She walked over to the edge and stared into the water for a couple of minutes. She turned around and gazed at the crow’s nest. She then went to right above the stairs, stood there, then spoke.

“Hello. Mr. Cuthner.”

She readjusted her hijab. Stared off into the distance. None of the cameras could quite catch her gaze.

“I notice you haven’t talked to me yet. I’m interested in why that’s the case. Am I… doing well enough that I don’t need advice? Am I so boring that even you’ve forgotten I exist already?”

She brought a hand up to her mouth and giggled. The noise floated for a few seconds.

“You can tell me the truth. Either of those two answers would mean I’m doing a good job, as far as I’m concerned.”

Her hand went back down to her side. A smile stayed on her face.

“I’m merely just interested in hearing what you have to say right now.”
Rattlesnake

Post by Rattlesnake »

After a gregnant pause, a voice comes quietly from Mareon Rosaleles' collar.

"Bit fuckin' early, isn't it?

"Anyways, little of column A, little of column 'Oh shit I think I might need to save these pep talks 'til these guys get kicked in the balls.' Figuratively for you, I think.

"And, you know, if you're lookin' for tips, we gotta keep this all clean. Can't be aiding and abetting too much. And I'd prefer you hunker down with some other Crabs, but, hey, you got your own kind of team victory goin' on."

A stifled yawn comes through the collar.

"There anything else you need?"
Wham Yubeesling

“Kind of.”

She stood in place. Looked to the left, then too the right. Shook her head. Kept staring forward.

“There’s… two roads of victory for myself — one with a team, one without. One literal, one… considerably more spiritual. You’re correct that if we are able to escape then I’d consider that a victory with the team I’ve formed. However…”

She paused. Looked down. Brought her hand up to her collar and tugged at it.

“These cameras on our collars show you everything we do, correct?”
Rattlesnake

Post by Rattlesnake »

"Yeah. You got, uhhh, buncha cameras in that shiny black bit for all those PoV shots, I dunno what kinda spectrums or whatever they capture, but yeah, they're pretty quality as far as I know. And you got microphones in there that can pick you up even if you're all emotional and whispery or, like, shooting at people, and there's a tracker, and some shit in there that blows it up if you, like, try to light it on fire or something."
Wham Yubeesling

“Noted.”

She tilted her head to the side. Tried to look down at her own neck.

“That means I can’t inform you about the non-obvious road, but… thank you for the information. It might be helpful. For the victory I can tell you about.”

She paused, for a bit. Looked up in the sky.

Started giggling.

“Wait, so are you telling me that, um, back then, when I was trying to fix Shoshanna’s spelling and she was actually secretly asking us if we wanted to escape that, that, that you all saw that? That we’re, um, using doublespeak to try and hide this when everybody already knows?”

Her head snapped from the sky to the deck. The giggle went to a full-on laugh.

“Sorry. This is just… kind of the funniest part of the last couple days. That we’ve…”

She clutched her stomach. Forced herself back into position. Kept her head level, for now.

“That we’ve basically been keeping secrets for nothing.”
Rattlesnake

Post by Rattlesnake »

"Yeah. They wanna capture every little bit. But, you know, so many cameras, so many kids, so many hours in the day... that's a fuckin' lot of footage to try to sift through, if you get me. Maybe only some fans catch something after it's all said and done. And sometimes, no promises, but they're looking to put on a good show. Even if they see something, they might not always see it."

Another yawn sounds from Marion's collar.

"I'm gonna go pass out 'til announcements, if I can. We'll touch bases tomorrow if I'm not interrupting anything. And, hey, good luck. Seriously."
Wham Yubeesling

“I understand. Thanks for the well wishes.”

She nodded. Froze. Stopped nodding.

“I’ll see you later.”

She looked up. Stretched. Started walking back below deck.

“Have a nice sleep.”

((continued elsewhere...))

Return to “Clipper Ship (Danger Zone)”