The Sound of Silence

Far away from every other place on the island, the tiny, crumbling prison is reminiscent of those found in the middle-ages. This is where the subjects were kept before they were taken to be briefed.
Rocky*

The Sound of Silence

Post by Rocky* »

((Ashlie Jackson continued from A Peaceful Walk))

Ashlie hadn't stopped walking for what seemed like an eternity. Everywhere she went was shrouded in complete and utter darkness, but she stumbled on regardless, not even thinking about pulling her flashlight out. The last thing she needed was for someone to know where she was. Granted, with the amount of noise she was making, it wouldn't have taken much to find her. Whether through luck or something else, The pink-haired girl had managed to avoid contact with anyone since... the incident.

Ashlie didn't even know what the hell had happened. She had seen much, but she definately knew what she did see, heard, and felt. Her gun had been moving of it's own will, she had heard someone tell her to shut up (it didn't escape her notice that this was the second time she'd been told to shut up), but most of all, she felt what seemed like a body on top of her. Not to mention the sticky sensation she was feeling on her arms and torso. Everything had pointed towards someone had been on top of her, only no one was there.

"This is just one fucked up trip..." Ashlie muttered to herself as she continued to walk. The first announcement had been hours in the past, and the girl had remembered to mark down the dangerzones. She remembered hearing something about a device they put inside the subjects that would explode if they were caught in one of these "dangerzones". That was not a fate Ashlie wanted for herself. If she was going to die, then she was going to give it her all to the bitter end.

Walking over the small hill in front of her, the girl found herself looking at a building that seemed very familiar, and at the same time, not. Somewhere in the dark recesses of her subconsciousness she knew this odd looking building was important. Her attention was quickly turned to something else however. Off in the distance, the first signs of the rising sun were visible, it's comforting rays hitting the girl's face like a gentle assurance that her horrific night was over, for now. Ashlie closed her eyes, the Flordia native reveling in the feel of the sun.

Opening her eyes, Ashlie casually pushed a wayward strand of pink hair from her face. Something about her hand caught her attention at that moment however. Something that wasn't there before. She still felt the same sticky sensation as before, only now the feeling was accompanied by a dark red substance on her hands. She looked at her hands with a mixture of shock and amusement for a moment before it finally sunk into her head what exactly she was looking at. Her hands, right arm up to her elbow, and a good portion of her chest were covered in blood.

It took every ounce of nerves in Ashlie's body to not scream, faint, vomit, or all three at once. When she had first woken up at the cable car station, she had thought that fighting for her survival would be no problem. After all, she had seen people get into brutal fights at her raves, and those often ended in bloodshed. She was supposed to be used to this. Hard as a rock. So why were her arms shaking so much? Ashlie brought her arms into herself, hugging her torso and getting blood all over her tank top. A shiver went up her spine as Ashlie sat down hard in the hill overlooking the building.

Nothing made any sense to her. Aside from her feet and a few bruises here and there, Ashlie was uninjured, or at least not nearly injured enough to have bled on herself in this volume. More, why did it take her so long to notice? This wasn't something you would miss normally. Unless.... Slowly the pieces of the puzzle were forming themselves in her head. She was covered in blood that wasn't hers, that she couldn't see, but feel. Until now. What was so different now than a few hours ago?....The sun. That was it. She didn't see the blood because there was nothing to see. So then, whoever's blood this belonged to would have not been able to have been seen either. Which means that feeling she had of someone being on top of her wasn't a figment of her imagination.

All this came to a head with one harsh revelation. There was no way that the other person had survived, juding just by the amount of blood on Ashlie. Despite not being able to see it, Ashlie had killed someone. Unfolding her arms again, the pink haired girl looked at her hands again. These hands had taken a life. She had killed someone in cold blood... and she smiled. It had been so easy! Ashlie didn't even have to try, and she had killed someone! Maybe there was still hope yet for her to escape this God forsaken situation. The announcement had said three were dead, which meant unless someone else had already kicked it, there were 17 others, including herself. Judging by the fact that she had only encountered one person(okay, two, but she didn't see the second person), that meant someone else was getting their hands dirty as well. She might not even have to do that much, and she could survive, and even if she had to kill someone else, it was so easy to do, she'd have no problem!

Ashlie stood again, a renewed energy in her face. Looking from the building to her tank top, she realized she'd have to find some new clothing somewhere. She almost considered removing the bloodied piece of clothing and going around shirtless, but she decided against it. As much as she didn't like to admit it, she was somewhat ashamed of her chubbiness, and the tank top, while revealing, did wonders to her self-esteem in that regard. With a new hop in her step, the pink haired girl headed down the hill towards the building, hoping there would be a new shirt for her or something waiting for her there.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

((Taryn Jones continued from All Apologies))

Kate and Taryn had walked for hours until it was too dark for them to continue. Not wanting to risk being seen by using their flashlights, the girls decided to rest for the night hidden under some brush.

For a few fleeting moments before she was entirely asleep Taryn felt comfortable. The air of, well, wherever they were, wasn’t too cold. It was a very temperate atmosphere. Although she had just met Kate, Taryn always liked the feeling of falling asleep next to another body.

She slept dreamlessly until the crackling of P.A. system brought her to life with a start. Taryn sat up gradually as the cheery woman yapped about the events of the day before. Hidden in the horrible woman’s stream of speech was some valuable information.

A boy named Cristo shot someone. A Hispanic boy. Must watch out for him. The other killer…a girl. A….banshee?

Taryn suddenly remembered a blurry vision of a girl with pink hair and tape over her mouth from earlier.

The saying is "shrieking like a banshee". Must watch out for pink haired girl as well.

“Hey,” she said, shoving Kate lightly. “Hey. Wake up, honey.”

Taryn squinted. In the distance she saw something that looked like a building. It was the first building she’d seen so far on the island other than a little shack at the beach.
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Macha*

Post by Macha* »

((Kate Black continued from All Apologies.))

Sleeping on the floor in some brush wasn't Kate's ideal place to spend a night, but she was surprised at how easily to make-do when tired. She quickly fell asleep, and managed to sleep peacefully for a couple of hours befor-

"Morning campers, it's 00:00am here in - hah, like I'd tell you! - and that means it's time for the first announcement! Alright!"

Kate was suddenly awoken by an annoyingly high-pitched voice on what had to have been ...a radio? Kate quickly checked if she had her mp3 player in her ears, but she hadn't seen any trace of that since she had gotten on the island.

I guess it must've been taken or something.

Once the annoying woman had finally shut up, Kate felt a nudge on her shoulder. She guessed it was Taryn and quickly responded.

"I-I'm awake." Kate said, sitting up slightly and pulling down the hood of her jacket.

Kate turned around and checked if her pack was still there. She'd used it as a makeshift pillow so she wouldn't cut her head on any rocks on the ground if she turned over in her sleep. Kate breathed a sigh of relief when she unzipped it and saw nothing had been stolen. The last thing she needed was one of their packs getting stolen by someone who'd followed them from the beach, or anything. Kate took a small torch out of her bag and placed it in her jacket before zipping the bag back up and slinging it over her shoulder.

Yeah, way to go, Kate. You steal someone's bag, it's a-okay, but even the thought of someone else stealing yours is horrible.

Kate pulled her map out of her skirt pocket and unfolded it. She could see just well enough to know that where they were wasn't near anywhere the annoying woman had designated as 'danger zones.' From a little mark she made on the map before she dozed off, Kate saw they were pretty close to a place called the Holding Cells.

"Um, The map says there's a building nearby..." Kate took the torch out of her pocket and turned it on, shining it at roughly where the map had the building marked down. She could spot a building in the distance. "I-I think it's this one."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Macha.
Rocky*

Post by Rocky* »

It didn't take long for Ashlie to make it to the stone building. In the dim light of the rising sun it gave off an air of utter depression, and yet at the same time, familiarity. The pink haired girl couldn't quite place why, but every step towards her destination made her get butterflies in her stomach. Finally, the girl came to a set of doors set in the side of the building.

Ashlie took a deep breath. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she had a feeling that entering this building would be a game changer, so to speak. Whatever happened before this point didn't matter anymore. Her revelation she had made still fresh in her mind, she knew she had to follow through with it. Once she passed that door, everything would be different.

Reaching out with her blood soaked right hand, Ashlie gripped the door handle. She turned the metal knob slowly, hearing a click as the catch slid into place. This is it. she thought. The final moments of your old life. Once this door opens, the Old Ashlie Jackson is gone forever. Are you ready? Can you live with yourself after this? After what you've done? After what you plan to do? Will you be able to look at yourself in the mirror when all is said and done?

Can you kill another human being with intent?

"Yes" Ashlie whispered to herself, pulling the door open with a heave, walking into the old building.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Rocky.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Taryn nodded at Kate. She stood up and brushed herself off, then looked back to her. She had a flashlight out; Taryn didn’t think they needed more than one.

"Um, The map says there's a building nearby..."

“Okay, let’s head over there. Maybe they’ve got something better than the ground to sleep on. There might be blankets too. In any case, we might as well. I mean, what else have we got to do?”

Taryn hauled her bag up and tried to look out at the building. She looked over her shoulder at Kate. “Let’s get going. "

The girls made thier way towards the stone buildings. As they walked the sky was gradually becoming lighter. From a distance she could see that one of the doors was ajar. "It’ll be okay.”

-----------------

“It’ll be okay.”

Taryn tried to put her arm around her younger sister, Kendra. Kendra shook the arm off violently and ran down the hall.

“Kendra, wait!”

Taryn ran after the younger girl until she encountered a white door slammed shut at her face. She pounded on the door, making a nearby glass display case shake.

“Kendra! Kendra, talk to me! You can’t just run away.”

“Shut up!” was the response from behind the door. “Don’t talk to me like I’m a kid and don’t lie to me, Taryn! You can’t tell me things are going to be okay! I’m not stupid.”

“I know you’re not stupid I just-!” Taryn sighed and her hand slipped down the door. “I just wanted to comfort you.”

Taryn walked back down the hall to the games room. Her father was sitting at a desk near the billiards table.

“How’s Kenny doing?” he asked without looking up. Taryn folded her arms and looked sternly at the thin man.

“How do you think she’s doing? She’s not taking the news about mom well. But that’s pretty reasonable.” Taryn walked around to her father’s side and he gave her a kiss on the cheek, still without looking away from his papers.

“What do you think?” he asked.

“I think we should go on a trip. Just for a few days. I think it would make her feel better. Mom’s in the hospital and staying around here is only going to remind her of that. I know Emily's busy but I think it would good for her, for us, to take a trip. We hardly ever get to see you anyway. I know it would mean a lot to her. She could relax and forget about things just for a little while.”

“You think it’s a good idea? Okay, baby. If you think so, I’ll start planning.”

Taryn took her father’s face in her hand and forced him to look at her. “

“But if you do this, you have to promise we are really going to go. You can’t cancel at the last minute or send a chauffer with us or something. It has to be YOU.”

“Okay.”

“You promise?”

“I promise.”

---------------------

“…I promise.”

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
International
Macha*

Post by Macha* »

“Okay, let’s head over there. Maybe they’ve got something better than the ground to sleep on. There might be blankets too.”

"I doubt it," Kate started walking over, taking care not to trip over any branches or tree roots on the floor. "But, um, I think it's worth a shot."

Kate kept moving forwards towards the building, trying to keep her torch focused on it while checking the map, but she couldn't stop herself from shining the torch towards the darker areas of the forest. She was always expecting some giant animal to jump out or something. Kate had been fine walking through the jungle earlier when it'd been lighter, but the dark had made her paranoid.

Kate trudged along, checking every so often out of a fear that Taryn would leave her to die or shoot her in the back or something like that. It was graduly getting lighter, closer to dawn, and Kate could see well enough now that she didn't think she'd need the map any more.

"It’ll be okay ...I promise."

"O-okay," Kate said, folding up the map and putting it back in her pocket. She could clearly see the building now, and she figured it'd be good idea to put the map away so she couldn't drop it if she had to run away from anyone again. "I understand."

Kate tightened her grip on the torch as she approached the door. It was slightly ajar, Kate assumed that meant either that someone was inside, or that someone had been there recently. Still, she thought it would be best to stay safe, in-case someone like the crazy mexican the annoying woman mentioned was nearby, so she checked that Taryn was close before she opened the door.

Now... how do they do it in the movies...

Taking a deep breath and keeping herself to one side of the door, while silently motioning for Taryn to stay on the other side, she gently pushed it open with her palm.

"Hello?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Macha.
Rocky*

Post by Rocky* »

The interior of the building was in an utter state of disrepair. The stone walls gave off a feel of neglect, as if all they wanted was someone to fix them. Ashlie ran her hands along one section of the wall, sending small bits of concrete tumbling to the ground. Walking deeper into the building, everything just seemed to get more and more depressing. The thought of just turning around and leaving crossed her mind, until she heard a meek voice call out.

For once in her life, Ashlie was quiet. She thought briefly about taking the gun out of her pocket, but she knew she would be more or less useless with it. As quietly as she could, she unzipped her bag, removing the unbloodied knife. It was bad enough she was covered in blood, she didn't need anyone seeing her wielding a bloody knife. The blade fit comfortably in her hand, and while she was by no means an expert, it was much easier to use a knife than it did a gun. Of course, she always had the other weapon, just in case.

Quickly looking around her area for a place she would maybe hide, she found herself out of luck. The hallway she was in was one of the few in the building without any cells, probably leading to the offices or something. So much for that plan. The voice sounded rather hesitant, so maybe if she yelled loud enough, they would get scared and run off, which would be a desirable end for Ashlie, at least until she could find a change of clothes.

"FUCK OFF!" she yelled at the top of her lungs. "SOMEONE ELSE IS ALREADY IN HERE, WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE PEOPLE, THANK YOU!"
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Taryn cautiously peered into the dark hallway that was revealed by the open door. She stayed a step back or two from Kate just behind the door itself, just in case someone was waiting in ambush. She briefly looked down to check that her knife was still securely within the waistband of her shorts. The moments after Kate’s call were dead, heavy silence.

All of the sudden a strange noise erupted from down the length of the corridor. Taryn swayed and leaned against the stone wall for balance. For a moment she couldn’t think. She felt dizzy and it was as if her eyes were vibrating inside her head. She fell to her knees and ripped open her bag, looking for something, anything that would help.

The noise waned for a split second giving her a window in which to think.

The bread!

Taryn pulled out the loaf of bread. The noise started again and she winced, trying to work the plastic wrapping open as fast as she could. She remembered from when she was little how she and her sisters would take the insides of bread and mold it into shapes. Mostly they made circles, but every now and again they would make a half-formed horse type shape or a dog.

Taryn took two slices, ripped out the insides and started shoving them into her ears. The soft bread molded to the shape of her ear and her feelings of sickness started to subside. Taryn sighed and shakily stood up. She could still feel the vibrations around her body, but they were no longer affecting her as much now that they weren’t in her head.

“Banshee” she whispered in wonder when the noise had ended.

She took a few steps inside the hallway and motioned to Kate. To Taryn, her footsteps were muffled like all other noise. Taryn looked back over her shoulder to see if Kate was alright.

“You okay?”

Supers
International
Macha*

Post by Macha* »

Kate waited a few moments for a reply before poking her head round the corner. It was too dark to see much, but from what Kate could see there wasn't anyone inside the hallway of the building.

Suddenly, Kate heard a sound she couldn't describe. What she could describe, however, was it's effect on her. The noise went right into her head, making her eyes vibrate in their sockets and her ears ring worse than they ever had done before. She literally couldn't hear herself think. Kate lowered herself down to try and keep her balance, barely managing to stay on her feet as she did so.

Her head spinning, Kate felt a sudden pain in her stomach and started coughing like mad. She pre-emptively pulled her hair back behind her ears, just in case she was going to vomit. She didn't really want to walk around the island for however long it was gonna be before she died a horrible and violent death with her puke in her hair.

Luckily for Kate, the noise let up for a second, allowing her to take a couple of deep breaths and stop herself from spewing all over the ground. She realised that whatever making the noise was inside the building, and turned towards the door, but Taryn was already making her way inside.

Trying to keep her torch in her shaky hand, Kate quickly followed, stumbling forwards a couple of steps, but tripping over the step into the building. She clumisly tried to turn around as she fell, managing to land on her side, rather than flat on her face. It still hurt like hell, landing on the stuff in her pack and all, but Kate was glad she at least avoided faceplanting the stone floor. She really wasn't in the mood to knock out a couple of teeth to test out her power.

Kate reached out and grabbed her torch before trying to get back up. She tried to push herself up off the ground, but the noise was still affecting her balance. The ringing was gradually subsiding, though, and Kate eventually managed it.

"I..." Kate finally got back up to her feet, and put her free hand to her forehead. "I-I'm fine, I'll be fine."

Kate closed the door behind her. She noticed her torch wasn't working, and tapped it on her hand a couple of times. Kate guessed that the bottom of the torch had come loose and screwed up the bottom and pressing the button, hoping it would turn back on. Kate was relieved to find that it did, and shone it through the building, finally being able to see where she was.

"Let's go," She walked forwards, looking on the walls for a lightswitch or anything like that. "Let's go look for, um, whoever made that noise..."
Rocky*

Post by Rocky* »

Apparently whoever was out there decided to not listen to her warning, much to the annoyance of the pink-haired girl. As the footsteps and sounds got closer to her, Ashlie looked around for somewhere where she could hide. This once again heeded similar results as before, only this time she noticed a set of old, stone stairs leading up. With as much grace as the girl could muster, which wasn't much, she took off for said stairs, taking them two at a time.

Once she reached the top, she found herself in a similar hallway as before, only this time where were a couple doors on her left. Going to the first door, she was relieved to find it was unlocked. Opening the old wooden door, Ashlie found herself in a small barren office. There was a desk off to one side, and a coat hanger, but that was about it. Closing the door behind her, she stepped fully into the room.

Knowing full well that whoever had entered the building probably heard her going into deeper into the building, Ashlie finally decided to pull out her gun with her free hand. She quickly went to the desk, ducking down into the small space under it. The pink-haired girl then simply waited, gun in one hand, knife in the other, and hoped that whoever was out there decided to not look in this room. If they did, well.... things weren't going to end pretty.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Taryn pulled out her flashlight and flicked it on, pointing the beam into the dim building. It was still too early on the morning, the sun wasn’t up yet. Behind her a clattering sound caused her to turn back and see Kate had fumbled her flashlight.

“Watch your step, sweetie.”

She smiled and took hold of Kate’s hand. The two girls walked deeper into the building, the sound of pattering feet echoing down the hall.

“Someone’s running,” she whispered to Kate.

The end of the hall gave way to a large room surrounded by cells. Taryn shined her light into the small rooms. They all seemed empty.

“This place feels familiar,” she murmured.

It seemed that they were alone after all. Taryn moved her light over the floor when something caught her eye. On about the fourth step, there were little specks of something red. She walked to the stars and put her finger to the mark. It smeared.

“Fresh blood?”

It’s probably someone who’s scared and hurt. Should we bother with them? Maybe we can get more supplies. If they are already dying we might as well, if not, we could always just leave. I doubt an injured person who runs from people would attack us. Then again, the announcements mentioned a banshee who killed….

Slowly she walked up the stairs, little specks of red occasionally smeared to the stone. The flight ended in a hall of doors. She motioned for Kate to come near and set her sights on the first door. Quietly, she reached into her pack and pulled out the gun. Taryn stood to the side of the door and nodded at the other girl.

Supers
International
Macha*

Post by Macha* »

"T-Thanks..." Taryn grabbed her hand. Kate should really have expected that. Taryn had been a little bit touchy-feely with her, to say the least.

"Huh?" She heard footsteps echo along the corridor, and gripped Taryn’s hand tighter. There was definitely someone there. But why didn't they answer her before? They were running, so that meant they were scared... either scared or setting a trap. "S-Someone's here, Taryn..."

Kate tightened her grip on the torch and looked around. They'd pretty much disappeared. Could they go invisible? God, that would be scary. She doubted it though. The way things were going, what with her with her internal dental plan and the blood crystals Taryn had ended up getting.

Taryn took the lead again, letting go of Kate’s hand. Kate was quite happy following her lead, considering every time she'd walked off on her own so far she'd been attacked or hurt herself. They walked along the corridor, coming to an open door. Someone was definitely in here, all the other doors had been shut.

"Hey, T-Taryn." She said, trying to break the silence. "You, um, know that putting stuff in your ears for too long causes, um, infections, right?"

No answer. Taryn was seriously focused right now. Well, either that or the bread in her ears was drowning Kate's voice out. It didn't really matter either way. Kate didn't think Taryn would appreciate hearing what she’d just said anyway.

Kate pushed open the door and walked into the room. It was deceptively large, the building looked like it was much smaller from the outside. The room was a prison of sorts, barred cells lining the walls. Kate looked over at one of them. The side of the door had the number 11 stencilled on it. Kate checked her pack, the number matched.

Kate walked over, shining her torch inside the dingy looking cell. Had... Had she been kept in there? She took a step inside, looked down and saw it. She knew she'd forgotten something, that something important was missing. Kate knelt down and picked it up. It was a little dirty, she hadn't got around to polishing it in months, and it being on the ground hadn't helped matters, but just having it back was a relief. Sammy would've killed her if she found out she'd lost her necklace.

Kate unclipped the back of it and put it on, tucking it down underneath her hoodie, before getting back up and walking out of the cell. Taryn had walked off. Kate panicked for a moment, waving her torch into the other cells frantically, before finding her by some steps.

"D-Did they go upstairs?" She walked over. Taryn was smudging something on the steps. Then Kate realised. Blood. Whoever it was was hurt, and they had to have been hurt bad if they were bleeding everywhere. "I... hope they're okay."

Taryn said nothing, pulling out her gun and walking up the stairs. Kate hoped that it was just for show, that she wouldn't shoot someone who wasn't planning to attack them, someone who was hurt already. The first time was bad enough, and that was someone who was attacking her. Kate hoped that Taryn didn't have that side to her.

They got to the top of the stairs, Taryn on one side of the door, Kate on the other. Kate reluctantly took her knife, holding it in her free hand. When it came down to it, she needed something to protect herself, and she wasn't going to use her gun in a hurry. Taryn nodded, and Kate pushed the door open, this time not making the mistake of ducking her head round.

"H-Hello?" she shouted, "Anyone in there? W-We're, um, not here to hurt you."
Rocky*

Post by Rocky* »

Ashlie stayed in her cramped position under the desk, listening as whoever had followed her into the building somehow managed to find the room she was in. Of course, she didn't realize that in her mad dash she had reopened the cuts on her feet, and the blood was slowly oozing out of the bandages. The feeling in her feet had long since left the girl, which wasn't helping her cause much.

The door opened, and the same meek voice called out again. Ashlie decided not to say anything this time, instead waiting for them to either leave or come into the room more. If they left then great, if they didn't well... she might have to use her gun. More dead people meant she was closer to leaving, which was a prospect that more than appealed to the pink-haired girl. Now all she needed to do was wait.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Taryn took a deep breath. It hadn’t occurred to her until just now that she had stopped breathing. She leaned into the door way and had her gun pointed in front of her, finger on the trigger, just in case. Her arms were straight out and her elbows were locked as she took the first step into the room. It looked like an old office. There was a desk, a chair, some book shelves along the walls, but not much in terms of decorative touches. If one were to replace the desk with a bed and the door with bars, it wouldn’t have been much different from the cells.

The blood they had followed made a trail to the other side of the desk. Taryn swallowed hard and kept her hands steady.

What’s back there? A dead body? An injured person? Only one way for us to find out.

She took a few more steps into the room, her shoes padded softly on the concrete floor. When she was standing at the side of the desk she stopped.

Count to three. One, two,

In a flash she took one large step forward and pointed the gun under the desk. What she saw was a girl, huddled underneath the piece of furniture with no shoes and a gun.

“Pink hair…” she whispered. Her look softened just a little bit, the girl looked scared and injured. However, that didn’t mean she could be trusted, especially because she was also armed.

“You killed a boy.” The statement wasn’t angry or accusatory, simply a statement of fact.

Supers
International
Macha*

Post by Macha* »

No reply, but at least this time Kate didn't want to throw up. That was much better. Kate poked her head around the door. No one in the room, and it looked pretty much devoid of anything that Kate thought they would find useful. Of course, Kate thought that Taryn would've wanted to check the room anyway. Confirming her suspicions, Taryn quickly went into the room. Kate decided to hang back. Not because she wanted Taryn to get hurt, or anything like that. Far from it. She'd decided to check if they'd been followed.

"H-Hang on a second, Taryn." Kate looked back, but she got no response from Taryn or anyone else. Great. She swore people couldn't hear what she was saying lately.

Kate quickly descended the staircase, getting to the bottom and flicking her torch back on. She shone the torch into all of the cells. They were still all empty. Kate turned around and made her way back to the staircase. She walked up the stairs again, this time noticing the small marks of blood on each step, leading into the office. She'd assumed the bloodstain Taryn had found earlier was just a one off stain, but no.

She got to the top of the staircase and turned her torch off, shoving it back in her pack. She had a feeling that if anyone was there, having a hand free would make the difference between her living and... well, dying. Kate had been trying to avoid the thought that she was probably going to die on this island out of her head, but she couldn't help but think of how useless she would be right now without Taryn's help. She'd probably still be trying to get up that damn cliff or something.

Kate pushed open the door again, gripping the knife with her strong hand. Taryn had her gun pointed at something underneath the desk. Kate tried to make her footsteps as quiet as possible as she moved around to get a look at who or what Taryn was talking to. Taryn was probably coming off of one of her speeches about going it alone or something. Kate managed to get close enough to see just who it was Taryn had at gunpoint this time. Pink-Haired, slightly, um, curvy, feet all skanky looking. She almost looked frightened. Had she been running from them the whole time?

And then Taryn said the shocker. Apparently the girl under the desk had killed someone. Kate didn't know where she'd got the logic from, but it just didn't sit right with Kate. At all.

"She... She did?" Kate shook her head. Why would someone who was hiding underneath a desk from her of all people be a killer? There had to be a mistake. "...A-are you sure, Taryn?"

Return to “Holding Cells”