Let's Go Bowling

BACONEERS: ASSEMBLE! (Private)

The stories of the students of TV2, prior to their being cast in the game.
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Let's Go Bowling

Post by The Honeless Beard »

“Dude,” said Matt, stumbling slightly on the path, his shoulder brushing against Genni’s for the umpteenth time, “I think we’re fuckin’ lost.”

For the past ten minutes, the only sounds that had pierced the evening had been passing cars, the scrape of shoes, the steady clicking of Genni’s bike, and the excitable rambling between both parties as they professed their undying love of bacon, waffles, and waffles on bacon, including in-depth descriptions of what they were going to eat and how they were going to eat it when they finally reached the waffle house. To Matt, each step was slightly larger and shakier than it should have been; the alcohol blurring his senses to make every step jarring, a symbol crash rather than a muted drum tap.

“Man, like, what if…” Matt began, fumbling in his phone for his contact list, scrolling down until he highlighted Isaiah’s name, “what if - shh, Genni, listen. What if we passed it back there?”

He selected MESSAGE and started typing.

ICE MAN! BACON? waffle house comequick itll b efun

“I don’t recognize any of these buildings.”
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
Macha*

Post by Macha* »

“There is like, no way did we go past it. We are, like, totally going in the complete right direction,” Genevieve said, swaying from side to side as she raised her arm from the handlebars of her bicycle to point out the vague direction of where she thought the Waffle House was. “We totally go here like, all the time. It's a couple of blocks away from that super hipster bar with the red door. There's like, literally no way we could have passed it earlier.”

Genevieve, to the cars that drove past, could generously have been described as a complete mess. The world was losing focus the more she walked and the more she drank. Genevieve was stumbling over herself, occasionally tripping on the pedals of her bicycle or on things that weren't even there. Her main problem, it seemed, was that everything was just a little closer than it appeared. If she hadn't been steadying herself on her bike, she would have fallen over at least four times. It didn't help that Matt kept brushing his shoulders against her. That was happening so frequently that Genevieve was convinced he was doing it on purpose.

“We should-- we should like, y'know,” Genevieve said, eyes lighting up with another fantastic idea as Matt started texting someone on his cell phone. “We should totally invite more people, yeah.”

Genevieve reached into her coat pocket and pulled out her own cell phone, getting her four digit pin correct on her third attempt and hitting- with some effort- the icon for her contacts menu. The screen started to blur and the bright backlight was making her head spin. It took her a second to register each name.

“Uhhhhh,” she said, flicking through the list. “I can't like, invite Aimee because she always gets us kicked out of places and I think she has a thing tonight--"

She paused, trying to register the next name on her contacts.

"Dude, can Amir even eat bacon? Is that like, an allowed food thing for muslims?”

Genevieve scrolled down to the middle and found someone who was probably available and probably allowed to eat bacon. Genevieve went to the contact page for her and aimed to hit message, but ended up hitting call. Genevieve cursed under her breath and shakily put her phone up to her ear. The call quickly went to answerphone.

“Heeeeeeeeeey Lucy,” Genevieve began, slurring her words. Her tongue felt too big for her mouth. “It's Genni. I'm like, calling you because you should like, totally come to the Waffle House with me! Like, right now! It'll like, totes be the most fun thing! So like, call me back and stuff!”
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Macha.
The Honeless Beard

“Holy SHIT! I don’t like, even know!” Matt replied, briefly putting his hand on Genni’s shoulder in shock before dropping it again.

As she dialled someone up, he grinned, reaching into his own phone to fumble for Amir’s number, the abused screen flickering slightly as his thumb pressed too hard.

“Lucy! You should totally come out!” he shouted, loud enough that an angry glare of an older man, dressed in a red dress shirt and a stetson, focused on the pair, framed by a box window. Matt gave him a cheery wave with his open phone, and watched with some inebriated satisfaction when the curtain flickered closed.

“Genevieve, man,” he said, turning to her, “we pissed off John Wayne, dude. We-”

But he was cut off.

By the beautiful, glorious sign of the Waffle House, the neon red and white shimmering across the street of the intersection they were standing on. The golden hues of the fluorescent lamps, lighting the interior of the small diner, stretched like the rays of heaven, pleasing the eyeballs and tempting the senses. Smears of black and brown on the windows made a delightful mosaic, promising greasy bacon, stacks of waffles, and torn, duct-taped pleather seats. Struck by the splendor of this majestic, desirable institution, Matt let his eyes slide closed, swaying slightly as the Waffle House seemed to speak into his ear.

Feast, friend. For you are hungry.

“Genni,” he breathed, “we’re here.”
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Isaiah was at home relaxing on the sofa when his phone went off. He was tempted to ignore it until he saw Matt's name. He sighed and opened the text. He raised his eyebrows as he read it. Matt was either in a hurry which at the time of night was unlikely, or he was drunk.

Drunk Matt was hilarious so it took Isaiah all of a minute to decide that he was going out.

In hindsight Isaiah should have put some better clothes on but Matt was drunk so who cared. Plus they were meeting at Waffle House which was...well Waffle House.

He'd been walking with his music in for a little while when he got within sight of the Waffle House. It didn't take him long to find Matt, who was with a girl...that was interesting. Isaiah grinned as he approached them. The way they were swaying threatened to make him burst out laughing. There was drunk and then there was what they were. It was like the times when Suzanne got home wasted.

He sped up his pace to reach them before they went in. He regretted not drinking something before he left the house but at least this way he could get pictures and remember everything that happened, so as to mock Matt with later.

"Got the munchies or something?"
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Espi »

Lucy, funnily enough, had just been on her way home from another party when she checked her voice messages and found an inebriated call from Genni and Matt. Lucy herself was...not exactly wasted, though she didn't have much tolerance being as small as she was. She was tipsy, yeah. So Waffle House sounded good, she liked waffles and bacon. She giggled, sent a return reply agreeing and got moving.

LATER, AT WAFFLE HOUSE

"Heeey, guys!" Lucy trilled as she walked with relative grace into the Waffle House. Waffle House was her guilty pleasure, and she ate her probably more than was healthy. She spotted Genni and Matt and that guy from the mall the other day, Isaac? Isaiah, right. "How are y'all!" She giggled flirtatiously. "What're we all doing here?"
Macha*

Post by Macha* »

“Heck yeah! I told you we were going the right way!” Genevieve shouted, punching the air in drunken triumph. In the space of an evening, Genevieve had cycled across town to go to a crazy girl's party, gotten drunk on the crazy girl's porch without ever attending said party, fled to Waffle House, drunk-dialled someone, and pissed off John Wayne's ghost. Genevieve was certainly making her way down the checklist of poor life decisions.

When it finally began to sink in that they had reached their destination, her eyes widened and her voice dropped to an exaggerated stage whisper. Their holy pilgrimage to the House of the Latter-Day Waffles was complete.

“It's more beautiful than I ever imagined,” she exhaled, and mimed wiping tears from her eyes.

Genevieve propped her bicycle up against a streetlight in the parking lot and stumbled towards the restaurant, wincing from the harsh glare of the neon sign. There was a dull throbbing in her temples and Genevieve felt like she was burning up. Everything was itchy. When Genevieve became aware that she was walking into a restaurant that she very much enjoyed eating at while sober and was hesitant to get banned from, she made a conscious effort to appear as not-underaged-drunk as possible. Genevieve folded her arms, stood perfectly upright and carefully deliberated each step as she made her way into the Waffle House.

Opening the door with some effort, Genevieve walked past the concerned glares of the diners and propped herself up against one of the stools by the counter as she waited for the others to arrive. Genevieve shakily reached for her phone and checked her messages. No replies. She sighed and checked the time on her phone to see if it was late enough in the evening that she could get away with ordering something from the breakfast menu. The waiter ascertained that it was not. Genevieve frowned, dejected.

Lucy and Isaiah were the first two to show up. Genevieve pushed herself off the stool and took a few shaky steps away from the counter as she scanned the restaurant for signs of the rest of the people she and Matt had invited. Genevieve had lost track of the number of texts and phone calls they had made, and had no idea how many people would end up showing up. It would be a fun surprise.

“Luuuuuuuucy!” Genevieve said, staggering towards the girl with her arms outstretched, attempting to pull the girl into a hug. She turned her head awkwardly. “Oh, hi Isaiah.”
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Macha.
The Honeless Beard

If he were put under oath, Matt probably would have admitted to being a little disappointed that Isaiah and Lucy actually had shown up. Not because he didn’t love hanging out with the two, but because this made his nudging in regards to Genni slightly awkward with an audience. That, and he had ‘Stay the Night’ - some obscure song from 2013 - stuck in his head on repeat whenever he brushed shoulders with the young woman.

Still, he turned to face Matt, dusting off his pants as he reached out to give him large, too-hard pats on both shoulders.

He meant to say hello immediately, but instead a bar of the song burst out, scatted a little over-loudly and definitely slightly off key. Grinning at his companion, with his hands still on Isaiah’s shoulders, he nodded and winked, his head tilted in Genni’s direction.

Hey Ice-bro! Man, don’t… you know? Let’s uh-”

As they went in, Matt steering Isaiah awkwardly with both hands on the other boy’s shoulders, Genni inquired about the breakfast menu. Another dozen steps and Lucy arrived, trilling something so loudly that Matt flinched.

“Lucy! great to see ya. Sit, sit, sit. We’re having something with bacon - I believe bacon was the plan.”

He released Isaiah to wave at Lucy, his fingers nearly clipping Isaiah on the nose. “Yo, dude, did you guys walk here?”
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:

SOTF SC V2:

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
Namira

Post by Namira »

The text message from Matt was barely intelligible. Amir squinted at it. Sometimes texts were beyond the help of even autocorrect, it seemed. He could make out 'bacon', 'waffle house' and 'GENNNNI', with some vague approximations of an invitation, a night out? He put the phone down, glanced over to his desk, which was covered with a sprawl of papers organised in such a way that only Amir would be able to figure out what was where.

Wellll... he'd worked enough for tonight, had everything he needed to do in hand. It was, of course, his honour bound duty to record the antics of the blindingly drunk for posterity.

Yyyyyyup.

Amir found his camcorder, checked its battery and memory, and then slipped it into his jacket pocket. Bulky and bulging, but just about fitting.

He texted back as he left the house:

"Don't destroy anything before I get there."

-

Fortunately, there was only one waffle house that wasn't a lot further away from city centre than Amir trusted drunk people to navigate to. He hoped they were there and hadn't changed their mind and wound up with a craving for kebabs or something. It wasn't a long walk, thankfully. He hated walking.

"All right, now for a glimpse at the rare animal; drunken classmate," Amir muttered to himself as he drew up outside - a burst of more-than lively greetings gave him a pretty good indication that this was the right place.

He slipped inside and... whoa okay it WAS a party after all.

"Greetings, oh hunters of waffles."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Isaiah was the only sober one. Matt has basically smashed his shoulders and was saying something about bacon. Genni staggered past him to give Lucy a hug...Lucy was also drunk.

"Yo." Isaiah said waving his hand in a way that encompassed everyone. Not one of those stupid side to side waves people did but just one movement from left to right like someone who was cool and calm and hadn't shown up to a party of drunk people sober. Matt was incredibly drunk though, so was Genni and Lucy was heading the same way. He could work with all of that.

He was distracted from Lucy and Genni by Matt trying to drunkenly explain something to him through the language of slurred mumbling, nudges, winks and with some head tilts towards a specific girl for good measure. Isaiah was translating it into something roughly along the lines of "I'm trying to get with Genni." He raised an eyebrow but before he could do anything else Matt was forcefully pushing him into the Waffle House.

Isaiah pulled his head back as Matt noticed Lucy for the first and almost took his nose off trying to wave to her. Lucy's arrival did make Isaiah wish he had put some better clothes on but she seemed to be drunk enough not to care. He dropped into a seat if only to keep Matt from throwing him into one and reclined into the corner not evening trying to hide his grin at the state of his companions.

"Yeah I walked here man. Need to keep in shape. Don't get this body without putting in work."

Amir was the next person who walked in and Isaiah only really knew of him through others but hey he was in the Waffle House now so it looked like they'd be chilling together. Surrounded by drunk people.
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Espi »

Lucy was happy. This was fun, there were fun people here. Genni was fun and drunk, Isaiah seemed nice enough from her talks with him. Matt wasn't super-fun but he was having a good time. That was important, having a good time.

Genni wrapped her in an attempt of hugging, and Lucy responded in kind.

"Oh my gosh, hey Amir!" Lucy called out as he came in. Amir was cool, Lucy liked him. "We're having bacon!"
The Honeless Beard

Matt began to laugh at Isaiah’s comment - probably far harder than he would’ve otherwise. He was dimly aware of this fact and sobered extremely quickly, his face curling into a frown and his eyes squinting up at the Ice man as he nodded.

Was that pit always in his stomach?

“You godda bod like a rock, dude. Bro, man, listen - don’ even worry. I’ll drive us home - or ged my mom to. She’s real-”

But nobody would ever find out what Matt’s mom was in his opinion, because the words were lost in a sudden torrent of bile that rained from his lips to the right leg of Isaiah’s pants.

“Ohoho shiiit,” Matt groaned, pitching forward slightly and this time managing to splatter on the tile floor instead of one of the other human beings.

It was a quick reaction that was like moving through water as Matt straightened - the shock on those assembled’s faces, the outrage of the few customers inhabiting the place, the abuse that was growled in a foreign language as a huge, tattooed man rounded the counter, a spatula in his meaty grasp.

The story would’ve been much better had Matt stepped forwards, accepted the punishment, and tried to save face in the eyes of his peers as opposed to just pivoting to run away. Hell, it would’ve been way better had he managed to not step in the puddle of chunky vomit coalescing on that checkered tile. It would’ve even been acceptable had his foot not slid on it when trying to run, causing him to fall into his own bad decisions and soaking his nice, pretty clothes.

But reality sucks, so Matt tried to run, stepped in the leftover alcohol and grilled cheese his stomach had ejected, fell so that his jeans and shirt were stained a mild orange and vaguely smelled of mothballs, and scrambled to his feet.

The last thing the diner heard, alongside the jingle of the closing bell, was a howl from down the street.

”MY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.”

((Drunky McBoozer continued elsewhere))
SOTF TV V3
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:

SOTF SC V2:

SOTF TV V3

International:

Supers
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Matt started laughing a lot at Isaiah's comment and then immediately stopped. That would've been the alcohol messing with how he reacted to things. Isaiah could only laugh himself. Matt was ridiculously drunk. Then again everyone but Isaiah and Amir seemed to be ridiculously drunk, even Lucy who had come from a different party was more than a little drunk. Isaiah felt like he'd missed a trick in not chugging one or two beers before heading out, but at the same time Matt had given him no warning at all.

Matt started saying something about Isaiah's body and getting a lift home off his mom or something?

Isaiah's thoughts were thrown off though when Matt threw up all over his leg. He shot to his feet as Matt continued to puke all over the floor. Isaiah was beyond pissed.

"What the fuck!" He growled as he looked at his leg to assess how bad it was. His leg was now orange, that was some bullshit. Matt slipped over before running out of the waffle house. If it was anyone else Isaiah would've chased them down and kicked their ass, but it was Matt and Matt was his best friend, so he could get a pass. Isaiah would still be pissed at him, but he was saved from the ass kicking.

Now Isaiah was left with a pissed off vaguely Eastern European looking motherfucker who was swearing up a storm in whatever foreign language he spoke. Isaiah for his part just tried to keep his cool and raised his hands to placate the chef. "I'm going, motherfucker, chill."

Isaiah skirted around the pool of vomit Matt had left behind and could distinctly feel the wetness of the puke that was on his leg as he moved to the door.

"Later guys." He said as he pushed the door open. "If anyone sees Matt, tell him I'm going to kill him." With that Isaiah walked out onto the street shaking his head and swearing under his breath.

((Isaiah Hall continued elsewhere...))

Return to “TV2 Sandbox”