Prologue And Announcements

The first version of Discord Of The Fittest, known now as V0.
SOTF: Discord

Prologue And Announcements

Post by SOTF: Discord »

[+] Prologue
Staff wrote:Prologue:
Suddenly a bunch of teenagers awoke in a room.
"Hello, my name is Victor Danya." A man in a nice suit said. Next to him was a chair with another man tied to it. Most students knew this man as Mr. Smith, their teacher for art and geology.
"Please have a look at this." Danya spoke. Then he shoot the teacher in the head. "Now that you see I am serious, let me explain: you will awake on an island with random weapons and collars that explode if you defy me. You are to fight to the death until only one person is left alive. The winner gets to go home."
Then some gas hit and everyone fell asleep again.

Yes, I know, this is the bare minimum of a prologue. But as I said, this is all just a test of the SOTF-Discord-concept.

[+] The First Announcement
Staff wrote: The First Announcement

Danya's office, Day One, 8:55 PM

„.. and that's how the trial run goes so far.

„To be honest, I am pretty satisfied with how the kids are doing. Sure, some are still hesitant and have yet to even interact with others, but I am certain they will eventually come around. Plus some of the more active ones show exactly the kind of potential we are looking for.

„Yes, I know.

„...

„Honey, its going to be time for my first announcement soon. I can't promise when, but I will call you once I have time. Please tell Amora daddy loves her and is going to be back soon, so she has to endure the takeout food only a little bit longer.

„Love you, hun.“ With that, Victor Danya ended the call with his wife.

Almost instantly, a creepy shift occured.

His until then relaxed posture got stiff. All happiness evaporated from his face. His entire body language became more cruel and serious.

Danya was back in working-mode.

And there was a lot of work to do. While his position would have allowed him to lean back and only read through the reports of his crew, he had demanded a whole wall of TVs to be installed in his office, allowing him to follow almost all contestants at the same time. Seeing how the supervision guys were splitting up the work, he was most likely the only person watching the whole game unfold.

And he would remain the only one to ever watch the whole game. Because unlike what they planned in the future, this test run would not be broadcasted anywhere. The fate of the seniors from New York's Cory Baleson High (plus a few kids from other schools that had been thrown in to mix things up) would remain a mystery, only known to the AT and the survivor of the game. And odds were that no one would beliver the latter. At least not until the real first game started. This secret-keeping gave them a lot of wiggle room to try out concepts for the game. However, it also meant there would be no fanfictions, which was a real letdown in Danya's eyes.

But this were all things he could worry about later. Right now, he had an announcement to do.
Undisclosed location, Day One, 9 PM

As the day neared its end, all of the speakers around the island suddenly came to life with a crack. It didn't take long until the voice of Victor Danya became audible to everyone still breathing.

„Greetings, contestants.

„This is the first of many announcements I will do every 12 hours to bring you up-to-date on a few things. What I have to say is quite crucial, so I highly recommend all of you to stop whatever you are doing right now and listen up.

„So far, most of you punks still seem hesitant to join the fray. So let me tell you a bit about the ones of you who have done better than you, as well as their victims:
Bob A. Fett decided that living is for chumps, so he removed what little brain he had with the gun we gave him. Well, on the good side, the gun landed in the hands of someone who might actually use it for its intended purpose.

„Not long after this drop-out we had the first actual kill when Whitney Avery Tyler decided that this island was too small for two people named Avery, so she made sure that Tyler Avery Whitney's participation in our game came to a quick end. To be honest, I am glad one of the two dropped so quickly. Having to differentiate between them would have been a pain.

Duncan Clay appeared to be eager to play our game, but in the end he only proved that having the superior weapon means crap when you don't pay attention to your surroundings. Nigel Sullivan used the opportunity, and the bonus-damage for sneak-attacks did the rest.

Tad Livingston tried a similar stunt but found out that his victim wasn't that easy to kill. However, eventually Adrian Carver ended up with a screwdriver in the head anyway.

„ A while later, Whitney Avery Tyler made history as the first double-killer our game ever had when she ensured Chloe Harper wouldn't get to see another day.

„But not everyone was so successful. Jonathan Vanhorne, for example, managed to remove himself from the equation by stumbling and falling to his death.

„After all this stabbing and smashing, Abel Mannings finally put one of the firearms we handed out to good use on someone else by shooting Alexis Williams, proving that you are never save on this island, no matter where you are.

„Finally, a cautionary tale: if you go to the beach, you will find a corpse that has been stabbed in the back and neck. This is Marty Freeman. Marty turned his back to Whitney Avery Tyler despite knowing about her earlier actions. Don't be like Marty.“
After this, there is a short pause. The sound of paper being put aside could be heard.

„So much to the casualties. As you see, a good number of you are playing our game. If you thought all of you would survive by refusing to play, I am not sorry to tell you that this is very unlikely to happen.

„And even if such a situation were to occur, we could just start blowing you up one after another until the survivors change their mind. Never forget that all of you are wearing bombs around your necks and that I have the red button.

„And I might use it very soon. Because you see we don't want you to hang around at the same spot all the time. That's why each announcement I will declare one or more places of the island to be Danger Zones. If you are in a Danger Zone for longer than five minutes, your collar will explode. If the area you are in during the announcement becomes a Danger Zone, you are given 30 minutes to pack up and leave.

„And for the next 12 hours, The Mountains are going to be such a Danger Zone. We already lost one punk by accident, and in the darkness of the night, we might lose more. But if you were looking forward to some climbing, don't worry: in the next announcement, I will re-open the mountains and create some new Danger Zones elsewhere.

"I would like to finish this announcement with some good news, at least for one of you. We from the Arthro Taskforce decided to hand out a prize for our favourite kill of the day, to give hopeful individuals an edge and inspire indecisive ones to give their best as well. There was a voting and the winner turned out to be none other than Nigel Sullivan. The prize is in front of the cabin in the mountains. Don't worry about the Danger Zone, we will make an exemption for you so you can pick up and enjoy your award without any interruption. You have four hours to collect your prize, which includes a fresh meal and a brand-new weapon. After that the Danger Zone will apply to you as well.

„And that brings us to the end of the first announcement. I am enjoying our little game so far and I hope you do the same. Those of you who manage to not get killed during the next night will get to hear my voice again at nine AM tomorrow. Look forward to it.“

Then, a clicking noise signals the end of the announcement, leaving the students to their own devices once more.
Staff wrote:Weather on Night 1

After the sunny day, the night cools down a lot. Around midnight, a cold wind starts blowing through any open fields, which makes finding shelter even more important. Thankfully, the coldest place of the island - the mountains - has been closed off anyways. Also the deeper parts of the forest are too thick for the wind to do much damage.

Furthermore, there are absolutely no clouds, allowing a free look at the beautifull sky filled with stars.

The second announcement will arrive on Day 2, 9 AM.

[+] The Second Announcement
Staff wrote:
The Second Announcement

The Kitchen of the AT, Day Two, 7:30 AM

„So what are we going to do about the lobster?“ Elijah Rice finally asked to break the uncomfortable silence created by three terrorists staring at an empty table.

„Nothing.“ Shannon McLocke answered. „The lobster is fucking gone.“

„I can't believe someone left the goddamn cage and the exit to the ocean open on accident. What a coincidence.“ Angelina Kaige made little effort to hide her sarcasm. She hoped that Donald was happy about Mr. Pinchy's survival, because that would be his only reason to be happy when Kaige got to him.

„Well, it doesn't matter in the end.“ McLocke decided to move the conversation to the important point. „Right now, we have another issue: with the lobster gone, what are we going to do about the goddamn BKA we are supposed to deliver in half an hour?“

„Maybe we just say what happened and there won't be a meal this time?“ Rice proposed.

„No way. Danya would cut out our vocal chords and throw us onto the island.“ McLocke declared.

„I don't think he would mess with the game in such a big scope just to punish-“

„Just shut up, you two.“ Kaige interrupted her two colleagues. „Rice, you once said your mother taught you how to cook, right?“

„Well, only some basic stuff.“

„It will have to do. Just make us something that passes as edible.“
Undisclosed location, Day Two, 9 AM

For the second time, all speakers on the island came to live and Danya's voice spoke to the students.

„Greetings, contestants. This is your wake-up call, hitting exactly at nine in the morning.

„I hope you slept well. I surely did.“ A small chuckle was audible. „But now let's take a look at the punks less fortunate than you.

„We start with a death that was too late to make it on the first announcement: Claude Sanders attempted to teach Yalli Meredith Tass how to swim, but he was a little bit too enthusiastic about the diving lessons, so I fear she is not going to make it to the olympics. What a tragedy.

„It didn't take long after my first announcement that Anya Schrader made her entrance on the list of killers when she stabbed Samuel Denver in the throat. And that was the last thing she did before swimming out into the ocean and becoming one with the sea.

Eduardo Salinas decided to top this pointless demise with an even more pointless one by shooting the collar we explicitely told you has explosives in it. I trust you can guess how that turned out for him.

„Later last night, Samuel Vail was struck down by a bullet from Amy Carlson. Nice shot, Miss Carlson. If this really was as accidental as it looked like, I look forward to see what you are able to pull off when you actually have the intention to kill.

„Did you know that we gave each one of you a flashlight? Good, because Ashley Lee showed what happens when you don't by falling and fatally hitting her head in the dark.

„Thankfully, we got another actual murder when Hearne Fischer proved himself a creative fellow when he caught Ingrid Wilde in a trap he build himself. Unfortunately, the latter one wasn't given much time to appreciate the effort before her hunter finished his work.

„And to end the streak of violence, Seth Kent brought together a group of like-minded peers, found a way to disable the collars and successfully escaped the island! Or at least that were his big plans. Too bad he shoot himself in the leg and bled out before even getting past step one.“

An almost visible sigh could be heard over the loudspeakers.

„Over half of the casualties were either suicides or accidents. It appears you punks need to pick up your game a little. In order to help you guys out, I hereby declare The City and The Factory to be Danger Zones for the next 12 hours. We didn't abduct you so you could stay inside like you do at home. Touch some grass, dammit!

„The only exception to this is Amy Carlson, who has won the second Best Kill Award. Please visit the market place in the middle of the city to pick up your new weapon and-“

Suddenly, Danya interrupted himself. The sounds of papers being shuffled around could be heard.

„Elijah Rice's homemade cheese-pancakes with a glass of milk? I don't remember seeing this on the list of rewards, so how in the-?

„Whatever, it will have to do. Just make sure to not idle too long in the area after finishing your meal, or we might have to blow you up.

„That ends this announcement. I wish all of you happy slaughter and good luck.“

With this, the speaker became silent once more.
Weather on Day 2

The cold winds that were prevailing over the night are gone, and the air is humid. However, clouds are now everywhere and the atmosphere makes it clear rain will shown come down on everyone on the island. The rain will set in at around 7 PM and start light, but will slowly get stronger.

The third announcement will arrive on 9 PM of the second day.

[+] The Third Announcement
Staff wrote: The Third Announcement

Meeting Room of the AT's secret base, Day 2, 8:30 PM

„Do you see the way G003 falls? It is clear B015 shot her and not B023!“

„Pretty sure G003 died from the bullet that hits her a in the lung. Therefore, this point goes to G005!“

„G005 had a bigger caliber, this bullet can't come from her.“

„Then it has to be B020. He stands in the right position.“

„This is absolutely impossible. He doesn't even have a firearm.“

The voices of a dozen people had filled the room for the last two hours, and it didn't seem like it would stop anytime soon. Instead the discussion got more heated.

„So let's just assume that G005 had the right bullet to do this shot. How do you explain her facing in a slightly different direction when the bullet hits G003?“

„The cameras aren't exactly synchronized. One recording could lack one or two seconds behind in comparison to the other.“

„Damn, we really should have gotten better cameras then!“

„Take this complain to the tech guys.“

„SHUT UP, EVERYONE!“

Jim Greynold's fist slammed down on the table, silencing the entire room.

„So,“ he spoke. „Why don't we just look at what the data tells us before making theories?“

„We don't have enough data to be sure.“ Sonia Nguyen replied. „That's why we can only make educated guesses-“

„Educated guesses are not enough.“ Greynolds shook his head. „In order for the game to reach the conclusion we want, it needs to be as fair as possible. Which means we can't lie to the students unless necessary. Especially when it comes to who of them killed who.“

„So what is your idea then?“ Melvin Carter asked. „We tell them we don't know?“

For a moment, the room was silent.

„What?“ Carter got nervous, thinking he had made a big mistake.

„I believe this is the best solution.“ Greynolds suddenly said. „Since we can't be sure, being honest about being in the dark would be the best. Better to say nothing than to say something wrong.“

A few others voices approved of this. Everyone was tired of arguing.

Everyone seemed happy until the moment Steven Wilson brought up the next big issue.

„So who is going to tell Danya?“
Undisclosed Location, Day Two, 9 PM

For two hours, light rain had set in over the island.

As the attentive ones among the student were already expecting at this point, the speakers came to live once more exactly at 9 PM. What they didn't expect was Danya sounding... annoyed?

„Good evening, everyone. Or rather, everyone who is still around.“

Danya made a pause that was slightly longer than his usual ones.

„Let's start with saying that you guys really took my advice from the morning to heart. We got a lot more unnatural demises this time around. But as you will find out, not many of the ones responsible for the blood shed are listening right now.

„Trying to make friends is a nice thing to do, but one should try to consider if the situation is fitting for such an action. Akiko Sakaki surely didn't when she approached Flora Katsura. Her price? A pitchfork to the chest.

„Meanwhile, two of our more promising contestants took each other out: Hearne Fischer impaled Whitney Avery Tyler on a hook, but not before the latter managed to set him on fire. That are two deaths for the price of one.“

While announcing the deaths, Danya's voice sounded less enthusiastic than the last two times.

„Remember how Eduardo Salinas blew up? Well, Ava Grae wanted to see the handiwork of our technicians for herself, so she tampered with Harriet Kownacki's collar until it went boom.

„It wasn't long after that Donnie Thornberry picked a fight with Abel Manning that he really should have walked away from. Here is a tipp: Never bring a frizbee to a gun fight. Or a knife fight. Or any other fight, really. Frizbees are shitty weapons.“

Suddenly, Danya let out a sigh. The following words were spoken through gritted teeth.
„And now we come to the main event.

„A bunch of you ran into each other, resulting in a big mexican standoff that exploded into a bloody fight with many casualties. That would be good normally. Unfortunately, they were a little bit too effective in hitting each other, so we have no clue who killed who. I would like to apologize for this.

„The people whose killers can't be determined are Stanislava Ionescu, Scotty D'nnough, Ava Grae, Amy Carlson and Dixon Cider.

Abel Manning was the sole survivor of the fight, but then he got himself into a but with Horace McGillicutty that saw the two killing each other.“

A moment of silence came out of the speaker.

„In other words, apart from Miss Katsura, every single person who killed someone during the last twelfe hours is dead.

„This is kind of a letdown, not gonna lie.“

Suddenly, his voice cheered up.

„After all, how am I supposed to congratulate you guys for your good work when you die before I can talk to you?“

And with that, Danya was back to his normal cheerful tone.

„So make sure you don't end up like the people I just mentioned. This punks died because they didn't try hard enough. You should try better. Especially since there are not that many left of you.

„And since there are not that many left of you, we have quite a good number of Danger Zones for you so you can't spread out and evade trouble much longer. The previous zones are cleared, but from now on, you better stay out of The Cave, The Swamp, The Southern Beach and The Mansion.

„And unlike the other Danger Zones, this ones are permanent! From now on, we will close off the island bit by bit. So before you are leaving, make sure to pick up everything that seems useful. You won't be able to get back until the end of our game. Just make sure to vacate the areas in the next thirty minutes or I will have some more stupid deaths to report in the morning.
„Oh, and as you might have guessed via process of elimination, the award for the best kill this time goes to Flora Katsura. Please head to the entrance of the Cave to collect a new weapon and a warm meal.

„I will see the ones of you who make it through the night in twelve hours. A parting hint: seek shelter. That rain won't stop any time soon.“

With that, the speakers became silent once more.

Weather for Night 2

The rain will get stronger and keep on until around 3 AM. Then it will lessen and completely stop around 4 AM. Thankfully, shelter can be found in many places, such as the buildings or some deeper parts of the forest and garden.

Thanks to the rain, the river will have a high tide and become more dangerous. Swimming in it during the rain will most likely result in death via drowning or getting flooded into the ocean. The mountains are even more dangerous.

The fourth announcement will arrive on 9 AM of the third day.

[+] Fluff for Fourth Announcement
Staff wrote: Break Room of the AT's secret base, Night 2, 0:30 AM

Parker was bored.

One would think that being part of an up-and-coming terrorist organization would involve some action. Nada. All they did was sitting around and taking turns watching a bunch of kiddies massacring each other. He almost regretted deserting the army. Taking so many orders from shitheads had sucked, but at least he had gotten to do something.

His colleagues seemed to think the same. Right now, they were all in the break room, having been awoken around midnight. In half an hour, the four of them would get to watch the cams again.

“Does anyone even know what this place was in the first place?”

This question was yet another pathetic attempt from Bax to break the silence. As usual Parker was just annoyed, so he gave a “No clue” as an answer and looked at the other two members of his team.

Larson was busy writing shitty poetry in his notebook, like he always did. But thankfully, Richards was there to keep the conversation alive.

“I heard some of the higher-ups talking about it.” The bearded man said while inhaling some cigarette smoke before exhaling it, hitting the defunct ventilator on the ceiling.

“Apparently somewhere during the Eighties the big eagle decided to create some hiding places. Just in case the cold war would get a little bit too hot for them. This island with its vast cave system seemed perfect. They secretly set this whole thing up, turned the caves into a base, build a few entries all over the surface and even paid some people to build a factory with a small town for cover. Not sure how involved the islanders were or if they even knew what was under their feet.

“Anyway, some years pass and the cold war fizzles out. So what to do with this base? Well, nothing? They just packed their stuff and left. The factory died too, and some rich assholes build a mansion that they didn't even use.”
Richards let out a chuckle.

“Point is, no one cares about it, so we took it.”

Bax seemed happy with this answer. Larson had probably not even listened.

Parker was intrigued.

“So you are claiming the amis build this?” He throw his hands up. “Sorry, but that theory's donkeypoop. No way they would leave a base like this alone. They would have bombed this place just to make sure. Or made something useful. Stored some nuclear shit in it.” He bonked his fist against the table. “They would have not just leave this shit up for grabs.”

“So then who do you think created this place?” Richards replied.

“Fuck-who.” Parker shrugged. “As long as they don't interfere in what we are doing, it doesn't matter who laid the floors down here.”

“If you say so.” Richards took another breath of his cigarette. Then he was silent.

Parker knew that he could count on those three once it came down to a fight. But when it came to socializing? Not so much.

He found himself desiring the familiar recoil of his Remington 870. It had been nine months since he had last shoot it.

In retrospect, this might have been a foolish desire.
[+] The Incident
Staff wrote: The Incident

Monitor Room of the AT's secret base, Night 2, 1:41 AM

As he had expected, the night shift had turned out to be a total snore-fest for Parker and the others.

Day shift sucked too, but at least stuff happened. But at night and in this weather, the surviving kids were mostly sleeping in whatever shelter they could find. Which left Parker, Richards, Larson and Bax with half a dozen of sleeping kids to watch.

Or at least almost.

“Looks like the Gang of Fools is coming back together.” Richards spoke with a bored tone to no one in particular. Parker didn't react, Bax was half-asleep and Larson had been gone to the toilet ten minutes ago. His experience told him that they wouldn't see him for at least ten more minutes.

But even if he didn't reply, Parker leaned forward in his seat and focused on the monitors of the city, showing three figures approaching the hardware store. This was the group called “The Gang of Fools” by the terrorists. A bunch of kiddies thinking they could outwit the adults watching every step by running around and collecting different pieces of trash. What a joke. But seeing them now caught Parker's interest.

After all, there was money on the line for him.

Larson had betted two grand that the group would implode due to infighting. Bax had offered the same amount for the group getting detonated while tampering with their collars. Richards had been the lame-ass refusing to bet. And Parker had thrown three grand in the betting pool declaring the five would get picked off one by one. And so far, it had appeared that he would be the one to take the whole pot home.

Which was why the words of B011 spoke to the other three infuriated him.

"We, uh, don't have everything we need. We can't escape."

What the fuck had this kid expected his allies to bring him? Blueprints of the collars? Special tools for defusing bombs? Of course the AT had swiped through the island to make sure such things weren't there!

Parker could already hear Larson arguing why “giving up” was just a different version of “imploding” and Bax declaring that everyone should get their money back. It wasn't even that Parker was hurting for money. But this and a few other bets had been the closest thing to entertainment for him during the last 37 hours. And of course it had to end because those losers couldn't even commit to their foolishness.
With an annoyed sigh, he rolled back a bit with his office chair. The four teens were now doing some shitty interior decoration, but he had lost interest in their antics. Instead he watched the various other camera feeds of sleeping people and rain. Reminded him of home in some way.

BEEP!

The sudden mechanic noise made Parker almost jump. It also woke Bax up from his nap.

“W-what? Who died?” The sleepyhead asked.

Parker looked at the part of the computer setup that consisted of about fifty lights with names for each one. He quickly saw which one had gone from green to red.

“It's Boy 11?”

The three men looked at the screen with confusion. There they saw absolutely nothing, because the barricade the Gang of Fools had built was blocking all cameras inside the store.

With another beeping noise, the light of G002 turned red.

“Did they-?” Richards began.

“Shhh.” Parker went closer to the speakers. This made him hear some hushed voices and a fizzling sound, probably electrical in nature.

By the time the life-signs of B003 went out, the penny fell and Parker's face turned into a mask of terror.

“Blow them! Right now!”

Bax was the closest to the red buttons, and his response was to look confused, apparently still not fully awake. Richards was faster and rushed to the controls.

Just in time for the fourth beep to confirm that B006's collar had gone dead as well.

Silence reigned for a few seconds while everyone stared at the screen, where the newly deceased students now emerged from the barricade and smashed the cameras one by one until the terrorists became blind to the inside of the store.

“They did it, didn't they?”

Parker didn't answer. Or rather, he couldn't. Because in this moment, a new sound filled the room.

A telephone close to the door started ringing.

Richards looked at Bax. Bax looked at Parker. Parker looked at Richards.

No one wanted to answer.

Because everyone knew who was on the other side of the line.
[+] The Fourth Announcement
Staff wrote: Undisclosed Location, Day Three, 9 AM

For the fourth time, the speakers came to live.

However, this time it was not all of them. With about half of the island closed off via Danger Zones, the terrorists saw no reason to broadcast Danya everywhere. Only the non-DZed locations got to hear this announcement.

„Good Morning, Ladies and Gentlemen.“ Danya's voice sounded as cheerful as ever.

„This is the fourth announcement, and it will most likely be the second-to-last. 48 hours have passed since our little game started, and you guys are close to the finish line. Good work.

„Now let's get to the details of all the things that went bump last night, shall we?
„The first four deaths are leftovers from yesterday that got overshadowed by the big massacre. Sorry for that. It started with Evan Ridley doing a nice little Robin Hood impression by shooting a few arrows in Cosima Love.

„Not long after that, Tad Livingston took care of Grayson Émile. However, Grayson proved rebellious and managed to fatally wound both his murderer and the not-so-innocent bystander Bill Tremble.

„Now onto the nightly demises.

„Remember how I warned you about making sure to vacate the new Danger Zones? Well, Douglas Wilson-Horne and Benton Prager refused to listen and paid dearly. On the bright side, we now have confirmation that our Danger Zones work accordingly, so their sacrifices were not in vain.

„When a robbery went awry, Ottla Redding got the short end of the stick in the form of Rose Everest shooting her with a blade. Yes, I know this sounds stupid, but trust me, it makes sense in context.

„Speaking about Rose Everest, she had a pleasant talk with Claude Sanders. At least until the moment when Claude shot her in the head. Don't worry, Mister Sanders, I have heard of worse first dates.“
There was a pause.

Saying that Danya was unhappy with what came next would have been like saying that maybe the AT was committing one or two crimes with their game. He had expected a few complications during the test-run, but this incident had proven they still had a lot of work to do before the proper first version of SOTF could be broadcasted around the globe.

He also didn't like mentioning this incident to the students. But not mentioning might raise questions as to what happened to the students involved. So they had to give them some sort of closure, even if they left out a bunch of important information.

„It seems that some of you simply refuse to listen. Brody Paxton, Monica Reed, Ahn Phan Phuc and Nigel Sullivan tried to remove their collars, and as a result all of them are no longer with us. Please don't repeat their mistake. We have clearly shown you the only way out of this game is to win, so any other action will just get you killed.

„So much to the deaths. Now onto the Danger Zones.
„We are closing the Mountain Range, the Cabin and the Northern Beach. So if you are at any of these places, get yourself moving.

„Also we couldn't settle on a winner for the Best Kill Award, so you guys will have to do without it. Don't worry, at this point nearly everyone of you has a firearm. And if not, there are a whole lot of armed corpses lying around in the forest.

„Right now there are only seven left of you. Once there are only four or less, something we call endgame will begin. This means that I will make a special announcement in which the whole island except for one location will become a Danger Zone, saving you guys the need to search for each other. This announcement can hit anytime, so be prepared.

„That is all.“

With this curt goodbye, the speakers made one last click and became silent once more.
Weather for Day 3

The island is still wet from the hard rain that came down during the night. In stark contrast to that, the sky is blue and clear of any clouds. The climate is warm, but not too humid. If it weren't for the horrors that happened so far and the stench of the many corpses lying everywhere, one could actually enjoy it.

The fifth announcement will be the one to start endgame. Therefore it will hit once the number of students has been cut down to 4, whenever that might be.
Staff Note: The fluff-section for the Fourth Announcement took place hours before the actual announcement and introduced a few new characters related to the escape attempt done by the Intrepid Five. Later on, a special bit of fluff called The Incident was posted to show the terrorists' reaction to the escape attempt. This scene happened between the announcement-fluff and the announcement.
For easier reading, the three scenes are archived in chronological order.

Return to “V0 Archive”