RC's V8 Character Shack

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Sh4dE

RC's V8 Character Shack

Post by Sh4dE »

[+] Spike Havighurst
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=268 (with some updates)
is into hardcore, punk and metal. Goes to the gym regularly and is into bodybuilding. Goes to festivals. Could be part of a band.
Looking for: metal heads, gym buddies, book buddies, festival buddies.
[+] Janice Cresner
athletic, competitive. Into street ball and economics. career-focused. plays the violin. geocaches in her free time
Looking for: athlete friends, business friends
[+] Quentin Skinner
gamer, weeb, stoner. Into speedrunning, cooking. "fan of the 80s" who loves "vaporwave" and "watching movies"
Looking for: manga/anime friends, gamer friends, cooking friends, stoner connections
[+] Calvin Rawls
chess player, volleyball player. cocky, overconfident, attention whore, big ego, likes to dominate others
[+] Drake Byers
bully. chemistry genius. stone cold, selfish. bullies classmates, doesn't get along with people. maybe part of a gang
EDIT: Note - I thought about it and if you pitch me great storylines, I might consider doing pregame only characters. So I made up my mind
EDIT EDIT: added placeholder names to make planning easier
EDIT EDIT EDIT: gave the placeholder names real names
EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: removed character d
EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: rewrote things properly
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

then, I also have a bully. chemistry genius who is stone cold, arrogant and a bully. causes trouble, probably has beef with your character. If there's a gang or a bully gang, he's part of it.
Ty looms ominously in the distance.

(I have the fighty Ty this time around. She's a buff cheerleader who has a bit of a bully-hunter side.)
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Character C: Ren’s a cook

Character D: Isaiah’s into parties and veganism.

Character F: I’m fine with beef.

Not sure about storylines yet, I’ll think about it.
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Hey RC! Here's a list of vague feelings directed at your vague concepts.
  • Character A: Amaryllis' band at the moment is full, but Char. A could certainly be a fan or someone who could fill in in a pinch. Maybe they've been to a concert together and embarked on some late night hijinks.
  • Character B: I've got a lot of athletes and former athletes and sort of athletes this time. Amaryllis, Mai, Coda, and Eugene might be aware of Char. B.
  • Character C: A few of my characters smoke weed, but this character feels most like a fit for Eugene's interest w/r/t gaming and cooking. Getting blitzed, making some food, playing some games; the most chill hangout sessions of all time. Coda might also be a hanger on with Char C, since they like weed too.
  • Character D: Got a few partiers, like Coda, Eugene used to party but not so much anymore, and Amaryllis also parties.
  • Character E: Chess? Nerd. Amaryllis dislikes nerds.
  • Character F: Let's just say beefs with all the characters since I'm not doing any bullies this version and leave it at that.
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Spike:
- Marshall West at least know Spike if they both regularly spend time at the gym.

Quentin:
- Molly Ramirez would work as an acquantance with Quentin, as she’s also into the games, though she’s more chill than a speedrunner would be regarding playing them.

Drake:
- Roberta Pyne would either drastically clash with Drake or get along with him. Bad-tempered, likes breaking things, doesn’t get along with people and might also gravitate towards a gang if one existed.
- Marshall would clash with Drake. He takes issue with bullying.
Irredeemable

Post by Irredeemable »

Got some relationships with Max to share:

Skinner's dealer? Maybe? Definitely a dealer, that much is for certain, so there's likely overlap even if Max doesn't regularly partake with any stoner group skinner's in.

Calvin and Drake: Both seem like they'd bully the shit out of Max.
All the world's a stage, all the men and women, merely players.
[+] V8, The Irredeemable Menace

Max McKormicK:"What do you call a kid with one eye? Sick of your shit."

Benji Beecham:"It's weird... Apparently people who call you a snowflake get really offended when you don't identify the way they think you should?"

Jessica Lee-Smith:"It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm sure we'll get along great!"
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

If Janice plays streetball she would know Darryl as the only basketball he plays is streetball.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”