Song Contest #70 - Home

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Ruggahissy

Song Contest #70 - Home

Post by Ruggahissy »

Contest #70 - Home

Welcome to the 70th song contest. For this contest, as we head into the holiday season soon [scare chord] I thought it might be nice to do the first step: go home. Invite us to your homes, won't you?

Disclaimer: This can be literally about your home (city, state, country etc), it can be where you grew up or where you live now (wherever you consider to be home!) or it can just be the vibe you associate with going home or have the feeling of being comfortable and cozy.

Signups will run for 2 days

House guests:
1. Fen
2. Ricky
3. Rugga
4. Paige
5. BurnItUp
6. MagicallySnug
7. Laurels
8. Pippi
9. Poly
10. Blizz
11. Boogie
12. Chad
13. Jilly
14. Brackie
15. Ohm
16. Kermit
17. Skraal
18. Mara
19. Zetsu
20. DN
21. Irene
22. Toben
23. Pan
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

In!
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

In please.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

me i submit song
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

alright count me in
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

In.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

HOME IS WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT I GUESS IM ALREADY THERE
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese
Michael Froese - The story of an identity; the story of a matador; the story of a liar; the story of a junkie; the story of a very special frog; the story of a jackal; the story of an oscillator; the story of a ghost; the story of the death of an author; the story of a bunch of other stuff.

THREADS!

PREGAME: Mad world - This...this felt nice. - Michael was incredibly disappointed in himself for actually agreeing to go do something with Beryl. - He wasn't actually all that sorry. - Part of him was worried his real motivation wasn't self-torturing altruism but instead the fact that it was one of the few things that still made him feel.

ISLAND:
Michael and all of his friends were going to be footnotes in a history textbook. - he was folding in on himself like a four-dimensional object in three-dimensional space - Everything was about pain, fear, and love. - "Gave them our reactions, our explosions, all that was ours; For graphs of passion, and charts of stars." - He had a duty to look into someone's eyes as he killed them. - Closure really did sound like nothing at all. - "I wish we were lovers, but it's for the best." - Michael Froese the award-winning murderer. That was who he was now. - "I wanted to lose myself." - "Good and bad, all roads lead to Rome and I just, it hurts too much to be a good person." - "Somewhere out there in the deep blue sea, there's this whale." - "...It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else." - "The neighbors, they adored him for his humor and his conversation. Look underneath the house there, find the few living things, rotting fast in their sleep; oh, the dead," - He gave her a big hug. He buried his head in her shoulder, feeling her cold, spongy, rubbery skin against his forehead. She had no eyes. She had no face. Something had eaten her face. - Michael Froese was a crazy person with a gun. - Validation. - "You don't live in a goddamned movie." - "I miss what it's like to be, like, actually alone." - "Market data inconsistent. Cantor API problem. Trading system offline," - Michael didn't want this. It wasn't like that'd stop him. - "I'm wide awake, it's morning." - He was a spree killer now, he supposed. - When he gave his word, he was giving nothing. - The fact they even existed was being politicized. - "BERYL FUCKING MAHELONA. TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO BERYL MAHELONA," - 'Am I gray?' - A beach covered in unidentified decedents. - He'd never felt anything unconditionally. - "Look around you, you're surrounded.
It won't get any better. And so, goodnight."
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic
The story of a (failed) revolutionary.

THREADS!

PREGAME: August 12th, 2017 - The explosive sound of metal hitting metal

ISLAND:
She turned away. Everything from here on out was for the terrorists to see. - "All of us, we have the chance to actually do something with our lives." - The students were the shark in the box. - Complacency was festering like a tumour. - "She's right. It won't - it won't change anything," - Scraped into the wall, in neatly-styled lettering, the words "If they won't live in peace, then they'll die for peace." - Val needed a gun, - "I do not care for violence without a point," she stated. "My gun is not loaded." - "Juliette, I'm sure you already know this, but you really should take pains to be careful around people who speak only in enthymemes." - "Someone once said, 'Change must come with the barrel of a gun', and they were not wrong." - Two explosions.
destroy the UN08/03/2019
Micheal experienced super position wherein he was both Beryl and he was Beryl's RP site quote. He was sure he could be happy about this but he no longer knew what happiness meant.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

In!
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

ROUND ONE

House guests:
1. Zetsu
2. DN
3. BurnItUp
4. Irene
5. Ricky
6. Kermit
7. MagicallySnug
8. Brackie
9. Ohm
10. Poly
11. Boogie
12. Mara

1. U Mass by The Pixies
2. Body by Julia Jacklin
3. Neste sommer by deLillos
4. Supernothing by Catch 22
5. The Upper Peninsula by Sufjan Stevens
6. I Know A Place by Muna
7. O Son Do Ar by Luar na Lubre
8. Home by LCD Soundsystem
9. Nobela by Beloved Abe
10. Favorite Things by Anna
11. No Glamour in the Hammer by Whitehorse
12. Home Again by Blackmore’s Night

The rules are as per usual. Vote if you are in this round or you will be disqualified. If you are not in this round you may vote as a member of the public. Vote for your favorite song giving your top song 12, the next, 10, then after that 8, then from there the standard numerical order. Have fun. Listen to music.

BE BACK HERE WITH YOUR VOTES BY NOVEMBER 7 AT 11 PM PACIFIC TIME
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Round one over!

[+] Homeward Bound
12. Favorite Things by Anna submitted by Zetsu. It received 30 points including a 12,

11. Mass U by The Pixies submitted by MagicallySnug. It received 33 points.

10. Supernothing by Catch 22 submitted by Poly. It received 35.5 points, including an 8.

Next round up in the morning
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

ROUND 2

House Guests

1. Skraal
2. Laurels
3. Toben
4. Chad
5. Jilly
6. Fen
7. Paige
8. Pan
9. Blizz
10. Pippi
11. Rugga

1. Songbird by Fleetwood Mac
2. Fire at Midnight by Jethro Tull
3. Take It To Da House by Trick Daddy Feat. Trina and the SNS Express
4. 海になれたら (Umi ni Naretara) by Verandah
5. Fairytale of New York by The Porgues
6. Fill My Little World by The Feeling
7. The Recipe by Kendrick Lamar
8. The Toronto Song by Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie
9. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
10. Since '84 by Mac Dre
11. Here’s to Coming Out by Chloe Ho

Same rules as last time. You'll have until November 12 at 11 pm Pacific time to turn in your votes. Now get listening and don't eat everything in the fridge.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

It is time for some to head out.

[+] Hitting the dusty trail

11. The Toronto Song by Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie, submitted by Skraal. It received 43 points.

10. Songbird by Fleetwood Mac, submitted by Laurels. It received 46.5 points including an 8.

9. Fill My Little World by The Feeling, submitted by Pippi. It received 52.5 points including two 8s (one from me, so it's extra shiny)
Last round up soon!
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

TIME

TO

GET

COMMMFFYYY

House guests

1. Paige
2. Jilly
3. Toben
4. Blizz
5. Chad
6. Kermit
7. Ohm
8. BurnItUp
9. Ricky
10. DN
11. Brackie
12. Mara
13. Irene
14. Rugga
15. Boogie
16. Fen
17. Pan

1. The Upper Peninsula by Sufjan Stevens
2. Home Again by Blackmore’s Night
3. Take It To Da House by Trick Daddy Feat. Trina and the SNS Express
4. Body by Julia Jacklin
5. I Know A Place by Muna
6. O Son Do Ar by Luar na Lubre
7. Here’s to Coming Out by Chloe Ho
8. Fire at Midnight by Jethro Tull
9. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
10. Nobela by Beloved Abe
11. No Glamour in the Hammer by Whitehorse
12. The Recipe by Kendrick Lamar
13. Neste sommer by deLillos
14. 海になれたら (Umi ni Naretara) by Verandah
15. Fairytale of New York by The Porgues
16. Since '84 by Mac Dre
17. Home by LCD Soundsystem

For rules, refer to the rules at the bottom of the round 1 post. You will have until November 17 at 11 pm pacific time to get me votes. Now go find a cozy nook.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Round extended to Nov 18 at noon pacific time!
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

LET'S GO HOME

But first
[+] DQ
Take it to Da House by Trick Daddy Feat. Trina and the SNS Express submitted by Chad. It received 23 points
Now on to the results. Fluff your pillow and get a hot beverage
[+] 16 through 14

16. Since '84 by Mac Dre submitted by Pan. It received 9 points.

15. Neste sommer by deLillos submitted by Ohm. It received 30 points, including a 10.

14. Fire at Midnight by Jethro Tull submitted by Toben. It received 36 points, including an 8 and a 10

Return to “Song Contests”