D&D Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

aw man now we have to wait until morning :(

im fine w/ that plan @ toben
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
randomness

Post by randomness »

Toben's plan sounds good.

Also, Vote: Zetsu. Doing this on the off chance Ricky is town leaving me unable to respond, just so we don't have a harder time doing this. Did a count, and I should be the only vote on Zetsu right now, so it feels reasonably safe doing this.
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

I mean I'd assume not @people who've died votes counting

Also action received.

The DM is checking the magic item table. Please be patient. The day phase will resume after this.
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Part of the investigation had moved to the outskirts of town, this time on the borders of the forest. A group of the adventurers headed towards a glade tainted by the Shadowfell. Among them was the Warlock - none knew who their patron was, exactly. They couldn't be sure of his allegiance, but there was no evidence to implicate him. The death of an innocent over a mistake still weighed on the investigators.

But clearly, it didn't sit well with someone.

As the adventurers backed away to the edges of the tainted glade to discuss what they'd found, an arrow flew from somewhere in the trees, and shot the Warlock through the heart.

Later, investigations revealed the arrow to be an Arrow of Truth, an enchanted arrow that would only harm the wicked, and had dire consequences for trying to use it to harm an innocent.

And even more investigation revealed more and more of the Warlock's ties to the cults' activities.

Shot:

MK Kilmarnock - Warlock, Shadow Cult Ninja

The day phase will now resume.
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Suggestion @paige: You can do the coinflip thing too, actually! This makes it even harder for fen to get lucky if they're scum--50% to 25%. Flavor cop doesn't feel particularly useful as a role, as there's little reason for anyone to lie about role anyways.

Assuming two scum left after Ricky dies, and assuming scum kill every night, we'd have 3 lynches left. If there's one scum left after Ricky dies, we get four lynches.

So!

Living Players:

Deamon
Paige
Jace
Boogie
Fenris
Zetsu
MW
Deco
Randomness

I'm town, Murder and boogie are about as close to confirmed town as you can get from my perspective, Paige is almost there, and random isn't far behind them (if random's scum and scum has a one-shot daykill (which, given how stacked town are, doesn't seem that far off the charts), shooting their scumbuddy to become confirmed town *could* theoretically be a thing that they do, but I'm gonna ignore that possibility for being kinda ridiculous. I reserve the rights to be like 'i totally called it' if they're doing that, though). That leaves Dea, Jace, Fen, Decoy. We can't *quite* afford to lynch at random from that pool.

Anyways.

A - Fen does not correctly identify that you visited/didn't visit me.

Possible scenarios: Fen is scum.

B - Fen correctly identifies things.

B1 - I die, fen identifies the killer.

Possible Scenarios: Fen's either town, scum watcher, or some other scum role that got pretty damn lucky. If the last result, using Toben's checking strat should catch them out eventually. The former two, unfortunately, can't really be differentiated from each other by power roles. At least we lock up their action in something that's of no utility to scum, though. Also, if Fen's scum and rats out my killer, they still won't be able to work through our townblock.

B2 - I die, Fen doesn't identify the killer.

Possible Scenarios: Fen's scum, or scum has a ninja role--OH NEVERMIND LOL. Okay, Fen would have zero excuse if I died and they couldn't identify the killer. Good.

B3 - I don't die. Yippee.

Possible scenarios: Same as B1.

This was all written before the Ninja flip. Barring someone coming forth and claiming tracker or counterclaiming watcher, I'd say fen looks soft-confirmed as town now.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

More thoughts: I'm still inclined to say that Toben should still use his checking strategy to verify fen, since I can't think of anything else to use his role for. Ditto Paige, unless you have an alternative use for your power that you want to do--don't tell me or anyone if that's what you're doing. Doing something else and not stating so until tomorrow means that you can also fulfill your watcher-verifying role simultaneously.

If scum don't kill fenris and then kill me, they probably have a gunless (shadow-magic-less) member. That or they think I'm not gonna investigate them.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

it's likely decoy and jace
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

I mean, probably. Ricky claimed paladin and he’s a warlock, so.

Would the real paladin please stand up please

We have two days left, I’d like us at l-1 by tomorrow morning. Say your pieces and vote, yall.
randomness

Post by randomness »

First up, Unvote.

My previous reads still hold right now I think. People in order of suspiciousness:
Decoy
Jace
Deamon
Fenris
Paige
The rest are basically town-confirmed for me.

I definitely, definitely want claims from Decoy and Jace.

Verifying Fen is a good idea, but I do have a quibble with your outlines Zetsu, because I think they break down a little if scum has redirection abilities or a roleblock, but given how much information town has, as well as the ninja flip, I wouldn't be surprised if they did have something up their sleeve.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Unvote

Vote: Decoy

Ricky coming up Ninja makes me very inclined to trust Fen's claim for now. That makes Decoy or Jace left as the only ones left without plausible alibis, and while I don't think we'll get much out of pressure due to RL circumstances we don't have other good directions to turn so on short notice this is our lunch imo
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

what can i say except lmao hell yeah

vote: decoy
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Never play mafia with a migraine. It makes you lose all sorts of focus.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

MK Kilmarnock wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:04 pm Never play mafia with a migraine. It makes you lose all sorts of focus.
:pensive:
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

@random good point, completely forgot to factor that in. Dunno if it changes my thoughts on what we should do this night phase, let me think on that.

also @mod can we get a votecount, pwease?
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

hello im mod. not really but yknow

unofficial vote count:

decoy: 3 (Zetsu, Paige, boogie)

and thats it since toben's vote is still on ricky i think but he dead

also

VOTE: decoy

that puts us at L-2
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]

Return to “Mafia”