In Some Places This Would Be Called A Dirty Santa Songtest? That's Wild Anyway Let's Do It Again

Or like a white elephant or a yankee swap wtf are we doing out here y'all

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Time to share all the musical love.

With one person, but hey.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

I guess I'll give this a try
[+] V6
G019 Serena Waters
The Past:
Island:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Meanwhile:
B037 William "Will" McKinley
Image(Adopted from Dannyrulx)
Dannyrulx:
Memories:
1-2
Pregame:
1-2
Sadie Hawkins Dance:
1-2
Island:
1-2
Adoption:
3-4-5-6-7-8
[+] V7
B026 Sean Leibowitz
Image Image
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
B071 Sal Bonaventura (Adopted from Skraal)
Skraal:
1-2-3-4-5
Adoption:
6-7-8-9
B085 Brandon Murphy (adopted from Rattlesnake)
1-2-3
Buko

Post by Buko »

I dislike all of your musical taste and doubt any of you can give me a gift I like.

I only sign up to sing song tests because I like my music, I hate all of y’all’s.

Whatever, I’m in.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

goddamnit

(do not send me baroness or i will give you no points and kill you)
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Right, here I guess.
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

You sons of bitches I'm in
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Endellion

Post by Endellion »

Been a while since I was in a songtest. Sign me up.
Espi

Post by Espi »

I have had little success in previous santests but I also tended to really like the songs from them so I'm down for a third go
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

All recipients have been sent out. There will be three days or so for songs, submissions are due by 11 PM EST 4/19/2020. If they come in early we'll start early. Good luck!
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Gather round the tree cuz it's time for our first recipients to open their gifts! There will be two rounds this time, one of twelve and one of thirteen. In no particular order we have:

Emprexx Plush
Blizzardeyedwonder
DMBoogie
Fenris
Jilly
Ruggahissy
TLOA
Yugikun
Maraoone
Jace
Murderweasel
Laurels

and our round 1 songs, also in no particular order:

1. Dance Of The Seven Veils - Liz Phair (For Maraoone)

2. Captain Ward - Tempest (For Kilmarnock)

3. Mother - Danzig (For Ohm)

4. 中庭の少女たち - SHISHAMO (For Jilly)

5. Wild Side - Ali (For Endellion)

6. Cult Of Dionysus - The Orion Experience (For Shiola)

7. Voices In The Dark - Ramirez (For Emprexx Plush)

8. Ghost - Nakala (For Somersault)

9. Play Destroy - Poppy ft. Grimes (For Brackie)

10. One More Day - Lydia (For Yugikun)

11. The Rush - JJ Wilde (For Deamon)

12. FAKE!FAKE!FAKE! - Fake Type (For Fenris)

Sing along if you know the words: Everyone involved in this round MUST vote or be eliminated. Your vote can be sent by board PM or discord, either is fine by me. you cannot vote for your own song. Public Votes(votes if you aren't in this round or in the contest at all) will be counted at half points.

IMPORTANT REMINDER FOR THIS CONTEST: If you like the song picked for you, send me a PM endorsing it! Endorsed songs get their highest received score doubled, e.g. if it receives a 12 then its endorsement bonus will be a 12, if its highest received score is a five then its endorsement bonus will be 5, etc. etc.. Endorsements in the semi-finals will carry over into the finals. If we get to the finals and your song has grown on you, feel free to endorse it then if you haven't already. If you want it to get points this round though, you must endorse it before the round ends.

Endorsements and Votes are due by 11 PM EST 4/22/2020.

No extensions will be granted barring extenuating circumstances. I'll be giving regular reminders in chat and in this thread.

For our newcomers and those that need a refresher, voting is by Eurovision rules. you'll be sending your top 10 songs in as follows:

12- Song Name
10- Song Name
8- ...
7- ...
6- ...
5- ...
4- ...
3- ...
2- ...
1- ...

with 12 being your favorite song, 10 being your second favorite, and so on. Good luck!
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Aaaaand that's time let's get to it
[+] Clearly over the 20 dollar Limit
In 12th Place is Mother - Danziig, submitted by Jace for Ohm.. It received 51 points, including two 8s, and was endorsed.

In 11th Place is Voices In The Dark - Ramirez, submitted by Ruggahissy for Emprexx Plush. It received 53 points, including one 10, and was endorsed.

In 10th Place is Captain Ward - TTempest, submitted by Murderweasel for MK Kilmarnock. It received 62 points, including two 8s, and was endorsed.

In 9th place is One More Day - Lydia, submitted by DMBoogie for Yugikun. It received 63 points, including one 8, and was endorsed.
[+] Threading the needle on some very risky gag gifts
Dance Of The Seven Veils - Liz Phair (For Maraoone)

中庭の少女たち - SHISHAMO (For Jilly)

Wild Side - Ali (For Endellion)

Cult Of Dionysus - The Orion Experience (For Shiola)

Ghost - Nakala (For Somersault)

Play Destroy - Poppy ft. Grimes (For Brackie)

The Rush - JJ Wilde (For Deamon)

FAKE!FAKE!FAKE! - Fake Type (For Fenris)
Round 2 will begin shortly!
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters

Return to “Song Contests”