XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

also, i too wish to attempt a readlist before we go

@boogie: since Blizz is AWOL, go ahead and answer that question for me re:
me tossing boogie's question back at him wrote: do you think it's more likely that yugi or zetsu is scum fakeclaiming VT? neither? both?
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

sorry for triple post but uh that first post in this post chain was directed at mw
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

UNVOTE

Let my failure to even imagine that tactic speak to my current level of coherence and mental capability.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Zetsu wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:20 am do you think it's more likely that yugi or zetsu is scum fakeclaiming VT? neither? both?
[/quote]

my feelings at the moment:

zetsu's general play is townie as hell, and considering that her claim changed the tides from slam (townie) to jace (another townie) it's not like she was protecting a scum buddy. i don't think most scum would become the center of attention to save a rando townie like that

yugi's play hasn't been as solid as zetsu's imo but the dripfeeding of the trooper + his claim to try and save Jace would both be kind of baffling for scum to pull?

at the moment think both zetsu and yugi are telling the truth. they arent confirmed obviously, but i'd rather look for scum anywhere else.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Okay, here we go:

Townish:

-Zetsu: Her play, her claim, and the progress of the game to date make me strongly doubt she's scum. There is one edge, outside case I can see where she took an extremely gutsy chance based on scum knowledge to get effectively confirmed, but it's so far in the outfield and would be so perfectly executed I wouldn't even be mad, just impressed.

-Yugi: Yugi's claim is actually better than Zetsu's, coming as it did when there was less info on the table and with less to gain for him by making it. His play is still kinda weird, but the flips contextualize it a lot. It's not as townish as Zetsu's, but everything adds up to a darn town-looking Yugi.

Trends Town:

-Blizzard: Blizzard's play thus far has just felt quietly town to me. Every time she comes up, she's acting in ways that make sense to me from a town perspective. I'm not incredibly experienced with her style (I'm... actually not sure if we've played together before?) but I like what I've seen. Especially in comparison to some of what other corners have to offer.

-MS: MS' engagement, when it's been there, has either been good, on-point, townish stuff or else hilariously half-baked cramming-the-night-before-the-presentation-then-winging-it. This is not a scum mix, in my experience. I think I've poked at this in detail a couple times.

Trends Down:

-Goose: Goose is tough for me, especially because he often surges into prominence lategame and I usually get whacked before then (and subsequently stop reading the thread ><). He's starting to come active more, but has kinda missed some points/questions put his way. On the one hand, doesn't look great. On the other, lacks scummy preoccupation with defending himself I guess? Way less towny than those above, and I wanna dig in more next phase (but also Zetsu's leading the charge here so I'm not too worried about it not happening).

-Ricky: Ricky's hard for me to read at times, but the flips today tanked him somewhat because they wrecked one of my pet theories (that his lack of fervor for shoving me and propensity towards weird side issues was due to building a cop case and not wanting to overstep/feed confusing info into the mix). He has absolutely done some setup that can chain in tricky ways, and has dragged me further into the game as a scapegoat before IIRC... (though that can be playing with fire 'cause sometimes it gets you in the suspect tier!)

>:C

-Boogie: There's for sure a world where Boogie could be town. Specifics of the flip will do a lot to steer me one way or the other here. I do like his drive today, and I like that it came even before the A-ha! moment, but... it's not enough to totally clear things up. I'm not saying we drop a majority on him the second next phase opens, certainly... just there's a whole lot here to prompt caution.

-Irina: We've been over this one. At length.

It's not the most detailed ever but it's what I've got and I'm definitely not gonna be here before deadline tomorrow (except stopping in once or twice before the witching hour lands). Thus, setting the order of things back in place:

VOTE: Irina
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Uhhhh, so we're at one to lynch, right? Who wants to hammer, because I don't think I can self-hammer before the time runs out? Anyways, I'm trying to do a readlist anyways so I'd prefer not to self hammer anyways : P

Imma try and get one last lynch infopost up before I get lynched because I know what I am, and I know I'm getting lynched so might as well make the most of it
Currently not in anything!
[+] The Future
Annalise Meyer - Self-Assured Introvert
Robin Wang - Belligerent Socialite
Brittany O'Doyle - Recovering Pollyanna
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Actually screw it, I don't have the brains to do a readslist, I'm too tired and I just want to be done with it. The only thing I'm wondering is MW? He's been driving today's phase quite a lot, and I'm not sure if he's driving scum, or driving town, which considering he's considered such a big force of discussion usually, I uhh, think it's a bit dangerous. Would I like to see Toben or Boogie lynched? Eh. Boogie reads more town to me then MW, but he doesn't really have the same content as MW (no offense, sorry). Personally, I don't think MW will survive the night, but if he does, then I'm not sure about him being next is a good idea, Ricky. Once I flip town, Toben will obviously be in the hotseat, and if he's town, then that's what scum would like. On another note, I'm actually not really seeing your read on Blizz, MW. Her posts are quiet, even if non of them are particularly scummy at all.
[+] The Future
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

That's all contingent on him being town. And your words are only really worth listening to if you flip town. But IF you flip town, and depending on what your role actually is, I might consider it. Because if Toben IS town (loathe as I am to say anything like this, I'm REALLY hesitant about him being this late in the game- seriously, you don't know him like I do, and almost every game we play together where he's town he's dead by night 2, take it from my veteran experience here), killing him will be shooting ourselves in the foot. And that's a pretty big fucking IF but I admit there are safer bets where we can potentially hit scum and keep a loud voice in the game.

Like I said, I'll consider it.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Ey Dea when do phase end?
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

is there anything left for anyone to say

i know we have less than a day, and probably significantly less than that, someone should just hammer
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

yeah I don't really think there's much point in delaying this

VOTE: Irina
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

i was putting a reads list together :/
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

don’t worry I promise not to night kill you
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

:thinking:
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

No talking after hammer much? Anyways, good luck town, you're going to need it after my flip
[+] The Future

Return to “Mafia”