Please Refrain

The upper wilderness is much like the lower wilderness. It is made up of a thick collection of tropical trees and borders a more developed aspect of the island, the rice paddies rather than the village in this instance. Some of the main differences are that the vegetation is much thicker, there are no paths, and the land begins to slope up the island. These features all combine to make the upper wilderness much more treacherous to navigate. The upper wilderness is also home to populations of monkeys, parrots and goats descended from those originally kept in the menagerie.

Thread Limit: 2
Namira

Please Refrain

Post by Namira »

((Garnet Barnes continues from I Came In The Name Of The Dead, To Bring My Neck To The Blade))

Stop me if you've heard this one before.

Garnet Barnes sits with her back against her tree and her head in her hands, crying.

The announcements speak of death and more death. Garnet learns of the dead and more dead, and the killers to go with them.

She cries because she doesn't know what else to do, because she's tried anger and she's tried lashing out and that only made her feel better for a short while. It doesn't change that Cheri's dead and Rhonda's dead and Emil's dead and Erika killed and Quinn killed and Blaise killed.

What's she supposed to do about that? She punched Marco and she can't convince herself he didn't deserve it but she can't convince herself that it was anything worthwhile and even it perhaps had been, that it couldn't have been something without her becoming a whole lot more violent than she was⁠—capable of?⁠—willing to be?

She can't prove Marco right, but she can't just sit here and let this happen.

But for now she's letting the tears flow because that's what she has to give, because her friends and her none friends deserve the grief.

((Garnet continued in There Is No Passion, There Is Serenity)).

And she lost her fucking hat.

Return to “Upper Wilderness”