Everlasting

Day 4 (before and now after the announcement) (Open!!)

The woods themselves are still lush and green, with copious amounts of vegetation. Due to all the foot travel over the years, paths are still present even as the ferns start to grow. Despite this, it is still easy to get lost if one was to venture off the path as the woods are quite densely packed.

Thread Limit: 3
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Declyn's shoulders sank visibly.

He removed the foil from the alcohol pad, putting one aside for himself while staring at Jonathan's back, his foot wiggling restlessly. In the end, this was going to be Jonathan's decision. So if he really wanted to go off on his own, then there was nothing much that Declyn could possibly do.

"I know it's impossible, but I wish everyone could gather together in peace and just talk? It’s stupid. Though, would they really kill all of us if nothing happens after a while? What would be the point of that?" The question sent a shiver over his skin, one that made him want to pull it back. His leg started to shake more and he touched it with his free hand, rubbing it.

"I know somewhere, in another world, we're all happy and eating ice cream," he said more light-heartedly. He put his hand on Jon’s shoulder firmly and stretched his neck back. Then he started to clean his wound.
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan really did wish that it could be as simple as Declyn wanted. Everyone just gets together as a big group and then they all could just talk like the silly, idiotic teenagers that they were. Even the kids that Jonathan didn't like; he would have preferred to see them laughing and smiling like everyone else. Just being normal without the murdering involved and ignoring the fact that they had been kidnapped by terrorists. He wished that he could pretend to have that reality hidden inside of himself somewhere. But he couldn't pretend, not anymore. But for Declyn's sake....

Jonathan felt his body shivering slightly and he was trying to make himself relax as Declyn was taking care of him, trying to focus on a tree that was not that far from him in his blurry-ish sight. "If only t-things could be that simple. Declyn. There are a lot of people who want to kill to go back home or they just do it for fun or for blood thirst. I think there are other people who would agree with you on wanting everyone to be peaceful. But..." Jonathan bite down on his lip a bit as Declyn touched a sensitive spot on his head and the boy felt himself flinch. "A-ah... Ow, owww... I don't think they would kill all of us, maybe a few people to make us panic and then we would do what they want us to do. Sorry, if this sounds so negative and despairing, Declyn. I'm... I'm just facing our r-reality."

He coughed softly, putting a hand over his mouth and he started to wonder if he was getting a bit ill. This was going to be a bad thing if he was.

"..Ha, h-ha. I would like that world. And the ice cream." He said with a small smile that he knew that Declyn couldn't see.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

"I mean it. Just think about it."

Declyn was obviously aware of all the things that Jonathan had just said. He wasn't denying any of it. Believing everything was an illusion made you delusional. Emotions were part of you. One was made with it. Denying it and thinking it is was your mind, was denying your existence. And yet it was simple human nature. It could go all kinds of ways.

He applied some aloe gel around Jonathan's wound with the tip of his finger. There was still some blood oozing out but it was much easier to look at now that it was clean. With a tight grip on the flashlight, he pressed the sterile dressing against it, wondering if he should wrap a bandage around his head for the night.

"Also, I was uhm, wondering... Why did you kiss me?"
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

The collars were the biggest problem for all of them and Jonathan wasn't sure what they could even do about them. Because even if he found a way to get the collar off; the terrorists were more likely to blow their heads off and then that would be the end of that. Jonathan guessed that he had to cross anything about the collars off of his list of things to do about and he just had to focus on a different goal.

Declyn was now wrapping the bandages around his head as best as he could and Jonathan felt a lump in his throat as Declyn was asking that dreaded question that he didn't want to think about. His mind hadn't been thinking straight as he had done the kiss and he didn't want to come off as a jerk for why he did it. Declyn was definitely a more kinder person than he was and Jonathan didn't want Declyn to think that he was a crazy fool. Maybe the head injury was making him lose it a bit. Who knows...?

"Uh, w-well...."

Jonathan let out a soft sigh, feeling his eyes casting down to the muddy, grassy ground in front of him.

"The kiss.... I was thinking that it was my last chance to do it. I-I know, I know that it sounds dumb.... It felt nice.... Like a bit of comfort. I didn't mean anything by it. Declyn, I...."

He couldn't even say that he was sorry for what he did. How pathetic was he?
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

The bandage looked ... acceptable.

It should be enough to let the wound heal properly without worrying about it. There was already more than enough to worry about after all. Jonathan's reply was pretty much what Declyn had expected since that was what the kiss had felt like. But he wanted to hear it anyway.

He put the flashlight down, now taking some time to take care of his own small cuts on his arms.

"Hey, it's okay," he said once he noticed Jonathan stumbling over his words. "I understand. Like, I would have probably slapped you if that happened at home, but here…. Your brain switches to a different mind set. In varying degrees." He flinched at the burning sensation on his arm and stood up with some difficulty. It seemed like sleeping here was the best option.

"Comfort is suddenly rare."
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Mmm, yeah. This place can really mess with your head after some time and well, I guess our minds will either adapt to this situation or we will remain in denial." Jonathan said simply as he reach up to gently touch the bandages around his head and then he glanced over at Declyn who was now standing again. "You could have still slapped me for being such an idiot, but.... I'm kind of relieved that you didn't, Declyn. Comfort.... Comfort would be like a hug or a cuddle to you, right?"

Jonathan reached out beside himself to pick up his flashlight and he shone it onto the small, red cuts on Declyn's arm, feeling a bit bad as it was mostly his fault for what had happened. He really didn't like the idea of more people getting more hurt around him and he knew that it was sometimes out of his hands when it did happen. But now he had to make sure that he would do the right thing for Declyn and that was by helping him out.

"Hey.... Would you like some help with your arm? I have to repay you for your help somehow, Declyn."

Jonathan patted the ground in front of him and he glanced up at Declyn with patience present on his slightly muddy, stoic face.
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

"Sure."

Declyn tugged at his holster, making sure his gun was in place before he seated himself in front of Jonathan with his legs crossed. "Hugs and cuddles are always appreciated too," he added with a soft smile and held out his arms towards Jonathan, letting them rest against his own knees, his hands curled up into fists. His eyes were getting misty as they focused on the cuts.

He looked away.

Everything would sort itself out somehow.
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan was doing his best to ignore the presence of the gun that could be used one day or in the next few hours and he was trying to concentrate on Declyn's cuts and bits of blood. Then he got to work on cleaning up Declyn's arms and he got out some bandages ready to wrap around his friend's.... Was Jon really thinking of Declyn as a friend? He guessed he was for the time being and he knew that Declyn would be pleased about it. Not that he would tell the other boy about it.

---
Time had passed onto the morning and Jonathan felt himself waking up from a groggy sleep, groaning and mumbling softly under his breath. He was leaning back again a tree and he noticed that his arm was wrapped around a sleeping Declyn's waist, making his heart skip a little faster. Declyn really did look like he was peaceful with his head against Jonathan's chest and Jonathan felt like he wanted to stay like that for a while longer. However, he knew that he should get Declyn to go back to where Amelia and Theo were and he didn't want them to feel panicked about Declyn being missing.

"Hey, Declyn." He said quietly and he shook him gently by the shoulder with his free hand. "You really should wake up..."

Jonathan then heard the speakers making a noise and the announcement was about to begin. Jonathan had to be prepared for this.
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Declyn's damp clothes clung uncomfortably to his body. They were doing little to protect him from the chill that hit him with the next breeze and the familiar voice that once again hit his ears from all directions. His eyes opened slowly and he was staring at Jonathan’s chest and crumpled shirt, then moved his head back to look up at his face.

Buffering.

His heart made a huge jump when his thumb caught his own collar when he rubbed his neck as he lifted his head groggily. Freezing for a moment, he waited, then exhaled. He had jolted awake twice that night and it had taken a while until his body had finally given in to slumber.

“Rhonda, what...?” he croaked, realizing that Mr. Danya was already in the middle of his script. Declyn glanced at Jonathan’s face for a second before he looked down at the ground, listening, the emergency blanket rustling at his feet when he shifted.

That’s all they could do now. Just listen. Or choose not to.

Declyn’s hands were hovering over his ear, hovering only, leaving enough room to let the unwanted facts in.

He held his breath at the mention of Camila’s name, lowered his arms at Dolly’s, dug his heels into the soft dirt at Emil’s, big drops of tears falling down his face quietly by the time the killer was revealed. Tristan and Adonis were kind of the last push before an ugly sob was heard which he quickly muffled with his hand.

He pushed himself up.

“I need to get back to Amelia.” His voice was quavering and thick. “She’s totally freaking out right now! Same with Cecil. Camila… they were… best friends.” He was holding his own hands tightly, pacing, catching a tear with his tongue.

His face was all wrinkled up.

“Are you coming with me or not?”
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan noticed that the names of the victims and the killers were making him feel more uneasy and he knew that he really had to do something about it. Maybe trying to talk to the killers would not make things better; but he was still hoping that a few of them were still good inside and that he could try to steer them onto the right path. He was possibly going to regret what he was going to do. But he was going to give it a shot and then he would have to learn from his own actions or other people's action. Consequences always did come back around to people like karma.

"Declyn..."

Jonathan could see that Declyn was freaking out a lot more than he was and he knew that he couldn't just continue to sit there without doing anything. He pushed the rest of the emergency blanket off of his feet and he got up slowly, looking over at the crying Declyn. He then moved over Declyn, putting his hands on Declyn's shoulders and then he moved his hands to pull him into a warm, calming hug. Hoping that this would help calm Declyn down a little and that he wouldn't be emotional for too long.

"You know that I can't go back to them, Declyn. But you can. You have to be the brave one for them, you have to be the supportive one for them, you have to be the one to protect them. They need you more than me. I need to go and make my own choices. My choices that could get me killed, but I want to make sure that I can try to change people. At least I have to try...."
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Declyn stayed silent, feeling all tense in Jonathan's hold. But he accepted it and he wrapped his arms around Jonathan's waist and hugged him back, his tears coming to a stop.

"Wrong answer. Try again," he said with a serious expression and a sniff as he broke their embrace gently, a small genuine smile tugging at his lips when their eyes met. Declyn looked down at the bandages around his arms, rubbing his eyes quickly.

"I can't and don't want to force you to follow my path so…. okay."

He wasn't brave enough to say goodbye, not to anyone, so instead he said:

"See you later?"
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan glanced at Declyn for a few moments and he was trying not to felt anything in those few seconds, feeling that he should at least say something that would at least be positive. Being positive in a place like this was very rare now as people were still dying around them and he knew that he should have a small sliver of hope for as long as he could. But how could he keep on pretending that he couldn't join the murderers' side? How long was it going to take until he killed someone who didn't deserve it? How could he ever face Declyn again if he did so? He had to kept on the mask that wasn't broken. The broken mask was his true face that he wanted to bury deep into his soul. He couldn't let Declyn see his broken shell that he really wanted him to see. He didn't want to let that out. He had to keep on going for as long as he could over the next hours or days of surviving this messy situation.

Jonathan put a hand on Declyn's cheek as a form of comfort and then he pulled away from him gently, trying to not feel any emotions about never, possibly seeing Declyn again after this. He couldn't linger on that thought forever as he had to get moving and he didn't want to keep Declyn away from his friends for any longer than he should have.

"Sure. I'll see you later, Declyn. Just... Be safe, yeah?"

He then made sure that he had his belongings on hand and he then made his way through the trees, not looking back at the other boy one last time.

((Jonathan Meyers continued in Civilized Civil Lies))
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Something about Jonathan’s words rubbed Declyn the wrong way as he watched him go with droopy eyes. Be safe? Be the brave one? The supportive one? Protect them? As if he hadn’t been doing it this whole time. Anything else?

He cowered down into a crouch and clasping his head between his hands sat thus for a while, staring moodily at the ground. Alone. The danger of falling down into nothingness increased. In a world of finite threat. He touched his weapon and pulled it out of its holster when he stood up and pointed it against the tree that had served them as a shelter. Declyn raised his eyebrow. He turned around and pointed the gun at another tree.

Guns are visible, hasty. Ideas are invisible, they linger. What would win eventually?

The boy let out a sigh and lowered his arms, looking towards the direction of the slope that had surprised them last night. Finding a way around it might be the better path. He was determined to get back to Theo and Amelia.

His feet started to lead him.
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

There was a pile of vomit in front of him and he coughed, spitting flicks of yellowy-orange sick on the ground. He was panting a little in pain and he wiped his mouth with the blanket around his body gently. He was gagging a little and he realized that he had made a stupid mistake by going outside in his condition, feeling like he should have stayed back in a place that was good shelter for him. But running away was the one thing that he had to do. Especially if he really wanted to find his friends before he would die.

((Drew Woods continued from Raw Deal))

Drew stumbled away from the vomit puddle and he stumbled over to a tree, colliding against it with a small yelp of a whimper. He was trying his hardest not to cry and he was feeling more scared of what was happening to him. His arm was feeling like it was starting to go numb and he had no idea what he was supposed to do about it. He just wanted to find Declyn.... Why couldn't he just be as strong as Ty is...? He needed to try harder. He needed to not give up on living, right...?

"I-I'm so tired. I don't know what to do anymore." He said to himself, feeling the urge to cry taking over more and he leaned his back slightly against the tree, taking a sip of water from a bottle to make the taste of puke go away for him. "Come.... Come on, I just n-need to find someone... A-Anyone..."

He let out a small sob. He was really a hopeless boy who had no idea what he was doing. He didn't know how he was supposed to survive this....
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Declyn had managed to climb part of the unpathed slope with some slip-ups, and when he saw where his feet had led him to, he staggered on the now more even ground, his eyes widening instinctively.

He was never more torn about seeing his best friend.

“DREW!” he shouted. A pang of sadness, a twinge of nostalgia. He did feel a peculiar sensation, like nautical despair that, if he were in a movie, would be portrayed superficially as him shaking his head slowly and shedding a tear. But it was just a tingling in his hands, a frightful tingle, like when you nearly drop something precious, but don't.

He ran.

He ran and didn't stop until his arms were wrapped around Drew's neck over the blanket.
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr

Return to “The Woods”