And so it begins...

B313 Starts

Some woods overcrowded with trees. Watch yourself here... who knows who will be hiding behind a tree, prepared to kill?
kuroraishu†

Post by kuroraishu† »

As the boy Ryan walked into the clearing, Arsenio tilted his head to the right, almost like a small child, though his eyes held an examining, near judgemental expression. He knew Ryan from Barry Coleson, and although he never really got to know the guy, he still knew that he was a pretty damn smart student, and had a wonderful family; for that, Arsenio envied him.

His gaze then drifted up towards the bowie knife held within Ryan's hand. Raising an eyebrow, Arsenio brought his left hand up to his ear, he finered the safety pin that was pierced through it. Idly, his right hand tightened about the crow bar and his golden eyes came to rest on Ryan's face yet again.

"Ryan Ashmore, if I remember correctly."

Then as Ryan indicated the girl, Arsenio's eyes twinkled brightly with an unreadable emotion as he saw Cassie rise. It took him a moment to recall her name, but recall it he did. Though, there was no doubt that she had heard of the rumors about his mother, but he still hoped she didn't know the full story.

"And Cassie Webber, if I remember."

Watching the two with a tilted, amused gaze, Arsenio chuckled softly as he looked over to Drew then back at the two. From what he knew of them, neither would attempt to kill someone, but then again, this game did warp a person's mind. Stepping behind Drew, he placed on hand on his shoulder lightly, showing Ryan and Cassie who's side he was should a fight break out.

Removing his hand from Drew's shoulder, Arsenio's golden eyes opened wide in alert as he heard the approach of a loud roar, and as it neared his curiousity became sparked, and he narrowed his eyes slightly.

Feeling Drew yank on his shirt, he quickly turned and part way followed the boy before the bike came into view. Stopping, he turned to face it, standing slightly to the side so if Drew needed, he could shoot whoever rode the bike, but would also be hidden by both his body and the bushes.

When Cody blasted the bike clear through the clearing, Arsenio jumped back and away, his eyebrows drawn down and close together in a near rage.

Who the fuck road a bike at that speed through a fucking forest?

Letting his gaze come to rest on both Cody and Lyndi, Arsenio stepped forward, keeping in front of the others, including Ryan and Cassie. Staring at Cody, he kept a steady gaze on him, his eyes narrowed in distrust for Cody. Taking a step forward, he made the crow bar he held visible to him. Cody gave him bad vibes, and struck him as a man that he would do most anything to win the game.

It was obvious he had taken the position as a leader.

"What is it you want?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler kuroraishu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
asano*

Post by asano* »

He watched with shaking eyes as Cody stepped off the bike and pulled Lyndi off it. This guy was NOT friendly, that much was incredibly obvious from how he acted. No friendly person would approach with a gun, hatchet, and ...GRENADE?!

Oh, SHIT! Drew's eyes locked on the grenade. It wasn't a spherical grenade, like a normal Frag grenade...it was more cylindrical, like a smoke grenade, but seemed to have a dedicated hand-hold area. Wait... He thought back to a game he'd played frequently...and it was a very realistic, accurate game. Rainbow 6. Same with the book.

Wait, Frag grenades are...are shaped differently...that's more like a...a FlashBang? Oh, shit...shit... It was all he could do to assemple these coherent thoughts, but he didn't feel very comforted now, knowing it was a FlashBang. Those blinded and deafened...the boy could do whatever he wanted to Drew if that happened. The idea of torture didn't strike him as a 'to-do' thing.

It was only now he noticed Arsenio was exposing himself. He stood between Cody and Drew, but gave Drew a nice shooting area...the bushes would conceal him further. He should be invisible to Cody...great. Hide and wait, right?

As Arsenio spoke, Drew froze completely. He was hidden, yes, so he shouldn't have been so scared, but there was no combating it. Arsenio...

...did Arsenio just sign his death certificate with that?

Drew's gun hadn't moved. Not pointed at Cody, but not pointed away, either. He tried to steady his arm...but it wouldn't.

Drew was confined to being a spectator, either through letting Arsenio handle it, or fear.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Classic Tobs avatar by Kermit.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Although he had been alerted to the roaring noise early on, Ryan was just as started as his companions as they all had been, and as Cody Jenson's motorcycle blazed through the semi-circle which they had formed in the clearing, Ryan had half jumped, half rolled, and half stumbled to get away from the bike quickly. Glancing back at Cassie, he tightened his grip on the knife, inwardly questioning whether he could actually bring himself to use it this time, when his life was once again being threatened.

There was something about the girl on the back of the bike... something very familiar. As the bike came to a hault and the newcomer pulled the girl from the back of the motorcycle, Ryan finally caught a good enough glimpse of her to recognize her. It was a face he knew pretty well, someone he had spent quite a bit of time with, although if asked in public, the girl would probably not admit to it.

Her name was Lyndi Thibodeaux, and she was everything Ryan Ashmore was not. Popular, athletic, and simply gorgeous. Despite that, Lyndi had always been a little lacking in the grades department, and Ryan had served as her tutor on many the occassion. What had persuaded her to join this maniac? Ryan drew back into the brush as the newcomer headed toward them, his weapons at the ready.

Glancing back toward Lyndi once more, Ryan remembered the ferocity with which the boy had pulled her off the motorcycle. Now, she simply sat there, in the grass, with a fearful look on her face. Perhaps she had not allied herself with him at all. But... on this island, of all places, and especially in these circumstances, what else could have caused her to go along with him? Ryan glanced at the girl inquisitively, but received no response from her.

Lyndi herself sat on the other side of the clearing, staring frantically at the group that Cody had sauntered off toward. Was he going to try to kill them? She recognized the three faces that stood before her, all from Barry Coleson High School like herself. Somehow, she had failed to notice Drew Lynn who was concealed by the bushes. As Cody stalked toward them, Lyndi's eyes grew wide. Arsenio Thanodeus was a large boy, for certain. Lyndi had heard the stories about his mother, in truth, a lot of people probably had. She felt sympathy toward the poor boy for what he had been through.

The girl who stood with the group, Lyndi knew little of. She knew her name, but that was about the extent of her knowledge. Ryan Ashmore, however... Lyndi knew Ryan well. Ryan had helped her out quite a bit in terms of academics. If any of these people would help her, it would be him. Forcing herself to her feet, a violent pain shooting through her wounded leg as she did so, Lyndi grabbed onto the motorcycle for balance.

"Leave them alone!" she shouted loudly.

Of course, this was to no avail. Lyndi had not expected him to actually stop, she had expected it to work as a deterent. Silently, she prayed to God that Arsenio would bash the boy's head in if he turned to face her. Either that, or some mystery bullet would find its way into Cody Jenson's skull. Her eyes traced back to Ryan, looking at him in a pleading manner. Surely, after her shouting, he had noticed her.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Cassie gasped as the motorbike came into view. True, the thought of vehicles on an island wasn't exactly the remotest of possibilities but she had never considered any of her fellow students to have been inventive enough to use one. Still, this wasn't her number one concern; the boy on the bike seemed highly dangerous. The girl he had pulled off she recognised as Lyndi Thibodeaux, and while the two weren't exactly friends (in fact Cassie hadn't remembered ever talking to her at school) she was popular enough for Cassie to know her name.

And now here she was, being dragged about by a motorbike maniac. It really brought home the surreal situation they were all in.

Keeping her somewhat reserved position with Ryan nearby, she watched the scene unravel through terrified eyes. Arsenio had just put himself in a very dangerous position, and whether she wanted to believe it or not, people on this island were willing to kill. God knows she'd seen it enough times. And even if she couldn't bring herself to deliver a fatal blow, she was more than certain that this newcomer would.

This guy'd have no qualms about killing Arsenio...good thing he took charge then, and not Ryan. It'd be Ryan's corpse on the floor and I'd be next.

Oh God! Oh God! I have to stop thinking like this! Is Arsenio any more deserving of death than Ryan? And why am I so convinced that he's in danger? For all I know, Lyndi could be a killer and the boy's treating her roughly because she deserves it. Augh! I've got to shake myself out of this way of thinking before I go insane.

If I'm so sure Arsenio's in danger... why aren't I doing anything to help??

But she couldn't move. Her grip in her baton was sweaty and limp, and she watched the scene with a morbid fascination. She didn't particularly want to see Arsenio's brains decorate the beautiful scenery, yet her eyes refused to look away. Biting her lip, she glanced at Ryan to see if he could offer her some guidance on how to act.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

"What is it you want?"
"Leave them alone!"

Cody continued to walk foreward, rolling the grenade around in his hand like a toy. An idiotic grin accented his features, and trails of dried blood ran from his left nostril and from the corner of his mouth. His breathing was loud and raspy, sounding almost as if he had some sort of sinus infection. His clothing consisted of a white beater with his aviator jacket and his pair of dirty jeans, all showing the wear and tear of several days on the Island. Approaching Arsenio, his hand tightened its grip on his pistol.

Ha, there is always one. Well Mr. Hero, if your going to be in my way, you might as well dance.

Cody suddenly drew the pistol, sending three bullets in Arsenio's direction. As quickly as that he was on the move, running towards a nearby grouping of trees. He pulled the pin on the grenade and let it smoke for two seconds, tossing it in the clearing as soon as he was sure that no one would have time to throw it back. He then dove behind the tree and covered his head with his hands.

BOOM
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
asano*

Post by asano* »

[Fine. Fuck you all. Leave ME to reply first to the BOOM.
*wonders if anyone believed him*
Huge J/K, you know I <3 you all. >_>]

As Cody drew his weapon, Drew [...heh. Drew drew. >>] mentally swore.
This guy's...this guy's serious! Well, shit...if he's serious, I have to be, too! Right? However, he didn't do anything before...

CRACK.
CRACK.
CRACK.

They came quickly, leaving Drew completely stunned. A pistol, no doubt; if it were an automatic, he'd be completely fucked. He was behind Arsenio; any stray shots or shots that went through Arsenio (he shuddered at the thought) would probably hit him.

Nothing happened to him yet, but then again, he was slightly in shock. o.o;

As he saw the smoking grenade roll into the clearing, he scarecly had time to think before he had to act. He ducked his head, slamming his hands over his ears and shutting his eyes as tight as possible

...BANG!
Even with his ears covered, they throbbed incessently. Fuck! Now I see why it's a FlashBANG!

He was disoriented, but nothing major. His secure hiding place made him a spectre; he could watch and not be seen. Easily, at least. He blinked his pained eyes, looking for Cody. Where'd he go? Shit!

He didn't look for Arsenio, but he feared...please, no, please, nothing hit Arsenio. Please.

[shit. Shitty post. Sorry. I couldn't think of good ways to extend it...>< Sorry guys! TT_TT]
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Classic Tobs avatar by Kermit.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Ryan tensed as the boy approached Arsenio, scooting a bit further away from the boy. The deafening sound of three gunshots echoed through the air, and Ryan instinctively ducked. Even before the final gunshot rang out, the boy seemed to have all but disappeared from the scene. Suddenly, a new source of danger had made its way into the clearing. Ryan watched, almost in awe, as the grenade flew through the air, landing a few feet from them. Shit!

Just as quickly as he had seen the grenade, Ryan took a diving leap toward Cassie, trying to effectively knock her down and potentially out of harms way. Closing his eyes tightly, he threw his hands up over his head in a vain attempt to cover himself. The loud sound the flashbang made as it went off sent a shiver up Ryan's spine, and in the next instant, nothing was audible.

Coughing from the dirt he had inhaled upon his landing, he opened his eyes. His vision was extraordinarily blurry, and everything around him was surreal looking. The distorted and hazy looking figure near him had to have been Cassie Webber. Was she alright? Ryan was unable to tell in his current state. As it stood, he was unable to hear the nemesis that had attacked them. In essence, he was nothing more than a sitting duck.

Scurrying to grab the bowie knife, which had been flung from his grasp as he had slammed into the undergrowth, Ryan clutched it tightly. He half forced himself into a crouching position, shaking his head once again in a vain attempt to cure the blurry vision. His breathing increased to a rapid pace, but Ryan dared not call out to Arsenio. Speaking of Arsenio, had the shots that had been fired hit him? Ryan was unaware, as everything seemed shrouded in grey...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyndi's attempt at distracting Cody had all but gone awry. Instead, Lyndi had slumped back down into her seated position on the ground, the wound in her leg causing her an incredible amount of pain. Her eyes were filled to the brim with tears, more from the pain than the current situation she was in, as Cody continued to approach the group.

Three gunshots rang out, causing Lyndi to scream and duck down, holding her arms above her head. She dared not look up for fear of what she would find. Cody was going to kill them all, just like he had killed Fred Hughes at the lighthouse.

The noise after the gunshots was much louder, much worse. The noise made from the flashbang grenade left her ears wringing, before all went silent. Had Lyndi opened her eyes, she probably would not have been able to see anyway.

Instead, Lyndi kept her eyes closed and remained in the almost fetal looking position she had curled into on the mossy woodland floor. She did not know who had been hit, or what had happened. She was fully aware that what had just went off had to have been her flashbang grenades, and she was unprepared to see the aftermath that had, or rather, was going to follow. Instead, she silently prayed that it would all be over soon.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

((600th post. Booyah. And I didn't reply cause I didn't really know what a flashbang could do. Thank goodness for Google.))

The gunshots rang through the air ominously.

Shit, Arsenio! Shit!!

She didn't know if the shots had hit the boy or not- she was instead watching the shooter with nothing short of terror and fear, her thoughts fixed now only on the gun in his hand. Would he use it to shoot her or the others? Her grip tightened on her baton, although more out of fear than anything else.

Watching the boy carefully, she saw the boy hold something in his hand. What was it? She was too far away to see it closely; squinting, she moved her head forward to get a closer look. The 'thing' suddenly became mobile as it flew through the air, yet this still didn't strike Cassie as worrying in the slightest. She followed it's movement in an arch- as if in slow motion- and just as it got close enough, she realised what it was.

She opened her mouth to scream but felt a huge impact in her side. Ryan had dived at her- as she had been too busy watching the grenade, she didn't see him leap towards her, but she went skidding across the ground. Pushing her hair out of her eyes, she gripped her baton tightly, thinking perhaps the person who had tackled her was Cody himself, only to see the grenade explode.

The sound was deafening- literally. She blinked a couple of times, but her vision was equally impared. Struggling to move into a sitting position, she called out for help, but her voice was muffled and distant. Panicking, she rubbed her eyes, but to no avail.

"Ryan??" she called out. "Anyone? Can anyone hear me?"

((sorry guys, sucky post. I'm hungover. ;___;))
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Elise avatar by Kermit.
kuroraishu†

Post by kuroraishu† »

As Cody continued to walk towards him, Arsenio took four steps to his right, as well as two back, moving so he was no longer directly in front of Drew. He had seen the pistol in Cody's hands, and even though he didn't look it, he was scared.

CRACK!
CRACK!
CRACK!

There was no time for him to react, or he would have jumped out of the way.

The first shot ripped into his right shoulder, tearing through muscle and bone alike, but not braking through the otherside like he had so dearly wished. His right shoulder was flung back by the sheer force of the hit, causing him to stumble backwards a couple steps. The pain that was left in his shoulder, was near unbearable, and felt as if the slightest movement would cause more, permanent damage. Needless to say, he dropped his crow bar, fixing his eyes shut in pain.

Suddenly, his eyes flew wide open as the second shot lanced through his lower abdomen, mainly his stomach. Everything seemed to slow down for him as he staggered back a few more steps, the wind now knocked out of him. Blood quickly soaked the front of his shirt, as well as his shoulder; he was gonna die here, this day.

It was hardly a shock for him when the third bullet tore into his left hip, shattering the joint there. With a cringe of definate pain, he fell to his knees, and then toppled over onto his right side; blood slowly starting to ooze out of the wound on his hip and stain his pants. His vision was beginning to blur as he gradually lost blood in varying amounts.

BANG!

Arsenio wasn't ready for the flashbang, nor had he seen Cody throw it. Luckily for him, it landed behind him, but that didn't solve his probelms with the gunshot wounds. The flash didn't seem to phase him as much as the bang did, yet he was down, and there was little to chance that he'd get up again... ever.

His vision continued to fade as he lost more blood. A hand was held weakly over his stomach where he had been shot, the hand now covered in blood, his shirt soaked with it. What a way to die... and so soon.

Please... please just leave. Don't hurt the others...

He wanted so badly to tell Drew to run, to get out of here, go somewhere else safer, but he didn't want to risk giving away his position. All he could do was hope Drew would do what was right.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler kuroraishu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
asano*

Post by asano* »

Drew felt more and more like a phantom as time went on. He couldn't do anything to help Arsenio, and he damn well knew it. If Arsenio had been badly injured, Drew could do nothing but leave. Though, was he even thinking in his right mind, or had something broken?

The world seemed to be a haze now. Not only was his slightly screwed up hearing slowly coming back, but the gunshots and everything else had just ...just fucked up how he perceived time. Like, an adrenaline OD. If you know what I mean.

Now, he looked up again, looking for Arsenio. He looked everywhere except where Arsenio had been before, assuming immediately that Arsenio had bolted for the treeline. The only reason his eyes went back to where he feared Arsenio was, was a thump.

Arsenio's body hitting the ground seemed to produce a deafening noise in the silence that had quickly descended, following the hellish combination of gunshots and FlashBang. When Arsenio hit the ground, Drew's eyes snapped to the source of the sound. It had seemed so much louder than anything else.

No...no, no, no. He can't...oh, shit. The mass on the forest floor ...was Arsenio. It was Arsenio, and he was bleeding. Drew's eyes went wide, and he felt a gagging reflex start up. He put a hand over his mouth, holding the gun with white knuckles in his right hand.

This was his first encounter with a death or injury more final than in his books or games. The blood flowed onto the forest floor, giving the ground a sickly red color. It was all he could do not to vomit, but there was one thing in his mind.

He remembered what they'd told each other. In their not-even-an-hour of knowing each other, they'd promised to mutually help themselves, should danger arise. And, guess what? At the first sign of danger, Drew was fucking worthless. This thought would stay with Drew for the rest of his life, no matter how long it was.

I made a promise, and I can't do anything about it. I can't even try to help. I can't even SEE the guy who did this to him. I...I...shit, if I don't get out of here, Arsenio'll have died in vain. The last part of his thoughts came through oddly clear, and his face tugged into a frown.

I have...have to leave him? Just like that? My new friend...and I have to bug out on him? No...

Yes. If you die, what...what will be the point?

And so, he came to the horrible, unthinkable conclusion. He had to leave Arsenio, just like that. They'd only just met, and already, Arsenio was going to die. There was no sense in hoping Arsenio would survive; who'd shoot like that and leave their mark alive? No, Drew was not such an optimist to think such a thing. If he had been an optimist, SoTF just killed that.

A small tear forming in his eye, he gave a final look to Arsenio, then looked to the others. He said nothing, nor mouthed any words. He only did one thing: he motioned away from Cody. His meaning was clear, however.
We've got to get out of here. Now.

The tear began to proceed down his face; Drew had always been horrible with goodbyes. Beyond horrible. He was the guy who always said goodbye again, just to make sure they were the last one to say it, so he knew it was final. That's how he was with goodbyes. And this...was the worst kind of farewell.
It wasn't even a farewell. Farewell implied that things would be well in the future. Fare well. No, no matter how optimistic you were, there was nothing good about the immediate future, unless you were incredibly religious and couldn't wait to die and go to Heaven, or wherever your religion said you went.
Guess what? Drew's not religious.

Drew turned his head once more to look at Arsenio, lying on the ground, and found himself thinking two things. I...hope you don't hate me for this...and, I hope you...don't suffer. With that, he crept away, making as little sound as he could. He proceeded away from the Forest, away from the area. Away from the death.

[Continued...wherever the hell Ryan or Cassie go. If they do. >>; If they don't, I'll decide later]

((Continued in: There's Always Hope))
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

Cody sat behind the tree, humming cheerfully. The buzzing in his ears was sharp, but other than that, he was not hampered by the grenade he had thrown. He had heard the wet thump as his bullets made contact with something, and he really hoped it was the jackass that walked in front of him in the trail.

Cody decided to give a word of warning to the rest of the people that had scattered, and were still presumably cowering somewhere in the underbrush.

Cody yelled at the top of his lungs, partially because of temporary deafness, partially because he wanted everyone to hear.

"I have seen it before. The Knight in Shining Armor. They always want to protect people. Let me tell you something, It doesn't work here. This isn't some kind of bullshit movie, or a fairytale where the heroic prince saves the girl from the huge dragon and they fingerfuck on the way back to the castle. This is life. It can be taken away as quickly as I can pull the trigger, and its not something you can just take back. The point is, being the hero never gets you anywhere in life. You have nothing worthwhile that you can trade me in exchange for me not killing you. I suggest when someone comes at you with a motorcycle, then with a gun, just stay the fuck out of the way."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

The moments after the flashbang had gone off were almost chaotic, and they flew by in a haze. Ryan's vision had returned to him completely now, obliterating the gray haze that had seemed to be coming from every direction. His ears were still ringing a bit, but he heard Cassie calling out. He watched as Arsenio Thanodeus, who had stood as quite the barrier between Cody and the group only moments before, lie on the woodland floor, the life slowly seeping away from him. He saw the other boy, Drew, motioning for them to get away from the area.

As Cody belted out his words from his hidden position, they hit Ryan hard. Indeed, this was not a fairy tale. Seeing Arsenio, simply lying on the ground after having been taken down by the deranged boy, made that statement very apparant. Internally, it made Ryan question his actions, his thought processes. This entire ordeal was probably not going to end very well for him. That being said, he could not help but wonder why he suddenly desired to play the hero. After all, as had just been proven, it was a doomed role.

Still... the actions of Cody Jenson over the course of the first few moments had basically been enough to prove one thing to Ryan. Of the duo of Cody and Lyndi, Cody was most definitely the "villian". Somehow, Ryan had become certain that Lyndi was most assuredly going to face the same fate as had been bestowed on Arsenio, and the thought of that bothered him. Odd, that a boy who had been so determined to take the lives of others when the game began, had now suddenly been drawn into his current role.

"Cassie..." he muttered quietly, fixating his eyes on the motorcycle that had been parked on the other end of the clearing. "Follow Drew. I'll be right behind you two, don't worry."

What Cody Jenson had probably failed to realize was that by yelling in the loud and brash tone in which he had, he had more or less broadcast his location to the group. Ryan now knew in what vicinity Cody was hiding, and perhaps, if he went the other way and stayed hidden, he could complete his course of action before Cody realized what was happening. Given the situation, Ryan had to help Lyndi. After all, she was one of the few who had treated him decently enough in school. And now, she was in trouble. Granted, she would have to die before he could leave this island... they all would. But right now, that was besides the point.

Nobody deserved to be tortured and dragged around the island before they were finally put down. By the looks of things, she was not in good standings anyway, as she had barely come to her feet for more than a few moments throughout the course of the entire encounter. Slinking off into the bushes surrounding the clearing, Ryan held the bowie knife out in front of him, bracing himself from an attack from Jenson at any time. Of course, he knew fighting him would be a vain and hopeless attempt, as the gun Cody carried would pretty much nullify any attack Ryan could dish out.

Besides, the boy was a lot stronger than him, just by the looks of him. Ryan had never been a very physically imposing person. He had instead used his brains to get by. Right now he was at a loss, as his brain was telling him to run, but his testosterone was telling him to stay put, to be a man. Biting his lower lip slightly, he began trekking through the woods as quietly as he could possibly be. Now, he could not die, he would not let himself. If he truly wanted to leave this island and go on to save the lives of others, he had to perform that mission here first.

Call it a trial run, if you will. Though, his current mission consisted of freeing Lyndi Thibodeaux from her captor and returning to his "unit". Not exactly what Ryan associated with medical situations. Either way, something was telling him to stay, to help her. Even knowing that if Cody pulled the gun out once again, he would be a goner, Ryan continued lurking behind Loretta, behind Lyndi. Somehow, the apprehension and nervousness from the dangerous situation he was in was almost exhilerating. This was his moment to shine through, to be someone more than just another face in the crowd. To be... a hero.

(OOC: Sorry it took me so long to post.)
Swoosh*

Post by Swoosh* »

Her vision slowly coming back to normal, Cassie looked around wildly. Arsenio was on the floor and the psycho on a motorbike appeared to have gone as well.

Shit, Arsenio...

Crawling over to where he lay, she reached out a hand to touch him when she heard her name. Turning around, she saw Ryan, his expression rigid.

"Follow Drew. I'll be right behind you two, don't worry."

Her heart sank at the words. She had half expected something like this to happen, but still... Ryan was going to try and rescue Lyndi. Fair enough...

No... not fair enough. Ryan's got a knife and that monster... Ryan's got no chance of hurting him! I can't just leave him here to die...

...but he has to die sooner or later. He has to die so I can go home.

NO! Don't think like that. Don't give up hope. I don't need Ryan dead to get off this island. We can escape together, we all can. We just need to keep hope. And if Ryan wants to try and save Lyndi, I have to respect his wishes and hope that he comes out of it better off. He'll be OK. He has to be OK. He will be OK.

Nodding resolutely, she pushed herself to her feet, glancing at Arsenio's huge form now laying bleeding, dying. It was a harsh reminder of the consequences that they faced, but it was enough to motivate Cassie into getting the hell out of there. She turned to chase after Drew, calling back at Ryan as she left the area.

"Ryan! We'll be at the dark caves. Once you're done here, meet us there! We'll wait for you!"

Speeding up after Drew, her baton swinging in her hand, she turned away from Ryan, hoping it wouldn't be the last she saw of him.

((Continued in 'There's Always Hope' in the Dark Caves. I'm assuming that when asano comes back, Drew's gonna be there as well.))
kuroraishu†

Post by kuroraishu† »

Hearing that asshole's voice as he spoke, Arsenio's face contorted into a mixture of pain and hatred. Sure, he was badly injured and dying, didn't mean he had to go without a fight. That was when he noticed Cassie out of the corner of his eye.
"G-- get the fuck outta here..." After coughing a few times, he continued. "Tell... tell Drew goodbye for me... and if he can... come back so he can properly bid me farewell..."

Slowly, he pushed himself up so he was at least on his knees and then grabbed his crow bar as Cassie left. One thing Cody Jensen should have thought of: yelling gives away your position, and even with the intended target down momentarily, doesn't mean that they're dead yet.

Closing his eyes, he listened to his own ragged breathing, quickened beat of his heart, and for Cody Jensen. Unlike the others, his vision was blurring, but not to the point that he couldn't see. Slowly, and as quietly as he could, he forced himself to his feet, biting back a cry of agony as pain lanced through his shattered joint. Walking would be difficult, but he'd force himself to do it.

"I can't let this fucker go without some sort of fight... I... I have to distract him for Drew's sake..."

Limping quite badly, Arsenio drew in shuddering breaths as blood continued to seep out through his stomach, and he made his way towards the tree where Cody was hiding.

"Come out you fucking coward! Face me like a damn fucking man! Kill me with your own. Two. Fucking! Hands! Come out and kill me!" His voice was deep, loud, and filled with such anger and acceptance, to him it felt as if it would have shook the very trees. "Or are you too afraid to show your victim your face?" His voice grew quiet and taunting quite suddenly. All this he said while walking towards the tree; his strength quickly ebbing away, but he was ready to accept his fate.

Were he come out from behind the tree, he was ready the throw the crow bar at him with every last ounce of strength in him, and in such a way that it would hit him in the chest and throat area. To him, nobody deserved to die at Cody Jensen's hands, and nor did Cody Jensen deserve to live. He was fucking crazy and should either die, or be put in a mental ward.

[I apologize for taking so long in posting. x.x]
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

Cody had been sitting for a good while, crouched behind a tree not too far away from where he had made his speech. He had hoped that someone who heard his voice would be brave enough to try to ambush him, but the more he waited, the more he began thinking that that was not going to happen.

Maybe they all ran away...

Cody then heard the distinct sound of rustling underbrush, and a boy lunged around a tree, crowbar in hand.

The Hero...

Based on the paleness and the profuse sweating, the boy seemed to be in the last stages of his life. Cody then saw the telltale signs of blood on the boys shirt and realized that he must have been the recipient of Cody's earlier attack.

Cody slowly removed the ax from his pack, saliva beginning to run down his lips. He realized that he was also quite turned on by the whole situation.

I have a solution for that one...

He crept towards the boy, trying to make sure he didnt spoil the sneak attack with his excitement.

Chalk one more up for the underdogs...The next one is you, Crosby...

Return to “The Woods”