How The System Works

Updated For V7

Interested in adopting a character? Check here for those that are available.
Emprexx Plush

How The System Works

Post by Emprexx Plush »

The process of adoption works as follows:

* The character will be named in this area as eligible.
* Handlers submit 'bids' for the character for up to a week afterwards. (Post indicating their interest)
* If there are no 'bids', the character is killed off in an inactive death.
* If there is one bid, the character goes to that handler.
* If there are multiple bids, the handler which gets the character is determined by the priority list. (more on this later)
* Exception: The staff team reserve the right to ask every person who submits a 'bid' to go through a 'screening', whereupon they must PM a member of staff a sample post with the character they are adopting.

There are a number of conditions a character must meet to be available for adoption, these are the following:

* The character has gone terminally inactive and was not appealed or the appeal was denied.
* The handler of said character has not posted in 'away' or otherwise indicated they are going to be unable to post.
* The character in question has not been significantly involved in the game (i.e. has only had one thread, didn't debut, had limited to no interaction)
* The character has not been previously adopted.
* It is not late on in the game (i.e. beyond the first couple of days)

The Priority list. Those making 'bids' for a character will be ranked in a hierarchy determined by this list.

1. Returning members who did not submit any characters for the current version and would like to participate.
2. Newbies who didn't get a chance to take part - but have at least been around for a bit, for example on the non-RPing boards or the chat, who pass a screening test.
3. Handlers who were in the game, but all of their characters are dead.
4. Newbies who didn't get a chance to take part but are brand spanking new and pass a screening test.
5. Handlers who are currently in the game, with one character.
6. * " " with two characters.
7. * " " with three characters.
8. Previously inactivity warned handlers, with no characters.

Note that having ALWAYS had three characters is considered higher priority than somebody who previously had four and has subsequently had one die.

There are certain circumstances under which handlers will be ineligible for adopting:

* If they have had a character go inactive in the current version.
* If they have adopted a character in the version already.

Additionally, some circumstances may render a handler ineligible to adopt at staff discretion, decided on a case-by-case basis:
* If they have had a character be put up for adoption in a previous version.
* If they have adopted a character in the past and treated them badly (using them as fodder, not attempting to play them properly, etc).

Exceptions
* If a handler wishes to pass a character to their friend, this will be allowed in any circumstances other than if it would take the beneficiary over their personal character limit. A handler may still receive a character handed off in this method if they have adopted previously in the current version. However, if they have adopted through this method, they are NOT allowed to then proceed to adopt another character through the system.
* If a pregame character is 'donated' before the beginning of the actual game, this neither disqualifies the giver from adopting, or prevents the recipient using the system, as it has taken place before the game was in progress.
* Similarly, 'donations' of characters do not disqualify the givers from adopting through the system, as this indicates that they are responsible enough to ensure their characters are not merely going inactive.
* If a handler has previously been inactivity warned in a version, but had only that singular lapse and now has no characters remaining, they will be considered eligible to submit bids, albeit at lowest priority.

Regarding Rolls and Adopted Characters
*Newly adopted characters will be ineligible to be Swapped or Heroed out for the space of three rolls, regardless of whether they are adopted through the official system or are handed off by another handler, and regardless of whether that handler gives permission. This is to prevent handlers from adopting characters solely to bolster their original characters' chances of surviving. You may still Swap or Hero to save newly adopted characters. After three rolls, adopted characters will be treated as any other characters, and may be Swapped or Heroed normally. Note that this rule applies even if you adopt back a character you originally created and handled.
*Any character adopted after the 33% mark, or any character adopted by a handler who has already adopted a character during the version, will not be considered as belonging to their new handler for the purposes of protection against double rolls. These characters will be considered unattached, and may be rolled regardless of whether one of their handler's other characters is rolled in a given set.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador

Return to “Adoption Zone”