Spirit Phone

Washington Trip Return Date - Paging Zee

This forum contains scenes set off of the island, taking place concurrently with V7 and its broadcast. Please be sure to thoroughly read the rules prior to posting in this forum. If you have any questions, please consult staff.
backslash

Post by backslash »

"Yeah, see you." Siyanda waited a few seconds, feeling like there was something else ze should say. Nothing came, so ze hung up.

Faiza knocked again. "Siyanda...?"

Ze heaved a weary sigh. "Give me a second."

It felt like it should have taken more effort to stand, but ze wasn't shaking anymore. Just... tired. When ze opened the door, Faiza stared at zem with huge, red-rimmed eyes before crowding into Siyanda's space again and wrapping zem in a hug. Siyanda returned it, resting zir chin on her head. Neither of them said anything.

Words didn't feel very meaningful right now.

((Siyanda Nagi continued elsewhere))
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Ze hung up, and then there was nothing but a faint buzzing noise in Dean's head as he sat there, staring at the wall. He kept the phone pressed to his ear, waiting for the buzzing and ringing to slowly disappear, until he was left with nothing but endless, empty silence. His arm slowly slipped down, gently thudding against the floor. He slowly opened his hand, letting the phone slip out of his grasp. He closed his eyes, and sighed.

He still wanted to just let himself go and tear the room apart, throw things at the wall and turn the place upside down, just to release all the righteous pain and anger he was feeling. He took hold of the closest thing to him that wasn't his phone - a balled up white sock - and threw it towards the opposite wall. The swing was lifeless, the release half-hearted. The missile barely made it more than a few feet away.

"God..."

He should go and talk with his parents, tell them about the plans for later this evening, or just to... make sure they all understood what had happened. They'd surely heard the news by now as well. Surely. If they hadn't, he'd have to be the one to tell them.

God. God, he couldn't do that right now. Couldn't bear going through that whole phone conversation once more, this time in person.

Slowly, Dean willed himself to his feet, each movement taking an eternity as he lifted the dead weight of his own body up off the ground. He turned the handle of his bedroom door, cracking it open, slowly shuffling down the landing. He glanced, briefly, down the stairs, hearing the low chatter of his parents, before stepping into the bathroom and locking the door behind him. Later. He'd cross that bridge later. It wasn't one he could put off crossing forever, but he could avoid it for just a little while longer at least.

He detached his prosthetic, resting it on the shelf specially dedicated for it, stripped off his scant remaining clothes, and stepped into the shower, barely registering how hot the water was as it splashed against his skin. He could hear something from outside, somebody knocking on the bathroom door. He ignored it. He closed his eyes and tilted his head up to face the flow of water, letting himself become enveloped in it, and letting everything outside disappear for a few more minutes.

((Dean Puchero continued in The Angel of the Odd))
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Return to “V7 Meanwhile”