See You On The Road, Skag!

Public now!

Following a well-worn path from the temple that leads behind the building and the memorial garden takes you to the cliff face itself. Featuring a sheer drop to the water and rocks below and no barrier of any kind, the edge of the cliff is not one for the faint of heart. A large roughly cut wooden sign has been haphazardly hammered into the ground here but whatever was originally painted upon it has long since washed away leaving only a shadow of a single word behind.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Catherine wasn't on board with Adonis' plan. What she didn't want was more people around. Three was fine, but it was basically her limit. And they were going to try and stick together? And find more people? She couldn't go along with that. She was glad to have found one of her friends, here, but anything more than that...

Marco started talking, and Catherine didn't like where the conversation was going. He really did want to kill someone. She'd thought that it was the ramblings of a trapped and desperate boy, but right now Marco was anything but. He was calm. Too calm. He really meant it.

Catherine took a step back.

"N-No, I can't... I can't let you..." she started.

She didn't finish that sentence. Everyone here knew what the end of that sentence was going to be.

Catherine couldn't... wouldn't be responsible for that.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

They talked. About things, about stuff, about the future and things like that but Angie didn't really mean it.

((Angie continued from here.))

There was an odd feeling walking through these woods. She had some sort of fascination for the trees that sprouted from the ground as if they were hands seeking to touch the sky. Some of them succeeded in their goals, reaching the clouds, other were left tiny and weak: Angie loved them all equally. No signs of Rammie, however.

She continued until she came up to a spot with bloodied tissues on the forest floor. Angie looked around, her rifle in her hands. Pieces of duct tape were wrapped around the bandages, creating this odd contrast between the silver, the red, and the white. If she had a phone, she'd take a picture of it and make it the art for her EP.

Continuing toward the voices, she first saw Adonis. He wasn't alone, obviously. She just wanted to adress him. Talk to him quickly before continuing her search. The many demands and notions that were inflicted upon the cast of teenagers were obviously ramping up, and she didn't trust her brother's instinct nor his wit to sustain him.

Angelina walked closer to the group. If they were going to kill each other, they would have started earlier. Obviously someone had done something, but whoever had done it was gone, and Adonis was still the focus for Angie. She overheard bits and pieces of it. He wanted his shiv back. Angie understood the meaning of this and she decided to walk faster. Whether it was to end his life or someone's elses, she couldn't quite bear being a witness of the act. As long as she could delay the inevitable — seeing the fate of her peer — Angie could maintain her sanity.

"Hey, uh, what's going here?"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Marco seemed to have refused his offer and Adonis was trying not to feel bummed out by it. But it was Marco's choice and Adonis knew that he had to accept that. But not only that, Marco seemed to not want him to help with his eye or give him any of his supplies. Adonis was starting to feel a bit dejected and he was trying to not let it show. Marco then started to talk about Arjen who was the guy that Adonis had seen after all. But the more Marco talked, the more Adonis was becoming alerted. Marco wanted to kill Arjen? Why? No! That was stupid! Adonis wasn't going to allow Marco to do that and it seemed that Catherine was on the same page with him. Good, Marco needed to some sense talked into him.

"Marco, you can't do that. What the hell is wrong with you?" Adonis said as he stepped closer to Marco with desperation clearly in his own eyes and he reached his hands out to Marco's shoulders, gripping onto them a bit too tight. As if he wanted to have Marco stay put. "You can be a good person. You don't have to hurt anyone. This isn't what you really want. Right? Please tell me that you're lying. I don't-"

He heard a voice. Angie's voice. She has followed him after he had said that he had wanted to be alone for a while? He turned his head to look at her.

"We're okay, Angie. Marco just...." Adonis paused and he looked back at Marco with slight sadness in his eyes. "He just needs to rethink some things he is saying right now. Because murder is not going to help him in this place."
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco held his hand out for the blade. Catherine wasn't going to give it up. Figures. Fucking figures, He expected it, but still. She wasn't gonna do it. Adonis got up and moved towards him to yell at him too. Marco flinched and closed his eyes when he put his hands on his shoulders, expecting Adonis to take him down and throw him back to the tree. He pleaded. 'Don't do this. You're a good person.' Like being a good person meant anything. All he wanted to do was give Kelly her bags back. He got mugged of everything he had instead. Look where being a good person got him.

"Adonis..." Marco's eyelid twitched. "I appreciate that you think that-" The corner of Marcus' lip quivered, as if he was trying not to laugh at the absurdity of a rather funny joke during a funeral. "-But you're probably the only person on this island who thinks that, not like it matters anyways." Marco pointed to his eye. "Look at me. Look at me in the fucking eyes and tell me why this had to happen." Marco opened his bad eye. "All because I wanted to help someone."

Marco jerked back from Adonis' arms. His eyes stung, and his cheeks felt wet again, but his lips were peeled back in a wicked grin. "Now let's throw all that morality bullshit out the window for a moment. What would you do if you were in my shoes? What if you were jumped, beaten, nearly fucking blinded, and robbed, then left to die? What if the only person you thought you could trust betrayed you, and knew what was about to happen to you? What if they came back, just to mock you?"

"You don't understand, because you weren't there... You weren't there, pal! You don't fucking know! He came back all smug, and mocked me. He saw the same things you did. He even saw what happened to me. He saw what was happening to me! He saw them coming before I did, and he didn't say shit! He had the audacity to make fun of me for it, to blame me for it! Arjen's not even a mile away yet, I still got time! Please, let me have this, just one win, that's all I want."

"He looked at me, and he laughed... All I want to do is make him curl up and cry again, like he was when I found him on that fucking yacht. Him, Willow, and Sierra. Even if we get out of here, they denied me the chance to live a normal life again, they denied me my fucking dignity! The least I deserve is to deny them the same..."

Marcus looked at the newcomer. "Angie... What would you do if you were in my shoes. If you could do something about it, would you? Or would you just give up."

"Adonis, Catherine... You look at me, and tell me you wouldn't do what I want to. If you went through the same shit I did, would you really forgive them?"
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Of course there would be another person. Catherine jumped slightly as a new voice appeared; she hadn't been paying attention to her surroundings as she'd been focused entirely on Marco.

He was right. She didn't know what Marco had really been through. She wasn't there. She understood that fact. But that didn't change the fact that what Marco had said before was completely crazy. And if he was so intent on doing this, then...

Well, it's not like she could actively stop him. However, that didn't mean she was just going to allow him to do it, either. Catherine passed the shiv from one hand to another. She didn't say anything, though. She didn't really feel like any answer to Marco's question would sound right, especially to her.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"I have..." she looked around. Angie must have missed something important because Marco was lacking an eye. It was either one of the previously mentioned students that must have done. A lot of things had obviously happened in the span of a couple of hours, and it confirmed Angie's fears. Nobody was safe on the island. It should have been a given due to their disposition, but it was a reminder that it was true.

People had already turned to violence, brutality, crime to survive. It didn't take much. Just a couple of hours, the murder of their teachers, and the pressure of an already scary world and people had already made the decision to throw away their humanity. This was something that Angie couldn't have planned nor considered when thinking of her future, and yet, her rest of life was going to be spent here. It only made matter worse when she realized that she, too, would become like that. It was a matter of time.

"I'd... sit on it?" She shrugged. "Like... if you are still angry when you see them, go ham or whatever." She pointed a camera. "Just remember who's the real enemy."

She cocked her head. Were her words right? Not really, she didn't mean them. Actually, she did, but she didn't want to mean them. It was a scary entreprise. Starting saying things that could be contradicated and used against you within the span of a couple of minutes wasn't something that Angie was thrilled about.

She turned toward Adonis. He was the real focus of this scene for Angie. She just had to tell him one thing.

"I'm leaving the group." She put quotation marks around the word 'group'. It wasn't a real group. It was something they made up quickly on the spot. "Just be safe, okay? I'm sure Myles will be nice to you." She didn't mean that last part, and this time, it was true. Something was up with him, and Angie couldn't put her finger on it.

"This goes for everyone." She waved as she walked away. "Take care."

((Angie left the area.))
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis felt overwhelmed. Not only by Marco's words about Arjen, but the fact that Angie was not staying with him and Myles. He guessed that he understood that she really wanted to find her brother, but it still hurt to hear it. It seemed like she hadn't trusted Myles either. Which meant that Myles was alone out in the woods and Adonis needed to get back to him. But Marco....

"Angie, wait-"

He could barely get out those words as she disappeared from his view and now he had to believe that she would be safe out there. She has a gun. She'll be safe. Angie will find Ramsey and then they would be safe as a family. A family.... Lachlan.... Lilias.... Mom.... Dad.... He couldn't bare it if they were watching him right now. Not Lilias. Even Lachlan would protect her from something so cruel and morbid. Lachlan was the one most likely to watch this. Adonis knew that they had parted on bad terms and he didn't want to get emotional now. Later....

Now he turned back to look at Marco and he was thinking about everything that he had said to him. Adonis had always been a forgiving person for a lot of the littlest of things that didn't really matter to him now. Why? Because it was likely that he was going to die here. He had thought about it when he had been alone for a while. If he was going to die....

Don't think about it right now, Adonis. Just tell Marco what you honestly think right now. Don't think about dying. It's not what you want to talk about.

"I never said that I would forgive people that would hurt me.... Don't you dare think that I am that naïve and stupid. Look, I know that I'm not that most smartest person here, but...." Adonis realized that he was getting louder and louder as he was continuing to speak and he lowered his voice to a quieter tone. "... But I'm not going to go around like I'm some dumb warrior of justice to avenge myself or other people who might have.... died. I want to help others, of course. If you really want to kill Arjen.... Fine, it's not like anything I'll say will stop you, right? But don't you dare try to make Catherine indirectly involved in this."

Adonis then did what he should have done all along. He stepped in front of Catherine, blocking her from Marco's view mostly.

He slightly glanced over his shoulder at Catherine, his heart was feeling heavier over what he was doing right now. "Catherine, leave. Take the shiv with you." He said, taking a deep breath and then he was staring back at Marco who was in front of him. "Don't you even think about going after her, Marco. I won't let you. I'm sorry."

Adonis meant everything that he said. Even if he was more of a lover than a fighter; he knew that he would have to fight back if he had to and if he had to do it to a friend. Then so be it. He had to survive for as long as he could. There were still friends that he had to find and he had to get back to Myles soon.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“So what now?” Marco was nothing but honest with Adonis. He was nothing but honest with everyone. Marco realized that’s why everyone hated him. That he simply told people how it was, that people were naturally shit, and there was no point in acting good, because most people weren’t good, they only did it for appearances.

He stated the answer as bluntly as he could, and everyone tiptoed or skirted around the question. Nobody wanted to be honest with themselves let alone him. Angie told him to just think about it. If it really meant that much than do it, as if an eye was spilt milk. As if his integrity was nothing. Catherine said nothing. She just looked at him like he was a rabid dog, as if he had any reason to attack her. Adonis states he’d rather help people then hurt people. Okay sure, Marco was fine with this.

What Marco wasn’t fine with, was how they started judging him. Adonis was acting like Marco was threatening Catherine. How Catherine looked at him like she dared him to attack her. How Adonis told him not to bring her into it, and how she couldn’t give him the shiv. How they acted like they were the ones in danger, the ones being threatened.

It was at this point Marco realized that he was right, all along. Good people don’t exist. Adonis only used him to make himself look better. Now he was using him again, portraying Volker as the big bad wolf that he had to stand between to protect little red riding Catherine. Just like that, he changed, and revealed how two faced he really was. Just like Emmett... Just like Ari.

Marco was always the scapegoat people used to get a leg up in life. It was pretty easy to do, he was the perfect target. Why wouldn’t he be? Try to be friendly to people, and they just call you annoying. Play their game by their rules, and suddenly they were justified in treating you like shit. ‘UWU the wiw meanie satanist buwwied me’ they say, as they’re the ones who instigate the violence. Marco reacts, and nobody believes that he wasn’t the one who started it.

Same thing happened now. Sure, maybe Marco was acting irrationally about the whole killing people thing, maybe he could get a grasp on that. It didn’t matter though, because Adonis’ first thought wasn’t ‘how can I help’. His first thought was ‘how could I make myself the victim in this situation’.

Marco’s chest heaved. His face twitched and writhed as he scowled and changed color. His bit his lip, and dug his knuckles deep into his palm and he could just reach out and strangle Adonis and...

Marco was calm. His eye didn’t hurt so bad anymore. His heart hurt worse anyways. Marco sniffed at the air. “Smell that Adonis? I know there’s portajohns on the trail, but... they don’t waft this far. Something smells like bullshit here.”

Marco took two steps back from them. He had every reason to, they were threatening him after all. His ‘rescuers’. “You know, I was nothing but honest with you. Why’d you have try and throw me through a loop like I’m some kind of idiot, like everyone watching is an idiot?”

Marco laughed. “Adonis? Do I scare you? Why are you posturing up on me like that? Why are you acting like I’m threatening you? All I asked for was the shiv? What? You think I’m just going to take it? You guys ‘rescued me’... I even told you what I was going to use it for. I told you the truth, and... Oh I get it!”

“The bullshit is coming from you!” Marco pointed at Adonis. “Helping people? Really bitch? You don’t want to help. You see me, and you don’t see me, you see an opportunity. An opportunity to look like some sort of bullshit messiah. Everything I’ve told you didn’t matter to you, because all I am is an opportunity to you. First I was an opportunity to rescue someone, and now I’m an opportunity to protect someone... You’re full of shit!”

He was crying again, but he didn’t feel sad. He felt liberated, like he’d just seen the sun for the first time of his life.

“Fuck you, and fuck the high horse you rode in on. Fuck your fake ass morals, they’re not real, just like you. You’re just another bullshit conformist, pretending to be something you’re not, because you don’t actually care about anyone, you just care for your image that you care. Fuck you, you’re just a two faced fuck like Emmett. You two were made for each other...”

Marco turned around to walk away. He stopped when he saw his glasses on the ground. He picked them up. They were dented and the lens was cracked, but they would work for his good eye.

He turned back to look at Adonis and Catherine. “You know, I should become the thing y’all want to label me as. You want me to be the bad guy, then fuck it, I’ll do it. I’m tired of getting shit on anyways.”

Marco stopped and looked at Adonis. “Well?!” He stood, waiting. “I just told you I was gonna go kill people. You wanna be the good guy so bad, right? Why ain’t you stopping me?”

“What? You actually waiting on me to kill someone first? Someone has to actually die for you to do something? Is that it?” He began to walk forward, moving towards Adonis, towards Catherine.

“Wanna play protector? Here’s your chance...”
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Catherine had wanted to help Marco. She wanted to believe that everything he'd said up to now had been anger, words said with no real gravitas behind them. But the more time passed, the more it was beginning to look like Marco had really wanted to hurt others. To hurt them.

Adonis told her to run. To get away from Marco. And she...

She had no choice but to agree. To do what he'd said. She took one last pitiful look at Marco, before turning and running. Running from one of the only friends she had here.

Find friends, huh? She'd thought that, not too long after she woke up. She'd already failed at that, it seemed.

But that was fine. Catherine felt better when she was alone.

Right?

((Catherine Zier continued in Freedom is a fleeting dream, an ephemeral hope, a transient wish in the wind.))
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis heard footsteps rushing away from him and that had made him feel somewhat relieved. At least Catherine and the shiv was away from Marco now. And now Marco was just going on about how fake Adonis was. Adonis didn't understand. Was this how Marco thought he was? That he didn't care? That he didn't want Marco to believe that he had to be the bad guy for him?

Adonis let Marco move closer to him and he glanced at Marco with a look of pity. "You want to kill someone. You made it obvious by saying that you wanted to kill Arjen and those two girls. How was I supposed to respond? You really think I would have let you get that shiv. Also if I didn't give a damn about you, I would have just left you there. But I'm not like other people, Marco. I'm not trying to be the good guy here, Marco. I'm just trying to make sense of this horrible situation that we are in." He wanted to reach out and shake some sense into Marco. But it seemed like he couldn't do anything for Marco. "If you want to hurt someone...."

Adonis couldn't help but smile a bit sadly. His hands were hanging loosely at his side and he then looked at Marco more seriously.

"....Then hit me, punch me, kick me. Do whatever you want. Because I know that you are angry at everything right now. I get it, okay." Adonis moved closer to Marco until he was a few inches away from him and he was waiting for Marco to do something. Anything. "I hate all of this. I hate it all. You're the one who doesn't get it. As if you're the only victim.... You're not."
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

What now? Adonis wanted to talk all of that shit, then give up? “You want me to hit you? You really want me to hit you, because I will! If you don’t stop me, I’ll kill you!”

Marco continued to step closer, as Adonis did nothing. “I’ll strangle you dead if you don’t fight back! You want to treat me like a rabid animal I’ll fucking act like one!”

Adonis just stood there. Marco stopped in front of him. Marco raised his arms to Adonis’ neck, ready to reach out and throttle him. His arms shook, his body shook. Adonis did nothing. “Do something... Do something!” Marco shook violently, looking Adonis up and down, who refused to move. With a final violent spasm followed by a scream of rage, Marco’s arms shot forward...

And gave Adonis a rather ineffective shove to his shoulders. Really with the body type differences, Marco did more to shove himself backwards than push Adonis forward. It was... pretty pathetic to be honest.

Marco just stared at the ground, drained of his impotent rage.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis felt Marco's weak-like push and he watched all of Marco's reactions. It hurt to see Marco like this and Adonis noticed that Marco didn't have the fight in him anymore. Adonis did feel angry. He felt angry at the terrorists. He felt angry at Sierra. He felt angry at Willow. He even felt angry at himself. He wondered if this was better for Marco. Just to let the other guy cool his rage and then....

And then what, Adonis? What the heck are you supposed to do now? You feel lost and Marco just looks defeated. What are you going to do?

"I can't even ask you if you are okay now because that would be a stupid question. Look, Marco...." Adonis wasn't sure what he was supposed to do now and he moved closer to the other boy. He leaned down slowly and he glanced up at Marco's face. The eye was still making him feel a bit ill, but that didn't matter right now. "....Do you.... Do you want to come with me? You can tell me to f off if you want. But I really don't want to leave you alone like this. Just tell me. I'll stay or I'll go."

Adonis then held out his hand to Marco. Hoping to not be alone. Because he felt like he was more scared of losing a friend right now.
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Why?”

Marco just looked at Adonis as he asked him to go with him. “Why do you want me to go with you?”

Marco didn’t understand. He just threatened to kill Adonis. He threatened to kill Catherine. “I just told you I was going to kill people, I told you that I’d kill you... Why do you want me with you?”

Marco couldn’t look Adonis in the eyes anymore. He knew he fucked up. He scared off one of his only friends, and probably scared off Adonis’ friend from his group. Why would he trust him?

“ I don’t get it... What do you want from me? What do you think I can offer you?” Marco couldn’t understand. He had nothing on him that Adonis could use. He was half blind too...

The only reason he could think Adonis would want him around was as a meat shield...
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Why? Because I owe you for cheering me up. You became a good friend to me in such a short time, Marco. You can be a bit of trouble but you made me laugh and we had a good time together." Adonis was still holding out his hand to Marco and he was thinking about their short time at having fun together. "You possibly think that I am being an idiot right now. But that doesn't matter to me at all."

Just being around you was enough to make me happy for a while and you looked happy as well. I just want to hold onto you for as long as I can. Am I being selfish?

"You don't have to offer me anything. I just want don't want to leave you alone."

He was smiling a little, trying to be the friendly him before. It was getting harder and harder for him to do so.

"I don't want us to be on bad terms. Please."
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco didn't get it. Why didn't Adonis just want to leave. Adonis said it was because he made him laugh, because they had a good time. Was that the truth? Marco wasn't sure if he was being fucked with or not, but it felt like it. Always did really. Was Adonis going to use him?

Marco had a choice. He could go with Adonis, and figure out if he was telling the truth or not. Maybe Adonis was being honest, maybe he just wanted to be with him. Maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was just keeping him around until he found a good reason to dispose him. Maybe he'd be led into a trap again, just like with Arjen. Maybe he was just there to soak up bullets so Adonis didn't have to. Maybe Adonis just wanted to be there to play hero, and use Marco as a scapegoat. He'd play the bad guy, Adonis would play the good guy. Then again, maybe not. Maybe he was telling the truth, and Adonis was actually worried for him.

He could go on his own. He'd never know if he was telling the truth or not. Maybe Adonis would be dead before he could figure out. Maybe they'd meet again, and Adonis would have a reason to put him down. He wouldn't know. At the very least, he'd still have himself. Marco knew he could trust himself. He made a mistake, but he would learn from it. Next time that happens, he's shooting the trees first, asking questions later. But that was neither then nor now.

Now he had one choice to make.

"Alright... It looks like I don't really have a choice, do I? I'll go with you."

Marco needed to know.

Return to “The Cliff”