See You On The Road, Skag!

Public now!

Following a well-worn path from the temple that leads behind the building and the memorial garden takes you to the cliff face itself. Featuring a sheer drop to the water and rocks below and no barrier of any kind, the edge of the cliff is not one for the faint of heart. A large roughly cut wooden sign has been haphazardly hammered into the ground here but whatever was originally painted upon it has long since washed away leaving only a shadow of a single word behind.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco let out a sigh in relief as he saw the newcomer had turned his attention to him. He was so happy to see a familiar face right now.

“Hells bells... Nice to see you too, Adonis.” Marco closed his eye, his voice sounding much less agitated and much more tired. “It’s been a long, looong day, and I guarantee that nobody had it worse than me. If someone did, I’d love to hear about it.” He opened his working eye again.

Adonis wanted to know what happened to him. It was well and plainly fucking obvious, but Marco wasn’t going to bitch out who was probably the only person willing to rescue him. He didn’t really want to explain what happened in detail, because just thinking about it made him wince and cringe as the dull throbbing in his eye jolted in memory of getting fried.

“I uhhh, I made the mistake of thinking that human beings were actually anything above hypocritical savage mongoloids without having societal norms to conform to, proving once again, that imperialism is the only reason we wear clothes and utilize written languages. It was Willow, and Sierra, they uhh, they fucked my shit up and stole my shit.”

“They also have an assault rifle now; my rifle...”

Marco faked a smile and a chipper attitude.

“So how was your day, huh?”
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis could only listen to Marco's words as he told him what happened and his heart felt like it was dropping more into the dirt at his feet rather than his stomach. People were that willing to steal from each other already? Adonis knew that there were people who were not trustworthy here and he was going to do his best to avoid them at all costs. So he had to add Sierra and Willow to the list of people to avoid. He honestly thought that Sierra would be above robbing others, but he guessed that he was terribly wrong about her. Now Willow.... He hardly knew the girl. So she was pretty much a big question mark to him. They had Marco's rifle. So he definitely didn't want to see them at all.

"How could they do something like that? What is wrong with people right now? I don't understand why people are starting to turn on each other." Adonis said with a shake of his head and he was feeling generally upset about it. He was trying to look at the tape around the tree and he was wondering if he could get Marco out of this quickly. "I understand if people want to survive this, but.... This isn't right. This is messed up. To hurt you like this. I won't stand for it."

Adonis then noticed that Marco was faking a smile and a happier tone for him. For him. Adonis felt it hurt a little to see Marco forcing himself to be okay. He didn't need the other boy to pretend for him and he wasn't doing to leave him in such a cruel state.

"Hey, my day doesn't matter right now. You don't have to pretend that you are fine, Marco. I can see that you're not." Adonis said with a sad smile as he stepped closer to him and he reached up to touch Marco's arm, touching it in a comforting manner. At least he hoped that Marco took it as a comfort. "Let me get you out of this. I can't leave you tied up like this while we are talking. Right?"

Adonis then offered him one of his charming smiles. He didn't know why. Did he want to pretend that they were doing normal things in a messed-up situation?
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco flinched a bit when Adonis put his hand on his shoulder. He was sure that Adonis had the best intentions, but Marco couldn’t help but expect that he’d get a knife to the throat. Adonis was here to help him out though, so that eased his trouble a bit.

Marco looked at Adonis as he got closer to him. He stopped his permanent winking for a moment, and opened his right eye. The dark red clouds filled his right peripheral vision. “Hey Adonis?”

“Be real with me. How bad my eye? They jammed a taser in it, and now I can barely see out of it.”
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

"...I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?"

((Catherine Zier continued from The Chords of Winter.))

It seemed like everywhere Catherine went... she went there. Yeah, it hadn't been an eventful trek across the island, with the most notable thing being something she didn't even stick around for. It was still a good decision, mind, but that was beside the point. As Catherine moved south past the fancy houses, she continued down to the southern tip of the island.

As she approached the edge, she heard the snippets of conversation. She half-considered veering, off her current path, but decided against it. She couldn't avoid people forever, after all. Wow, it was like she was back in her late childhood. Cool.

Of course when Catherine had made that initial comment, she didn't quite grasp the gravity of the situation. All she saw was some guy talking to another guy stuck to a tree. Specifically, she couldn't see who it was that was stuck to the tree.

As she approached, however...

"Oh my god, Marco?!"

Yeah, she knew Marco. They were alike... well, more alike than she was with most other people in her class. They'd hang out sometimes. Sometimes. His frantic energy was tiring if she sat through it for a long time, but still, she liked him. In small doses.

That wasn't important right now. Dude looked like he'd been through hell. As she got closer, she could fully she that he was indeed, full-on taped to the tree, and his face...

Catherine covered her mouth. She was afraid to ask. But she did anyway.

"Who did this to you?"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis couldn't help but wince at the sight of Marco's damaged eye and he was feeling a bit ill. He wasn't normally the type of person to have a weak stomach, but stuff involving eyes in a bad way was enough to make him want to puke. But he did not want to vomit his crackers all over Marco and he swallowed a little. Okay, he needed to breathe. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. He needed to be honest with Marco, even if it wasn't what he wanted to hear.

"Okay, okay. It's-"

That was when he heard a girl's voice called out to Marco and he turned his head to see who it was. Catherine Zier. Adonis had seen her and Marco hanging out before so that meant that she was a friend of Marco in Adonis' good books. It didn't look like she was there to cause any trouble so Adonis was willing to let his guard down for the time-being and he was still staying close to Marco's side.

"Sierra and Willow. They attacked him with a tazer and they took his stuff. His eye is not in a good condition at all." Adonis was explaining the small details and he hoped that Marco didn't mind. He let out a sigh of annoyance as he was thinking about the two girls with Marco's weapon and then he looked back at Catherine with a look of sympathy. "Hey, Catherine. Could you help me get Marco out of this? I don't think Marco wants to be tied up forever."
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco’s eyelid twitched as he held it open. Contact with the air itself stung, and Adonis’s reaction told him more than he could’ve said with words. There was a twinge of denial behind it all. There’s no way it could be that bad, right? It’s only fucking temporary, right?

Marco closed his good eye, as the bad one remained open. It was dark. He could barely decipher Adonis’ facial features. The trees behind him were nothing but blurs, and everything looked like it was in the earliest of dusk, only red instead of blue. His eye hurt to move around, to look, to blink. His eye caught a glimpse of the sun behind Adonis, and his head shot back as his eye slammed shut, his vision exploding into colors and splashes as if lightning itself had struck his retina.

He opened his good eye again, as his bad eye remained shut. He only saw Cathrine behind Adonis just a second before she stated her arrival. Her reaction told him all he needed to know about his state of being too.

Adonis began explaining what happened to Marco. The moment he heard Sierra and Willow, he began talking aloud to no one in particular.

“I’m gonna kill them. I swear I’m gonna fucking kill them...”

His chest heaved as it raised and lowered. Marco’s head shook as he continued rambling as Adonis continued to explain.

“Arjen too, Ima kill him too. I’m gonna find them and I swear to Satan I gonna gut them and hang em all from a tree.”

His good eye turned pink as his voice wavered, his cheeks flushed.

“I mean it... I’m gonna hurt them. I’m gonna kill them.”

“I... I.”

His eyes stung, one side worse than the other. The tears fell, one side stained, one side clear.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Catherine didn't say anything. She was unnerved at the explanation. She thought then, that she needed to be on the lookout for Sierra and Willow. She found it hard to believe, but it seems like people really were buying into this whole thing. Even if they hadn't killed Marco, they'd basically left him here to die.

Adonis. Right, that was the other guy's name. Not as familiar, but he wasn't being hostile. He wanted to get Marco off the tree.

"U-Uh, yeah," Catherine said, moving to the side as she began to work on the tape. She worked silently. Marco said some rather unsettling things while Adonis had explained what had happened. But they were just words. Catherine didn't think that Marco would act on them. He was in pain, after all. Poor guy.

But they had stuck Marco here but good. Catherine had managed to get a few strips off, but scraping against the tree was beginning to wear her fingers down. This, she thought, would be much harder than freeing a lobster from a bag.

"Do you have... er, anything sharp we can cut the tape with?" she asked.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis got to work on the tape along with Catherine as he heard Marco saying some disturbing words and he felt more sad that Marco had been broken down into a mess of a person. Okay, Adonis knew that Marco could be a bit much sometimes, but this was just too much for even Adonis to handle. He wished that he was back at the pool where he was having a laugh with Marco and Marco had been the one who got him out of his heartbroken mood. Just seeing Marco crying right now. It was tugging so much at his heart and he wished that he could made the pain go away for Marco.

Adonis stopped pulling some strips off of the tree after a while and he wiped his brow with the back of his hand. "This is a bit more harder to get done with just our hands alone." He said, scratching his chin a little and he realized that that must have meant that Catherine didn't have a dangerous weapon. Well, he hoped that was the case. But if she has a gun.... "Sadly, I do not have anything sharp for us to use. And now I wished that I did."

He glanced at a crying Marco and he bit down on his lower lip, mulling over what he could do next.

"I could try to look around the area. Maybe I can find something sharp by chance." He suggested with a small nod.
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco wondered if he should tell them. He wondered what they’d do if they knew he had the shiv on him. Would they cut him loose than give it back. Would they just take it and leave him there? They didn’t seem like they’d do the latter, but, Marco had trouble trusting people after Arjen.

Those glancing thoughts moved by though, and Marco realized that he was just thinking retarded shit. They’ll help him, they had to!

“...They left sum’nt with me.” Marco pulled the shiv out of his belt loop. “I tried to cut myself loose, but I can’t move anything besides my wrists; couldn’t reach the tape.”

Marco slid the ceramic blade towards Catherine. “I uhh, I think they were expecting someone else to come and do the dirty work for them, so I hid the blade on me, just in case.”
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Catherine silently nodded as she took the shiv from Marco.

"Okay," she said, "Just... give me a few minutes. Y-You need to let me know if it hurts, okay?"

Catherine began to work on the tape. Her progress was slow, as she wanted to be extra careful so that she didn't accidentally cut him as well. She started with the area around his arms, prioritizing freeing those as quickly as possible.

In one day, Catherine had found herself two living beings from... well, captivity, let's say, on the island. Of course, they weren't really free until they'd somehow managed to escape this island, huh?

Still, small steps. At least she was beng proactive. Chew on that, Lucas.

She had slowly carved a line down the tape next to his left arm, and moved to the right to work on that one.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis felt a chill go down his spine as he listened to Marco's disturbing words when he revealed his shiv to him and Catherine and he found himself staring at down at his bright red sneakers that had a bit of dirt and leaves on them. Adonis didn't like the idea that someone could have been so bloodthirsty enough to take Marco's life in such an easy way. Adonis felt like he was starting to see the bigger picture more and he knew that he couldn't let himself be manipulated by other people. He couldn't be the kind, flirty, naïve Adonis anymore. He had to take things more seriously now. Marco was proof of how cruel people could be. Adonis was not looking forward to tomorrow. He knew that he had to be ready to hear things about his other classmates and friends.

He wasn't going to be ready at all.

Adonis looked back up with a more serious expression as Catherine was getting to work on freeing Marco from the tape and he found himself focusing on Marco's face again. "Hey, Marco. Do you want something to be done about your eye?" He asked curiously. "I mean.... Do you want it to be wrapped up or something?"

He didn't like seeing Marco so sad. Adonis didn't even want to think of Sierra and Willow. Arjen. Had he been the guy with the sword? That seemed like it was likely. A sword was another dangerous weapon and Adonis felt like he was helpless without a weapon. He was not going to take the shiv. Marco needed it more than he did.
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Thank you guys.”

They started to cut him loose, getting each piece of tape off of him. Once Marco’s arms were free he began joining in and helping them in getting tape off of himself.

Adonis asked about wrapping his eye up. That’d probably need to be done so he didn’t die of an infection. “Yeah, thank you Adonis, but I can’t. They took everything. I don’t know what to do without any meds.”

Marco closed his eye and rested his head back against the tree, sighing. He didn’t know what to do. All his stuff was gone and there were at least three people he knew whose KoS list he was on. It went both ways, because they were on his too.

In the span of an hour he was beaten, betrayed, humiliated, and robbed. They took his gear, his dignity, and his eye. Catherine and Adonis were there to help him, but how long. He was lucky it was so early in the game, where most people continued to pretend to be good people. In a day or less, that’d change. Would Adonis or Catherine still be good people by then? Maybe. Marco didn’t really know.

Would Marco still be a good person by then? Marco really didn’t know. Maybe if he stuck with Adonis and Catherine, he would...

But that was just conforming to societal norms wasn’t it? If he were on his own, to make his own decisions, would he still be a good person? Back home no one ever thought he was, that wouldn’t change here...

“What’s your guys’ game plan?”
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Catherine wondered if she should offer her own first aid kit. Despite how selfish it may have sounded, she didn't feel comfortable using her own kit right here, right now. If she were to survive long term, she'd need to conserve all of her supplies.

Catherine bit her lip anxiously. This didn't make her a bad person, right? Besides, Adonis was here. He could spare his first aid kit, right?

Marco asked what their game plan was, and wasn't that the million dollar question?

"I... I dunno. I haven't really thought that far," she said flatly.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis wanted to help Marco. Even if what he was going to say next would hurt his chances of using his supplies on himself. He wanted to make sure that Marco was taken care of. "Hey, Marco. It's alright. I'll let you use my first aid kit, okay?" He said with a kind smile and then he thought about his other supplies for a few moments. "I can also give you some food and water. I can't let you starve and be untreated. I want to help you out."

Adonis perked up at the mention of a game plan and he wanted to tell them about being in a group with Myles and Angie. That they were planning to look for other people that they wanted to find and still looking for Myles' belongings. It had been a bit frustrating that they hadn't been able to find anything of Myles' yet. It felt like they had been on a wild goose chase.

Should he tell them about his weapon?

No, no. That was something that he still wanted to keep secret. For now.

"Well, I'm actually in a group with Angie and Myles and we were planning to look for people that we wanted to find." Adonis said, looking back and forth between Marco and Catherine and he was wondering if they would like to join the group as well. "Would you two like to come with me? Stay with the group? Unless you both want to go off on your own...?"
[+] V7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Catherine didn't have any plans, that was fair, there wasn't anything wrong with that, this early. Adonis was all about finding his friends, and Marco could respect that. Marco was about finding his "friends" too, but Adonis probably wouldn't like that. Marco wanted to go with Adonis but...

"I dunno…" Marco got up from the ground and brushed his hands through his hair, before pulling off some strands of tape still stuck to his clothes. "Anyone seen my glasses anywhere? They uhm, they got knocked off in that scuffle." Marco wiped his good eye, he didn't dare bring his hand anywhere near his bad one. "I uhhh… I appreciate the offer, but..."

"Well, we all woke up on the yacht. Kelly fell off and swam away, so me and Arjen tried to find her to give her shit back. We got here, before I got jumped. Arjen didn't do shit to warn me, and literally gave up all of our gear so he could run away." Marco turned around to look at Catherine and Adonis. "He came back. Not to help me, but to blame me for it, then brag how I was tied up and that it was my own fault." He tongued the inside of his cheek, clicking his teeth. "You guys probably saw him on your way up here. He wasn't gone too long before you two showed up."

"He still has his sword, you know."

Marco paused, as if staring off into nothing. For a good five seconds, he looked blank. "We only need one, if we wanna get off this island. Only one... There's at least three people who I'm more than justified to make mine, and uhh… Arjen's the closest." He looked at Catherine who still had his shiv. "I'd really like my shiv back, please."

"I'll only be ten minutes. Tops."

Return to “The Cliff”