Waking From One Nightmare into Another

The infirmary is the second-largest building in the village, bigger than any of the houses but smaller than the commissary. Like all of them, it is constructed from wooden boards, but is painted bright red. The interior of the infirmary is set out much as one would expect. There is a smaller entrance and reception area and beyond that is a larger room with a collection of six beds, all with bedding present. At the back of this room is a storeroom that once would have contained a collection of medical equipment kept on wooden shelving, although all the equipment and medicine has been removed.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Pointed t' himself.

Index finger circled the rest a' the group one by one.

Fists up 'bout a foot apart, index fingers popped up 'fore both tilted t' the left.

Fists collapsed together, thumbs up, pulled in close on his left side then circled in a loop in front of him 'fore pulling in on his right, back t' center.

Raised an eyebrow.

Waited.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

“Yeah, that sounds good,” Ned calmly answered Violet.

He ran his fingers through his hair. His shoulders slumped when he brought his arms down. They felt like they were holding a barbell had 200 pound weights attached to both ends. He questioned what he had said to the group beforehand. Were they really all okay? After what had happened, maybe they were okay physically but not mentally. Their mortality was put in jeopardy mere minutes ago, no one wouldn’t be okay after that.

Ned’s thoughts went to his family back home. Were they watching him through the cameras planted all over this island? If they were, they’re definitely devastated by the scene that had transpired. Their anxiety is through the roof over the fact Ned was almost shot.

Ned looked out the door to the hallway and looked back and forth from the entrance to the storeroom. Tirzah was definitely gone, thankfully. Ned look over towards the reception area and noticed one of the cameras at the main desk.

“Hey, I’ll be right back,” Ned said to the group, “I’m gonna go deliver a message. Maybe keep a lookout while I’m at it.”

Ned slung the duffel bag strap onto his shoulder and exited the bed area towards the desk.
[+] V7
Mains
Image B018: Ned Jackson- That’s All Folks
Image G039: Yuki Hayashibara- Family is Forever
Image B034: Zachary Beck- Guess I’ll Die
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Just make sure to be safe out there, Ned." She heard herself saying as he was walking out of the room and now she was in a silent room with Jeremiah and Aurelien. She honestly couldn't think of what to say to either of them.

Violet felt a sense of calm coming over her after a minute or so and her heartbeat felt like it was going back to a normal beat. So she should be alright for now. But still, having someone actually shooting at them was just a thought that she never really imagined happening. Now she had to accept it. She had to accept that friends would turn on each other. Like Tirzah had on Aurelien. This meant that Violet had to be more cautious and not so willing to trust people.

Violet realized that she was more or less hugging the rifle close to her chest and she blinked in bewilderment. She didn't have the best hold on the weapon and it was still giving her an uneasy feeling. Still, Ned had given it to her and she was going to make sure to take care of it as best as she could. She didn't have a clue about guns, but she knew that there was someone out there who could tell her about how to handle it. Maybe? The only people that she could think of was Beryl and Faith. Should she try to look for them first Before looking for her friends? Or Princess?

Violet let out a soft sigh.

She would have to figure it out. She had to. She couldn't let her guard down too much. Trying to play the pacifist here was not going to work. Tirzah was a good example of not being talked down in a civil way. If she saw Tirzah again outside; Violet knew that she would have to raise her weapon against her and....

Violet felt a wave of dread taking over her thoughts. She didn't want to think about it. Not at all.

Violet raised her head to look up at one of the cameras up in the corner of the room and she frowned. She didn't have to say anything. Frowning was all that she need to express how she was feeling. She was feeling more on the inside but she didn't want to show a weaker side. She needed to have a stronger front for the others with her.

She couldn't be weak and vulnerable. She needed to be someone that they could rely on to have their backs.

Violet realized that Ned had mentioned a lookout and she knew that that had to be her. She gave a nod to the other two before turning on her heel and she stepped out of the room, standing in the hallway. She glanced towards where Ned was heading and she moved to stand at an angle so that she could have both a focus on Ned and the entrance. She was now trying to hold the gun in a better position and she wondered if she should have given it to one of the other boys. Well, it was too late now. She couldn't complain about it.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Nothin'.

Shoulders sagged.

Sat down with his back to Violet.

Stared at the door.

Muscles ached. Broke too much. Weren't helpin' much, let the steam out for a minute but it came right back. 'sposed that might be why he never got in the habit back home. Weren't no harm in tryin' it here.

Thought 'bout Andy. Rhonda. Garnet. Thought 'bout teams and stickin' together. Did okay back home. Here was different.

Stared at the door.

Blinked.

Could wait. What for, dunno. Kinda felt invisible. Not knew. Folks either stared or tried t' look anywhere else. Same thing said and done, liked the second one better though. When nobody will look at you, disappearin's real simple.

((Jeremiah Anderson Continued In Rigor Samsa))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Ned stared at the camera. He pondered what to say, twiddling his fingers as he did. He looked over at the entrance to see if anyone was outside. He didn’t see anyone. Which was good because he didn’t want to be interrupted. He cleared his throat just before he spoke.

“Hey there,” Ned began, “if anyone is watching, I’m Ned. Ned Jackson. This message goes out to my mom, my dad, and my brother Kurt.”

Ned closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He opened them back up and exhaled.

“Mom, Dad, Kurt,” he began again, “I don’t know if I’m ever going to get back home. In case anything happens to me, I want you all to know that I love and miss you all.”

Ned voice cracked a little at that last part. Fighting back the tears, he continued.

“Kurt, if you’re listening, you’re the best brother I could have ever ask for. I hope you have a successful career and I wanna thank you for all the good times we had. I would have left you my Switch, but they took it.”

Ned sniffled.

“Mom, you take care of those kids you’re teaching. Make sure they don’t give you anymore grief. And Dad, thanks for teaching me the value of a dollar. You’re the smartest man I have ever known. I want both of you to be strong.”

Ned wiped his teary eyes and runny nose.

“I’m not sure what I’m gonna do at this point. Maybe I’ll try to talk to others and try to end things peacefully. I’m sure this isn’t guaranteed to work, but that’s how I wanna go about this. I refuse to play this game the way they intended!”

Ned raised his fist above his head.

“If I’m gonna die, I’ll do it with principle!”

He lowered his fist and took another breath. He looked at the camera with misty eyes.

“That’s all I gotta say. Goodbye, everyone.”

Ned turned and looked over and noticed Violet standing there. He had a surprised look on his face.

“Oh, hey Violet.”
[+] V7
Mains
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Violet had remained quiet while Ned had been talking to his family and she wondered how her family was going to handle things without her. Violet honestly thought that there were things that she should say to them as well, right? But she didn't have the heart to take away Ned's special moment and all she could do was watch him with a sad smile on her face. Then he turned and saw her there, looking surprised to see her. Oh, he must have thought that she would not have followed after him.

"Hey, Ned. I just wanted to make sure that you were safe out here on your own. I just felt worried that someone would have shown up and.... and hurt you." Violet said, felt a bit red in the face for watching him the whole time and she was trying to give him an apologetic smile for her invading on his conversation that seemed like it was more for himself and his family. "I'm sorry for listening in on your conversation to your family. I... I thought it was sweet of you to get them a message. You're such a good person, Ned. Don't even let them take that from you here. Please?"

She then looked back towards the hallway where Aurelien and Jeremiah were in one of the rooms and she glanced back at Ned. She had to do something for them right now. She had to double-check that they were all going to be safe there.

"Ned, could you go back to the other two and make sure to keep an eye on them for me?" She asked politely and she moved the gun off to the side of her left side. "I think that I should have a look around to make sure that no one else is around. Also, I could see if there is anything useful in the other rooms. I mean, there might be nothing. But it wouldn't hurt to check, right?"
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Ryuki

Post by Ryuki »

Ned’s cheeks blushed at Violet’s kind words. They gave him a slight burst of motivation and determination.

“Thanks”, Ned said, slightly embarrassed, “I won’t let them change me.”

Violet then asked for Ned to keep an eye on Aurelien and Jeremiah.

“Sure thing,” Ned answered, “be careful.”

Ned walked past Violet towards the room of beds. He turned back to Violet briefly.

“Hey, once we’re done here,” Ned began, “let’s find your girlfriend together. And the rest of our friends. I’m sure we can do something.”

He turned back towards the room where the two other guys were. Or one guy was. Mysteriously, Jeremiah had disappeared. How could they not notice a tall, blue boy like him leave? Did he sneak out the window?

“Uh, where’s Jeremiah?”, Ned asked Aurelien.
[+] V7
Mains
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Violet felt a sense of warm inside of her as Ned was talking to her and she felt herself smiling more genuine, thinking that she was lucky to find such a sweet person. She knew that she would have to worry about how things might affect Ned in the future. "Yes, let's do that, Ned." She said with a quick nod of her head and she bit her lower lip slightly, to stop Ned from seeing it quiver. "Thank you."

She then turned away from him with a more determined look in her eyes and her smile stayed on her face as she took steps forward into another area of the infirmary. Everything was going to be okay for them. Aurelien was going to be okay, Jeremiah was going to be okay, Ned was going to be okay and she was going to be okay. Their group was going to be able to find Princess and their other friends. She just hoped that Princess would wait for her to find her.

It was starting to get darker and there was a sunset out there. Violet was in one of the rooms that was pretty far away from the boys on the opposite side of the building and she was making sure that there was nothing that could be useful for them to use. Nothing. Which was a sad waste to her and she knew that this meant she had to go back without anything good to use. But at least she could tell them that there was no one dangerous around. She had a bit of good news and she hoped that Jeremiah and Aurelien were ready to move soon.

"We could definitely work as a group. I know we can." Violet murmured softly to herself as she glanced over at a camera that was in one of the corner and she stared down at the rifle in her hands. "I definitely need to learn how to use this. So I need to make sure that I can find Beryl or Faith out there. I hope that they are safe too."

All but one will die. I have to remember that.

Violet let out a soft sigh and made her way back into the hallway. It was so quiet and she didn't know if there was a good thing or a bad thing. It was putting her on edge a little. So she took a moment to just listen. She felt like she was waiting for something. But what? She didn't know the answer.
[+] V7
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Quinn continued from Shoegazing))

Once she'd gained what she judged to be sufficient distance from the shoe tree and the shotgun girl, Quinn stopped running. That hadn't gone to plan. Close. Close to plan, but not quite. She really shouldn't have procrastinated for all that time, whittled away to figuring out whether Katelynne was armed and trying to pick the right moment. Had she gone ahead and followed through in the woods, then no shotgun would have come into play and she could have had some privacy with Katelynne. Oh well. The tree of shoes had felt like a good location and a good opportunity to proceed with a few of the other things she'd had in mind. There wouldn't have been the same effect—or much likelihood of subsequent discovery⁠—in a random trail in the middle of the woods. Quinn suspected that Katelynne would live, and that stole away some of the breathtaking exhilaration she felt at what she'd done.

Practical considerations first, though. There was no guarantee the shotgun girl and the other one hadn't decided to follow her, so she couldn't stay halted forever. Delving into her bag, Quinn retrieved map and compass, reshouldered it, and then set off walking again, studying the directions. Soon enough, some orienteering had let Quinn figure out that her route was taking her towards the more built-up part of the island. That was fine, she decided as she stowed away the map again. The woods were getting boring anyway. The risk was probably higher, since people would naturally gravitate towards shelter, but alternate paths were too in-line with her point of departure; she could be cut off. Besides, people were the name of the game in the first instance.

Quinn walked for some time, idly snapping off small branches from trees as she passed. Her hands busied themselves, snapping off smaller twigs, peeling bits of bark off, sometimes snapping the whole piece in half. Some of the scraps she discarded, others, she held onto if they felt sturdy. The straps of her daypack and knapsack were beginning to dig into her shoulders and she considered repacking, perhaps decanting what was in her smaller bag into the larger one, though having both was useful for organisation. Fatigue would add up over the days and weeks on this island, and small adjustments could lead to improvements incremental at first, but paying large dividends⁠—or penalties⁠—over time. As she was mulling it over, Quinn broke the thinning treeline and found she was now in the village. Immediately she crouched down, looking out across the area for any sign of others.

She waited there a while, sitting and watching, taking a moment to eat a little food. A few students went by in the distance. Dusk began to fall and, even as she finally tugged her hoodie up and zipped it, a chill began to settle in. Time to make a move. Quinn was reluctant to entertain the idea of sleeping indoors, but getting good rest came back around to what she was thinking about earlier. Danger and paranoia would make good sleep increasingly difficult to come by, and the risk would be lowest on this first night. She resumed walking, circling around the outskirts, never straying too far from the safety of the trees. One of the buildings was painted red, suggesting it was highlighted for a purpose, and she made that her first goal. A moment to focus, and she stepped away from the trees and walked towards the building. Nobody stopped her or called out, and she reached the doors without incident.

Quinn opened them and slid inside the darkened building, squinting to adjust to the growing gloom. The entryway seemed deserted. She glanced left, then right⁠—and saw someone silhouetted in dim light. Armed. For crying out loud.

She stepped back against the door.

"Hello?"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Violet was still glancing around for a few seconds and she let out an tired breath of relief, thinking that she could relax for the time being. Then she heard footsteps coming from where the entrance was to her left and pretty much realized that she couldn't even relax for even a while. How could she be so wrong about this? How could she not know that someone would be coming here to seek shelter? Or was someone looking for someone else to kill? Violet knew that she couldn't let her guard down right now. She had to make sure that this person wasn't going to be a danger to her or the boys. The boys.... She.... She had to protect them!

She raised the gun up in the direction of the entrance and she was pretending that she knew what she was doing. She was hoping that she could scared whoever it was away from the building. But what if it was Princess? She was dearly hoping that it was not her. Violet didn't want to accidentally shot her or something like lethal like that. She then waited to see who it was. She was tensing up a little.

She saw that it was a girl for a brief moment and she couldn't really see who it was in the dim lit area, trying to make her eyes adjust more to the dark and the weak light. The girl then basically backed out of her view and Violet felt the tension starting to leave her body. It was not Princess. She felt somewhat relieved and disappointed about that at the same time.

Violet's eyes widened in surprise. She had heard a voice. It seemed like that girl was not leaving and Violet's alarm bells were ringing in her head. She kept the gun as steady as she could and she did not look away from where she had heard the girl's voice. She had to speak out herself, otherwise this person was not going to leave and she didn't want the girl to know about the others being there.

"Who's there?!" She called out in a tough-sounding voice and she was trying to not let her voice break. "Whoever you are, I think that you should leave!"
[+] V7
Namira

Post by Namira »

The voice from the darkness was almost enough to send Quinn skittering straight back outside to try another spot. She wasn't much interested in being shot at again and realistically she only needed to be unlucky once. Nothing was to say that the person lurking in the corridor wasn't a crack shot who'd put one square in her forehead sooner than she could blink.

She didn't flee though. The girl whose voice Quinn didn't recognise started out with a warning—not even, a demand—which meant she wasn't playing for keeps. If she was truly ready to shoot, the first thing out of her mouth would have been on the lines of 'get lost or I blow your head off', or no words at all, just gunfire. Quinn had a window. Quinn had an opportunity.

"It's Quinn," she said, raising her hands towards the girl, demonstrating they were empty. "Varsity basketball?" There was still no court here, but this girl hadn't been talking to herself, so.

"I'm just looking for a place to rest. I've had a long day. Someone shot at me."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Quinn.... Oh, I think I remember someone actually having the first name of my surname. I guess she was a sporty girl after all. Strangely all I could think of was that rainbow-haired girl. What was her name? Forrest. Yes, her! But this girl was not her at all. I didn't really know this Quinn at all. So I have to keep my guard up. Right? I can't tell her about the boys in the other direction. I can't if she proves to be a dangerous person. I have to question her.

"I'm sorry, Quinn. I'm really sorry to hear that someone shot at you. I just can't let my guard down right now." Violet said calmly, keeping her gun focused on Quinn who seemed to be out in the open with her hands up and Violet could just about see that her hands were empty. It didn't mean anything. She could still be a threat even without a weapon. "You see, I also got shot at by someone. Tirzah. She just did it without being provoked and I couldn't understand why."

Violet was feeling good about not mentioning the boys. She pretty much had told Quinn a half-truth and a half-lie. Violet was normally not the type of person who would tell a lie, but sometimes she knew that she had to do it for a reason. That reason was simple. She really didn't trust Quinn one bit. Why should she trust this girl so easily? Maybe she was being unfair right now. But Violet was willing to do the hard choice if she had to.

"Violet. It's Violet Quinn." She said, pausing for a moment of silence and she was staying where she was. She didn't want to get too close to Quinn. Not yet. "Are you willing to tell me who shot at you? I mean, you don't have to, but...."

Violet left her words hanging in the air.
[+] V7
Namira

Post by Namira »

The response probably thought that it was cagey, but it said plenty. She was already letting her guard down by not forcing through on her demands for Quinn to leave and then by volunteering further information. At that point, this went from being Quinn held at gunpoint to a conversation where one participant happened to have a gun. Certainly not ideal, however; just as with Yuka earlier today, it would take very little time or effort to raise the weapon and fire. Quinn kept her eyes locked on the shadowed figure, straining for any sign of aggressive movement.

None came. Instead, it was an introduction, then an enquiry about the story she'd given. Violet asked for a name and Quinn realised that she didn't have one. It was just shotgun girl to her. For some reason her first instinct was to laugh. What a great way to come off like a liar when she was actually telling the truth, and in the most typical possible way, not knowing who it actually was.

But wait, no, she could work with that. Nervous laughter was authentic, an understandable reaction. Be awkward, be a little weird. That sold her much better than total calm.

She let herself laugh, just a little. "Sorry, I'm sorry. I just—I just realised that I don't actually know who she was," she paused, then picked up the thread, thinking about how her teammates talked in regular situations. "And I suppose it just kind of came to me like, wow, guess this is what you get for being such a loner," Quinn laughed again, rubbed a wrist against her eye, like she was blinking back tears. "Sorry."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Violet was a bit on edge as the girl started to laugh and then Violet realized that it sounded more like nervous laughter than being hysterical laughter. Well, if Quinn had been really shot at by someone, then Violet wasn't helping matters by pointing a gun at the girl herself. But Violet had wanted to be more safe than sorry. She didn't even know that her hands were shaking slightly with their grip on the rifle. She guessed that she was really more scared than she realized. This wasn't like a horror movie where the character dies and then behind the scenes, the character's actor is absolutely fine and dandy. This.... This was real life.

Violet listened to Quinn talking to her and Violet couldn't help but sympathise with her a little. It's a bit odd to think about someone who could be a lonely and an unsociable person in sports as they were normally the most popular ones. Them and the rich kids, of course. Violet knew what it was like to not have that many friends in her life because of how quiet she was and how she looked. Being a Goth was like that for her and most people thought she was a weirdo or a freak of the darkness. Although, she didn't really follow up on things like the occult. But anyway, that didn't seem like it honestly mattered and she needed to continue to keep an eye on Quinn. Just in case the girl would try to make some kind of foolish move.

"It must have been a scary experience for you. You don't have to apologize to me. It wasn't your fault. Being shot at by someone is definitely not something we both would have expected to happen to us. Right?" Violet asked in a more sincere tone of voice as she lowered the gun slightly so that it was more or less pointing at Quinn's torso and Violet then took one careful step forward. "I'm taking it that you didn't get hurt at all. Did you?"

She knew that she should have to get Quinn to possibly leave soon. Or maybe she could make her stay in one of the rooms that was the furthest away from the boys? In any case, she didn't think that the group could take on another person. Maybe Quinn would want to go on her own in the morning. Violet didn't know.
[+] V7
Namira

Post by Namira »

Lowered, but not all the way. Violet's words were sympathetic enough but Quinn wasn't going to be completely comfortable until the weapon was completely removed from the danger area, to whit, pointed at Quinn in any way shape or form. Acting as if there was no threat, reeling her in inch by inch, and then putting a bullet in her head as soon as she was close enough not to miss, that could easily be Violet's play here.

Quinn didn't try too hard to avoid showing tension. For one thing, it was dark, for another, she had a perfectly valid reason to be tense.

"I'm fine, more or less," Quinn slumped her shoulders. "I'd just like to go to sleep," in a fit of inspiration, she added. "Maybe I'll wake up and this'll have all turned out to have been a nightmare," she took a slow, cautious step, then another. "Please don't kick me out."

Return to “Infirmary”