dear army guys come quik there are terrorists- roxie

Greynolds came inside my house. ): (Open!)

Found in the center of a clearing in the woods is a lone tree with hundreds of shoes hanging or nailed to it. It is unknown who put the first collection of shoes on the tree, but it was thought to be in protest of some aspect of life on the island. Originally going untouched due to the anger of the leaders of the island's community, over time people started to add their own shoes to the tree until it became what is is now.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Oh no. It was way worse than they thought.

Roxie thought it was like, the knockout gas or stress or something. But Nona was clearly in denial, and now it was their job to get her back up to speed and… y’know. Help her get to terms with what’s going on. It didn’t help she was crying.

She sucked in a breath as Kayla tried to explain the situation. Roxie thought a bit of what to say.

“Look. We know, it’s a lot, but… someone kidnapped us and took us here.”

Maybe it was good to give her info piece-by-piece. The whole “YOU ARE ON DEATH ISLAND AND MUST KILL AND DIE” thing was a lot to take in the first time, maybe a more bite-sized version of it was better.

Roxie bit her lower lip for a moment.

“Do you want to sit down? Kayla has the only actual seat that I know of, but…”
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Of course she knew the truth. They had all been there. As long as she kept it couched in vague terms, though, it was fine. It was hypothetical. Something to be faced another time, any other time but now. They didn't know there wasn't a bus further on past the clearing. Their teachers could all be waiting for them just out of sight through the trees. This could be some forest anywhere between DC and Chattanooga for all they knew. No one had hurt them. She clung to that as tight as she could, because if she let go of it-

Even when her attention was pulled to Kayla's neck her eyes nervously danced around getting too close. Glimpses of something metal. The fragments that might be a scream. Black and white droplets dripping to the floor. Heaviness, so much engulfing heaviness. Finger tips traced above her neck, first just below her chin and then under her hoodie across her collar bone. Never between, and never close enough to touch. A nail grazed her neck and her hand jerked away as if it had been shocked. Other images flashed through her mind. Screaming. Scratching. Sobbing. A glimpse of metal. Tattered green, faint red, smeared black and gold and glitter.

Two weeks. Two weeks was still too soon. She knew with too fresh clarity what happened when an inescapable truth caught up to her.

Nona realized she'd been rubbing her left arm. Her hand jerked away again, curled into a fist tight enough to dig her nails into her palm. Good. Another point to distract herself with.

She hadn't responded to them, or stopped crying. The only recognition the pair received was the twitching of her smile. "I think," she started slowly, "you must be confused. Did you, um..." Her fist lifted and extended two fingers to her lips in pantomime. What might have been an awkward joke under better circumstances came off stiff and sluggish, as if something outside of her were forcing her body into position against her resistance. "I won't tell anybody, promise, but it's not safe. What if they called up a search and you got caught?"
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

This was wrong, absolutely messed up. Kayla had been ready to face up to all kinds of things, even the possibility that people she knew would take a swing at her, but nothing had prepared her for the possibility of someone having a mental breakdown. She wanted to be sympathetic, to try to coax Nona back to reality, but as the conversation wore on, it became clear that nothing she was saying was getting through, that Nona was so willing to deny what was in front of her face that she was accusing KAYLA of being drunk. Sympathy soon gave way to anger, and she just rubbed her temples in frustration.

Fine, if Nona wanted to play a game, then Kayla was done trying to debate it. "Right, whatever," she sighed. "Take a seat and have some pocky. Not like there's anything else we can do while waiting for the 'bus.'"

She passed her box of snacks forward, albeit in a humorless way. She'd done her requisite service to straighten Nona out, and nothing she said had stuck in any appreciable way, so she figured it was time to just fold early and cut her losses. If Nona wanted to wake up to the danger she was in, she'd have to do it on her own.

"So Roxie," she asked, changing the subject, "what was that thing you wanted to talk about?" If Nona wanted to pretend that nothing was wrong, then Kayla might as well act that way. Once people were taking potshots at Nona, then she'd have to own up to the danger she was in. Or...she'd die. Either way, it was out of Kayla's hands, and she might as well enjoy the downtime before the 'bus' arrived.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Breaking through to Nona was going to be difficult. She seemed to think that they were on something, or that they were joking around. Anything to prevent the truth of what was going on. What’s worse was that Kayla was getting frustrated with it.

Roxie frowned a bit more.

“I think I might have snacks in my bag too, actually,” she said. “I could check stuff out?”

Another breath.

Talking about this stuff with Kayla alone was difficult enough already. Talking about it with a clearly distressed, possibly robbed, and in denial Nona there too? It was a minefield.

How do you even talk about this delicately to begin with?

“So… quick question.”

Take another breath. Think of the best way to phrase it.

“Have you ever… y’know, thought of where you want to be in life when it’s over? Like, even before this.”

Maybe she should stop. Deal with the Nona situation a bit more. Or--

“Dunno. I’ve just been thinking since I woke up, and I’ve been thinking about what time we have.”

They were probably going to die. That was a reality. She usually dealt with fake, fun horror, but real life horror? Of course she knew about it. Being on SOTF was usually a death sentence in some form or another. So realistically, they had to have a convo like this at some point.

But Roxie had to look at Nona a bit more, checking for her reaction. Maybe she should change the course of conversation very, very, very soon. Even if it was kind of an important convo, it was the kind of thing you needed to tread carefully with even if Nona was feeling okay.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Kayla was getting frustrated with her. It wasn't her fault. She wasn't trying to get them in trouble or anything, they just had to think about the consequences if they were going to be engaging in that kind of behavior on a school trip. The school trip. They need to behave on the school trip. Graduation may have passed but all sorts of things happened with social media these days, if they caused enough of an incident they could lose scholarships or have their enrollment rescinded, they could blow up over the internet and have their intoxicated exploits be the first and only relevant thing any future employer saw. It was probably one of the worst things that could happen to them. Yes. That. That was the worst thing. Nothing more.

Nona wasn't here to lecture them. Roxie might listen to her, but Kayla seemed so sour, and she didn't want the confrontation. She sat in the chair as ordered and tried to snack on the...pokey? She didn't remember what it was called. It didn't taste much of anything. "I have some snacks too, I think..." The Doritos were still in the extra bag she'd woken up with, she tore them open to share. They didn't taste much of anything either. All of it bled into an unpleasant, bitter aftertaste at the back of her throat. Her heart was pounding. The crying had stopped but her body wasn't calming down. If anything she could feel herself growing more and more on edge.

Her fingers dug into her palm harder.

Roxie's question pulled her attention back. Her family had never really been all that religious. Well, that wasn't true. Her parents went to church every Sunday and usually expected her to go too, her mom even sang in the choir. It wasn't something they talked about though. It was just there. Nona didn't like to think about it much. Life was already scary enough without having to worry about what happened afterwards. There were times when she'd be staring into her screen for no particular reason at 5 AM, though, and she couldn't keep the questions out of her head. There'd been some reading here and there but nothing had satisfied her. "I guess I sort of hoped," she started without thinking, "that it's something we can't imagine. Like, beyond our comprehension. Why be here at all if it wasn't, you know, transformative? If there was a better version of the world we can understand, it'd be cruel to make us go through all this, right? If it's right there, why are we here? What's the point of making us suffer?"

Nona realized three things near simultaneously.

First, her hand was scratching nervously at her left arm again, hard enough that she could feel her nails through the fabric.

Second, she was standing up. The chair had been knocked over. It must have been sudden.

Third, somewhere in her rant her voice had gotten very high. Her breathing was ragged. She might have forgotten to breathe the entire time.

Oh no. She was making a scene. How rude.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

When Nona had taken the seat, Kayla had leaned next to the tree, scratching her chin as Roxie asked them her question about life after life was over. She had to admit, she'd never given the thought of the afterlife much thought. She'd never been religious, and the idea of reincarnation or karma hadn't really interested her that much. Fact was, all she was interested in was living the best life that she could and spending each day in constant self-improvement. Wasn't any such thing as heaven or whatever, just make do with the time you have.

She was ready to waffle on this one, to just give some kind of non-committal answer, when to her surprise, Nona was the one who chimed in. At first it seemed normal, like she was still in her fantasy wonderland, but as she went on, her voice began to rise, and without warning, she'd suddenly jumped to her feet, knocking the chair on its back, as she screamed out the last of her argument, almost clawing at her arm as she did so.

"Shit..." she breathed out. Wherever Nona had been before, fantasyland was slowly crumbling away and warping into something far, far worse. What could Kayla do about this? She wasn't snapping and harming anyone or herself, but what if something shifted? What if, in her delusions, she ended up harming somebody? Maybe she should...

Kayla shook her head, banishing those thoughts. No, she couldn't assume like that. Nona hadn't hurt anyone yet. For now, they just needed to ease her as much as possible.

"Well..." she said, trying to keep the panic out of her voice, "I don't think we should worry about what's beyond. What's important is just helping others and appreciating every day like it was our last." She winced at those last words. They'd come out without thinking, but for better or worse, that was where her mind was right now. She didn't know how long she had. A week? Maybe not even that. Some psycho jock could come out of the trees and blow them away right here and now. All that she could comfort herself with was the idea that she had lived a good life, that she'd been a good friend, and that she'd never stopped getting better at something.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Roxie’s eyes flicked wide as Nona began rambling and clawing at herself and standing up. She moved from her position at the tree, a bit closer to Nona.

“Hey, hey. Take a breath. Breathe.”

Yeah, maybe she should have been a bit more careful, like she thought. It seemed to have sparked something in Nona, and, while she was coming slightly closer to snapping out of denial, it wasn’t an easy ride.

Roxie took another breath.

Then.

“You know… I kind of agree with Kayla. It makes the most sense that we do the best with what we have, right? Like, that’s what I’ve been thinking about. We should… we should just live our best lives for as long as possible. None of us know what’s going to happen, and…”

Nona. Remember Nona. Make sure she’s breathing, and that she’s going to calm down.

But also remember it could be a few hours. It could be the next day. It could be a week.

“We should just make the best of the situation as much as we can, right? ”

She smiled a little. It was small, but there.

It made sense, didn’t it? Not give in to fear, but try to spend those last few days as peacefully as possible.

Roxie just remembered.

“Oh, um, do you guys like veggie chips?”

She did have snacks in her bag.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Apologize. Sit down. Don't speak unless spoken to and don't look at anyone. That's what she would do. She'd made enough of a fuss already. Kayla and Roxie were trying to have a normal conversation, and she couldn't look at them anymore. Her eyes were fixed on the fallen chair. It needed to be picked up, but it was taking all of her concentration not to pick at her arm more.

"What can we do?"

Who said that?

She said that?

No, that must have been a mistake. It didn't sound like her voice, and Nona wasn't ready to insert herself again, so it couldn't have been her. It must have been one of them, but that didn't sound right either. It was so close, or maybe it was very far away.

Where were they again? They wasn't right, they implied a unit but Nona didn't think she was in the same place Roxie and Kayla were. She could see it, but she wasn't there. She couldn't be. She didn't know why. It was just how things were.

"It sounds very nice," the not-quite Nona continued, "but what can we do while we wait to-"

Not-quite Nona stopped as if there was more to say but she couldn't. "Wait for the bus?" Yes. This could work. Her voice was steady. Indirect approach, that's what she needed. She could handle this. All she required was to be spoken to in code like a child. A helpless, stupid, inconvenient child.

The itch in her arm was moving downwards.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

Nona was scratching worse, not that Kayla could do anything about it. If she actually reached out and grabbed her arm, who knew how THAT would set her off. She was oddly focused on the chair though. What if she...

"Here, let me get that," she offered, and she set the chair back on its legs. Not that Nona seemed to have any plans of sitting down, but maybe it would put her mind at ease. They could work around this. They just needed to figure out what Nona's addled mind needed and get it for her. This could work.

"Well, if you ask me, while we're waiting, maybe we can search around, see if we can find food and water. They'll know where we've gone as long as we leave a...hmm..."

Rummaging through her bag, Kayla realized that her sketchbook that she used for designs had gone missing, along with all of her writing implements. She turned it over, dumping all her clothes out, but no, they'd taken all of her notetaking materials. Guess they were worried about naughty students passing notes. Seemed paranoid, but perhaps there'd been incidents in the past with kids scheming while the cameras weren't looking. And if that was the case...yes, they'd also taken her sewing supplies. No threading the answers into clothes either.

"Son of a..." she started packing her clothes back into her duffel while she turned to the others. "Roxie? Nona? Could you check your bags too? I think they took our pens and paper. Clever bastards..."

This was not good, not good at all. Any kind of escape plan hinged on being able to communicate outside of their watchful eye. She wouldn't put it past them to have installed microphones in these collars, maybe even tiny cameras, if they could swing that. She had no idea how advanced the tech was on these things, so all sorts of fancy spy gadgetry could potentially be in them. That was a worrisome thought.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

They took their pens and paper, too?

Roxie frowned. They were really that dedicated to making sure they weren’t “distracted,” weren’t they? Maybe they thought they’d use it to talk without the cameras overhearing, maybe it was something else.

Still. Roxie had her sketchbook full of ideas in there! Often in her downtime she’d draw monsters and various ideas for videos, just to get an idea of how things looked before she made it an actual thing. So not only did they take her phone, but they took her concept sketchbook. It was a silly thing to get upset about, sure, but… she wasn’t even allowed to look at what she drew, or to draw out anything else before the end.

Okay, she absolutely needed to check to make sure.

Roxie slowly knelt down, adjusting both legs for a moment, and unzipped her bag. Sure enough, right away she noticed things were missing. She remembered taking out her sketchbook to draw early into the bus ride, and she remembered putting it back, but it wasn’t there. Her pencil case, full of lead and colored pencils? Gone. It looked like they looked at her travel makeup kit too, as the black zip-up bag was left partially open haphazardly. She tossed out her sea salt veggie chips alongside what was left of her makeup kit, some clothes, her folding crutches, and a bottle of skin lotion. Yup, her phone was gone too.

“Yeah…” she said. “It looks like they did the same thing to me too. I guess they really liked my monster designs or something?”

She was smiling and she was cracking another joke, but she still felt weird. So, she couldn’t look at her past work before she died, and she couldn’t sketch something out either.

Breathe. Check up on Nona. She seemed distant, and still scratching at herself.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Nona wasn't sure she'd had anything to write with on her, but it was nice to have something to do. She knelt down to paw through the bags again. Her bags? They didn't look like anything she owned. One had an ugly painted on symbol, "GO66," and she'd thought it was a brand earlier but now she wasn't so sure. Kayla and Roxie's bags had similar tags, but different numbers. Maybe that was the style, but it made her uneasy for some reason. She focused on the contents instead, though they were equally confusing. Nona had never owned a compass or a first aid kit, and this wasn't a flashlight from home. Why would she have brought one anyway? Someone else must have packed, the same person who gave her this strange little booklet. She only caught a few words on the cover, ...Guide To Survival... before waving it towards Kayla. "E-excuse me! I'm not sure where this came from, but you could use it to write I guess?"

She tried to smile, that was helpful wasn't it? They didn't have anything to write with and she wasn't sure why they needed to in the first place, but if it made them happy with her it was fine. Searching through the bag kept her hands busy, so she didn't stop. There was a lot of food in here, and she didn't remember buying that either. Did she owe someone, or was it part of the fees they'd already paid for the trip? That would make sense, their teachers must have put this together before they went camping. Hadn't she done this already? When she first woke up she'd gone through both bags, she'd thought all of this before but she was afraid then very afraid pulse pounding eyes everywhere anyone could take from her anyone could hurt her they were all going to-

"I guess I underestimated when we were shopping." Her voice was unsteady. The distraction held though. Focus on that. It didn't have to make sense as long as it occupied her mind in the moment. "You all have a lot more food than me."
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

"Well, I packed a bit for myself," Kayla replied. "Looks like when they checked us for contraband, snacks were a-okay." She was trying hard to keep herself composed, to keep this dumb facade going, but she had to admit that a bit of panic was creeping up on the edges. Nona thrusting out this "survival" manual didn't help matters any. As if she'd ever follow anything in that...book.

They'd given them a book. A tiny booklet, not much bigger than a brochure, but the point was, they had given them paper.

Maybe they weren't as smart as they thought.

"I think I have my own copy of that book though," she said, her eyes lighting up but otherwise betraying nothing. She examined her own bag again. Sure enough, she had a tiny book of her own. Nothing to write with, and the margins weren't that wide, but the point was, they had something they could write in, if the opportunity arose. Also, if they found some kind of dye, or something they could use as paint, and if they could somehow pass it back and forth without arousing suspicions, and if they could find someone with a plan, and...

Okay, so there was still a long way to go with this, but nonetheless, there was a spark, a tiny ember of hope.

"Thanks for reminding me though, Nona," she said, flipping the scant pages. "I'd almost forgotten this was required reading." As expected, it was a bunch of nonsense about how to get farther in the game, and she couldn't give a crap about that, but if she didn't pretend to get some enjoyment out of it, it'd seem really weird that she'd pulled it out. There would be some moment, an opportunity for her to share her plan with Roxie, but she couldn't be hasty with this, not when the eyes of who knew how many bad guys were upon her.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

“You can have some to nosh if you want,” Roxie said, gently patting the bag of sea-salt veggie chips.

It was an unopened bag, but she had the brand before and they were delicious. Veggie chips were the kind of thing that sounded sorta gross at first, admittedly, but then you have some and yum. She knew she already offered, but, well, that offer was still on the table.

Maybe some food in general might help Nona a bit.

A “survival guide”? What on earth would be in there, the best murder methods? The ones Nona and Kayla had looked identical, with about as much paper as a brochure, so probably not that much info on it.

“Hm, I probably have the same thing too, then?” Roxie said thoughtfully.

She was still making her way through her stuff from before, see what was still available and what wasn’t. They definitely did rifle through her travel makeup kit. There was still stuff in there, but aside from the haphazard zipping it felt a little lighter.

Okay, she knew it was better to check if she had the guide too and probably other things, but she unzipped her makeup kit.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

There was something else buried in the bottom of Nona's bag. It stole sunlight to call for her attention, shining with menace and purpose. A thing of red leather and worn copper, stitched and screwed together in exquisite detail. The craftsmanship was enough to keep her staring, she could excuse herself with that, it was really amazing to look at. Not so large she couldn't wear it either. Was it hers? No, whatever it was she'd never owned anything like it. Vague memories of stuffing it down as deep as she could flitted away when she was drawn to the steel peeking out of a pile of energy bars just where the fingers would end. Abe. Abe must have hid it there when he stole her things, yes, that's what this was, some kind of weird prank. She shouldn't move the bars. Whatever was hidden should stay that way. If she fell for it she'd never be able to hide it from him on the way home. He'd tell all his friends, he must have so many, dozens and dozens filling the rows of the bus whispering about her the whole way back. They could be here now. They were here now. Their whole class watching for the big reveal. One last joke at her expense before they all abandoned her for the last time, they'd gotten everything they could out of her and she'd bee someone else's punchline now. Kayla and Roxie were probably in on it. Winding her up, making her vulnerable, acting so casual while they lured her right to this moment. That would explain why Kayla was getting so frustrated with her, and why Roxie kept trying to change the subject. It all lined up so perfectly with what she needed to feel right now.

Okay. Fine. Nona was going to make them look foolish instead. Kayla had even given her a perfect out.

The chair creaked as she settled back into it. "Required reading, huh?" Her tone was steady for the first time since she'd arrived. Bright and sweet like nothing in the world was wrong. "I missed out, I should get on that!" The paper crinkled as she unfolded it. One sentence near the end jumped out to her.
Danya's Guide To Survival wrote:There's always a weak link. Always someone who can't be trusted. Just because you aren't willing to do unto others, children, doesn't mean that others out there are so kind. This is a game about deceit.
Had they put all this together? It was so elaborate. Far, far too much effort for one person. Maybe Nona wasn't the only target. There were others who might fall for it, Kelly, Megan, Drew...she wouldn't put it past some of the crueler people in her class to do something like this to poor Nathan. Sick. Totally sick. She wanted to cry, but that's exactly what they expected out of her wasn't it? They weren't going to have the satisfaction. Not this time. Nona was tired of being everyone's punching bag.

Not so tired she was, um, going to do anything about it, but she wasn't going to play into it either. If the booklet was another attempt to scare her she wasn't going to let it pay off. Once she was finished she folded it back up and placed it in her lap before looking to Kayla and Roxie. "Ms. Prescott finds the strangest assignments." Roxie was searching for something, probably the next step of the plan. Well, Nona wouldn't be here to see it. With an exaggerated shiver she jumped out of the chair and stumbled over to her bags. "Excuse me, I forgot my tent, I'll be right back!" They didn't look like they had tents, and she probably didn't either. That wasn't so important, though. In her haste to get away from them, Nona stumbled off in a completely different direction than the one she'd come from.

((Nona Hart Continued In Something Better))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

When Nona made her exit, Kayla wanted to call her back, to tell she was making a mistake, to shake her until she actually listened to reason...but she didn’t. She had tried, God knows she had. She’d been truthful, she’d been coy, she’d been understanding...nothing worked. If after everything she’d done, Nona still refused to accept the truth, then the island could have her. Kayla would find a way home, with or without her.

Packing up her booklet back into her bag, she leaned back and let out a breath she didn’t know she’d been holding. She was so, so very tired. What was it, 10 in the morning? Felt like she’d had enough stress to last her all day. The pain in her temples had become a full-fledged headache and she realized how thirsty she was, taking a sip from one of her bottles.

“How are we going to do this, Roxie?” she asked, pinching her forehead. “This is just...shit, what even was that?”

She folded up her chair, determined to get moving shortly as well. Still, before she did, she wanted a frank opinion from someone who was ostensibly sane.

“We get stuck out here long enough, do you think we’re going to end up like that?” Man, she hoped not. If she went cuckoo, who knew what she could do with a folding chair? She didn’t want to think about it.

Return to “The Shoe Tree”