Be Still

'Soon enough you'll be on your own, steady and straight'

Here is where preparations or date arrangements for the dance can take place. Remember, tradition dictates it's ladies' choice! This forum covers events directly related to the dance from two days before the event until the start of the dance itself.
Riki

Post by Riki »

For the young maiden braved the turmoils of her battle and as such, the Lord rewarded her. Benjamin said yes. Benjamin said yes and she was happy. There was little interest she held in the bodies of men. Yet Benjamin was different. His flesh, too, not a thought on her mind, yet she loved his soul. She loved his soul, and she knew that he loved hers. He understood. He said yes.

She wished, in secret and without mention, that his choice of words would have been different. Yet Lucilly was not the judge, and as such judge she did not.

There was a 'thank you', a curtsies and a blush to end all blushes, for Lucilly was truly grateful. A task has been completed, and another ordeal shall soon be endured. Yet for the moment, there was another beast to wrangle, and that beast was the Fields household.

The children besieged the dust and rust of living, and as they finished the lower floor, a great craving came to Lucilly. For there was this great craving, she suggested they shall take on the kitchen next, and take it on they did.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Just a simple thank you, but she made it so. Well. Divine. Every little hint of her bountiful thanks in her body language, he had no choice but to see it. This was truly the power of the fairer sex. To make everything just better, somehow. Ben half bent into a curtsy himself before he realized that was stupid and not what he was supposed to be doing. He laughed. It was all irredeemably awkward and dorky, and he was totally happy with that fact.

They didn't need to speak for a bit. Fighting the home was the greater battle to be won.

But Ben would have been a liar if he didn't admit that he was thinking. A lot. Like, what was going to happen now? Where had her question come from in the first place? She'd always been there, but never with even a hint of something like this. Maybe it was rude to ask. Maybe he had to ask. Motive was always a factor, one that had to be established. Ben waited until they had moved rooms, finally wrangling the living room into something approaching decency. Sweep the tile, polish the tile, something or another about broccoli...

"So why'd you pick me? I guess I'm alright as far as guys go, but I never imagined you were all that into me." Seemed like a reasonable way to ask the question at hand. A rag furiously swiped at the handle of the fridge, chipped at the murk obscuring the door polish bit by bit. He nearly sent magnets of varying sentiments flying, focused as he was on Lucilly and her answer.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Riki

Post by Riki »

Why, he asked. Why, she asked too. Not to him, but to herself. A single question, urging her to find an answer to this juvenile urge that has plagued her for weeks and weeks. Yet, she has found an answer. A solution. A 'that's' to the 'why'. Lucilly believed she found one.

For a moment, Lucilly paused. The battle of the Fields house gave way to her pondering, and for a single moment she considered throwing the question back at Benjamin. Ah, but such insolence. For he had asked and she would answer. All she needed was some time. Some little time, and a few seconds for her to express her thoughts. To express her inner feelings in a package that was palatable to the young man to her side.

"The common school life has never been my forte," she said and added "for at least that is how I perceived it."

Lucilly looked Benjamin into his eyes, waiting a second more.

"Yet, as we pass the last pages of this chapter in our lives, I only wish to participate. Directly, actively, if only a single time." She could feel an awkward warmth rising within herself. Lucilly rubbed her cheek, as if petting to calm herself.

"What better chance is there than the Sadie Hawkins? What better person was there to ask than... you?"
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

He'd never considered Lucilly in the terms she framed herself. He'd never taken her at anything more than face value. What he saw was what he got, and all that. Well if she said it he wasn't going to contest the self-appraisal. Not his business to assume anything about the way she regarded her own high school life.

One day to indulge herself. And the honor was his.

It was melodramatic, but Ben was willing to play along. No way it wasn't pretty awesome, being the one she'd singled out. Subtle, gentle twists of body language with every pause she choose. The way she frailly carried herself in these moments looked good on her all things considered. Maybe she could have been a theater kid in a different life, or now. Second best time to plant a tree and all those wise things once said. Ben considered her with some soft feeling when she tried to hold his gaze. Took the edge out of his eyes, maybe. Swelling warmth up the chest.

"Alright, I see." Ben grinned, nodded. "Well rest assured, I'll do you justice. It's my duty at this point, isn't it?" Ben had lapsed for a moment in his more immediate duties, but he saw that there was an abandoned broom and rags near his hand and he started. "Sorry to interrupt the moment, but..." Back to work. Well, kind of. He wouldn't be that guy who just left a conversation awkwardly stalled. He smoothly worked out his thoughts vocally while his lithe back was half turned away. "Maybe we could do the shopping for Sadie stuff together? I'll need to buy a new dress shirt or something, I think I've grown out of my old ones. Much as I want to save money I also don't want to walk around Sadie with my love-handles on display..."

((Ben Fields continued in Heart of a Girl))
((Temporally continued in A Lazy Saturday))
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships

Return to “Before the Dance”