Yard Sard

Open

The area around Cochise High School is a quiet, sleepy place, composed almost entirely of small-to-medium-sized houses, with a couple apartment buildings on the far edges. The architecture of the area has a rustic feel to it, featuring lots of stucco and pastel colors, and many of the houses are extremely similar in floor plan due to being largely designed by one architect during a period of growth in the city, lending the area a feeling of sameness. The neighborhood exudes a friendly atmosphere between its twists and turns and tree-lined streets, and indeed the people in the area are known for their hospitality and welcoming nature to those around them, helping their neighbors out whenever necessary.
backslash

Post by backslash »

"Yeah, sure!" Mia's exuberance was sort of contagious, and Nathan barely took the time to mull her suggestion over before agreeing. "I've got dance practice after school most days, but we could grab an ice cream or something sometime!"

He deposited the money Mia handed him in the box they were using as an improvised cash register and ignored the sly, knowing look Michelle was giving him. Titan whined a bit as his new friends started to leave, but Nathan shushed him with some scratching behind the ears.

"You can let me know what you think of the books then, how about that?"
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

The implications of Nathan asking her out for ice cream were completely lost on Mia for the moment. She just smiled broadly at Nathan's suggestion, absentmindedly stroking Pepper's head thanks to the powers of suggestion.

"Sure, sounds great! I've got a pretty busy schedule too, uh, most days, but I'll make sure I find some time for that! And to read the books! Homework can wait a day, right?"

Mia grinned once more, before ruffling Pepper's head for a final time and patting his side.

"Alright, up you get, lazy butt! It's home time! I'll catch you later Nathan, hopefully soon!"

With one final wave goodbye, Mia strolled out of Nathan's yard, Pepper right beside her. The first thing she thought as she rounded the corner was that she really should have asked for a bag. It really wasn't easy carrying these books under her arm and trying to run.

The second thing was the sudden realisation of the potential meaning behind Nathan's offer, and Mia was left feeling very flustered and confused all the way home.

((Mia Rose continued in All in the Golden Afternoon))
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
backslash

Post by backslash »

Nathan spent the rest of the afternoon greeting the occasional neighbor who came to investigate the yard sale and fending off Michelle's teasing questions.

((Nathan Lovegrove continued elsewhere))
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

At some point in all that, Jane left.

((Jane Madison continued elsewhere - not much of a post, I know, but she's been in these two threads for months and I should get her moving!))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.

Return to “The Neighborhood”