A Most Worthy Quest

The area around Cochise High School is a quiet, sleepy place, composed almost entirely of small-to-medium-sized houses, with a couple apartment buildings on the far edges. The architecture of the area has a rustic feel to it, featuring lots of stucco and pastel colors, and many of the houses are extremely similar in floor plan due to being largely designed by one architect during a period of growth in the city, lending the area a feeling of sameness. The neighborhood exudes a friendly atmosphere between its twists and turns and tree-lined streets, and indeed the people in the area are known for their hospitality and welcoming nature to those around them, helping their neighbors out whenever necessary.
Grim Wolf

A Most Worthy Quest

Post by Grim Wolf »

(Lizzie Luz continued from Luz Interpretation.

Of course, as soon as she left the house, she took off the coat and folded it over one arm, because the morning was far hotter than she expected and she and Scarlett were both drenched in sweat.

And Lizzie was grinning.

She loved this feeling--the sauna-like sensation of heat nearly overwhelming her senses.  It made every exertion more sweet, made her muscles feel rubbery with potential tiredness.  She kept cheerfully correcting Scarlett's piss-poor Spanish as they walked.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

((Scarlett McAfee continued from Luz Interpretation))

Hot. It was really hot today. Scarlett has not expected it to be this hot at all. She waved her hand in front of her face, hoping to cool herself down a little. It wasn't really working. But at least she tried.

Scarlett took a quick glance to Lizzie who was beside her and she could see that she was grinning. How could Lizzie be smiling in this kind of heat? She wondered to herself. Oh, well. It wasn't that big of a deal.

At least they were having a laugh together. Lizzie was happily correcting her Spanish. Scarlett didn't realize that her Spanish was that bad. Especially if Lizzie had to correct it a lot. Scarlett should possibly make sure to study her Spanish more seriously. She made a note of it in her head to do so.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

"Oh, it's not that bad!" Lizzie cajoled, since Scarlett was starting to look a little down.  "It's just that you don't have practice.  Your tenses are all over the place.  It's like listening to a computer.  You don't have any nuance."  She paused, then added, "Also, maybe take what I say with a grain of salt, okay?  It's only my grandpa who speaks Spanish.  The rest of us learned from him."

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[/url]

V6

V5

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett nodded with a smile. "Sure. I just need to keep practicing. Right?" She was still fanning herself with her hand to keep herself cool. Then she thought of something. Maybe it wouldn't be the most greatest idea that she came up with. But it was still an idea nonetheless.

"Maybe I should ask you for lessons, Liz. I could use the help, you know. What do you think?" She beamed at her with a gentle smile. She really could use her friend's opinion on this.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Lessons?  Lizzie frowned.  "What, like tutoring?" she asked.  She felt suddenly very uncomfortable.  There was a reason she shied away from clubs and obligations.  They made her feel trapped and tethered, claustrophobic with all the places she couldn't do because someone made some new claim on her.

But Scarlett was her friend, and she didn't want to upset her.  "That's not really my bag, Lettie.  I don't mind...this."  She gestured between them and made a talking mouth with her right hand.  "Like, helping you practice?  That's fine.  But that would be, uh..."  She shrugged and felt lame and shamed.  "I don't even think I'd be any good."

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett could tell that Lizzie didn't look too pleased with her idea. In fact, she looked very uncomfortable. Whoops. Scarlett hadn't meant to make things very awkward between them. She had to take back her suggestion. If Lizzie didn't want to do it then it was fine with her. She wasn't going to pressure her friend to do something that she obviously didn't want to.

Scarlett cleared her throat and she waved a hand at Lizzie. "Oh, no. You don't have to tutor me if it makes you feel uncomfortable. It was a silly idea, I know." She scratched her cheek as they continued to walk side by side. "I don't want to pressure you into doing something that you don't want to. I just thought it would be fun if we gave it a shot. Maybe we can just practicing speaking Spanish instead of doing the whole tutoring thing. Would that be more better for you?"
[+] V7
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Lizzie smiled.  "That would be much more better, Lettie," she said.  "We can practice anytime."  She stretched, rolling her neck on her shoulders.  "You going to this dance thing?"

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett was relieved that Lizzie was happier to do it the other way. It would be less pressure for her friend. Practice at any time. Well, not right now. Since Lizzie had changed the subject to about the dance. Oh, the dance. Scarlett was definitely looking forward to that.

"Yes! I am definitely going!" Scarlett did a little bounce to show how excited she was. She didn't know if that was a bit embarrassing to do in front of Lizzie. But Scarlett could deal with it. "I don't know who I would go with, tho. What about you? Will you be going, Lizzie?"
[+] V7
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

"Hell yeah," Lizzie said.  "Chance to put the other foot on the...shoe..."  She trailed off, blinking.  "That ain't right," she muttered, scratching at her short hair.  "Shit."

She shook her head and said, "I dunno.  No one really springs to mind?  A lot of my guy friends already have people taking them.  I...think Junko's having some kinda anti-party?  Not sure what that means, but there's gonna be a bonnnnnnnfire!"  She half-sang the last word, grinning.  "Maybe I'll hit both.  Be anti-anti."  She nudged Lettie with a shoulder.  "How'sabout we ride stag together?  Hit both parties like boss bitches?"

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

In that moment as Lizzie was talking to her, Scarlett suddenly thought of someone that she could ask. Well, maybe. She wasn't sure about it yet. Maybe she should just tell Lizzie that she is planning on asking the guy to go with her. Although, she was fearful that she might get rejected. She really didn't want that to happen.

"Ooooh, I'm glad you will be going, Liz!" She was beaming brightly at Lizzie and she grinned more as her friend was nudging her. "An anti-party? With a bonfire? That actually sounds pretty cool. Maybe I will check it out and if I don't like it, I might just leave."

She looked serious for a few seconds and then she cleared her throat. "Sorry, Liz. I don't think I'll be going stag with you. I mean, someone came to my mind to ask to the dance. However, if he flat-out rejects me. Then I'll definitely go with you." She was showing Lizzie a sincere smile. She didn't want to tell Lizzie who she was planning on asking. She wanted it to be a surprise. "And no. It's not Danny. I've been avoiding him since the break-up."
[+] V7
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

"Oh."  Lizzie cleared her throat, studying her friend.  "Uh...yeah."

Christ, emotional issues like this made her feel twitchy.  She could feel the soles of her feet itching, her ankles aching with the urge to run.  How did you let yourself get trapped in-

No, no.  Focus.

"Yeah," she said again.  "You, uh...you doin' okay?"

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett gave Lizzie a small nod. Danny was in the past now. She should possibly stop avoiding him and ask him why the relationship ended between them. Maybe they could meet up somewhere and talk about it. Yes, she should at least find out the reason. She needed the truth even if it might hurt her again. She knew deep down that she was not fully over Danny. She didn't really want to discuss it with Lizzie. She was going to pretend that everything was okay. This was just a thing that she and Danny needed to talk about privately.

She showed Lizzie a more forceful smile. "I'm fine. I am completely over that guy." She was lying a little. But she didn't want to ruin the mood between her and Lizzie. That wouldn't be fair to Lizzie. "So.... Who do you think will be going to the dance?"
[+] V7
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Completely over?  That...that seemed like a lie.  Like a real lie.  Did you bring someone up when you were completely over them?  Didn't you just kinda forget about them?

But hey, if Lettie wanted to pretend things were okay, who was Lizzie to judge?

"I'd guess a lot of girls?" Lizzie said.  "Dunno."  They had made it into town proper now, winding their way through flat streets.  "We, uh...we close?"

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett nodded. "Yeah, we're not that far from my house now." She said to her as they continued to walk. "It's just down that road over there, Liz."

Then they continued to talk about many things. Yoga. The piano. The Dance. Many other things that were fun to talk about. Her mood was getting back onto the cheerier side and she was happy about that.

((Scarlett McAfee continued in Sadness Augmentation))
[+] V7

Return to “The Neighborhood”