The Rising Tide

'let's go outttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tonight'

The Strikeout Bowling Alley was built in the early 1980s, and it shows in its interior design. With its garish multicolored carpet and giant wall murals featuring old cartoon characters, for many the bowling alley is a profoundly uncool place to be, though for others it is nostalgic or ironically charming. As it stands, the Strikeout Bowling Alley is perfectly functional as a place to meet friends and hang out, and remains the best bowling option in Kingman. For those looking to make a whole evening of their visit, the alley has a bar area with ample seating that serves drinks and food, mostly appetizers or snacks. There is also a small corner including a few vintage arcade cabinets dating back to the same decade as the business' establishment, though the only real special thing about them is that they are still functional; none of the machines are particularly unique or rare.
Yugikun

The Rising Tide

Post by Yugikun »

((Ben Fields, continued from Prize Fighter))

The bowling ball sailed wildly off course and entered the side bank, taking its time to go past the last four pins before going out of sight, almost as if it were mocking Ben for his failure. The screen above him displayed a message notifying him of his miss, with a picture of what he could only describe as a cartoon mouse (?) frowning at him. It then went to his score. Hey, 55 out of 70, not bad. He messed up a bit during the last rounds, but it didn't account for too much, considering his competition. The next screen flashed to final scores and what do you have it, he was the winner of his one man game. Another screen flashed to his name on top of a winners podium, before going back to a blank screen. Ben put the ball currently in his hand back on the bench beside him, so that whoever came here after didn’t have to get a ball.

His first attempt at trying to learn how to bowl was over. It went pretty well, and he wanted to go back, but there was something that he should probably do first before he went back.

He was here by himself, and he was here mostly for himself, as well. His mother had to work overtime, his sister was at a friends house for a sleepover, and he had the money, and he couldn't figure out a reason why not, so he came. He hadn't had a lot of time to himself recently, between his schoolwork and his family, and he didn't really feel like cooking for himself so he went out. The Bowling Alley was the first place he came across, and he had never been inside it before so he figured why not? He had heard some good things about it from school, despite the odd exterior. He figured that he'd have a little fun before found a place to have dinner.

Luckily for him, the Bowling Alley had come equipped with a bar. He was there now, checking out the menu to see what he'd like. He figured that he'd order something here that was at least a little healthy; maybe hit a couple of the arcades in the corner before he went back to bowling. He grinned, slightly. Tonight was going to be fun, unless something happened. Kinda sucked that nobody was here with him but he could deal with that. He kinda did this out of the blue and he doubted that this was a place that any of his friends would go to, anyway. It'd be super neat if someone came, but it wouldn't matter too much if nobody did.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
RC†

Post by RC† »

And that somebody that came was JOHN CENA! Darius Van Dyke!

((Darius Van Dyke continued from They Really Are))

Walking around the town, because 'everybody was busy' and he was doomed to be alone, Darius bored himself by walking the streets.

You know, normally, he would go home and play, but he has no cash anymore. No more proper, good games to buy. Tragic.

But Darius was a creative boy who was able to manage to get to ideas to kill time and maybe become famous on the internet.

His only instrument was his phone. His target destination was the Bowling Alley.

After entering and paying money, he really hopes was worth it (still more worth than some crappy, cheap games, at least), Darius recognised a student from the school 'Cochise High', Darius also attended. What a coincidence.

Ben! Who knew he'd go to this boring place? Approaching the bar, Darius faced Ben Fields.

Oh, Darius wouldn't be bored.

"Hey there, Spikey!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Ben continued looking at the menu. Getting a burger seemed like a good idea. Sure it wasn't exactly the healthiest thing on the menu but he could just run home to work it off. Plus, it covered a couple food groups; he didn't really know why he'd need to intake certain amounts of each group a day but hey, if it was healthy it was healthy. He reached into his pocket for the ten bucks he needed and was about to walk up to the counter before someone turned to him and interrupted him.

"Hey Darius," Ben said, stroking his hand through his spiky hair. His hair was a little bit of an odd subject for him. He knew that it wasn't really normal to have naturally spiky hair like his did but "Spikey" as a nickname stood oddly with him. He didn't know why, really. There was just something about the phrase that he wasn't really okay with. Same with Darius, really. Ben knew that Darius wasn't a bully (at least, not anymore), but there was still reason to be suspicious of him. He hung with Michael and Jonathan, after all, and nobody who willingly hung with them could be that good of a person.

Eh, it didn't matter. So long as Darius wasn't bullying someone right now he could be good with him for the night. "What are you doing here?"
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
RC†

Post by RC† »

Ben asked him, what he was doing here. Darius was really tempted to think of a sarcastic reply, but then gave in and gave an honest answer.

"Eh, I was bored, so I thought I'd bowl here."

Well, almost honest. Darius unpacked his earbuds from his pockets and plugged it in his ears. He was no small talk guy. He isn't somebody who'd talk just to talk and babble nonsense. Who was he? Michael?

"Anyway, I wanna listen to some of my jam. That makes me better at bowling. I might be able to break my personal record today."

With that he winked at Ben and eyed his phone. Darius, however knew that the earbuds weren't plugged to his phone correctly. The cable wasn't stuck into the hole of his phone deep enough. Therefore, the music comes from his phone and he's going to enjoy the confusion of all the people around here. Too bad he couldn't use his phone camera to film a vine of the reactions of the confused bowlers. But that did not matter, he could do that later. This would be a fun experience that did not have to be documented.

Darius selected a song. Album: pranks. Which one should it be today? Spice Girls - Wannabe? Backstreet Boys - Everybody? B-Shoc - Jesus Jump?

But then he had another one he selected. Darius acted as if the music came from his ears and nobody else would be able to hear it. EDM, a great genre. As the sound blared out of his phone, Darius nodded his head to the beat.

Unfortunately, it was ruined by the artists themselves and then they began to sing.

I walk into the club looking kind of sexy now

Ah, Brokencyde could never disappoint him at trolling people. Darius recognised some confused looks he received from people in the bowling alley, but he ignored them. Acted as if everything was normal, if nothing was broken. Darius, the innocent, naïve and oblivious listener of terrible music.

Heh, what they must think. 'Is that what kids these days listen to?' Yes, it is. That's why you should ban brokencyde in the US.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Okay, cool. Darius was out here to have some fun, just like he was. He also mentioned something about liking to listen to music when he bowled. Not something he really needed to know but hey, details could be neat sometimes. "Neat. Might join you later then. Right now, I gotta eat." With that, he looked around the cafe, looking for a place to sit once he got his order. It didn't really matter where it was in the cafe, he was mostly just checking through the tables to find the one with the coolest number. His eyes browsed the cafe and the people eating until he found... seventeen. Near the back. Three seats, none taken. There were probably cooler numbers out there but hey, there were cool numbers that everyone talked about and seventeen wasn't one of them. He felt like giving some love to the more underrated numbers tonight.

So then he got in line, waiting and standing near the counter for it to be his turn. He could see the person serving the counter. Teenager, someone not from Cochise. Tall, scrawny, didn't look like he had ever washed his face. Oh well. Could be awkward, but it wasn't like he had to deal with him long.

And then he heard the music start playing. No idea where it was from, but he didn't really care enough. He knew that it wasn't coming from the jukebox of the alley, they were playing something else catchy that he hadn't heard of before. The other thing playing was some sort of... EDF shit or whatever the people at school called it. He didn't know; not really his jam. He could tune it out and listen to what was on the speakers while he waited.

...Until the lyrics started. That got him to turn his head. The source of the noise was Darius' phone which... really wasn't a surprise considering Darius. He was a prankster; he hung with Michael and Jonathan, so this was probably the shit he pulled on a daily basis. Still, this wasn't school, and he wasn't pushing a little kid back against a wall, so he figured he'd humour him.

"Hey Darius, I don't think you have your headphones plugged in properly!" He said over at him, a grin on his face.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

RC†

Post by RC† »

Okay, now Ben interrupted him. Maybe it was the perfect moment to stop, to fear no consequences.

'Let's get freaky now', Darius mouthed, repeatedly.

Then he looked at Ben.

"What did you say?", he said when removing the ear buds from his ears. Acting as if he was surprised that music comes from his phone, he quickly stopped the music.

"Whoops."

Priceless faces from the people here.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

"Darius," Ben said, crossing his arms and frowning, pretending to look stern for a bit. "I go to your school. I know the shit you pull."

He dropped his arms, shifting his face into a silly grin again. Being an actor had it's less obvious advantages, sometimes. Made messing with people easier. Not that that was something he usually did, though. He normally only acted for the power of the greater good.

"You're not going to be able to pull a fast one on me."

Darius could end up being a problem, though. Generally stuff for the Anti-Bullying Committee didn't matter when school was over, but if Darius did any more annoying shit Ben would probably have to step in. Still, he was going to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least for a bit. Tonight was his night to have fun, he wasn't going to let Darius' nature ruin it for him. He stepped back into the line, turning his head back to table seventeen to see if it was taken. Nope, still not taken yet. He was behind a spot in the line but he could wait.

He looked back at Darius. Hey, it was another student from Cochise, and maybe if he acted nice to him Darius would act nice in return.

"Do you wanna order anything from the cafe?"
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

((Jonathan Gulley continued from Gunfight U))

Jonathan had decided to go to the bowling alley on his own. This was the first time when he has gone somewhere on his own without Michael. But he needed some time to think. And doing some bowling helped with that. Things have been a bit too awkward between him and Michael since their movie date a few weeks ago. Heck, he was keeping it a secret more for Michael's sake than his. A lot of people knew he was open about his sexuality anyway. He couldn't let this bother him. He needed some time to himself.

As soon as he was inside of the building, Jonathan's blue eyes caught sight of Darius. Darius! Maybe he would play a one-on-one bowling game with him. Wait, did Darius normally come here? He didn't know. Maybe he should pay attention to Darius more. After all, they were good friends! He headed over to him with a big grin on his face.

"Hey, Darius!"

He stopped when he heard a familiar voice and he saw that it was Ben Fields. Oh, oh, oh.... This was now even more awkward. It's bad enough that Ben and Michael had got into a fight in front of him and he had to stop it because they shouldn't have been fighting in the first place. But seeing Ben now on his own was really making him uncomfortable. However, maybe Ben wasn't that bad and Jonathan decided to be polite. To try to make things less tense. Hopefully.

".....Hi, Ben! How's uh..... baseball...?" He gave him a small wave and he then cleared his throat, feeling nervous. He should have came here a different day.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
RC†

Post by RC† »

Hm, Ben knew him well. That was no fun. Anyway, Ben tried to direct the conversation to a 'peaceful direction'.

"No, all of this is a huge scam", Darius said in reply to Ben's question. Everything was expensive here. Aww, and poor dorky waiter probably won't get shit from it.

And rest in pieces 'peaceful direction'. Jonathan came in. The chemistry of Ben and Jonathan was not the only thing that made the direction split into pieces.

"Hey, Jonny."

Huh. He did not expect Jonathan to come here. Wow, that was a bitch move to come here. Darius felt like he saw Jonny in flagrante delicto.

"Why the hell did you not reply to my message?"
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

"Okay then." Darius didn't seem to want to buy anything, which was okay with Ben. A little surprising, though, he kinda just gave Darius the offer for free food and he denied it. Knowing who Darius was Ben thought he would have taken the offer in a heartbeat. Oh well. At least that meant that he could keep his extra $6.45. He still would have had a shitton of money left but hey, it was the small things that mattered. He turned back to the counter. Still not in front of the line, but he could wait. He had the rest of the night to have fun, he doubted that he was going to remember the couple minutes or seconds that it'd take to order his burger.

But then Ben heard a familiar voice say his name, and... oh boy it was Jonathan. Normally he'd be someone that he liked, but there were just some... things he did that meant that they couldn't really be anything but enemies. He associated with Michael. The faggot. The person who picked on other people for fun. The person who stood against everything he stood for, and who Jonathan freely spent his time with each day. Secondly, and he wasn't really sure if this was worse or not, he was openly gay. He was a faggot who found the sight of another guy, or possibly even him attractive and that wasn't natural. It couldn't be. Guys were attracted to girls. That's how it was. That's how it should be. He honestly didn't really want to be near anyone like that. They were weird and they were disgusting and he couldn't think of anything but that when he was near them.

So Jonathan here was kinda going to be a damper on his night. Uuuugh. Well, no. He wasn't going to let it get ruined just yet. Maybe he could make a little peace with Jonathan, or at least make a truce.

"Um... It's going fine, thanks...."
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan took a moment to take in what Darius just said and he got his phone out quickly. He unlocked it and he winced as he noticed that Darius had really did send him a message. Well, it looked like he had to make it up to Darius somehow. Maybe a game would cheer the guy up as long as Darius didn't blow to pieces in front of him. He didn't want to ruin his friendship with Darius just because of a message that he didn't see. Maybe Darius will let it go.

"Oh, sorry about that. I didn't see it at all. I've been kind of out of it lately." He told Darius with a sympathetic smile as he put his phone away. "Look, I'll make it up to you. How about we have a game of bowling? Whoever wins can buy the other person something that they would like. I'll be very generous if I lose. I'll buy you a new Mario Kart game for your 3DS." He held out his hand to Darius to seal the deal. "Deal?"

Yeah, he knew about the whole 3DS thing from Fiyori. They had laughed about it together but he wasn't going to tell Darius that. He wasn't going to tell him who told him. It wasn't that big of a deal.

Jonathan realized that Ben had actually said something to him. Well, at least they were on speaking terms. That was a good start. He had to talk to Ben more without scaring him away. "That's good, Ben." He paused and there was an uncomfortable silence until he started to speak again. "Hey, would you like to join us in a game, Ben? If not.... Then that's cool, I guess...."

Yep. He was sure that Ben would flat-out say no. But he waited for an answer. Maybe the guy would say yes. Who knows....
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
RC†

Post by RC† »

Jonathan acted as if he did not see the message, when he pulled out his phone. Well, maybe he indeed did not. Jon looked genuine.

...Oh Jonathan, you sonuvabitch. Mocking him with the 3DS story. Darius will get his game back from Fiyori, he was sure of that.

Darius aimed to hit the hand of Jonathan to set the 'deal', but then decided to go back with his hand to stroke it through his hair.

"Pff, I won't buy you anything. I'm conscious enough of my bowling skills to know that I'm in a no-win situation."

Darius laughed. Then, he looked to Ben.

"Yeah Benny, join us. Bowling is like baseball. Just with heavier balls."
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Ben turned away, focused on the line again. Still hadn't moved further yet. He just needed to take his mind off the situation, take his mind off Jonathan. Just... being around him knowing what he was made him feel uneasy. He raised his hands up, rubbing them through his face and through his hair. He just needed to forget about it. He was going to have fun tonight, and he wasn't going to let anything bring it down. All he needed to do was hopefully stay here for a while and then he'd likely go away. Then he could eat, before going back to improve his bowling skill. That was a good plan. It would work. Unless Jonathan tried to interact with him then he could still enjoy his night, and he was pretty sure Jonathan was smart so-

Then Jonathan asked him if he wanted to go bowling with them and goddammit no he didn't want to go bowling with them. Or at least, he didn't want to go bowling with Jonathan. He was trying to be nice but he associated with the wrong people and he was fucking disgusting and Ben couldn't handle being next to him at all. So he couldn't accept. He couldn't go bowling with a faggot. Luckily for him, he had his excuse.

"Sorry... I was um... planning on getting something to eat before I went bowling again."

He chose to ignore Darius' remark. He wasn't a fucking retard, he knew what bowling was.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Jonathan listened as Ben told him that he was getting something to eat. That was understandable. He wasn't going to push the guy to play with him if he was hungry. He just shrugged his shoulders. He could just play with Darius who just said something pretty embarrassing. He let out a small 'ha' at Darius' comment.

"It's no problem, Ben. I hope you enjoy your meal." He was still being polite. Why not? He wasn't the guy who really caused trouble unless he was in a pissed-off mood. "Looks like it's just you and me, Darius. I'm going to beat your butt."

Yep. He put on his best charming smile and he hit Darius' arm lightly. "Like in that snowball fight, remember?" He was now just teasing Darius for fun right now. "That was a lot of fun. .....But I'm not going to throw a bowling ball at you. That would hurt like hell." He chuckled a little.
[+] V7
RC†

Post by RC† »

"You silly fool, no snow exists in Kingman. Everything was an illusion. Or you were too drunk again."

Yeah, Darius did not like to talk about stuff that he wanted to be fun, but then backfired, because people came to make fun of him instead.

Ben did not want to play with them, despite all three of them coincidentally meeting here. Ben was such a killjoy. Oh no, he would starve, if he doesn't play bowling.

"Ben."

Darius calmly said that syllabus.

"Don't choke on-"

Hm, maybe he should not provocate Ben with a joke. Well, if he doesn't want to go bowl with them, he doesn't have to.

"Nevermind."

He turned back to Jonathan to say: "Let's bowl, then."

Return to “Strikeout Bowling Alley”