Destination: Library*

Hobbsborough is a combination of two schools. A public and a Catholic school. You can just feel the tension in the air.
Croco†

Destination: Library*

Post by Croco† »

(Continued from "Another day in Homeroom")

Having made his escape from the chaos of that classroom, Peter made haste toward the library on the third floor.  He had heard that the school was in lockdown...and there were rumors circulating about that they had found a dead girl nearby, so he was risking a lot in his flight.  But there was no other way, he thought...he would've either severely hurt or killed both Aisin and Snipes.  Come to think of it, he would've easily sent anyone away in the back of an ambulance because he couldn't put up with any more of the nonsense that was going on.

Peter was about one hundred feet from his destination when he saw one of the school security monitors walking toward him.  There was a bathroom between him and the library, and the monitor was on the opposite side of the hall.  So he did the only thing he could...make a mad dash for the bathroom and duck inside before he was spotted.  This scenario was all too familiar, Peter thought to himself, being a veteran of many late-night video game marathons with his friends...or at least some who he thought were his friends, ever since they discovered his secret.

None of that mattered as he looked at himself in the mirror, his chest heaving from the sudden exertion he had to perform in order to get into the lavatory.  Wiping the sweat off his brow, Peter began to wash his hands while trying to figure out a way to explain himself to the librarians once he got there.  "Should I mention all the fighting that was going on...or should I make up something on the fly?" Peter thought as he felt his pulse quickening.  Nah...he wasn't going to butcher anything out of the ordinary; besides, he knew Mrs. Fontana, the head librarian, and she would back him up if he felt threatened or afraid of what he could do.  So he calmly walked out of the bathroom, backpack slung over his shoulder like he always did.

However, Peter wasn't expecting the monitor to pass within five feet of him.  "Oh, shit!" he thought, "I'm dead in the water now!"

"Hey!" the monitor called out in a halting tone, "What do you think you're doing out in the halls?  You know the school is under lockdown?"  Peter's heart raced even quicker as he tried to come up with a reason to justify his roaming.

"I...uh...had to use the bathroom," he forced out, "I couldn't hold it...and...and it would've been really embarrassing if I had peed my pants..."  He had just come out of there, so it wasn't too far from the truth.  But the monitor wasn't amused.

"Where did you come from?" he asked.

"The library...the door was right there...I-I'm sorry, sir."  Peter glanced at the door, which wasn't no more than twenty-five feet away.

To his surprise, the monitor bought it.  "Okay...I'm not supposed to do this, but I'll let ya go this time.  That's the good news...the bad news is that you may have to deal with the administration if they catch you on the cameras.  What they do is beyond my control...you know that the safety of you students is my first priority.  Now go along...but next time, try and use the restroom before class and never, EVER go running out like that again.  Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir," replied Peter, breathing a deep sigh of relief as he ducked inside the library.  He felt as if he had just gotten away with murder as he quietly proceeded inside and set his backpack on a table, taking note of a couple students that were already in there.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

((OOC: Can a mod PLEASE delete this topic?  I think I've got a better idea for Mr. Rosenthal after he tries to walk out...))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Hobbsborough High School”