A Lone Soul at the Bar and Grill*

Though the 'lone' part won't last long.

This quiet restaurant located in a secluded part of the downtown area has become quite a popular afterschool hangout for the local teens. The restaurant's friendly staff and relaxing atmosphere provide the perfect place to study, catch up on homework, or just hang out with friends after school. Be sure to try the Mamma's Mexican Surprise, it's the best in the tri-county area!
LadyMakaze†

A Lone Soul at the Bar and Grill*

Post by LadyMakaze† »

The interior of Benson’s Bar and Grill was packed with activity.  The patrons, mostly a young-adult demographic with a few middle-aged adults and some younger patrons here and there, chattered amongst themselves busily as the staff commuted through long aisles from one end of the restaurant to the other.  The air was abuzz with laughs and murmurs, the sound of cutlery against tableware, and all the scents and hissing sounds that came from the open kitchen that occupied an entire length of wall.  On the wall adjacent, also taking up the entire wall space, was a bar in front of a neat row of high stools, where a few of the patrons were sitting now with a bartender at their beck and call.

Despite all the bustling activity in the restaurant, now that it was at its peak hour following the dismissal of the nearby schools, the carefully designed, colour-schemed, and well furnished interior seemed to add a sense of calmness and accommodation in the overall atmosphere.  It was hardly a wonder why a lot of the students around here chose this place as a frequent get-together location, Matthias thought to himself, occupying a table for two all by himself.  On that note, he glanced over towards the seat that was positioned across from him, now bare and unoccupied.

Slinging an elbow over the arch of his chair, Matthias sighed and glanced briefly at his watch, before returning his gaze to the length of window that revealed the arterial street outside, heavy with traffic now that it was just before rush hour.  Jodeen hadn’t showed up yet, something that never seemed to bode well for Matthias.  It wasn’t as though Jodeen had never been late before, far from that with the way she got so easily distracted.  Just her absence sent Matthias into a bout of paranoia over what might have happened to her.

The calmer, more sensible side himself kept telling him that Jodeen was more than a capable girl, even for her age, and that there was no need to worry.  However, Matthias wasn’t completely convinced.  After all…it had been his fault that something terrible happened to her…NEARLY happened to her three years ago….

Matthias shook his head to clear away the thought.  Jodeen was probably right.  Maybe he was getting a bit paranoid.  Still, the little idiot had better show up soon before Matthias worried himself to death.  They had agreed to meet right after his appointment with the repairman, but after waiting for about an hour, having long since downed his lime margarita (virgin, of course), Matthias had seen no sign nor heard no message from Jodeen.

He sighed to himself.  “Probably run off with her friends to some new sale or whatever.”  Sick of worrying, he looked around for a source of distraction and found it in the huge, heavy, suitcase-like mass that was resting against the side of his chair, the reason he had decided to stop here for the time being.

It was his saxophone case, its contents newly repaired   Matthias gave a small smirk as he looked at it.  Having his saxophone repaired and maintained was always such a goddamned pain, not to mention outrageously expensive.  For now his parents were willing to pay for occasional repairs, though Matthias wondered ironically how long that would last with his frugal, penny-pinching parents.  

In any case, carrying the massive case back and forth between home and school was just a pain he had to put up in order to fuel his passion for the instrument.  Today had been hectic, and to take a rest coming home from school, he had stopped by the place, anticipating a ride home from his parents that would make coming home with the saxophone, case and all, one hell of a lot easier.

But now he was tired of waiting, his weariness expressed by the frequency at which be switched glances between his watch at the window.  He was also restless, not to mention bored out of his mind.  Eyeing his saxophone case wistfully, he considered just taking the damn thing out and breaking into his favourite jazz tune, Take Five.  Of course, the staff probably wouldn’t be happy with it.  So there Matthias was, without company nor entertainment to relieve him from his idle state, as his mind switched between sheer boredom and worry on Jodeen’s absence.

Boy, could I use a bit of company right about now, he thought to himself as he sat idly in his chair.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

((Continued from: Cheer Practice))

Samuel Sorenson had just entered the bar and grill, the twenty dollar bill crumpled in his hand, it was dampening with his sweat…sure it’d been an interesting day, but Sorenson was not the kind of person to be simply discontent with his surroundings, true he had endured the long teasing of Lexie in the car (“ So you like what you saw Sorenson, how about I show you again?” “Aww what do you mean no, do you want to see Whit or Kurai?”), no matter how he worded his answer he’d either be worded a fag or a pervert…an image he didn’t personally want to convey today.

Of course, it wasn’t like it this was his nature, to simply hide from someone like that, but he’d found himself recently pretending to be…timid? For the sake of gaining the attention of Whitney Acosta who was seemingly more concerned with was a moral human being, not whether his photo’s where in a magazine (which they where in several).

“Girls hook us up with a  table, I’ll get us some coke and some burgers.” he screamed toward the car filled to the brim with estrogen.  He faced the cash register again only to be greeted with acne plagued teen, after giving him the order and receiving the food he found himself looking throughout the restaurant as to where the women had seated themselves.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

(Continued from Cheer Practice.)

The black Mustang convertible had wheeled into the crowded Benson's parking lot without incident, and Whitney and company had piled out of the car and into the restaurant in a rather hurried manner.  Stepping inside the crowded restaurant, Whitney scanned the area, searching for an empty table.  Lexie, meanwhile, had gone scampering off into the not-so-far distance, apparently having seen someone she knew.  At Sorenson's request for she and Kurai to find a table, Whitney simply nodded, continuing to scan the area as Sorenson disappeared somewhere toward the cash wrap.

Catching a glimpse of an empty table toward the window in the back of the restaurant, Whitney motioned to Kurai, Sorenson, and Lexie, assuming they'd all seen her, and headed toward the empty table.  Weaving her way between the Bar and Grill patrons the the wait staff proved a task in itself, and Whitney occassionally had to stop and wave hello to this person or that before finally making her way to the back of the room, a few feet from the table.  The dark haired boy sitting alone at a table for two caught her eye momentarily, and she found herself placing the face with relative ease.

Tossing her purse on top of the empty table behind him as somewhat of a place holder, Whitney approached the table nonchalantly and drummed her fingertips across the top of it as she walked by, hoping to attract the boy's attention.  While she and Matthias sat a few seats apart in Mr. Dolph's homeroom, she hadn't really had a chance to sit and talk to him, what with Lexie constantly bouncing in and out of her conversations.  From what she did know of Matthias, though, he seemed like a nice kid, and right now he looked, well, lonely.

"Hey, what's up?" she inquired lightly.

Taking the opportunity, she nonchalantly slid into the seat in front of him for the time being, hoping to keep the boy company and hoping for a bit of company herself until Sorenson returned with the food.  Looking back for Lexie and Sam, who were still nowhere in site, Whitney shrugged lightly and turned back toward Matthias with that trademark Whitney Acosta smile plastered on her face.  Taking note of the saxophone case sitting near Matthias, Whitney considered inquiring about it, but almost seemed to disregard the thought.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Matthias had been lost completely in a contemplative daydream, resting his chin at the base of his palm as his dark eyes wandered thoughtfully about the inside of the restaurant.  He was momentarily startled as the presence of Whitney dropped into view, waking him rather suddenly from his contemplative trance.

He returned a warm smile at her in a friendly greeting.  He had seen her in class, as well as out and about in school, particularly in cheer practice.  Unfortunately they'd never had a solid moment to chat until now, due to the fact that their schedules outside of class never seemed to overlap.  He looked round and saw other schoolmates, most likely Whitney's friends no doubt.  

He glanced upwards for a brief second.  "Literally? Well...there's the ceiling for one, and the one of the fans that ever works.  Figuratively, I'm just bored out of my mind, in case you couldn't tell just by looking.  Waiting to get a ride home from my Dad, and also waiting for my sis to meet me here.  Problem is, neither of them have a reputation for being real punctual, so I'm at least hoping to get out of here before I grow old."

He nodded towards her, reaching down to move the saxophone case so that it wouldn't be anyone's way.  "Fancy seeing you here, I could use the company.  Brought your friends along with you too?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Ricky and Eric continued from: Cheer Practice))

A light laugh escaped her lips at Matthias's sarcasm, even more so when he began his declaration about his dad and sister.  Musing for a moment on his words about leaving before getting old, Whitney couldn't help but add her own little commentary in as well.  Pretending to study his hair scrutinizingly, she finally pointed to a spot on his head and a smile overcame her face.

"Looks like you're too late, I see a grey hair in there."

Upon his inquiry regarding Kurai, Sam, and Lexie, Whitney cast another glance around Bensons in search of the trio she had entered with.  Seeing them scattered in various places around the restaurant, she only nodded slightly in regards to his question.  Whitney's attention turned to the door as it suddenly swung open, the bright light from outside enshrouding the dark little restaurant for a moment, and the outline of two figures could be seen stepping through the door.

Whitney's face immediately flushed a bright red in color and she cast her attention the other way, hoping no one would notice.  Of all the people who could've possibly stepped into the restaurant, it would have to be Ricky Callahan and his frizzy haired companion from the baseball team.  Pretending not to see them, Whitney didn't acknowledge their prescence, and instead turned to face Matthias once again.

"So... uh... do you come out here often?"

As Ricky Callahan stepped through the doors to the small bar and grill that was somewhat of a local hangout, his eyes travelled across the interior of the building and he immediately noticed her.  A faint smile crossed his lips and he almost contemplated walking over to say hello.  Instead, he immediately saw the companion she had in the form of Matthias Kovalenko.  Sam Sorenson, Ricky could handle.  Sam seemed like kind of a girly guy anyway.  Matthias was another story, however.

He'd always sort of seemed strange.  Sarcastic, cynical, and a complete train-wreck when it came to that little sister of his.  Ricky never quite understood that, he didn't worry about his little brother.  He could handle himself, right?  Then again, Ricky had heard the stories about Matthias.  Kids say nasty things, stories get twisted around.  Despite that... from what he'd heard, Matthias Kovalenko was quite the weirdo.  Why would Whitney Acosta of all people hang out with someone like that?.

Whatever.

It seemed almost stupid to get jealous over her being with some other guy, it wasn't as if Ricky ever really spoke to her anyway.  He never had the chance.  She was always surrounded by people... people like that loud-mouthed Williams girl and Sorenson.  It made her seem... unapproachable, maybe?  Well that and the fact that his friends would probably nag him to no end for even talking to her, especially after everything he'd been "forewarned" about.  Ricky was immediately thrown back to reality at the sound of his friend's nagging voice.

"Dude, what the hell's your problem?  You gonna come back from outer space anytime soon so I can get a damned hamburger?"

"Huh?"

It took the hispanic boy a moment to come back from his reverie and return to the real world, but when he did he simply shrugged his shoulders and motioned for his friend to stand in the line to order.  Watching his friend eyeball the menu like it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen, Ricky couldn't help but fade back into his own little world.  Who would've ever thought that Matthias Kovalenko of all people would be having lunch with Whitney Acosta?  Either way, that's certainly what it looked like from Ricky's point of view.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MooCow*

Post by MooCow* »

Andie Colvin carried the various entrees of her patrons with great dexterity.  She hated her waitressing job at Bensons but she was damn good at it, that was for sure.  One might have been surprised at the sight of such a tiny, willowy girl balancing what appeared to be at least have a dozen dishes in her arms.

As she carefully manuevered the aisles and boothes Andie noticed several of her classmates scattered throughout the restaurant.  The beautiful Whitney Acosta sat at a table with Matthias Kovalenko.  Andie found that slightly odd, she didn't know they were friends.  Andie thought Matthias was cute in a sort of mysterious way.  He seemed so mature for their age.  

As she passed them she smiled and said hello.  She sighed inside... Matthias probably wasn't even worth dreaming about.  Most of the boys seemed to either forget that Andie was a girl, or thought she was a lesbian.  She had never been a girly girl.  Boys went for girls like Whitney.

Rounding out her classmates seemed to be Sam Sorenson, that girl Lexie who's last name she couldn't recall and Kurai.  Just out of the corner of her eye Andie could see Ricky Callahan and one of the other baseball players entering.

She arrived at the table of her customers, a group of middle aged women, and gingerly served them their meals.

"Would you like a refill on that Diet Coke miss?" Andie quipped with her slight southern twang.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Aiden avatar by Kermit.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Matthias tilted his head to one side in slight confusion as Whitney suddenly began staring at him in a rather scrutinizing manner, feeling only vaguely daunted at being studied at so closely by a girl.  He observed her as she observed him, subconsciously deciding that she didn't look half bad, actually.  She was quite cute, a pretty face and all.  He smiled with hidden incredulity at this thought, and laughed, nudging a finger against the spot on his head where she had pointed at.

He tugged at a brown lock of hair.  "Aw, man...that makes the third one I've found all year.  Sure hope my memory stays intact by the time they get here."  He smiled warmly at her, before tilting his head towards the direction of her gaze.  From where he was sitting, he could see Kurai, Sorenson, and Lexie where he was sitting, recognizing them immediately as his fellow classmates.    It seemed as though they were up and about getting their lunch before finding a table, most likely they had come with Whitney.

"Brought your friends along with you, huh?" Matthias asked her.  "Well that's nice, proves your social life over my lack thereof."  He shrugged apologetically and laughed a bit.  However, Matthias noticed that her attention had suddenly turned elsewhere, towards something that seemed to make her turn somewhat warm and red in the face before she looked away, as though pretending not to have seen anything.  Not buying it, Matthias turned his head, having to lean his elbow against the chair in order to see a full 180 degrees behind him.  

Matthias raised an eyebrow slightly at the sight of Ricky Callahan entering the restaurant, unmistakeable amongst the rest of the patrons.  He frowned slightly, knowing fully well from observation how pompous Callahan could to others, especially in the pre
sence of his fellow teammates.  He wasn't a bad guy, Matthias thought to himself, shrugging as he glanced towards Whitney.  Just the fact that the attitude he put up seemed more like a front of confidence more than anything, superficial like his good looks.  

Matthias remembered the way Whitney had blushed and turned away at the sight of Callahan, drawing up conclusions of his own, but saying nothing.  Instead, he smiled and asked her with a subtle wryness in his tone, "Callahan another friend of yours?"

For the sake of not making Whitney uncomfortable, he decided to quickly change the subject.  He crossed his arms in contemplation over her question and rested his elbows on the empty table.  "Not too often, I'm in jazz band and the school choir, which demands afterschool practice both routinal and overtime.  Also, my sis is in this school-sponsored environmental and global issues club, along with the softball team.  I'm the one to walk her home, so I don't have much time for outings."  

He smiled, not regretfully, but still sadly at this confession.  He noted Andie Colvin, also from Franklin, though he didn't know her that well.  As she passed by, he waved to her casually as she walked passed, greeting them shyly.  Truthfully, he never knew that she worked here.  He continued, refocusing on Whitney.  "A shame though, this is rather a nice place, not to far from the school either.  Where I live is a ways far off though, all the way in the next district, another reason why I rarely come here."

His musings were interrupted abruptly by the sound of his ringtone, a Vivaldi ritornello of some sort, typical of a nerd, Matthias thought with slight embarrassment.  He withdrew his cellphone from his pocket, smiling an apology to Whitney.  "'Scuse me for a moment." He flipped it open and held it to his ear.

"Hello? ...Oy, Dad, are you even coming to get me, or are you still at the restaurant?" He shook his head incredulously, then suddenly blinked in surprise before groaning in exasperation.  "...Not again! Man, I hope you're insured. Mom is going to kill you for trashing her jeep again."

He paused, before sighing and rolling his eyes again.  "...what do you mean, JUST the garage door? ....And what am I supposed to do now? ....No way! Do you know how much a taxi costs to get to the next district? .....Okay, okay, nevermind.  I'll think of something.  .....Yeah, I'll be alright, don't worry about me.  ...yeah, I'll take Jodeen with me, think she's still at softball practice.  ...'kay, see you.  Bye."

With an exasperated mutter, he repocketed his cellphone and shook his head towards Whitney, smiling apologetically at her.  "Sorry about that, Dad called to say he punched a hole through our garage door, and the tire got shredded or whatever..."  He sighed at leaned back against his chair.

"But that's fine for him, he just has to make sure he gets the thing replaced before Mom finds out, I think I might have to hitch a ride home or something..."
MooCow*

Post by MooCow* »

As Andie carefully manuevered her territory the stress of so many customers began to grate on her nerves.

"Miss this steak is medium rare," a woman at a table which Andie was not waiting on stated irritably, stopping her, "I ordered my steak medium!  First my husbands soup is cold, then we wait an hour for our meal!  I demand to speak to the manager."

Andie stepped back nervously, "umm... well miss."

"Don't say 'umm'," the woman hissed rudely.

Andie couldn't believe the nerve of this woman.  She hadn't even been waiting on these people.  

"Can I help you ma'am?" a voice said from behind Andie.

It was Fritz the manager.  Andie heaved a sigh of relief.

"Andie carry on," he said shortly and began to make negotiations with the woman... he'd probably offer her a free dessert or something.

Andie turned and made her way towards her destination, a refill of soda in her hands.  Flustered from her dealings with the angry customers she failed to notice the 'WET FLOOR' sign.  Needless to say Andie Colvin slipped, the Diet Coke glass flying from her hand and drenching a nearby denizen of Benson's Bar & Grill in cola.  

Getting up Andie groaned inside and hurriedly apologized, "I'm so sorry!"

To her horror she realized that the person she had drenched in the sticky liquid was a familiar face,  None other than that of Whitney Acosta.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Aiden avatar by Kermit.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Unfortunately for Whitney, her acting wasn't exactly top-notch, and it was apparent as Matthias seemed to catch on to her sudden change in mannerisms upon the entrance of Ricky Callahan.  As he inquired gently about the guy, Whitney simply shrugged her shoulders, not so willing to divuldge that "secret" to someone she didn't know very well.  Instead, she simply cast him a smile and nodded lightly.

"Something like that..."

As Matthias's cell phone rang, Whitney couldn't help but stifle a giggle at the conversation that proceeded to follow him answering.  Smiling somewhat, the blonde mused over the one-sided ongoings she could hear over the phone call, finding it all rather amusing.  As Matthias hung up the phone with an exasperated look on his face and proceeded to state what had happened, Whitney found herself laughing at the entire matter.

"You know..." she stated thoughtfully after a moment, "I can give you a ride home... if you want.  I'll have to take them back to the school anyway when we head home, won't be a big deal to grab Jodeen along the way.  I mean, like I said, if you want."

The fair-haired girl had virtually just finished her sentence when out of the corner of her eye she saw the waitress girl she barely knew as Andie Colvin slip and fall on the wet floor of the restaurant.  Had Whitney had the reflexes to do so, she would've helped the girl.  Instead, she simply looked on as the diet drink the girl was holding went flying from her hand and sprayed her in a sea of caffeine.  Whitney held her arms out in a mixture of disgust, embarrassment, and surprise as she was coated in the sticky liquid.

Quickly jumping out of her seat, Whitney slowly looked down to see that indeed, she was completely covered in the sticky mess.  She could hear the other girl apologizing profusely in the back of her mind, though it barely registered to Whitney.  Instead she cast a glance to Matthias, to her friends who had stopped to stare in awe, and even a one of absolute horror to the guy of her dreams, who just happened to be standing there watching the entire thing.  How embarrassing.

"I... It's fine."

That was all she could manage to say to the waitress.  Part of Whitney honestly wanted to punch the girl in the face.  She was outraged by the entire atrocity.  Part of her knew it was just an accident, but she couldn't help but wonder in the back of her mind if perhaps Andie Colvin had dumped the soda on her on purpose.  Girls like Andie... they tended to be jealous of Whitney.  She saw it on a regular basis.  Maybe this girl was just another one of them.  Letting the negative thoughts slip out of her mind, Whitney looked down at her soda-drenched outfit once again and sighed.

What now?

Whitney Acosta simply continued to stand there, embarrassed to no end by the situation that had just occurred and unsure of how to handle it.  Maybe she should just leave?  Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the manager staring over there.  Honestly, she didn't want the restaurant manager to come over and make a big scene of things.  It was just an accident after all, right?
MooCow*

Post by MooCow* »

Flushing crimson Andie knew it wasn't 'fine'.  She had embaressed one of the most popular people at her school in a public place.  Not that Andie gave a shit about popularity.  She was fairly popular herself being on friendly terms with most.

"Let me help you get cleaned up Whitney," Andie suggested, "I've got my break anyway.  I'm so sorry."
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

(OOC: I'd planned on waiting for Maka but... mahh, no posts for 4 days make me nervous.)

"No, really, it's fine," Whitney started, "...Really.  It's... it's just a little soda, right?"

Mustering the friendliest smile she could, Whitney cast it toward Andie, feeling just as bad for the waitress as she did for herself.  Sure, she was drenched in soda, and sure, the guy she liked had probably witnessed the entire ordeal, but it could be worse, right?  She could be Andie.  It could be her boss standing there with a glare contorting his features because of the incident that had just occurred.

Shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly, Whitney excused herself from the table she had occupied with Matthias Kovalenko and proceeded to escort herself into the nearby women's restroom.  The door to the bathroom creaked open, illuminating the stalls in a pale glow.  Making her way to the row of sinks, Whitney did a quick once over of herself in the mirror.  It really wasn't all that bad.  Yeah, she had a gigantic wet blotch covering her shirt and a good portion of her lap, but what can you do?

After a moment, Whitney reluctantly turned the water on and grabbed a handful of paper towels from the dispenser.  After soaking the towels in the water, she proceeded to attempt to blot the coke spill clean.  Finding some success, Whitney smiled to herself.  However, the fact remained that there was still a wet spot covering the better part of her mid-section.  Sighing irritatedly, Whitney held her head in her hands and stared at the reflection looking back at her in the mirror.

What a nightmare...

Somewhere between ordering lunch and the events that had recently unfolded, the frizzy-haired baseball player Ricky had been accompanying to the dinner (Eric) had instructed Ricky to find them a seat, and he had inconspicuously seated himself almost within hearing range of the table being occupied by Whitney and Matthias.  It wasn't like Ricky made it a habit of eavesdropping on other people's conversations, but something about the couple didn't sit right with him, and he was curious as to what would inspire the two to have lunch together.

Pretending he hadn't noticed either of them, Ricky stared ahead at the other residents of the bar, awaiting Eric's return and fading back into his own world... at least until Andie Colvin proceeded to trip and douse the blonde-haired girl he'd been listening in on in a sea of Coca-Cola.  He was taken aback by the incident and found himself just sitting there, an astounded expression on his face.  Suddenly he was in an odd predicament.  He could be a gentleman and offer to help her, then probably have to put up with Eric later because of it.  He could laugh, which was more than likely what his friend would do, and lose any points he had gained in her book, or he could continue to sit there and stare like an idiot.

Ricky opted for the latter.  Looking on in awe as the two girls had a rather tense moment, Ricky could hear footsteps approaching the table, followed by the laughter of his companion.  Apparently he'd been right, and Eric seemed to find the situation hysterical.  The redheaded boy cackled out loud as the blonde girl took off toward the restroom.  Suddenly, a sly smile went over his lips and he kicked Ricky to get his attention.

"Man, that was great!  Looks like you got to see more than me though, dude, that sucks.  It looked like a wet t-shirt contest going on over here!  I hope she kicks Andie's ass, I'd love to see a catfight.  That'd be fuckin' hot."

Yet again, Ricky found himself divided.  He was honestly pretty repulsed by what his friend had just stated, he didn't think of women as objects for his amusement.  Not usually, anyway.  Not when he wasn't around his friends.  Inwardly, he wanted to stand up for the girl he liked, tell his friend to stop being an asshole, tell him to grow up and act like a man.

"Heh... yeah."
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Matthias' dark eyes lit up at Whitney's suggestion that she give him a ride home.  Leaning an elbow  along the table, he asked, "Really? It won't be any trouble at all?"

A wave of relief swept over him as he smiled with gratitude towards her.  "That'll be great, Whitney, you don't have to drive all the way to our place you know? It's a ways far off, so you could drop us someplace where we could walk all the way back.  And here's hoping that Jodeen will show up real soon-"

The sight of Andie Colvin slipping over on the wet floor came into view as Matthias was abruptly cut short by the splashing sound of flying coke.  Indeed, the brown mass of liquid effectively drenched practically the entirety of Whitney's form, staining her clothes and hair in a brown, sticky mess.  Matthias could do nothing else but blink and stare at the rather embarrassing situation that had just unfolded.  Andie, who had accidentally thrown the drink all over Whitney, was apologizing profusely while Whitney looked on in red-hot shame and disgust.

"Oy..."  Matthias' voice stammered weakly, as he stood up, thinking that he ought to help out a bit.   But as the shirt doused with coke darkened into blatant transparency, Matthias blinked again, and turned a subtle shade of red.  Immediately, he turned away, looking equally embarrassed as he covered his face with a hand.  Looking sidelong towards Whitney, trying to look only towards her face, he muttered awkwardly, "Better be cleaning up a bit there..."

Then again, if he was embarrassed....Matthias started to imagine how Whitney must feel, given her current state in the middle of this public environment, in front of so many people she knew from school.  Trying to be helpful, he reassured them, "I'll help clean up here, you two go on."

As Whitney Acosta retreated, dripping, into the nearest ladies' room, with Andie in full pursuit, Matthias quickly bypassed the area of wet floor that Andie had slipped on and made his way to the counter, where a napkin dispenser was sitting.  Taking the liberty to grab a handful of dry, clean napkins, he made his way back to his table and began wiping it down, first the table surface, then Whitney's seat, both drenched in coke.  

He had started cleaning up the floor when his ears suddenly filled with the snickers and hysterical laughter coming from table not too far off.  The circular movements of Matthias' arm as he wiped down the floor stopped short as though suddenly frozen, his eyes narrowed slightly as a frown replaced his usually easygoing and good-natured expression.

Demurely, he stood up, ever carefully, at first looking as though he had not heard a word from the group.  Then, resting a hand upon the damp table and leaning over a bit, he cast a sidelong glance of disdain towards the group of schoolmates that had made fun of Whitney.  Matthias also noted with interest that Ricky Callahan was among them, though he gave no hint that he had noticed Ricky in particular.

"It must be nice, being able to make fun of others without realizing how hurt or embarrassed they might be," he told them in a voice that was casual, yet subtly scathing, making sure that all of them heard his every word perfectly.  "Glad to see that you're so amused."

Turning back to his cleaning, he noticed that some of the coke had splattered onto his saxophone case, now sitting in a puddle of coke.  He made an irritated noise with his tongue, after all the money and time he had spent getting this repaired, getting it stained with coke was the last thing he needed.  Worried, he began to quickly wipe down the outside of the case, making sure it was free from stain.  Once that was done, he immediately opened the case, which was in no way water proof, to inspect the well-being of the contents.

Luckily it seemed that little of the coke had made its way inside.  Matthias looked over the contents of the saxophone case, his prized alto saxophone, unassembled and neatly lain in  the interior of the case, along with basic care equipment, cork grease and polishing cloth.  Nevertheless, he set the entire case along the table and began wiping a bit of the inside of the case.  Occasionally he cast a glance between the washroom, in case Whitney came out, and the windor, in case Jodeen had finally decided to show up.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Eric Silvstedt, a.k.a. #17 on Franklyn Senior High School's baseball team, raised his eyebrows in irritation as he was all but scolded by the student who was sitting a few tables away from him.  Pushing his chair back and rising to his feet, Eric cast the brown-haired boy an evil glare before looking back at Ricky and motioning for him to follow en suite.  Ricky simply cast his companion a questioning glance, but stood up and followed quietly as Eric strode over to the table Matthias was located at.

"You got a problem?" Eric all but shouted, causing a few disgruntled stares from the restaurants other patriots.

"Dude..." Ricky chimed in quietly, "Don't start anything, this isn't the place."

Completely ignoring the hispanic boy's warning, Eric took another step toward the table and placed his hands at the corner, looking Matthias directly in the eye.  One thing the majority of the baseball team, as well as probably the rest of the school, knew about Eric Silvstedt was that he had a very, very bad temper.  Ricky cowered behind, his mouth somewhat agape, as he watched his friend's immature display of behavior.

"I asked you a question, pansy-fuck.  You got a fucking problem or not?"

"Hey Eric, chill out man," Ricky once again interrupted, only to once again be completely and totally ignored by the redhead.

In one fell swoop, the redhead's hand went flying toward Matthias's saxophone case, and in an instant, the open case and all its contents went flying onto the floor, most of the pieces flying out of the case upon impact.  A large grin spread across Eric's face as he took another step toward Matthias.  Meanwhile, all Ricky could do in the background was hold his hand up in the air and give an apologetic look to Matthias.

Fucking chad.

The thought ran through Eric's mind as he looked at Matthias and he once again smiled, looking down the few inches that divided him from the physically shorter Matthias.  If only to put icing on the cake, Eric's foot almost immediately collided with the brown-haired boy's saxophone case once again, this time sending it jumping up in the air upon impact.

"I think we outta fix that problem of yours," Eric mused.

"Eric, seriously man, enough," Ricky spoke up, this time a little louder.

Spinning around momentarily, Eric cast Ricky a hateful glare before shaking his head and glancing back toward Matthias.

"You got a problem too?" he asked nonchalantly, as though he wouldn't think twice about turning on Ricky if the need arose.

"No, no.  Just... we don't need to do this here, right?"

"Heh," was all Eric mustered as he looked back toward Matthias once again, as though contemplating his next course of action.  He had all but destroyed Matthias's newly renovated saxophone, and all over Matthias reprimanding him for his actions concerning Whitney.  Ricky could only look on forelornly, knowing he was completely powerless to do anything to stop Eric's antics.

"You wanna go, little man?" Eric inquired angrily, "You wanna take this outside?"
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

For the moment being, Matthias had all but forgotten all about the boys sitting together only a few tables away, focusing all his attention onto his prized alto saxophone, making sure that it had not suffered any damage from the coke spillage.  Luckily it seemed to be in the same condition as it had been when he'd finished getting it repaired: absolutely no less than perfect.  He took a moment to admire it for a moment, fighting the urge to whisk it out and reassemble it, and break into sonorous melo-

Matthias felt his hackles raise slightly as he felt the presence of the two boys, Ricky Callahan and Eric Silvstedt drawing nearer in deliberate strides.  He regarded them both with a look of caution and nonchalance, then found himself meeting Eric straight in the eye as the taller boy boldly leaned on his table.  Not at all fazed by Eric's scathing remark towards him, nor impressed by his brazenness, Matthias held his gaze, evenly looking straight into Eric's eyes but saying nothing.  

Though Matthias expression was stoic and emotionless, inside he felt deeply irritated by the nerve of this boy, one Eric Silvstedt.  He cast a brief look of disdain towards Callahan, who was not at all liking how this situation was unfolding, but was remaining passive and compliant to Eric's whims.  

Matthias opened his mouth to speak, about to tell Eric politely to leave him in peace and to get his greasy hands off the table he had just cleaned.  However, he was interrupted as his eyes caught the moving blur that was Eric's arm as he swept the saxophone case, along with the contents within, clean off the surface of the table and into the air.

Matthias could only stare silently, his gaze cold and frozen, as the contents came lose and went flying in a crashing mess across the floor, the ugly sound of brass hitting against the tiled floor in a jangled chorus.  Immediately, Matthias stood up, nearly knocking his chair over for all his abrupt movements, and suddenly he found himself face to face with Eric, standing a good number of inches taller than Matthias himself with a shameless grin.  Matthias lifted his chin up slightly, staring back coldly into Eric's eyes.  All his easygoing manner, all his casual, good-natured, and good-humoured expression and mannerisms had dissolved into the stoic young man standing aloof in front of Eric and Ricky with a look of pure contempt.

Still saying nothing, Matthias watched with a look of eerie calmness as Eric gave his fallen saxophone case a hard kick, sending it into the air before it skittered away a few feet.  Matthias could see the mouthpiece that had just fallen from it, landing hard against the tiled floor with a light, solitary 'clack' before rolling away.

Matthias immediately fell to his knees and began to recollect the scattered componants of his precious alto saxophone, the one he had been given two years ago from a teacher who used to lead the jazz band....before he moved away to Portland a ways off.  Though his face remained as hard and emotionless as stone, his heart stung as he surveyed the damage done to each componant as he took hold of them.  

The conditions were worse than he had expected.  The neck, delicately shaped and only just newly repaired, was in worse shape than it had been before, its tuning mechanism broken and ruined.  The mouthpiece only suffered a few scratches, along with a slightly bent ligature.  And then, Matthias cradled the body of the saxophone in his hands, examining it thoroughly using both sight and touch.

The keys were jammed.  Those that were still functional were bent out of place, and no longer fit.  Matthias' heart sank.  The body of his precious instrument was ruined.  Repair would cost twice....possibly four times as more than he had spent just to repair the neck.  And even if it were to be repaired, the sound that it would produce....

Silently, Matthias ran his finger along the bell of the saxophone, now bent and flawed from the horrible impact it had been dealt having fallen to the floor.  Carefully, despite the shape it was in now, he laid it among the rest of its fellow componants inside the saxophone case.

Closing it, he slowly rose to his feet, meeting Eric with a cold, steely gaze, though this time, his contempt and anger was quite clear, though contained.  He broke into a smile, one that was eerily good-natured and calm.

"Very perceptive," he remarked coolly.  "I guess you realized that there was now way I'd let you get off lightly after doing what you did."  

He heaved the saxophone case onto his shoulder, reaching into his pocket and leaving a ten dollar bill on the table, more than enough to satisfy the bill for the margarita he had ordered earlier.

He nodded towards Eric.  "After you."
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

An eerie silence had accumulated on the interior of Benson's Bar and Grill as many of the patrons watched the ongoing confrontation between Eric Silvstedt and Matthias Kovalenko.  Ricky Callahan happened to be one of those patrons.  His pleas with Eric had gone completely unheeded, with Eric even turning on him for a point due to his attempt to intercept the quickly brewing fight.  Ricky could only look on in shock and a little bit of embarrassment as his companion continued to harrass his fellow classmate.

This can't look good on me...

Despite the thought, Ricky did nothing.  As the two young men stood face-to-face, Ricky only felt a sense of foreboding.  Whatever the outcome of this battle, it was not going to end well for either party.  He looked on as the frizzy-haired Eric Silvstedt flashed a toothy grin to Matthias as he accepted his challenge.

"No, really," Eric stated wryly as he pulled the door open and ushered Matthias outside, "I insist, ladies first."

The hispanic boy couldn't help but roll his eyes at his friend's almost childlike remark.  However, despite how immature Eric was being, there was nothing childish about what was about to happen outside of the bar.  Somebody was about to be seriously hurt, and Ricky inwardly hoped that it wouldn't be Matthias.  After all, he'd done nothing wrong.  Eric had flipped out on him for standing up for the girl that Ricky didn't have the balls to.

The patrons that had been occupying the restaurant were slowly starting to line up against the glass windows of the restaurant lobby, all waiting in anticipation of the oncoming fight.  So, what now?  Ricky was almost positive that Eric wanted him to help take Matthias out, but that was way past drawing the line for the dark-haired boy.  He wouldn't help Eric fight Matthias, he knew that much.  Two-on-one, it just wasn't right.  Not to mention, Eric was the one who had picked the fight in the first place.

As Ricky reluctantly pushed open the door to the outside of the restaurant, a sinking feeling made its way into his stomache.  Yet again, Ricky Callahan found himself in a lose-lose situation.  He saw no reason Matthias should be beaten up for standing up for a friend.  In the same respect, he didn't really want to see his friend injured.  Besides that, if Matthias beat Eric, Eric would certainly expect Ricky to jump in, right?  Sighing loudly, Ricky leaned against the wall of the building and watched with a bit of interest as Eric circled the smaller boy.

"I'm gonna do to you what I did to that saxophone," Eric mused.

Not waiting for a reaction, Eric suddenly lashed out, causing a few of the patrons leaning into the windows to jump back in surprise and causing Ricky to scowl slightly as Eric's fist went flying toward Matthias's face in an almost cheap shot and depserate attempt at a first blow.  As Eric attempted to hit the younger boy, it finally clicked in Ricky's mind that Eric Silvstedt wasn't playing around, that he really meant business... over such a trivial, stupid incident.

Return to “Benson's Bar and Grill”