Without You

The former inhabitants of the island seem to have been rushed from their homes in a hurry. Houses within the residential area are still filled with goodies and still hold a uniform and up-kept appearance. The rows of brick houses beg for a bit of chaos that the oncoming battles are bound to provide.
Mitsuko2†

Without You

Post by Mitsuko2† »

((From: Friends? What are Friends?))

"I don't want to live anymore!" cried the black-haired girl hidden under the seemingly newly-furnished kitchen table. This was the first house she had found that was unlocked and she quickly holed herself up in it, keeping herself hidden from anyone who may pass by. She had been situated in that same spot for hours on end and had no intentions of moving anytime soon. Her daypack and axe were lying next to her.

"She's dead... dead... not coming back... alone... I'm alone... why did you take her from me!?" She wailed into the air, not sure if she was yelling at whatever god was there, the other student who killed her, or Danya himself.

She hid her head between her scrawny legs and wept some more. She had no reason to live now. First her father, and now her sister. No one left for her to turn to. She just wanted to die.

She saw her. Her twin's pale and lifeless body. She arrived at the school directly after being separated from the other girl. Was her name Melanie? Who cares? Nothing mattered now.

Just as the announcement started, she saw the one thing that would plague her for the rest of her short life. Jaime, beaten and battered, murdered and violated. The taunting voice of Danya only worked to solidify the fact that her other half, her beloved sister Jaime, was dead. She had seen her sister's sore and bruised breasts, her face, covered in sticky red liquid with some clear jellylike substance mixed in. On her chin was some sort of creamy white liquid. She nearly puked when she realized what it actually was. All she could do was cry. She could only cry for her now deceased sister.

She at least gave her sister some decency in death by wiping her face clean with an extra shirt she kept in her daypack. She then removed her own shirt and put it on her sister's cold body. She closed her sister's one remaining eye and folded her arms over her chest. She saw her sister's prized sweatshirt not too far off and donned it, in order to keep something of her sister's close to her always.

Now, Anna felt more alone that she ever had in her life. More than when in second and thirds grade, no one would talk to her, and she had no friends. Because Jaime was always there. Now she had no one. Now, she just wished someone would come and finish her off.

((Open for peace or battle, but I don't want to kill Anna yet.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

((continued from This Old House))

Huy had made real good time. He'd walked all the way to the small town at the center of the island in nothing flat. Well, maybe an hour or two...still good time. He had been on his toes the whole way there, managing yet again to avoid any contact with anyone. Maybe that was for the best. Huy would've preferred to approach someone in a more controlled environment, anyway...

...it was strange how controlled and uncontrolled an environment could be at the same time.

Huy snuck up the porch of the first house he saw. He listened closely at the door, unsure of the best way to go about entering. He couldn't just throw the door open; even the most docile of students would be freaked out, maybe even attack him. He was ready to defend himself either way, planning to go ape-shit on any hostile players he had a chance of beating. Huy was a little guy, but he was in good shape. He figured he had an advantage in just that.

He heard someone crying, a girl, inside of the house, and he felt a shiver go down his spine. That was the eeriest sound he'd ever heard; it seemed straight out of a horror flick. He hesitated for a moment. It was unnerving, sure, but she could need help, and Huy couldn't just walk away from someone in need. He turned the nob slowly and was surprised to find that it wasn't locked. Had she been so despaired that she'd neglected to protect herself?...On the other hand, if she did lock it than someone could just break in through the window. He pushed the door open and stepped inside, becoming uncomfortable just being out in the open. You never knew who was lurking out there.

"Hello?" he called softly, trying to sound as friendly and calm as possible. It was tricky, as his nerves were shot. He wanted to say something reassuring, that would make it easier to approach the crying girl. "I'm not going to hurt you," he said, "And I don't have a weapon..." Shit. Was that a good idea?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Anna heard the steps and voice of the intruder to her sanctuary. She sharply stood and picked up the axe. She made her way to the door of the kitchen and yelled out.

"Who are you?! Go away! I don't want to fight!"  She just wanted to die alone! She wanted to be alone! They should all go away! GO!! GO AWAY!!! ALL OF THEM< SHOULD DIE LIKE SHE DID!

OOC: worst post ever.... yuck... sorry!
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

"Woah, hey now!" Huy replied, backing a little bit towards the door. He still couldn't see this girl, and for all he knew she was packing heat. Huy was a fairly brave guy, but at that moment he was seriously contemplating bolting back out the door and trying his luck somewhere else. This lady sounded crazy.

"I don't want to fight either!" he called into the front hallway. He didn't even know precisely where she was hiding. Huy began to shake, adrenaline pumping through his veins. What if this was a mistake? What if nobody thought like he did? "L-listen," he said, trying to keep his voice steady (not to mention sincere), "I'm not playing! Please, believe me!"

'Please believe me,' he thought, biting his lip.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Anna felt even more scared than ever before in her short life. Should she trust this boy? Who was he? Was he from Franklin? Was he a player? What should she do? She tried to think like Jaime, think of a plan, think of a plan...

"Throw your bag here, I'll step out after and have your hands above your head. I'll chop you up If you're a liar!" Could she pull this off? Probably not.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

The girls final comment gave Huy some vague idea as to what he was dealing with. A knife? An axe, maybe? What chopped things? It was hard to think. At least he could take some comfort in the idea that she wasn't packing a gun. She couldn't be; she would have threatened him with that instead. He was fairly convinced she wasn't trying to pull one on him, either. But was he willing to bet his life on it?

"...Ok." Huy slowly set his bag on the ground and slid it down the hall toward the kitchen door. "I don't have a weapon, though." His hands went up to his head and he stood waiting for her decision. "Someone made a mistake. Or maybe they thought it would be funny, I don't know, but I don't have one."

It suddenly occurred to him that she might attend Franklyn. He didn't know everyone, but he always tried to make a good impression with his fellow students, even those who were casual aquaintances. Even those who were strangers. He thought about it for a moment, and decided there was no harm in telling her who he was. It seemed like a good idea.

"My name is Huy," he said. "Huy Tran." He highly doubted she would get a kick out of his phonetically delicious first name in this situation. People often cracked a smile when they first heard it. His friends would occasionally exclaim "weee!" at his expense. "I'm from Franklyn." Huy didn't bother to ask her what her name was or what school she attended; he was worried she may become worked-up again if he talked too much.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Anna's heart was pounding like a bass drum in her chest, it almost hurt. She didn't like pressure and this was like the epitome of it. She didn't want to have to fight someone. No. She just wanted to wait for her collar to explode and end it all. Then... why was she resisting? Was it to keep Jaime alive somehow through herself? Perhaps... but... she still wanted to die.

She heard the bag slide over to the door and the boy mumbled some more about being weaponless. She couldn't believe that though. No. She just couldn't believe such things, not in a game like this. She had to trust no one. He seemed sincere, but she just couldn't trust it. Even if she wanted to.

Then, he said his name and she nearly dropped the axe in surprise and joy. It was Huy! He was in her homeroom in Franklyn! He was her friend! She had someone! Thank god!

"Huy! Huy it's really you!" She yelled out as she stepped into the hallway, tears streaming down her face. "Thank god!"
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

The girl (and her axe) stepped into view suddenly, which startled him and would probably have set him off out the door like a jackrabbit, if she weren't saying his name with such joy and recognition. As he realized who it was, Huy felt like an immense weight had been removed from his chest. The metaphorical dark clouds had been pierced by a ray of shimmering light.

"Anna??" he exclaimed, dumbfounded. He wanted to express his relief further, but no words came as he approached his friend and fellow Franklynite, Anna Dibenidetti. He would have never recognized her by her voice; she had sounded like a different person.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Anna was so grateful that life decided to give her Huy. He was a good friend, no doubt, but he was also one of the only friendly faces there was for anna on this god-forsaken island. She and Huy had met through Jaime, who was friends with pretty much everyone in the school. They weren't the best of friends, but they were close enough. Anna was grateful to see him.

She dropped her axe to the ground. It landed with a dull thud. Anna felt as if she just dropped 1,000 pounds. She gestured to the kitchen as Huy drew closer and wiped her tears away, even though they kept on coming.

"C'mon... let's sit down. And we should probably lock the door." She sniffled and walked over to the front door. She closed and locked it, being sure no one was out there first, then turned back to the sanctuary of the kitchen. She walked in and sat at the table, motioning for Huy to sit as well.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Huy complied without hesitation, leaving his bags in the hall where he'd slid them and taking a seat at the table. He felt like he hadn't seen Anna in ages, when in fact he'd seen her in homeroom a couple days ago. No, scratch that, he'd seen her on the bus...Huy cringed, the memory of their homeroom teachers demise surfacing again.

Huy turned his attention to Anna; he still couldn't believe it. "I'm so glad to see you," he said, smiling for the first time in nearly two days. "I--uh...?" Jaime's sweater. Why hadn't he noticed? While it was true that the Dibenidetti sisters were twins, they were by no means identical. Similar, yes. But not identical. Different enough that Huy was able to immediately recognize Anna by her face (and hair; hers was straight) a moment ago. If, however, he hadn't been able to see her face, Huy's first guess would've been that it was Jaime instead, judging by the bright red hoodie.

And now gears turned in his memory, and tumblers fell into place. The morning announcement...his smile faded and he looked from the red sweater to her teary eyes. "Jaime?" he asked softly, almost sure of the answer.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Anna was at least a bit happier now. She had someone to talk to. Maybe they could wait out the game together. He had no weapon, and she wanted to die. What a team... She sighed and wiped away the excess tears. Thankfully she stopped crying.

"I'm glad to see you too Huy... It feels like it's been forever..." She sighed and looked at the familiar boy. He seemed like he was from another life. One that couldn't coincide with the one she had now been forced to live. It was horrible to feel. Then he said the one word that made all those tears come back again. She was surprised she hadn't dehydrated by now. Jaime... dead.... She was dead...

"She's... she's dead... She was killed!" She yelled and buried her face in her hands, not wanting to cry but the tears just kept on coming. She couldn't help it. She was dead, Anna couldn't save her sister.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Huy had never known Anna's late sister all that well--they had been nothing more than friendly aquaintances--but witnessing the girls pain moved him deeply. He remained silent, tears welling in his eyes as Anna opened the floodgates.

He couldn't just leave her to cry by herself, so Huy decided to risk an awkward situation and get up promptly from his seat, walking around the table to the mourning sister and hunching over beside her (it wasn't hard to do, considering his height) to see if she needed a hug.

There had been times when he himself had needed a hug to make him feel better...but he couldn't have told his parents about what he was feeling then. They would've stuck him in an institution, away from everyone he knew, where they perscribed medication to make you think you felt better.

Huy perscribed Anna a big hug, to show her that she was not alone.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Anna felt Huy encircle her with his arms and she returned the embrace. She cried violently into his chest, her body shivering with despair. She never wanted this. She thought that she'd live a good life! She didn't want to die young. She didn't want Jaime to be dead! She just wanted this all to be some crazy dream. She just wanted to get out of bed and wake up her mother and Jaime. She wanted to go back to school and talk to Huy and Sandra (who wasn't in her class). She wanted to go to a good collage! She wanted to grow old and have kids! She wanted to die with her husband! That's what she wanted! But it was all impossible now. She and everyone else on this island were dead. They were the walking dead.

"Why, Huy? Why... why couldn't I save her!? Why wasn't I there for her?! I could've saved her! I could've died instead! But I let her die! I let her die and get raped! Oh Huy! WHY!" She cried. She held her friend in a death grip and sobbed. Not only for Jaime, but for herself and Huy, and for every other kid on the island who is being forced to kill and die. Everyone was dead...
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Raped, too? 'Jaime, God...' Huy thought, clenching his fists behind Anna's back. She sobbed into his shirt, and he felt the full force of her grief bear on his chest. 'What the fuck are they all doing? How could they? Are they all fucking animals??' There really was no question that perfectly summed up his thoughts, and even if there was, Anna wouldn't be able to answer it for him. God help her. If he was up there at all.

He couldn't keep the tears back now. They streamed slowly down his cheeks and burned his temples. 'Jaime...I'm sorry...I'm sorry I didn't find you first...'

"Anna...you shouldn't blame yourself," he choked, holding her tighter. He couldn't console her any more than that; couldn't find the words. All he could say was, "Jaime...I remember, she...always told me how important you were to her. When...when it happened..." She knew what he was talking about. A death in the Dibenidetti family. "...she talked about you a lot. She really loved you." His voice wavered a bit, but he tried as hard as he could to make these words clear.

"She wouldn't want you to blame yourself."
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Anna held on tightly to Huy. He was... he was her only friend here. He'd help her. He'd help her die with her sister. That was her penance. To die. She had to die to be forgiven. To be forgiven for letting her die. For letting her get raped. For letting her be alone. For being unworthy of the life she lived. The life that her sister should have. Anna's fingers clawed into Huy's back and she sobbed. He was crying too. She heard him. He was one of her only friends. She briefly wondered if Sandra was watching right now. If she was, was she rooting for them? Was she hoping for them to come out alive? Was she watching them right now? She didn't know. She just didn't know.

Huy held her tighter and she felt safe. She felt safe there. In his arms she was safe from everything. Then he said those words. Don't blame myself? How can't I? I let her down. It was my idea! Mine! I told her to go to the school! I led her to her death... I killed her.

"I let her down..." The words came out barely a whisper, and she doubted he heard them. His next words hit her like a ton of bricks. She... said all of that? Really? Oh yeah... we were... so sad... so very sad...

Anna and Jaime were sitting there. Their mother Diane's cry's and screams of anguish echoed in their ears. Jaime looked at her sister, she was sitting in the fetal position, staring at the wall in front of her. Anna didn't blink. All she could do was remember the look of her father's corpse. The battered body. It shook her to the core. Jaime looked at her sister with sad eyes. She knew what was going on in her head. They were twins after all. Jaime scooted over to her sister, so that they were sitting hip to hip, and put her arms around Anna. Anna looked to her sister. They locked eyes. They both understood the other's pain. Anna's eyes flooded with tears and Jaime hugger her tighter.

"Anna... it's you and me sis. We gotta stay strong. Okay? I love you Anna. Stay strong for me, okay? Please. Stay strong forever. Stay strong, and keep your head held high. Daddy always said that. So do it, and make him and me proud."

Anna smiled at the memory, and pushed away from Huy and out of the embrace. She smiled at him and wiped the tears away. She'd keep herhead held high, and make sure to keep moving forward.

"You're right Huy. Thank you."

Then the announcements came on. 18 dead. That makes 30. 30 people dead. That scared her a little.

"Huy... where do we go from here?"

Return to “Residential District”