Home Sweet Home*

Briarwood Apartment Complex, situated on the north side of town, boasts a stunning 498 units in the sprawling complex. People from all over flock to Briarwood for housing: the rich, the poor, and those in between. The complex is somewhat segregated in terms of wealth. Those who can afford the higher-priced apartments have them, while those who aren't so fortunate are stuck with the crummy ones in the back.
Hirono Shimizu*

Home Sweet Home*

Post by Hirono Shimizu* »

Yukie sat quietly on the balcony of her families apartment her legs crossed neatly and her hands upon her lap. Beyond the noise of the district below her she could hear the sound of her parents screaming. She knew what it was about. Recently her father had been coming home late. Yukie had a faint idea what her father was doing, going to the local bar attempting to pick up girls Yukie's age. It disgusted her. Yukie moved onto her knee's before she pushed off of the ground with her hands. Yukie stood near the door and listened to what was being said.

"STOP LYING TO ME!!!" Yukie's mother screamed soon followed by what sounded like a plate smashing into a wall or the ground. Yukie cringed continuing to eaves drop.

"You and your Paranoia, I should leave you and that worthless daughter of ours. You two are holding me back, If it wasn't for the both of you and your nagging i would be up there with the big shots" Said her father sounding rather serious. Yukie couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her father thought of her as useless, but that wasn't the thing that annoyed her most. It was the fact that he thought he deserved to be rich and famous.

Yukie knew her father was a drunk alcoholic, but blaming his family for his current state was unacceptable. Yukie opened the balcony door and re-entered the apartment when all of a sudden the noise stopped. They both seemed to have forgotten Yukie was even around. Yukie's mother immediatly rushed over a bright smile on her face, acting as if nothing had happened "Yukie! Your home! How was school?" her mothers voice was still holding back tears, she could tell.

Yukie smiled and hugged her mother "School was good.... Well considering its school anyway" Yukie said afterwards giggling. She knew the bugging would start soon. She hoped and begged it didn't but she knew her parents too well. Always after an argument they suck up to her. But after She seemed fine, they pressured her more. Yukie pushed passed her mother and father and headed to her room immediatly closing the door behind her.

Return to “Briarwood Apartment Complex”