Mimi's V7 Character Portraits

All art by Mimi

Welcome to Artist's Alley! Within, our forum's aspiring artists can showcase their artwork -- be it drawings, sketches, poetry, writings, or any other creative works.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Said it then and saying it again now: these are really, really good. Mimi's style has developed into something really cool and unique and I love the personality and vibrancy she brings to everyone she draws.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I've been drawing again! Mostly trying to catch up by redoing kids who have had outfit changes going into the island from pregame and the kids who are rolled/died!

Abel Zelenovic
Adele Jones New Outfit
Beryl Mahelona
Chris Bright
Felix Rees
Terra Johnson
Yuko Hayashibara

Adele Jones New Outfit
Kelly Nguyen New Outfit
Madison Springer New Outfit

Autumn O'Leary of V4
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

These are really, really good. I've missed seeing your art and am super glad you're making more of it!

I love how Abel simultaneously comes off as a pretty classic jock in his stance and attire, yet also a good dude. You managed to make him look pretty benign, I think mostly in how you angled his eyebrows. I also love the little messy bits in his hair and the folds on his shirt sleeve.

Adele's update looks really nice. She has loads of attitude, and you've done a great job with her accessories. The necklace especially has a cool focal nature to it, standing out despite being so small. I'm also impressed that you got her ponytail to look both fashionable and messy at once.

Beryl is totally amazing. She's actually a character I had a bit of trouble picturing physically before (not due to anything on Cicada's end--I'm just bad at visualizing people out of words in general), but now everything clicks together perfectly. You really got this sort of whimsical attitude about her, in how her hair spreads out every which way and also in her smile. She reminds me of the Cheshire Cat, or something else from Alice in Wonderland.

I am super wowed that you got little flowers on Chris' shirt. That must've taken a load of time to get to look decent, but the results definitely justify it. I love the sorta cheeky chin grab you have her doing, and the way you made her eyebrow piercing pop without overstating it.

Felix simultaneously looks casual and incredibly smug and I love it. I think it's the combination of the smirk and the lean that really puts him over the edge for me. I'm also really impressed by how you handled his freckles; they're noticeable but faint, not popping unless you look really closely but giving him a lot of extra character to his face. And the way his glasses are catching the light some is very nice too.

Terra looks very proper in a way I can't quite put my finger on, yet at the same time has some good assertiveness in that raised eyebrow. She also looks like she's looking right at the viewer, kind of going "Really?" This fits nicely with her reaction upon stumbling into a mugging. Her hair looks really good with some of its strands highlighted, and I love the pocket you gave her tanktop--it breaks up an otherwise-plain outfit.

Speaking of making kind of plain outfits work, you did a great job on Yuko. She really has a distinct look, which I think pops in part due to the background color you gave her working well with the cooler, darker shades of her hair and top. I like how accentuated her cheeks are, and also the way you made her look tall just by the way you handled her build. I'm not quite sure how to explain it.

Kelly's update is really nice. I liked her 1.0 version too, but you've really given her some extra life with her side-tail and the straps of her dress. I can't believe you got the little gold buckles to look so nice, and the pocket in the middle again makes for a great focal point--you have a really good eye for keeping characters interesting and avoiding large swathes of uninterrupted space. I think her pose is really nice too, making her look very innocent--just how she'd want it.

Madison's update is lovely. I'm wowed by the way you managed to make Connor's her jacket look both like it fits her alright and like it's bulky and clearly not designed for her build; it's a really tricky balancing act and you've pulled it off with style. I think I said it in chat, too, but I also enjoy how the littlest hint of extra obstruction around her eyelashes makes her come off as a lot more... not exactly dangerous, but likely to do the things she's been doing all Pregame. That's the I'd-rather-walk look, it feels like.

Finally, it's really cool to see you go back and do some work on an older version. Autumn looks super nice. I'm impressed that you actually included an abduction outfit in a V4 profile, too. I love the way you have her looking to the side, and the almost windswept look of her hair. She comes across as sad but also proper, which fits her to a t.

You absolutely rock for making these, and I'm so glad to see them coming again. Thank you for spending your time on them!
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun

Return to “Artist's Alley”