Carry Stress In the Jaw

Although it's called a hospital, it's really more of an island clinic. It's a relatively small building, covered in whites and pastels to give it a clean and sterile look. Even the waiting rooms and the patient rooms in the back beg for a little color. The cupboards and cabinets still contain various medications prescribed by clinic physicians. It's the opportune place to head if you're needing to tend to a few wounds -- it's also the opportune place to head if you're set on picking off the weak links.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Bryan threw himself against the wall to his left immediately after the shot rang out, still confused and disoriented but fortunately just clear-headed enough to anticipate another shot from the pistol. It missed, and he pumped the barrel to return fire when suddenly Mari was bolting for the window and pulling the rifle on him, to which his first instinct was to hit the floor. And he did, hard. His elbow cracked against the linoleum and sent a shot of pain up his arm, but he didn't feel anything else that would indicate that he'd been hit. Bryan shot his head up quickly but Mari was already gone.

"Psycho bitch..."

He got up with a pained grunt (ignoring the protest of his throbbing joint, it didn't feel broken) and scrambled over to Tori in her fetal position. He turned her over to lift her shoulders off the ground and surveyed her wounds, breathing heavily and trying to convince himself that this wasn't really happening. He felt something heavy at the back of his throat, and before he could even try to hold them back tears were sliding down his cheeks.

"No, come on..." he said softly, and then suddenly he shook her and his voice became much more urgent, as if keeping her alive would be as easy as keeping someone awake. "Tori, stay with me!" The announcements had come on, but he wasn't listening and only little pieces of information registered.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Tori could hear shots ring over head as Bryan and Mari exchanged greetings. On the bright side, her leg didn't hurt as much anymore, instead she was laying curled up with her arms around her stomach. Mari had left and it was back to being just her and Bryan. She felt him shaking her and it hurt so bad.

You've really done it now.. If you had just listened to Bryan in the first place.. You wouldn't be dying.

Tears from Bryans face mixed with her own on her cheeks. Every inch of her wanted to sleep. She was so tired, so exhausted, so hungry. Tori looked up at Bryan, his eyes watery and his voice begging her to stay. She cared for him so much.

"I guess you were right.." She said, trying to laugh but only coughing. A warm thick feeling formed at the back of her throat, like flem when you're really sick, only more salty. Reaching a hand up to Bryans shoulder she tried to pull him closer. There was no point in trying to laugh or making lighter of the situation. She was dying and there was nothing either of them could do about it.

"..I'm sorry."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Bryan shook his head, he hadn't been right. He'd been wrong to leave her alone for a second. He'd fucked up bad, when it had counted, and now she was dying because of it. On the home stretch no less. He felt cheated.

'I want another chance, please give me another chance...

...never again, I promise...

...just gimme another fucking chance...
'

She said she was sorry, and he just kept shaking his head because he flat-out refused to let her die now. Not when they were so close. He brushed her hair from her damp forehead with a shaking hand and drew his thumb across her cheek. It was devestating to see her like this, and he could feel a deep gut hate for Mariavel welling up in his heart. Stupid fucking bitch, stupid selfish dumbshit fucking bitch...

"Shh..." It was directed at Tori but in truth also to keep himself calm. That was key, don't panic. He reached with some effort over her towards his daypack that had been left against the wall. The first aid kit, that would help. He could fix it. He dropped the pack beside him and fished desperately through it for the medical supply tin.

"It'll be ok, we'll fix it...please, just stay awake. I can fix it..."

'Please God, one more chance...'
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Hang in there baby." Tori' mother cried as she clutched onto her husband' arm.

"It'll be alright. She'll be alright."

The two watched silently as the young boy whom had stayed with their daughter for so long was desperately trying to find something to stop the bleeding. He seemed to be crying just like them. They had to admit, watching him kiss their daughter was awkward, but when it came to it, they wouldn't have wanted anyone else with her. It was Mrs. Jefferson who Tori talked to about her first day of school. She came home so excited about meeting a cute boy named Bryan. Apparently they walked around the school, went to the beach and she pitched in to buy him a burger. It was the first night that she and her daughter had an actual talk about something nice, different from the nights they just stayed up fighting with each other.

It was Tori' father that got to hear about it the next following days. It was the same thing over and over again. Tori would come home happy, sit down and eat dinner with her parents, do her homework and sit with them and just talk about stuff between commercials of their favourite TV shows. In a way he felt like he somewhat owed it to the boy, making his daughter so happy. He missed Tori so much. The girl he saw on the other side of the TV screen was not his beautiful baby girl that he raised. Even through static he could sense the sorrow in her eyes, and though Mr. Jefferson wasn't one for crying, always being the strong house of the family, it was in his daughters final moments, thinking about how scared she must be, that he began to weep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Ahhh.. It hurts.."

If ever asked "what does getting shot in the stomach feel like?" Tori would have to say getting her thigh shot two more times, an arm cut off and what she could only assume giving birth would feel like all rolled into one. Bryan kept telling her to stay awake but it was getting too hard. Every time she closed her eyes she felt a little warmer and she felt so cold already.

"I'm sorry... I should have listened."

She couldn't move to much without the sharp pain jutting all over her body. She wanted to tell him so much, tell him how lucky she was and that it was all her fault. One of those 'if I could change one thing' moments.. She didn't want to die, there was too much left for her to do. According to her plans from grade school, Tori was still yet to marry, have 4 kids, name them all Molly Nancy George and Charles, be a high school teacher loved by all her students and retire very very very rich. It wasn't fair.

"I wish we were on the beach again."

Tori wasn't sure if she wanted to push him away so he wouldn't see her or have him hold her close. Either way, she knew she didn't have much time left. Lifting her chin the best she could Tori set her eyes on Bryan one last time before she closed them.

I'll always remember the beach...

GIRL STUDENT #14 TORI JOHNSON: DEAD
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

((suggested listening -- Jesper Kyd: Ave Maria))

'Stop the bleeding. There, that's good. Pressure. Good, good. Okay, now just...just...'

"Shhhh..." he responded to Tori's second apology. He had to concentrate or he was going to lose her. Her breathing became weaker, and he doubled his efforts despite the detriment of his heavy breathing and tearing eyes. The cloth he was using to prevent Tori's bleeding stomach was becoming steadily more crimson.

"No, come on...Tori, stay awake!" he choked, wiping one of his eyes with a free hand. She said she wished they were back on the beach in Denton, and he never wanted anything else so bad in his life. But he knew it couldn't happen.

'Please don't take her away...I thought...I thought she was for me....'

'...'

Bryan stopped applying the pressure, his chest still heaving but beginning to slow. It was quiet now except for the crackling announcements, but he was tuning them right out. His lip trembled as he kept his eyes fixed on his hands, which rested on Tori's now motionless stomach. Her breathing had stopped. She was dead. That was it; you lose, thanks for playing.

It hurt so much. Bryan curled his quivering hands into fists as his face contorted into an expression of agony. Now there was a different kind of pressure building up at the front of his skull as he clenched his teeth and exhaled with a low grumble until it hurt at the back of his eyes. A half-insane chuckle rumbled past his lips. "Come on..."

Bryan slammed his fist against the cold, hard floor. "COME ON! DON'T FUCKING DO THIS TO ME!!" he screamed, getting to his feet in a wild rage and hurling the medkit against the wall with a crash. He let out a cry and toppled the instrument table. Surgical tools and 9mm shells spilled onto the floor. He wasn't screaming at Tori. It was someone else, someone he couldn't see. Not Danya. Not Wilson. Someone he wasn't even sure could hear him, or existed. Someone who'd cheated him, who'd let Tori die because she'd had a big enough heart to save Mari from being worm food.

'Mari...'

"MARI, YOU FUCKING STUPID BITCH!" he roared at the top of his lungs, snatching up the SPAS-12 furiously. The daypack that lay open beside him held the hand axe and the Agram, and he threw the shotgun strap over his shoulder to grab them both as well. Hastily he opened a box of shotgun shells and clumsily stuffed a handful into his pocket. The supplies meant nothing to him anymore. He'd fucking eat Mari's skin if he had to, but now pursuing her was top priority. The only priority. Get her. Fucking catch the bitch and make her pay. Anything to stop the awful hurting.

Wiping his tearing eyes, Bryan cast one final glance at the girl who'd meant everything to him and scrambled through the window after Mari, full-out sprinting toward the school building. He had nothing to lose anymore.

'Goddamn you, she was for me!'

((concluded in Redemption))

Return to “The Hospital”