Carry Stress In the Jaw

Although it's called a hospital, it's really more of an island clinic. It's a relatively small building, covered in whites and pastels to give it a clean and sterile look. Even the waiting rooms and the patient rooms in the back beg for a little color. The cupboards and cabinets still contain various medications prescribed by clinic physicians. It's the opportune place to head if you're needing to tend to a few wounds -- it's also the opportune place to head if you're set on picking off the weak links.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

((Taking over for Croco due to inactivity limits.))

Vesa's first glance into the room was a bit brief, only long enough for him to catch one of the people inside, a male with a bloodied temple. His fingers wrapped snug around the gun's handle and trigger, ready to start the fight.

Vesa quickly figured that this was the "Bryan Calvert" he'd heard about in previous announcements, and one of the power players in the game, looking like he was working on a grisly and painful fate for a female "patient." He'd turned out to be a real fighter, and if he wanted to go down in a proper fight, he figured it would most certainly have to be at Bryan's hands. In fact, that scream had to come from Bryan's latest victim...and even if that victim was already dead, this would be the perfect chance for him to redeem himself for the lives he had taken.

He withdrew quickly and silently behind the door and cocked the Beretta. It was a click that probably could not be heard from around the wall.

Matti...Peter...everyone...this is for you...

His confidence and determination were quickly undermined as he took one more look around, this time getting a full version of the picture.

Bryan was treating a female "patient," literally. The girl was screaming because he was trying to remove a bullet from her leg...and it was something she appeared to be grateful for. She was also returning the favor by treating his skull. The two had formed a bond of friendship together...bordering closely on love. It was an experience that the Finn had lacked during this hellish week on the island.

And that's when they kissed, causing Vesa to recoil. Suddenly, the injuries he had suffered felt like they had not only been reopened but prodded.

Although he wasn't chauvinist by most measures, this was a sight that defied the memories of his encounters with female competitors, most of them violent and two of them ending with their deaths at his hands. Even before a bullet or sharp melee weapon could pierce his arteries, he could feel his heart breaking. He needed to get himself some composure, and if he went in now, his hesitation would very likely cost him his life and whatever was left of his honor.

The most that Bryan and Tori would have heard was a rapid series of muffled thumps as Vesa Turunen grabbed his supplies and retreated from the hospital. Fighting Bryan would have been a thrill, but Tori would have gotten in the way...and given her injured state, it would be almost too easy for him to add another innocent victim to his kill rack, and especially tear up a loving relationship. And the thought of that seemed to drain him of his fighting spirit.

Vesa would get the fight of his life. But it would not be here.

((Continued in Poet of the Fall))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

((OOC: Damn it, Laz...I was about to put something up, then tell Cyco to leave him to the point of death.  That and I had put up a post, but it never went through...I'd like to know who authorized this.  It sure as hell wasn't me, that's for sure...))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

((you forfited your rights to him when you didn't kill him by the deadline. Sorry hun. Lve with it.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

((You actually put up a post? Uh...dang. Sorry. ;.=.; I'm trying to keep Vesa in character and I assure you he will put up a fight.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Bryan shot an eye open and glanced at the door. Had it just been his imagination?

"...I should really sort that shit," he finally piped up in an apologetic tone. He broke the kiss and pulled away from Tori, but there wasn't the same awkward feeling lingering between them that there'd been before. Instead, Bryan felt his resolve strengthen.

Bryan headed over to the small pile of gear amassed against the wall and got to work managing the weapons and supplies into two bags. As it turned out Felix had amassed a collection of his own. Bryan guessed that he'd killed at least two people seeing as he'd been in possession of that gun (which unfortunately hadn't show up with Felix's body) and two additional weapons in his bag: a folding knife and a hammer. He deposited the former in his pocket and the latter in the loop on the leg of his overalls, fairly certain that neither he nor Tori would need either of them. Besides, when would he ever have a chance to make use of his cool utility loop again? Bryan kept Tori's bag and his own, if just because of the notion he had going that they were lucky. When he was done he brought the two bags over and handed Tori the Walther pistol, along with the two boxes of 9mm bullets (the other from the Agram).

Fortunately Mattlock had done well in maintaining both magazines, and one was still full. "Reload these whenever you get the chance," he said, holding them out for her. "Safety's on the left, red is dead. Think you can handle that?" Bryan really only knew the bare minimum about handguns, but Tori didn't have to know that.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

I hate guns.

"Yea, I think I can handle that..." said Tori as she sat up into a better position to examine the pistol. "Are we moving to somewhere else now?"

The tension was growing and if she remembered right there was something along the lines of five or eight people left. They couldn't stay in the same spot for long, and seeing as there where only really three safe zones left they'd have to be careful abouts how and where they went about moving. When you're this far into the game, all you have are you're thoughts... which after a while tend to repeat over and over again. When you don't have a sense of time it can really make you go mad. Tori remembered sitting in her Anthro class learning about something along the same lines. The Zimbardo Experiment was what they called it... though those involved called it 'hell'.

"I'm not sure how far I can go.. and we can't have you carrying me if someone takes us by surprise either."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Bryan shook his head. "We're not going anywhere yet, but we gotta be ready for anything."

They would play the defensive for as long as they could, but if they had any reason to leave the hospital Bryan figured they could just use the wheelchair he'd seen in the waiting room to move Tori.

Bryan stretched and tried to savour the opportunity to rest up, but ultimately it had been spoiled by the building endgame pressure. He doubted he would be able to sleep even if he tried.

"I'll sleep when I'm dead," he grumbled inaudibly.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

By now Tori decided that if they was going to make it, she'd have to ignore the pain in her leg and just bare through it. It was getting really close to the last remaining few and she had to admit that things were starting to look really good for her and Bryan. She knew that if they just rested up for a bit longer they'd be able to be on their way out of here.

"Can you pass me some water? I'm really really thirsty."

Tori, along with being really thirsty, was also starving, but she didn't want to eat up all their food. They'd need all they could spare since there was no telling when it'd all be over.

God I miss my blue dress...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Bryan obliged without so much as a peep; his mind was elsewhere. Actually it was all over the place.

'If it actually comes down to just me and Tori...might as well take a shot at Wilson or Danya. Or both, if I can catch them while they're blowing eachother.' He would have smiled but then he would have to tell Tori about it, and it probably sounded better in his head. 'Still...gonna die. That sucks...'

'...hope I don't go to hell...'

'...wonder if there really is an afterlife...'

'...maybe I'll meet Seth...'

'...we could grab a pint.'
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"Bryan.. I uh," Tori piped up after taking a big swig of water. "I don't think... um.. thanks for sticking it out with me in this place... it means a lot to me."

She didn't want to take a risk of making him more uncomfortable by spatting on about how much he means to her and if it wasn't for him... so she decided to leave it at that. If he wanted to say something he could, but as of right now Tori was content just thinking happy thoughts until they figured out their next move.

Blue dress... blue silky dress. White lace, flowing, soft as could be... Blue dress.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Mariavel felt horrible. She could barely see in front of her, her vision like a swirl of colors now. She had her hand pressed hard against the bleeding hole in her stomach, attempting unsuccessfully to stop the bleeding. She walked on slowly, barely registering that she was slowly dieing. She had one thing in mind. Find a building, and rest. She felt like pukeing. Her head was pounding.

All in all, she was done for if she didn't fix herself up soon.

Soon she stumbled upon a large building, she didn't care what it was. She pushed the doors open hurridly, and stumbled inside. She dropped the rifle and dayback to the ground noisily, and collapsed  abruptly. She felt her vision going hazy, and her eyes closed slowly.

She needed to rest.

"Someone... please..." She called out softly, before she slowly slipped into a deep sleep.

If she didn't get help now, she'd die...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Bryan smiled at Tori. "Thanks, for being worth it."

There was a commotion out in the waiting room, and Bryan's smile faded as he turned his head and stood up. "Stay here," he mumbled, ready for the same scenario that'd gone down at the school a few nights ago. He grabbed the SPAS-12 and toggled the safety off with familiarity, adjusting the hammer now hanging at his side as he headed for the door.

'Not much farther,' he kept telling himself. 'Ten left; time to pull out all the stops.' He wasn't as concerned as he'd been before, about how Tori would do without him if he screwed up. She had a good arsenal to work with now: handgun, SMG, bunch of melee weapons...

'...that stupid rope...dart...thing...' he thought, closing the door behind him and making his way down the hallway. Thinking of the melee weapons Bryan remembered the piss-poor state of that goggle kid before he'd intervened back at the mall. He would never admit it, but Tori'd had the situation under control as she'd so claimed.

"You're fuckin' kidding me," Bryan said aloud, dumbfounded as he came upon the unconscious figure of Mariavel Varella. Notorious for her kill count, armed to the teeth, a bipolar psychobitch...their biggest competition as far as he was concerned, and here she was on a fucking platter. Bryan turned her onto her back with his boot. She was hurt pretty bad, a gunshot wound from the looks of things, but it didn't look fatal. She was breathing. Not for long, though, he decided after a moment to deliberate.

"Nothing personal, Mari," he said under his breath, pointing the nose of the shotgun down at her to finish her off. It wasn't pretty, but then again what was on this shithole island? Mariavel was a risk, a variable that had to be taken out of the equation.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Tori was getting quite used to moments of 'bliss' shared between Bryan and herself getting taken away just as quickly as they came. Another thing she was getting used to was Bryan's constant command of 'Stay here', so that she wouldn't get hurt. Although her leg was still sore, and Bryan gave her specific orders to stay still, she couldn't help but retreat back to her childish ways and following him out of the room.

From the door way, she could see a body on the ground as Bryan approached it. Through squinting eyes Tori was able to make out it was her friend Mari. She was at loss for words as he lefted the barrel of his gun at the unconcious girl. She knew that her friend had been responsible for most of the deaths she'd heard on the announcements, as well as holding countless weapons making her a major threath. As much as a bad person she appeared to be and though Bryan was only looking out for their best interest, t he only thing that came to her mind was something Mari told her a couple days ago... which seemed like forever ago in her mind.

"Tori... Nothing is everything. Everything is nothing. Has anyone ever told you that before? My brother once said that to me, and I never understood it until coming here.

"It means that... you must persevere. No mater how people tell you that you can't do anything, or that you're a nobody. You have to show them that they're wrong. It's tough. Because sometimes you even believe it yourself. It makes you hurt, and t makes you want to let it all fade away. But... you have to press on. Show the real you. And let them all know... tell them who you are."

I can't let him kill her...

"No." Tori whispered at first, raising her voice louder so Bryan could hear her.

"No, Don't... don't do that!"

"Please... don't shoot her.."

Mari had been the only girl on the island she talked to, and bonded with. She knew that deep down she was that same girl that opened up so much to her in the school building. The same girl that missed her brother just as much as her herself did. The same girl that just wanted to live like the rest of them.

She's not as bad as they're making her out to be... she's just confused...
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Bryan stayed his trigger finger at Tori's protest, if only to spare her from seeing Mari's demise. He kept his eyes on Mari, exhaling heavily through his nostrils and responding in a frustrated tone, "I told you to stay in the room."

'Don't let up, don't be a fucking idiot,' he thought to himself. 'She doesn't understand.'
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Tori began to hobble towards Mari and Bryan, searching for something to say that would make him turn his gun away.

"You can't! She's my friend...

"She's your friend...."

Come, think.. he's not moving.. you can't have him kill her! Think damnit! Seth? What abou- right! That's it.

"Damnit Bryan, what about Seth? You're going to pay him back by killing his girlfriend?!"

She wasn't sure what was making her tear up the most. The fact her leg was starting to bleed through the bandage due to all the pressure being put on it... or her friend starring down the barrel of Bryan's gun. He still hadn't moved by the time she made it to his side. Kneeling down next to Mari, she tried her best to get between the gun and the girl.

"She'll be okay... we'll just have to clean her up a bit."

Return to “The Hospital”