Hajime

The red brick building that is the high school contains ten different classrooms. There are stone archways and the classes contain desks and tables covered in pens, highlighters, and post-it notes. The rooms have dirty oval windows and plastic white floors. Plastic Easter baskets are still on top of many of the desks. Only dirty test tubes remain in the science room. There is an exercise room containing rusted equipment.
Outfoxd

Hajime

Post by Outfoxd »

((G070 Katy Warren-Start))

Katy was wound as tightly as if she was in the finals of the Olympics.

She was seated at a desk in one of the buildings numerous classrooms.  Her bag was at her feet, within reach of her.  A muscle in her jaw twitched as she clenched and un-clenched.  In her hand was one of the flashbang grenades the manual in her bag had so helpfully instructed her on how to use.

Katy had gotten past the "not believing" part of this experience to the "What am I going to do?"  part.  And in all honesty, she had no answers for that question.  Daddy would've told her it's time to be strong, that she had more than enough fighting and self defense training, that this shouldn't be a problem.

But ultimately, Katy was abrasive.  Not a sociopath.  As far as she knew.  

In a way, she was relieved by her weapon.  They were meant for non-lethal self-defense.  She was sure she could kill someone when it came down to it.  Just not now.  Not yet.

Katy touched the collar on her neck with her free hand.  She had to stifle a snarl threatening to rise in her throat.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Yasmin didn't feel safe in the slightest, which was why she was hiding under the teacher's desk in the classroom she had woken up in. Her thought process wasn't functioning normally and she was scared. So she had done the only reasonable thing she could think of after she had woken up, she had hidden.

It wasn't a very good hiding place because if anyone walked around the desk they'd see her huddled beneath it. Having the hood on her hoodie up didn't help either since part of it was bright pink. She had her knees tucked in close and was hugging them with her arms. She could see her bag, the white letters reading G022 stencilled across it in bright white. Just a further reminder of the nightmare she was trapped in.

She hadn't even opened it, the only reason it was under the desk with her was because if someone saw it they'd know she had been in the room and Yaz's wish was that if anyone else was in the school they just walked past her. She didn't know what to do beyond hide though and that made her feel useless.

She knew what the terrorists wanted her to do; they wanted her to kill everyone else and be the last one standing. Then she'd be declared the 'winner'. Yaz already knew that she wouldn't be able to do that. For a start she didn't want to kill anyone, and even if she did she was the smallest person she knew, and there was no chance of her overpowering anyone.

She could feel the tears start to run down her cheeks. All she had wanted was to have fun with her friends in Disneyland, and now she was hiding under the teacher's desk in an abandoned school taking part in SOTF. She could feel the cold metal of the collar around her neck and reached up to run her fingers along it, and then she gripped her necklace.

She had to get out from under the desk; the only issue was she didn't want to. Breathing deeply Yaz started to calm her down, and carefully crawled out from her hiding place.

G022 - Yasmin Carrol: Start

She picked her bag up once she was up and quietly lay in on the desk. Carefully opening it she saw a piece of paper fall out onto the desk. Picking it up Yaz read the words that were printed on it.

'Pillowcase Containing a Rock'

Yaz didn't get what it meant until she grabbed hold of an actual pillowcase. She tried to pull it out normally but it was stuck on something, so Yaz gave it a harder tug. It came loose but so did the first aid kit that had been on top of it, which skidded across the desk before flying onto the floor with a loud bang.

"Oh no."
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

The noise snapped Katy from her reverie.  She was scared, but even more, she was pissed.  She was trying to gather herself and someone had the fucking nerve to get started already?

That it wasn't anyone at all, or no one aggressive, or anything else didn't even cross Katy's mind.  All she knew was something might have been a threat, she was nonplussed, and she had a flashbang in her hand.

She pulled herself to her feet, scooping up her bag and slinging it over her shoulder.  She exited the classroom, looking for where the sound had come from.

There was another noise, slight, as if someone was trying to slowly move around.  She moved to it, pressing herself against the frame of the door and trying to make her profile as small as possible.

Katy gritted her teeth and yanked the pin off her grenade with her free hand.  The manual hadn't told her much than that, other than to not be in the area when it went off.

Katy pitched the grenade underhand into the classroom, plugged her ears, and waited for the bang.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Yaz bent down and picked up the first aid kit, putting it on the desk, she quickly checked the door to make sure no one had heard her but it didn't look like it. She rifled through the rest of the bag but didn't find anything unexpected just food, energy bars, a torch and a survival guide. Yaz didn't even look in the survival guide she instead just threw it straight back into her bag. She didn't want it but and the same time she didn't want to get rid of it in case she needed it later.

In short she was involved in a game of death and her only defence against anyone of her classmates who wanted to hurt her was a pillowcase containing a rock. There had been a good reason not to open her bag after all. It had only depressed her more. At least they'd given her food at the least and a rock was better than nothing and if she could find a friend hopefully they'd have a better weapon, and someone would be less likely to attack two people.

Yeah that was what she would do, she'd meet up with someone or a group of people, and she'd be safe then.

She threw the pillowcase in her bag anyway; she didn't want to carry it around in the open.

It was at that point she heard something clatter onto the floor of the classroom. Yaz had to step around the desk to get a look at it, she instantly regretted her decision.

It was a grenade. Fear gripped Yaz in that instant but before she could react there was a blinding burst of light and a loud bang.

She didn't even have time to make a noise.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Katy stormed the room, full of righteous indignation and not much sense.  If she would have slowed down for just a second she would have seen she incapacitated a girl much, much smaller than her, with very little in the way of effective weaponry.

All Katy saw, however, was someone that was trying to fuck with her.  She was a bull; this poor girl was just the torero's cape.  

Katy's muscle memory gave some form of technique to the proceedings.  She reached the girl and grabbed her by the wrist while simultaneously sticking her left foot foot out.  Katy yanked, and Yaz pitched forward.  Her instep blocked by a rough sasae tsurikomi ashi, the girl pitched over.  Katy took her the rest of the way with a pivot of her body, and Yaz crashed to the ground.

Without even thinking, and with savage fire in her eyes, she fired her fight fist into the stunned girl's face.  There was a pop, and dimly, Katy wondered if she had broken her hand.

Katy almost cocked back to throw another punch, but by then the adrenaline had burned low.  And she could now see what she did.  And to who.

Katy had given Yaz some grief over the year.  She was a shrinking violet, weak, silent.

But even Katy knew this was excessive...extenuating circumstances or not.

"Jesus Christ."  She said.  She didn't even know if the girl could hear her.  

She hoped to God that Daddy hadn't been watching.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

The explosion of the grenade blinded and deafened Yaz and she was terrified.

The next thing Yaz knew her wrist was being grabbed and she was viciously yanked forward. She felt something hit her foot before she fell and tumbled over, landing hard on her back. The impact of the landing knocked the wind out of her so she couldn't even muster a defence.

Then she felt something slam into her face. There was a sickening crunch and pain flared through her entire face quickly followed by her eyes starting to water. She did the only thing she could think of and curled into a ball. She wrapped her arms over her head expecting more punches but none came.

She was fully crying now. Something warm was flowing from her nose and she knew it was blood.

She still couldn't see and she still couldn't hear. The person who had attacked her must still have been in the room but Yaz didn't care, they'd stopped attacking her and that was the most important thing.

For all Yaz knew they could have stolen her pack and already have left. She whimpered slightly, her face hurt so much and if her attacker had stolen her pack she wouldn't even have any form of first aid.

Yaz wished she could just wake up in her bed. That she had just been dreaming and was having a nosebleed. But she knew that wasn't true, dreams didn't have any pain.

She whimpered again, she was trying not too in case the person was still in the room but it was hard not to.

She'd easily just had the worst minutes of her life and the worst part was it wasn't even close to over yet.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Yaz didn't have any words other than a pained whimper to respond to Katy's firm reprimand.  Her eyes flicked around, as if guilty and worried someone else had seen what transpired.

Katy nudged the prone girl with her foot.

"Hey."

The crying didn't abate.

Nudge.

"Hey, stop."

Still the tears.

Katy squatted on her haunches next to the girl.  She rolled her eyes and looked up at the ceiling.

Oh come on.

Katy didn't feel bad, per se.  She just knew that what she'd done had been, on some level, wrong.  Even when she choked that bitch a few years back, she'd deserved it.  This was nothing of the sort.

Katy put a hand on the girl's shoulder and shook her.

"Shut the fuck up, would you?"
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Yaz felt something prod her.

Her attacker was still in the room after all.

Another nudge. Yaz didn't want to acknowledge it but it had been slightly harder than the first one. Her hearing and vision were slowly returning too, although spots danced across her eyes and there was a painful ringing in her ears.

It was the worst experience of her life. Her back hurt, there was a pain that flashed across her face every time she breathed through her nose, and her nose was bleeding badly and she openly sobbing in front of this person.

Then she was being shaken.

"Sh-fuc-p, would you?"

Now normally Yaz wasn't a violent person, in fact violence never crossed her mind as a possible option in any given situation. But considering the situation she was in and the fact that point of SOTF was to have students kill each other she had one reaction to the shaking and that was to lash out at her attacker to get the person off of her. If anything the reaction was much closer to blind panic than anything pre-planned but Yaz could barely see or hear.

She was facing away from her attacker since she was lying on her left side but as she rolled over she threw her right hand out as hard as she could. She felt her fist connect with something hard.

Yaz wasn't fooling herself though, unless she got extremely lucky she could expect some retaliation.

She just hoped it wouldn't be any worse than what had already happened.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Did this little whore just...

Katy's face, on the right cheek, was burning.  Yaz had just panic-flail punched her.  Katy could already feel it beginning to swell.

What happened next was surprisingly restrained, for Katy.  She sprung off her haunches and scooped her left arm under Yaz's neck, driving her shoulder into her face as hard as she could while simultaneously dropping her weight down hard, sprawling across Yaz's chest.  She had her fully pinned now, no doubt driving much of the air from her lungs as she made her 125 pounds feel like a lot more.

"You bitch, I swear to God if you do that again I will finish what I fucking started."

Katy finished that by driving more weight into Yaz's throat through the point of her shoulder.

"Are you going to calm the fuck down or do I have to get serious?"  She snarled.  She could feel her face and especially her right hand burning as if someone had taken a match to them.  Her right hand didn't seem to want to open or close correctly.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

The response was instantaneous, Yaz felt the person drop all their weight across her forcing all the air out and then there was a driving pressure on her throat.

As Yaz's vision returned fully she saw Katy Warren's face leering back at her. Katy who bullied her at school had attacked her now, during Survival of the Fittest. She was the worst person Yaz could have met and judging by the welt on the side of her face Yaz had hit her hard, and made her angry.

She was threatening her about finishing what she had started, putting an exclamation point on the statement by dropping more weight onto her throat.

Yaz couldn't breathe. The force of Katy dropping onto her, combined with the shoulder being driven into her neck made it impossible to get any deep breaths. Yaz could feel herself start to get slightly lightheaded and her eyes started to water.

Katy asked if she was going to calm down and Yaz not being able to move her head, or speak properly; only managed a weak "Yes."

It sounded weak and Yaz hated it, Katy was always the one who was picking on her for being weak, for being shy. Katy was the type of person Yaz thought she had left behind when she joined Aurora, but instead was just further proof that there were bullies everywhere.

"Please...get off me."
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Katy complied, resisting the urge to give the girl a small shoulder shot on the way back to her knees.  She just couldn't believe the little bitch had taken a swing at her.  Maybe there was more guts in her shitty little frame than she let on.

Katy's hand was burning like hell now, and she looked at it.  It was trying to fold in like a claw, especially the first two knuckles.  Definitely fractured, if not broken.  Daddy really would have killed her.

There was a first aid kit in her bag, and that was what Katy was reaching for.  As she started digging for the kit, she addressed Yaz again.

"Let me look at your nose."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Yaz was grateful when Katy got off her. It relieved the pressure in her lungs and head. She coughed as her body tried to quickly fill her lungs with air. It was a bad feeling.

She rolled over onto her hands and knees because she felt like she was going to throw up at first, but eventually the coughing subsided. Her eyes were watering and she didn't know if it was because of the choking or because she was crying. Either way she didn't want Katy to see, so she rubbed them away with the sleeve of her hoodie.

There was still pain flaring across her face though and Yaz knew it must have been from her nose. She dabbed at it with two fingers and pain flashed across her face in response. She quickly withdrew her fingers and ran them under her nostrils instead. They came back sticky and red with blood. That alarmed her; she hardly ever cut herself or hurt herself badly.

She looked up as Katy addressed her. She wanted to check her nose. Yaz wasn't sure if was being sincere or not but she was offering help so Yaz didn't want to insult her by saying no.

"Ok." She mumbled and pushed herself onto her knees so that Katy could get a better look.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

Katy caught Yaz by the chin and lifted her face so she could better see her nose in the light.  Katy was sure she was being rough.  She was also sure she didn't really care.  

Yaz's face was swelling up, bad.

"Yeah, that's probably broken."  God knew Katy had seen enough at Warren's MMA.

Katy had the first-aid-kit open by now, and she reached in with one hand, extracting a roll of gauze and a bottle of ibuprofen.  There weren't any disposable cold compacts, which both of them really could have used right now.

Katy popped the bottle open with her thumb and set it down in front of Yaz.

"Read the label, take as many as you can.  And find something to clean your face off with."

In the meantime, Katy took the gauze and started unrolling a strip; a bitch to do with one hand.  When she had a long enough section, she cut it from the roll with her teeth and set to wrapping her hand, a process that made her eyes well up with pain.

"Goddammit."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Katy had broken Yaz's nose. Yaz had thought as much with the pain her face was in but she had hoped it was just hurt badly. But Katy was the one who did all the fighting so Yaz was sure she knew what she was talking about.

Yaz would have given anything to have something good happen to her at that point, it was obvious Katy wasn't going to apologise for what she had done. Despite being completely in the wrong, but Yaz didn't expect anything less. Katy had always struck her as a girl who embraced the whole "only the strong survive" mantra. In that sense Survival of the Fittest was perfect for her. Yaz didn't quite know why the girl that had bullied her on the island and had just attacked her was now helping her, but it was probably due to guilt. It was one of the benefits of being small at least, everyone felt bad for you if you got hurt.

Katy placed a bottle of ibuprofen in front of her. She didn't hand it to her, that would have come too far under helping for Katy. Yaz accepted the offer anyway. She picked up the ibuprofen and pretended to read the label as she watched what Katy was doing. The bigger girl was wrapping her hand up in gauze.

"What did you do?" Yaz asked as she tipped two of the tablets out into her palm. She pulled her bag off the desk with her free hand and liberated a bottle of water from it; taking a sip to help wash the tablets down. She put the cap back on the bottle and put it down in front of Katy and dug out her own first kit.

It contained a pack of sterile wipes, which would be the best bet for cleaning up her face. She used one to clean up all the blood that had ended up smeared on her face during the commotion and threw it away before pressing another up against her nostrils to try and stem the flow. It hurt to even do that.

The one comforting thing was that Katy too had ended up with an injury.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Outfoxd

Post by Outfoxd »

"Hngh?"  Katy looked up from her work.

As if the bitch didn't know.

"What did you think I did?  I broke it punching you in your stupid fucking face."

Katy went back to it, and finished wrapping it.  The hand still burned, but it least it wouldn't get jostled by anything.

She grabbed the bottle of ibuprofen, upended it, and shook three into her mouth.  She pulled from her own bag a bottle of water and an energy bar, downed the pills with a swallow of water and bit off a piece.

She chewed, staring at the floor between the two of them.

"I don't like you."  She said, eyes not raising.  "But you didn't deserve what just happened."

Return to “The High School”