Fanciful Surroundings

G049- Start

A 1930s-style lounge is to the right of the lobby. Tables are covered by dark blue cloths, which are sticky with the wax of romantic candles left burning for too long. A stage is home to an out of tune piano and blue velvet curtain. The bar is well stocked with carefully labeled bottles.
Aster

Fanciful Surroundings

Post by Aster »

G049, Natalia Kowalski: START

Natalia was having a rather odd dream.

She was cuffed to a plastic chair, to her right a scraggy readheaded boy and to her right a girl in a blue sweater. The lights were dimmed, and it looked somewhat like a impromptu theater. But instead of a play or a preppy spokesperson on the stage, their teacher was cuffed to a chair, ductaped and scared. To his right was a ponytailed man, oddly nonchalant about the entire situation.

"Morning, kids. My name's Jim Greynolds, and it is my pleasure to introduce tonight's entertainment."

Natalia squirmed in her seat and began to slip into a state of dread. The boy next to her was still slumbering, and the girl was also fidgeting, instead shouting out names.

Then there was a gunshot.

It woke up the boy, and the girl screamed. Natalia herself squealed and elbowed the newly-awakened boy, clearly dazed and confused. The man said something and fired again, this time killing their teacher. There was more yelling and panicking. A moment (and a gunshot) later, the crowd (which she had figured out was the rest of her classmates) was silent. Another man walked out onto the stage as the first one left.

"Hello, students of Aurora High School. I imagine a few of you still don't know what's going on. I'll clear that up for you. My name's Danya. Welcome to Survival of the Fittest."

---

She woke up.

Natalia was jarred out of her chair and fell face down on the carpet. Groaning and steadying herself with one hand on the table, she nursed the would (in this case a sore face) and began to adjust to the area.

She began to feel uneasy. Weren't they on the plane? Last time she remembered, she wasn't sitting at a table in an old-fashioned lounge straight out of that one scene from Titanic. It was eerily deserted, and Natalia wondered if she was just left there.

Oh yeah, we got off and went straight for the hotel. Me and a few friends were sitting in the lounge before we went to bed, and I fell asleep. Yeah.

Or at least that's what she hoped the revelation was.

Instead, her 'nightmare' was replayed in her head, this time clear as day. She was on Survival of the Fittest now.

Natalia began to cry. She wasn't going to see Seattle again. She would never see her parents, or Jessica, or even Rebecca. She'd never graduate, fall in love, start a family...

Win the game? Fat chance. She'd die at the hands of her competitor, if she got that far or hadn't offed herself yet. She's good as dead now, no use trying.

Composing herself and heaving a sigh, she collapsed in her chair and put her head down, arms shielding her face.

Maybe this was a nightmare. If she went to sleep, it'd all go away...
V8
Anthony Rafael "Raf" Halili
Jordan Toribio
Kiana Coleman
Mariel Rivera
[+] Past Characters
V5
G025: Veronica McDonald
B033: Jason Meyers
G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski

V6
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld (adopted by backslash)
B007: Jasper Bustamante (adopted by Cicada)
B031: Samuel Howard
Haley Luz Juarez
    [+] Chat Quotes
    wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
    [21:51] Zarina: the end
    wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
    In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
    SRJJJB†

Post by SRJJJB† »

B70, Joey Grey: START

Joey woke up from his deep slumber as his eye fought to open. He slowly became more aware of his surrounding and realize he was sleeping on the floor. The boy slowly sat up while looking around. His body ache in pain from being left on the floor. His mind was hazy and he wasn't able to remember anything.

Panic began to settle into the boy's head as he couldn't grasp at what was happening. He began to look around frantically. He notice that next to him was a black duffle bag with the white numbers B70 on it.

Next to it was a pair of long exotic blades that he has never seen before.

Then everything finally made sense to him. Memories came rushing back as Joey finally figure out what was happening.

He was on Survival of the Fittest.

His heart skip a beat while his mind and body went numb.

Oh god... Oh fuck please... Please... Please, please, pleeeeaaseee let this be a dream... This... Fuck... It can't be...

Tears crept up to Joey's eyes as he realize what was happening. This wasn't a dream and he was trap in the death game that was suppose to vanish years ago. He was going to die... He was going to die without accomplishing anything in his life. He friends were going to die. He was not going to be able to see his mom ever again. Someone he knew was going to put a bullet through his head and he'll never get the chance to accomplish anything.

Suddenly he heard a noise near him. As if something just hit the floor. Joey instantaneously stop moving as he focus all of his attention. He heard groaning and he suddenly realize that there was somebody very close to him in this room. His mind began racing on a solution.

His eyes once again fix to the two blades near the bag. At this point they were his only defense. He awkwardly lunge towards the blades near him as grasp and what he though were the handles. The blades clang loudly as Joey awkwardly stood up

"WHO'S THERE!?" he yell without a second though.

What now? Adrenaline began to pump through his body and fear overtook his mind. He lost his entire though process and now the boy was only panicking. There was somebody in this room. Somebody that might try to kill him. Joey wasn't ready to die. He wasn't. He was so utterly lost on what was happening and what to do. Was he going to have to fight? To kill?

The boy finally turn around to face his would be opponent. Much to his surprise it was only a girl sitting at a table while hiding her head in her arms.

He couldn't tell who the girl was. He was too much in a state of panic and confusion to determine who she was. Joey wasn't sure how to proceed. His hands grip the handles of his blades tightly as he stare at the girl.

What... What the fuck do I say now!?! What do I do!?!

He just stare at the girl with a face full of fear and panic. He open his mouth but he couldn't form any words.
    This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler SRJJJB. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
    Aster

Post by Aster »

OhgodohgodpleaseletthisbeadreamimsofuckingsadrightnowohmyHOLYSHITWHOSYELLING

Someone nearby yelled. Natalia almost jumped out of her seat. She heard some footsteps get near her and stop.

Oh god.

This is how she'll die.

Crying on a table while some guy behind her shot her in the head.

Silently crying, she reached into her bag, hoping to find a weapon. She slowly took out what she hoped was a weapon, but probably wasn't. Unless she was assigned a granola bar.

"F-fuck off," She stammered, pointing a quavering bar at where he thought the guy was. "I-i'm not in the, eh, mood. P-please leave me a-a-alone...."
    V8
    Jordan Toribio
    Kiana Coleman
    Mariel Rivera
    [+] Past Characters
    V5

V6
    Haley Luz Juarez
      [+] Chat Quotes
      wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
      In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
      SRJJJB†

Post by SRJJJB† »

Joey raise his blades instinctively when the girl suddenly turn around with...

What the hell was it? Joey couldn't tell what she held in her hands but it didn't look threatening.

He didn't know to proceed forward. The poor girl look just as terrified and lost as he was. She just wants to be left alone. Meanwhile he was here holding two blades at her.

This... This is fuck up. He though to himself. What the fuck am I doing? What the FUCK are we all doing here?

Joey lower his blades in an effort to look less menacing. Then again it was hard not to look dangerous when you are holding these. The boy stood there for a few seconds trying to figure out what to say to the girl. As much as he was terrified about the whole situation, he couldn't help but feel bad for the girl.

"M-my... He finally manage to start speaking. He voice crack under the pressure he was feeling. He didn't know how to deal with this whole situation. Everything was happening too fast for him.

"My name is Joey! He said loudly. I... I don't want to hurt you! I'm just... I'm fucking terrified!"
      This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler SRJJJB. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
      Aster

Post by Aster »

Well, guess we're in the same boat.

Natalia sighed, and not looking up, said "Nice to meet you Joey, but please kindly obey the last thing I said. As much as I'd like to see a friendly face, I'm not in the best emotional state to see you. So please leave."

She put the granola bar down and sat up. She reached down and picked up her bag. It was chock full of supplies, Natalia began sorting through it.

After thinking for a bit, she said "Wait, don't leave. Sit down somewhere else here while I compose myself."

After delving into the bag, she found a map, a flashlight, a loaf of bread and what looked like a dental instrument. According to the slip of paper, it was a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, and her weapon. She turned it over in her hands before mentally screaming for her bad draw. She eventually cleared her mind and began rummaging again.
      V8
      Jordan Toribio
      Kiana Coleman
      Mariel Rivera
      [+] Past Characters
      V5

V6
      Haley Luz Juarez
        [+] Chat Quotes
        SRJJJB†

Post by SRJJJB† »

"O-oh... Okay..." Joey stammered.

He didn't know what the hell to do at this point. The girl just ask him to leave but he wasn't seriously sure where he was suppose to go. At this point the only thing he had was these swords and... His bag!

Joey look at the girl just a little longer. He felt bad for her but... He didn't want to start any trouble. He didn't want to be force into any early conflict. To that matter... What would he have done if she did attack him? Just a few minutes ago he was holding his blades and preparing himself for a fight. Now he was with someone who didn't seem menacing at all. Was Joey suppose to help her? No she just ask him to leave. At this point his best course of action would be to find someone he knew he could trust. He didn't have a solution or a plan on what to do but maybe he could find someone smarter then him. Yeah that was probably his best bet.

Joey went to his bag. He would look inside of it later. For now it was probably best that he left as soon as possible. He began to walk away when the girl suddenly change her tune. She ask him to stay.

His heart jump just for a second. She... She didn't want him to leave? Relief slip into his mind at that moment. He didn't have to deal with whatever is happening elsewhere.

"Okay..." He said. He wasn't sure what exactly to talk about. This wasn't the most ideal situation to meet someone.

He walk to a nearby table and pull the chair. He put both his blades and his bag on the table while he sat down. He try to relax himself but his eyes were fix on the girl. He was finally calm enough to put together who she was.

"Aren't you... What did people call you... Koala?" He ask her.

He didn't personally knew the girl. He wasn't exactly a social butterfly himself. Still he did know that the girl was friendly and at the moment Joey was thankful he met someone who didn't seem hellbent on killing him.
        Aster

Post by Aster »

"Well, yes," Natalia responded, inspecting a bottle of water. "But I kinda ditched that close to the end of the year. I sorta took a giant leap towards adulthood, I guess, going by my real name." She opened the bottle and took a swig. Goddamn she was thirsty. Natalia quickly opened the crackers and began eating those as well. The last proper meal she had was some McDonald's she had picked up on her way to school, and that may as well have been hours ago.

Natalia gripped the dental explorer in her left hand, not wanting to be caught unprepared. A shitty-half-decent weapon is better than a shitty-practically-useless weapon, right? She occasionally stole glances at the other kid, who she vaguely recognized from around school. Joey wasn't the most familiar kid to her, but a better first encounter than someone else.

She silently beckoned him over. She hoped that an alliance was going to be set in motion, and they might as well pool some supplies. She had almost everything (sans the bottle, crackers and weapon) laid out in front of her and within arms reach, in case he got an idea.

"Let's call truce, and maybe an alliance. Let's take inventory, shall we?"
        V8
        Jordan Toribio
        Kiana Coleman
        Mariel Rivera
        [+] Past Characters
        V5

V6
        Haley Luz Juarez
          [+] Chat Quotes
          SRJJJB†

Post by SRJJJB† »

"Ah alright" Joey responded to her statement about her name. "Adulthood huh..." he mumble to himself. Joey was never going to be an adult. He was going to die here. Despair was settling in. What was the point? Even with these ninja blades there was no way he could win this. That and he didn't want to kill anyone. Unfortunately the rules specifically say that unless he kills someone, he will be force to do this gain.

Kill or be killed. What a horrible situation to be in. Joey just didn't know how to deal with the whole situation.

He look at Koala realizing he never really go to know her real name. Koala was just easier for him to remember. At this point he wonder if he could trust her. She didn't seem dangerous and Joey would rather have a friend around then an enemy.

Finally she gesture for him to come over. Joey simply responded by swigging his bag over his shoulder and then gripping both his blades. He stood up and briefly stay there as he just stare at her. At this point there was nothing else he could do but hope to trust her. He finally walk over and sat across the table from the girl.

"Truce? I rather not even thinking about fighting anyone to be honest..." he responded to proposal "But... I don't want to die either. So... Yeah... Alliance I guess?

An alliance with Koala... Joey was kinda happy he met someone who was willing to work with him but... He was never really a team player. At this point maybe it was just best if he went along with whatever she told him to do. He put one of his blades down beside him and then swung the bag off his shoulder and onto the table.

"I'm not much of a thinking guy." he told her. "I... Just tend to go with the flow most of time. So... Here my bag. I guess I probably have the same stuff as you... Oh and I have these swords." He reach down to grab his second blade. "I'm not too sure what they are but they look cool... I should be able to protect us with these" He said though he wasn't too sure of himself on that statement.
          Aster

Post by Aster »

"Fantastic." Natalia said as she mentally made an inventory check. She quickly scooped up everything into a bag (sans the map, a water bottle and the dental explorer) and hefted both it and her backpack (filled with her clothes and toiletries, along with some snacks and an MP3 player, the latter confiscated) on her back. She glanced down at the map and assessed their location. Maybe they could go to the shopping center and loot the place. Maybe...

"Well, do you think we should head out, swords boy?" She asked. "We should be well-armed, assuming most of the others don't have guns."

((aah sorry for sub par post))
          V8
          Jordan Toribio
          Kiana Coleman
          Mariel Rivera
          [+] Past Characters
          V5

V6
          Haley Luz Juarez
            [+] Chat Quotes
            SRJJJB†

Post by SRJJJB† »

Joey just sat there as he watch his new found ally pack her stuff away. Using the brief period of peace he began to wonder about his friends... Did they get as lucky as him? Were some of them already fighting for their lives? He didn't want to believe that at any moment that their lives could end but the reality was that they were all trap in this stupid game. At this point he could only worry and pray for their safety.

Unless he found them. What if he did find them? What then? Would all of them still be the same people he knew before?

...Of course they would be... He thought to himself.

Why would the game change them? He's still the same and... He knew his friends. He knew for a fact they were good people. They wouldn't suddenly turn into killers. Actually it probably be the opposite. They probably be like him in a panic state and looking for help.

Help...

Could Joey find his friends if he began to look around the island? Could he actually help them? Save them from this situation? No he couldn't... He was stubborn but even knew this was a situation with no way out.

Once again he was slowly drifting to despair without any idea on what to do. This wasn't like him. He was always the guy to jump into things head first without a second though. Now here he is, scared about everything. He didn't know what to do.

"Well, do you think we should head out, swords boy? We should be well-armed, assuming most of the others don't have guns."

Koala's question snap him out of his thoughts.

"Uh..." He manage to squeak out. He didn't have an answer for her. He never actually look at the map yet. He notice that his companion has already finish packing her gear. Joey began to follow suit and grab his bag. He got up from his chair and walk over to Koala.

"Well... Let see here..." He began to say. Looking over the map briefly he notice the closest destination were the shopping center and the hospital.

A hospital? Wouldn't there be a chance for medical supplies there? Actually odds are if students got injured that they might head over there. Maybe he could find his friends or at least other people who are trying to avoid a fight.

"I want to go to the hospital" He stated. "We might be able to find supplies there. I mean... It makes sense right? I bet they could of left a couple of supplies for people willing to search for them! And... And maybe we can find other people who be willing to work with us! Heck... There might be people who need our help! Let's go there! I wanna go there! You cool with that Koal- I... Uh... Sorry Ko but... I don't really know your full name... Never bother memorizing it..."
            Aster

Post by Aster »

Natalia mused the boy's suggestion. The hospital did sound like a good place to go and loot. Maybe there was other people there, too.

Other people...

It suddenly occurred to Natalia that other people around wasn't necessarily a good thing. Some of them could be killers, and she immediately ditched the idea of 'nobody will kill ever' train of thought the second it pulled into the station. The last four schools had killers too, and those two girls from the last game...

Natalia inwardly shuddered and replied, "Well, yeah...I guess we can go to the hospital."

She put everything sans her weapon in her bag and slung it over her shoulders.

"C'mon."

((Natalia Kowalski continued in Arriving to a Possible Sanctuary))
            V8
            Jordan Toribio
            Kiana Coleman
            Mariel Rivera
            [+] Past Characters
            V5

V6
            Haley Luz Juarez
              [+] Chat Quotes
              SRJJJB†

Post by SRJJJB† »

Joey smile with Koala's approval. He grab his bag and quickly trail behind her.

This was a good start. He only hope everything went as smoothly as this meeting.

((Joey Grey continued elsewhere))

Return to “The Lounge”