The Things We Lost in the Fire

If not for the several overturned golf carts, one could barely recognize the greens as having once being a golf course. Over time, the grass has grown over, leaving much of the course unrecognizable, though if one tried hard enough the holes could be excavated.
NotAFlyingToy

Post by NotAFlyingToy »

((Hansel Williams, Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee))

Hansel walked, his gun pointed at the small of Claire's back, his bag slapping lightly against his hip as it held, slung over his shoulder. He moved them into the wooded area surrounding the golf course, keeping them covered and less exposed to the angry looking clouds that had taken form above their heads. His plan was being formed quickly and hastily, while he was riding the adrenaline of Kyle's death and Claire's capture. He needed to use this to his advantage, press it, and move forwards.

Remembering that there had been three people across where he had spent the night, he altered his course with a slight push at Claire's back, angling her so that she was heading towards the two figures.

They hadn't said a word since he'd directed her to pack up the kevlar and move out, and the tension was something he almost welcomed. He didn't need to speak or think about what he'd just done. All he needed to do now was work the angle, plan his responses, figure out his method.

They moved through the trees until he saw Aileen and Owen through them, and he pointed Claire towards them, pushing her forwards with the gun barrel.

Claire moved forwards, out of the treeline and onto the course. Hansel followed, the gun riding high on his shoulder, his movement stopping just free of the treeline, in case he needed to duck back out quickly.

"Stop there. Owen, Aileen, if you two don't want to witness a murder, you'll toss your bags at Claire's feet, and any supplies you've picked up. Either of you b-breathes in a way I don't like, I'll kill her first and you two nuh-next."

The brim of his hat was low, hiding his eyes as he remained stationary, the FAMAS centered on Claire's neck. A drop of rain splashed against her skin, another hit Hansel's stetson, a third pattered into the treeline as the heavens opened up.

"Hop to it."
Author of the #SwiftBall Bible.
[+] Characters
Hansel Williams never fully realized he was wrong.

Brandon Baxter lost agency, the girl, and power.

Oskar Pearce's shield shimmered, shone, and shattered.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Claire Monaghan continued from Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee))

For most of her young life, Claire had to be reined in. She had to be told to settle down, or lower her voice, all so that she could be seen as civil in polite company. Claire had attributed this to many reasons: her enthusiasm for her passions, an addiction to caffeine, or just the result of being a Type A person. She'd find it a bit difficult to control, but knew she'd have to in certain situations behave a certain way.

She never imagined a hostage situation would be the first real chance where she'd have to show so much decorum.

Claire had done everything Hansel commanded. She walked where he told her to go, and didn't say a word to him. It was easier to talk to the Hansel in her mind, the one she could shout obscenities at and threaten with medieval style torture methods. She knew none of that could show on her face, so she tried to remain as stoic as possibly.

Hansel had noticed two people near the greens and pressed her forward. She walked out, hands on the back of her head, and the heavy bag around her shoulder. Claire looked at the two before her. Aileen Abdallah was someone she knew to be very loud and opinionated. The other person was someone Claire was more familiar with. Owen Kay. He was Amy's friend from England. He was a really nice guy, and he must have been reeling from the news that Amy was gone.

Hansel gave his demands to the two. Hand over all their supplies and bags, or they all die. The rain was starting to come down as the demands were presented, with a slight stutter at that.

"I'm really sorry about this," Claire said to the two before turning to Owen.

"And Owen, I'm sorry about Amy. She was a great friend and a great person."

It then occurred to Claire that this kind of speech might not have been the kind Hansel would approve of. But it was stuff she needed to say to them. Hansel was about to ruin their chances of surviving the game, and she was still nowhere close to being free from his influence.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Owen chuckled softly at Aileen's comments. Now that was a sound he hadn't expected to be coming out of his mouth after hearing the announcements. The announcement was still running through his head on a constant loop, and he was certain that he'd wake up tonight in a cold sweat, names and faces and the knowledge that he'd never see Amy or Mallory or Brian ever again his only companions.

Aside, of course, from Aileen. And if Aileen could still stay strong, or at the very least appear to be coping, then he would have to as well. For now, he just needed to enjoy this moment.

"Well, I'm glad." Owen responded. "And if your sunglasses have been our biggest loss so far, well... I'd say we're doing pretty well, huh? I'm sure there's a shop arou-"

Nothing on this island could ever go smoothly, could it? There was movement in the treeline, and Owen's sentence was cut off. Reluctantly, he let go of Aileen to see who the newcomer was, and at first, he thought it was just Claire, Amy's arty, internet-y friend, all on her own. That would have been fine. Claire was harmless, friendly, and another companion would have helped matters enormously.

But Owen quickly realised there was someone directly behind Claire, and the identity of that someone, and the words he was saying, made Owen's heart freeze. Hansel Williams. Never someone Owen had been particularly close with at school, but someone whose name he was far too familiar with now. He'd killed Daniel, he'd killed Mallory, and unless Owen and Aileen did exactly what he wanted, he'd kill Claire as well.

Claire had something to say as well, as the rain began to fall, droplets beginning to slide down the lenses of Owen's glasses, blurring his vision. No plead for help, no insistence that they comply with Hansel's demands. Just two apologies; one for what Hansel was making them do. One about Amy.

"Y-yeah. Yeah, she was."

That was all Owen dared to say. He didn't know exactly how much he could say before Hansel decided to pull the trigger. Owen looked at Aileen, then, slowly, walked towards his bag, hoping Hansel wouldn't notice the table leg lying next to it. This was all like some cruel joke. Owen had been willing to give Edgar his water and scalpel, had offered Joe medical supplies. And now, he was going to have to give all of his stuff to Hansel. Water, food, clothing... all of it. But there had to be some more supplies somewhere on the island, and people who'd be willing to share. It was a choice between four people walking away from here or three.

"S-so... what's the plan?" Owen asked, voice shaky and low. He was treading on thin ice asking Hansel this, he knew, but the guy had murdered two of his friends. Like with Joe, he wanted to know why.

"What's the p-point? The kidnapping, the theft... th-the murders..."
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Riki

Post by Riki »

Aileen was taken a bit back by Owen's sudden withdrawal. She realized that, again, something was wrong. Because of course she could not have her happiness. It would make things far too easy.

Then she turned around and her annoyance turned into alertness.

Hansel Williams. Oh, and some girl he's holding hostage, but that wasn't really Aileen's concern. Aileen never liked the wannabe cowboy. For various reasons, but mostly because she found him to be the very definition of 'pathetic' and 'hypocritical'. If he wasn't holding a gun, she'd make fun of him. Saying how funny it was to see that prudish 'good', 'christian' boy turn into a murderer who'd stain the name of his family.

But he had a gun, even if it was pointed at somebody Aileen cared little about, and that meant a different approach was necessary. Slightly different.

His hostage muttered an apology before Owen moved to picking his bag up. Aileen wasn't stopping him, though she was very sure not to give Hansel what he wanted. Owen asked Hansel about his point, then. That was an idiotic question, in Aileen's fair and humble opinion, given how obvious the answer seemed. But maybe it'd have some use.

Aileen took her own bag into her hands, swinging it lightly. Slowly, she went towards Hansel and his hostage, pretending to comply to his wills. But she'll have none of that. The moment Hansel opened his mouth to justify his own heinous behavior, she'd try and crash her bag against Hansel or his gun. If Girl or Owen were competent enough, they'd use this moment of distraction to charge Hansel. If not... well...

then she could only hope that his aim was as shitty as his ability to speak.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
NotAFlyingToy

Post by NotAFlyingToy »

"Shut the fuck up."

The response was quick and low, Hansel's eyes darting between Aileen and Owen, keeping a careful eye on Owen as he shifted slightly, stepping to put Claire in between Aileen and himself. Owen was the bigger threat - being literally bigger - but he didn't trust Aileen not to turn into a shrieking harpy at any moment. He didn't like the way she swung the bag, but he couldn't ignore Owen, either.

"Toss them over. My t-trigger fuh-inger's gettin' impatient."
[+] Characters

Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Claire remained in place as Hansel laid the therms to Owen and Aileen. Aileen looked ready to hand the bag over, although Owen had more to ask. He started to ask Hansel what his plan was, and why he was doing any of this.

Join the club, Owen. I'd like to know if it didn't mean that he was likely to put a bullet in my head at the moment.

Hansel's response was to simply avoid answering the question. That didn't surprise Claire. She was still trying to figure out a bit about Hansel, and so far, all she could surmise beyond his bloodthirstiness was that he would try to avoid the serious questions. He clearly had some issues with what he was doing, and denial seemed to be the path he was going to take.

"Sorry," Claire said to Owen as she heard Hansel move closer. "He's not much for talking. He shot my companion without so much as a 'howdy,' so I doubt he'll share anything with you."

Claire continued to steady her breathing. She hoped Aileen and Owen wouldn't do anything stupid. She didn't need to see anyone else die today.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

((Sharon Austin continued from Memories of the City))

"I can't fucking believe this." Sharon muttered angrily to herself. There she was, following after Theodore like Steven had told her to. However, somehow, the bastard managed to slink away, leaving Sharon behind to wonder around blindly, having no idea where he had gone. Once again, she was alone and though she was armed to the teeth with improvised weapons, they did nothing to ease the apprehension she felt in the pits of her stomach.

At some point, she got tired of cycling everywhere and jumped off it. She dragged the bike alongside her as she walked, knowing that she was probably just a sitting duck to anyone who wanted to ambush her. She found herself swiveling her head around a lot, looking around as if expecting someone to run at her with some sort of weapon. She had heard the announcements and heard about all the idiots who tried to get their collars loose. She also took a mental note of killers, making sure that she kept the names of high priority killers inside as well. Maximillian Sawyer, Theodore Fletcher and Hansel Williams. They were top right now.

Eventually, she found herself walking past a bunch of overturned golf carts. Well at least she knew that she was at some kind of golf course due to the power of inference. She continued to walk, making sure to look around her at all times. Hopefully Theo was somewhere here. That would certainly be convenient. Yet, judging from what she was seeing, it looked like no one was there.

That was until she saw some figures in the distance. Moving behind a nearby golf cart, she squinted to try to get a better view. Unfortunately, she was too far away to make heads or tails of anything. Knowing she had to move closer, she looked around to see if there was something nearby that could provide a better vantage point for her. Luckily, there was another overturned golf cart that was a little bit closer to her.

Not wanting to be seen, owing to the possible consequences that could come about with that, she left behind the bike, her bag and her 2x4, keeping a fake Molotov cocktail, a lighter and her spear as she quickly darted to the next golf cart, keeping her head low and trying not to attract a lot of attention. Once she had reached the second golf cart, she ducked underneath it and peered around the edge.

"Lose one killer, find another." Sharon muttered to herself in an amused tone. It was almost funny finding Hansel Williams. What wasn't funny was finding out about the hostage. Claire. "Just my luck." Sharon bitterly remarked in a hushed tone. This just made this a whole lot harder. Another conundrum was that there were two others, the British fat kid, Owen, and then there was Aileen. If it weren't for the fact that Claire's life was in danger and that Hansel was basically taking their things and sending them off to their deaths, Sharon would've been delighted about the idea of her getting screwed over so badly. Yet, she knew that it was in bad taste, so she set her face in concentration, hiding behind the cart again and thinking.

What could she do? Right now, it didn't seem like she could do much. Not when Hansel had Claire. If she tried to do anything, Hansel probably wouldn't hesitate to shoot the girl and she didn't want to be responsible for a death if it could be avoided. There had to be something she could do. Yet as of the moment, nothing came to her.
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

((Sorry for lateness; school started, trying to get back into the groove, things like that. Hopefully this is okay; GMing of Aileen approved))

It was clear to Owen that he wouldn't be getting an answer from Hansel in regards to his plan. Really, his expectations had been low anyway. Hansel seemed to be following a policy of 'shoot first, ask questions later, answer questions never'. And it wasn't like finding out why Hansel wasn't just shooting them would make Owen feel any better after all of their belongings were gone.

He just needed to stay ready and prepared, and not to do anything rash. Which was why Aileen's swinging of her bag concerned him so much. Surely she wasn't planning on doing anything, was she? She had tackled Lauren back in the hospital, but... that had been a different scenario entirely. Owen threw his bag down at Claire's feet, staying silent, hoping this would all be over soon.

Then Claire started to speak again. Claire, still in Hansel's clutches, and yet twice as brave as Owen was acting right now. His attention wandered to her, to what she was saying.

And in that moment of distraction, that one moment Owen's attention moved away from Hansel, Aileen swung her bag down towards Hansel's gun.
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
NotAFlyingToy

Post by NotAFlyingToy »

Hansel's attention was on Owen when the bag was thrown, watching as the boy complied with his wishes. His position, putting Claire inbetween Aileen and himself, meant that he didn't consider the girl much of a threat at all.

But out of the corner of his eye Aileen stepped forward and hurled the bag, too hard to be a toss to Claire, too wild to be anything but a deliberate sabotage attempt. Fresh from adrenaline and determined to win this time, Hansel bobbed and weaved, shifting himself a full step to the right as the bag whirled towards him, the flailing strap clipping him in the right eye as he leveled his gun.

At Aileen.

Right eye blurry, aim awkward, he fired a burst of three shots in her direction; the first two exploding into the ground in a cascade of grass and mud a few feet in front of Aileen, the third aimed at her lower body. Without waiting to see the reaction, he stepped forwards and jabbed Claire in the spine with his rifle, his shifting from rage induced contortion to an almost serene expression, his dark gaze solely on Owen.

"Are we not spuh-heaking the same fucking language," he snarled, pressing the muzzle, hot from the freshly fired rounds, deeper into Claire's clothed back, "or are you both fuckin' retarded? You want your shot, f-fatass? You wuh-want to t-try to b-be a fuh-fuckin' hero?"
[+] Characters

Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Skipping like everyone else, all GMing approved))

Claire remained in place as Owen tossed his bag at Claire's feet. She sighed as she looked at the bag. Owen and Aileen were probably going to be really screwed because of this. There was always a chance they could find another bag or a place with supplies, but there was still a chance that they wouldn't and that this robbery would be the event that leads to their deaths. She hated how useless she felt, along with how complicit she felt in this robbery. She couldn't do anything with Hansel pointing a gun at her, and that impotence was pure hell.

Unfortunately, Aileen decided that she wasn't going to be as cooperative as Owen. Claire heard quick movement behind her. She turned her head to see what happened. Aileen had thrown her bag at Hansel. he stepped to the side and fired at Aileen. Claire had enough time to let out a quick shout before Hansel turned back to her. She had tried taking a few steps away, but before she knew it, Hansel had the muzzle of his gun against her spine.

Claire let out a much louder scream as she felt the hot muzzle burn the skin on her back. Three shots were enough for it to get hot enough that she could feel the heat through her denim jacket and t-shirt. Claire fell to her knees, with Hansel keeping the gun steady on her back. She didn't have much experience with burns. She had once accidentally touched a hot pan when she was younger and got hot glue on her skin while working on a project, but this feeling was much worse than either of those

You bastard! I'll kill you! I'll make your life pure hell and then I'll kill you!

Claire looked back up at Owen as Hansel shouted at him. She could feel tears starting to well up in her eyes as she gritted her teeth. She had no idea what happened to Aileen, but she hoped Hansel wouldn't turn his gun on Owen.

"He's already given his bag over!" she shouted at Hansel. "Please, just leave him alone!"

She felt her fingernails dig into the palms of her hand. Her breathing started to become a lot less controlled as she  turned to face the ground. She closed her eyes as hard as she could and waited for the next move to be made.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

((Skipping due to absence))

Sharon kept her breathing quiet, her focus squarely on the scenario unfolding in front of her. Making a conscious effort not to be seen, she took in all her surroundings in order to get as much information as she could before coming up with a plan of attack. Unfortunately for her, things were not looking too good for Owen and Aileen and the added variable of Claire added an extra complication to the formula.

Hansel was close to a treeline. Important consideration. She was a short distance towards the right of Hansel and the others. Sharon was surprised at Hansel that he would even consider something like a hostage. She thought he was just bloodthirsty, but now she knew that she couldn't completely underestimate him, especially if he was using Claire as a bargaining chip.

Could she do this? Of course she could. After all, she was Sharon. She was smart. She could find a way, find a way to get Hansel. She wanted to minimize casualties though. It would be easy just to run up towards him and shank him, but that would probably cost Claire's life. She needed to be smart. She needed to be-

What the hell was Aileen doing?

Gunshots rang out and Sharon almost instantly retreated behind the golf cart and flattened herself against it. 3 shots. Hansel spent 3 bullets. Sharon took a mental note. It probably wasn't going to come in handy, but knowing that he had 3 less shots made her feel a bit more calm. For a moment, she just listened to Hansel's threats, heart beating fast and taking short breaths.

She couldn't freak out. She needed to do something. All she had on her hands were a spear and fake Molotovs, not helpful. She needed something else. Maybe there was something in the golf cart? Sharon looked around inside the compartments of the overturned vehicle. She found golf balls. 3 to be exact. She was getting frustrated. What the hell was she going to need golf balls for?

Then an idea hit her. Her heart was pumping fast and her breathing was rapid. She didn't even take the time to worry about the logistics of the plan. She just had to do it. Grabbing onto one of the balls, she quickly peered around the hiding place and started to wind up her throwing arm.

After taking a short time to aim, she launched the golf ball right at Hansel's head.
[+] Version 7

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Here
Here
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Aileen's bag took to the air, and time seemed to stop still, as Owen stood still where he was, once again in a position where he could do nothing but stand at the sidelines. In the second it took for the bag to reach Hansel, Owen's brain screamed one thing out to him, over and over. Tackle him. Whatever happens, tackle him, get him out of the way, just FUCKING MOVE.

But Owen stayed rooted to the spot as the bag flailed and missed, and Hansel raised the gun, took aim, and pointed it straight at Aileen. Three shots rang out, as Owen finally moved, head spinning to look at Aileen.

"Aileen!"

Owen heard himself call her name out, as she stumbled backwards, a mixture of shock and anger on her face, before she finally went to ground. Owen stared at her, still frozen, tears already in his eyes, before slowly turning back to face Hansel. The guy was threatening him, trying to make sure Owen wasn't going to try anything stupid, not that there was any chance of that happening anymore. Owen just shook his head violently, then, as Claire began shouting at Hansel, he raised his arms-actually raised his fucking arms-and slowly walked over to Aileen.

A tiny, tiny wave of relief hit Owen. There was no blood on Aileen's torso or anywhere else that would have proved fatal; it looked as though Hansel had just hit her in the leg. There was a hole in her right trouser leg, mostly obscured by the blood. Aileen's teeth were gritted, in obvious pain, yet she still managed to direct a look of anger at Hansel. Owen too looked straight at Hansel; his look one of distress.

"Lu-look... take our st-stuff... anything y-you want... just leave us some me-medical stuff... please..."

Suddenly, Owen saw something moving from behind one of the golf carts; most likely another student, unrecognisable through Owen's rain-soaked glasses. What he could see, however, was the figure taking aim before launching something at Hansel. Owen wasn't sure how much this would achieve, but at the very least, maybe Claire could escape from here.
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
NotAFlyingToy

Post by NotAFlyingToy »

Everything had been going to hell in a handbasket, far too quickly for his liking. This entire idea had been born among desperation and a need to succeed - a goal of having more equipment, skills, food and water than the competition. The plan had been to be feared, be respected, and once you have your name known, lie low.

But Hansel hadn't been getting the breaks. The only thing that had gone right was Owen's cowardice, as the bigger boy shook his head violently, moved to check on his friend. Claire was saying something - he wasn't paying attention, so intent was he on the movements of the boy as rain tapped against his stetson, his right eye still watering enough so that a small tear leaked out of his eye, trailing down his cheek.

Later, he would chastise himself for it. Later, he'd consider himself lucky that it had been a golf ball - not a bullet, not a grenade, not a knife - that had interrupted the sequence of events.

The golf ball slammed into his right cheek, more of a stunning blow than a painful one. He staggered a full step forwards, his knees pressing into Claire as his FAMAS came upwards, aiming towards the sky for a moment.

What happened next was instinctual.

He swung the gun forwards to slam against Claire's right temple, the butt of the rifle against bone jarring his hands with the force. As she crumpled to the ground, he dove forwards, picking up first Owen's bag, then Aileen's, before spinning and charging into the treeline, both hands full of bag strap, FAMAS thumping against his back as it dangled from his right shoulder.

As he leapt behind cover and took off into the woods, Hansel's mind was occupied by a single thought.

You did the right thing.

((Hansel Williams, If I had known this, I would have put that patch on 35 years ago.))
[+] Characters

Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((All GMing was approved))

Claire felt the rain start to increase as Owen began to plead with Hansel. She felt like her nails were going to break the skin in her palms and that she was going to shatter her teeth from how hard she was gritting them. There shouldn't have been so much commotion and stupidity in this event, but that clearly wasn't going to happen.

Well, what did you expect? You're all a bunch of scared kids trying to act like fucking action movie characters. Did you really expect everyone to just parley in peace?

Before she knew it, Hansel was stammering forward, starting to crash into her. It sounded like something hit him, but she didn't have time to see what happened. She turned right as Hansel decided to swing his gun towards her head, connecting the butt of the gun with her temple.

Claire let out a cry as the force knocked her to the ground. Her glasses fell off her face as she felt her cheek touch the wet grass. She could see Hansel grab Owen's bag and dashing to grab Aileen's. In a moment, we was gone into the forest. Claire watched and groaned as he vanished.

"Godaaaammit!" she cried out.

Her head was throbbing. She put her hand to forehead and held it in front of her face. There was blood. The bastard actually cut her head open. Claire winced as the rain fell on the open wound. She needed to treat the wound before it got infected. She still had a first aid kit in her bag, which Hansel didn't get the chance to steal. She considered it a small piece of good luck. It meant she still had her flashlight gun and Kyle's vest. She was sure she'd need those later.

That's two scars he's given me. If I see him again, I'll repay the kindness. But revenge can come later. I need help, and I need to see if Owen and Aileen are okay. God, they better be somewhat okay.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

For a moment, her heart stopped. She just waited, watching the small ball fly in the air and smash into Hansel's face. The rain was starting to blur her glasses, but she was still able to make out Hansel's action to ditch Claire and then run for his life.

"Bastard! Get back here!" Sharon yelled, almost making movements to chase after him, but realized she wouldn't be able to keep up, especially through the treeline. Gritting her teeth, she picked up her things and ran back to get the stuff she left behind. Even if Sharon could chase him, the situation back here was something she couldn't ignore, with 2 people losing all their supplies, they were most certainly going to die if she didn't stick with them. She needed to be efficient in dealing with the situation, since Claire looked like she got injured as well.

Once she had gathered all her things, she got on her bike and cycled to the 3 students. While it was a short distance, it did take some time to start gaining speed as the ground started to get wet from the rain. She didn't want to fall off the bike and get injured, so she was more cautious as she finally reached the group. Claire still had her bag, so she probably still had her first aid kit. That was good.

"I've got a first aid kit here, but no health experience. Please tell me you know how to fucking deal with this Owen." Sharon quickly said, rummaging hastily through her bag and getting out the first aid kit. "I'm gonna go check on Claire. Keep Ms. Pretentious from getting infected."

Leaving her bike and her 2x4 behind, she ran over to Claire. On the way, she found where the other girl's glasses had fallen and picked them up. Then, heading over to Claire's position, she noticed that she already had her hand over the wound.

"Here's your glasses Claire. You mind if I go through your bag for the first aid kit?" Sharon asked the other girl as she gave her the glasses. She then opened the other bag and already starting to rummage through her belongings. Eventually, she found the first aid kit and took it out.

"I've got no clue about first aid stuff. Can you help me tend to your wound or can you handle it on your own?" She found herself asking a lot of questions, mostly due to the situation of it being first aid. She never opened a first aid box before, let alone use any of the contents inside it. Sharon made a mental note to learn about it. It could really screw her over if she couldn't tend to a simple wound.
[+] Version 7

Here
Here
Here