Everything Here is a Small Cap Investment

SORRY GUYS DIDN'T REALIZE THIS NEEDED REBUILDING

Most of the Amusement Park’s attractions are held in the central grounds area, which is packed with several long-deserted games and foods stands, still offering their prizes to anyone who wants them. Also housed in the area are the large yellow Ferris wheel and the bumper cars, which have suffered the trials of time and become flush with vegetation.
BROseidon†

Everything Here is a Small Cap Investment

Post by BROseidon† »

((Cassandra Black continued from Geiger Counter))

Cassandra and Alex spent the entire second day after their venture at the reactor hiking. Sure, they'd taken their breaks, but they'd marched on through the woods in relatively silence. By the time night had fallen, Cassandra had been exhausted and insisted that Alex take the first watch shift. Alex seemed okay with it, although it felt like Cassandra had gotten no rest by the time Alex had woken her up to switch shifts.

The announcements had played again, and Cassandra had tried to pay attention to the names. She did not have any way to write down who had died or who had killed, and she did not know anyone too well on either of those lists, other than Max. Max killing was not much of surprise; the guy had always been a self-centered sleaze. Naomi Bell's death was a surprise, given that Cassandra knew the girl was smart and savvy, but other than that it seemed like idiots like Fletcher were continuing to kill, while people without much tenacity continued to die.

Cassandra was done mourning, though. Survivalistic instinct had long since kicked in. These deaths were no more egregious than the murders and gang violence that surrounded her growing up. The announcements brought to mind the irony of the whole situation; Cassandra had worked hard to avoid having to face that violence again, and now it would be the end of her.

As the pair approached the food court of the amusement park, Cassandra was growing tired again. She wanted another rest, maybe a quick bite to eat. Certainly a bit to drink.

"Let's stop here for a minute," Cassandra said, the assertive edge once in her voice no longer present. She almost sounded whiny.

Alex had a plan, but she, for whatever reason, had not been satisfied anywhere to execute on it. Maybe this would be an appropriate spot.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

(Tyler Lucas continued from Rebellion)

Tyler's 2nd day was spent in silent wandering, watching the world and eating what little food he'd preserved from his cache in the Amusement Park.  He found a quiet corner and slept in a slump, snoring loudly.  When day broke he awoke, and started heading back towards the Amusement Park.  He had almost reached the place where he'd stored his stuff.

And ran across two people wandering the area.  His eyes narrowed.

"You killed anyone?" he asked.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Casey the Undead†

Post by Casey the Undead† »

((Ian Valmont continued from The Sound of Your Own Wheels))

Night had been more restless the second time around. The cliff face from the first day hadn't been particularly comfortable, but having other people around had kept some of the ill feelings away. The second night, alone, in a place he didn't know -- Ian had barely slept a wink. He could feel the mess his hair had become, but he made no effort to fix it. There was no point anyone. He was going alone, right? Totally alone. He could do it.

Probability, naturally, was not on his side with that. He should have avoided the Amusement Park. People were going to flock there, of course people were going to flock there -- but there might be a bench or a shady spot to rest for awhile, to get out of the sun. He wondered if the skin on the back of his neck was peeling off from his day-long exposure, decided it was better not to check.

There were other people in the park. Of course there were. Of course Ian had found other people, looking red and half-crazed. They would ask him probing questions and they might even try to kill him because that's what people were doing now, right? There'd been another announcement that Ian hadn't listened too, but there had been names, lots of them. That was the game now, right? Ian was better off alone, better off not trusting anyone.

Still. It'd been over a day since he'd spoken to anyone, a day on his own. He was smart enough to know that too long on his own would be bad. Right? Right.

He frowned. Maybe if he didn't say anything they wouldn't notice. He could sneak away?

That was a plan as stupid as it sounded. Instead he approached the three people cautiously, slowly. "Hey there. It's uhm. Ian." He gestured vaguely to his appearance. "Might be hard to notice with the crazy hair, right?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Casey the Undead. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slam

Post by Slam »

((Alex King continued from Geiger Counter))

Another day, another bunch of stupid pointless deaths. Alex needed to get her plan in motion sooner rather than later, lest she have to just sit back and listen to all these people die, herself included.

Yesterday had been a total waste, unfortunately. The reactors had been a bust, and in hindsight trying to hide out in a reactor core may or may not have been the smartest fucking idea when you took radiation into account, so it was time for plan B. Unfortunately, plan B required a lot of fuel and a decent source of ignition, and her lighter just didn't seem like it would be enough. Better to start from somewhere really flammable if she wanted the plan to have any chance. That, and she didn't want it to run out before her cigarette supply did, as much as her cravings had subsided since getting thrown towards her imminent death.

Of course, Cassandra was still being stubborn about not wanting to hear what she had in mind. She hadn't asked once, no matter how long she'd dragged her around the island, as if she was some dumbass dog flunky who was happy to just follow the boss's orders without a care for what the orders meant. She didn't really want to get into a pissing contest with Cass over it, especially since she actually could've still made use of a dumbass dog flunky, but the implication that her plan just didn't matter to her had been eating away at Alex for over a day now, testing what microscopic patience she had to begin with.

So as they came to the amusement park, Alex merely grunted at Cassandra's request for a break. She was hungry, but it didn't matter. At some point or another, Cassandra was going to give her a straight fucking answer for why her ideas were apparently so unimportant.

But before that, there was company to deal with.

She'd pulled the knife out of her pocket the moment Tyler introduced himself in an oh-so-accusatory manner. It was a stupid fucking question too, because if they had then obviously she'd blow his head off as well. Whatever.

"No, fuckface, we haven't. You?" she asked, sarcasm dripping from her words. She kept a firm grip on her knife, just in case, and kept a firmer grip on it when Ian came into view. She didn't say anything to him, however: no reason to.

She'd see what these fuckers wanted first, then she'd get a straight answer from Cass.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Cassandra did not know the name of the first boy who approached them; she merely recognized him as one of the football players. However, he failed spectacularly at making a good impression. Alex gave the same response Cassandra would have given, if not in so hostile of a tone, but maybe Alex's approach here was right. The fact that the first thing he asked was whether they killed anyone did not bode well for his intentions. She'd let Alex take care of this one.

The other boy came in and introduced himself. Cassandra did not know Ian at all; he was one of those artist/punk types that Cassandra did not care for. He probably would not be useful to them at all, and if anything would be a liability. Cassandra had felt that way about every person she had encountered so far, even Alex. Any social interaction was teeming with risk without much upside on the return.

"Hey Ian. If you both would excuse me," Cassandra said, directing her comment towards Ian and the other boy, "I'm hungry. I'm going to have some bread."

Cassandra dropped her bag and unzipped it. She kept her eyes on the football player while she crouched down and grabbed a loaf of bread for herself. The hand of the kama stood up, covered by the food rations and clothes she had kept. Hopefully she wouldn't need it.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Another boy approached. Tyler ignored him, waiting for the answer from the two with knives.

One did. Tyler cocked his head. "No," he said. His eyes were on the knife, and a faint smile was on his lips. His eyes flickered to a dust little stall nearby, covered in bulletholes. He headed that way, occasionally flickering a glance after them to make sure he wasn't about to be ambushed.

He hopped over the rickety counter, which creaked beneath his bulk. Reached beneath and started adding his supplies to his bag.

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[/url]

V6

V5

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Casey the Undead†

This was perhaps not the best place to wind up.

Really, he should have figured his odds of running into two totally nice groups of people in a row were rather low. He'd spent a whole day wandering around -- a whole day stretched like a year in this place. The idealism of waking up was gone, replaced with coldly read names of killed and killing. The world had been titled on it's axis from the start, but people were just now starting to grasp that it meant the end of the world. Day three was the day when waking up meant something more than it ever had before, Ian guessed. Or at least, it had meant more to him, had been more solid and stranger than any morning he'd ever had before. Mornings were so peaceful and simple when he was younger -- hell, last week -- but now it meant something new, something foreign. Mornings felt like rocks in his pockets and he didn't understand how anyone could even fake normal anymore, not when everything had gone all upside down on him.

He scrubbed a hand through his hair, told his brain to shut up. What were the people talking about? Killing? Or -- no, not killing.

Ian knew their names but he didn't know them. It felt stupid to say but three days upside down would change a person. The blood ran to your head and down your arms and through your fingers. The people he knew three days ago were not the people who were standing in front of him. He was Ian, but he was someone else at the same time. He searched for grief and found nothing but rocks.

The people who were angry at each other seemed perfectly content with ignoring him, which Ian was also perfectly content with. People with knives were not to be trusted, and Ian was not going to trust them. He wouldn't be put in the awkward position of having to inform them that he didn't trust them if they just sort of didn't know he was there. So instead of saying anything, Ian just sat down and stared at the scene in front of him.

It had only been a day of isolation, but already he felt like he had forgotten how to talk to people. Especially people who were wielding knives and cursing and angry and grieving and a thousand other things Ian couldn't be.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Casey the Undead. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slam

Post by Slam »

So Tyler was a creepy fucker, go figure. Guy acted like something out of a bad slasher movie, which was exactly the sort of person you wanted to meet in the middle of murder island now wasn't it? Whatever, he went off and did his own thing, so as far as Alex cared she'd just ignore him unless she had to avoid become the next Casey fucking Murdervictim von esquire. If it came to that, well, that's what the knife was for.

For whatever reason though, Cass and Ian were doing the same thing and just going off to sit on their own. Yeah, people just walked up to you in the middle of murder island then walked off like nothing happened. As believable as that was, she couldn't suppress the expression of stunned and irritated confusion from spreading across her face.

"So what, we're just ignoring each other then?" she asked at no-one in particular, but loud enough for everyone to hear. Even if she liked her own space and not having to deal with fucking morons, what was the point of pretending that they could just walk by people like they'd just walked by each other in the school corridors, and not in a situation where any of them could presumably kill each other? They could at least tell her up front if they were about to try and murder her or not.

Cass, especially, could've at least invited her to come and eat with her. Christ, were they just pretending they weren't getting on now? Even if Cass probably thought her plan was fucking stupid, apparently, pretending that she wasn't even her traveling buddy in front of these people hurt even more. She was used to being mistreated at school, but that didn't mean she'd just take being ignored lying fucking down, especially not from the asshole she'd put up with for the last two days.

"Because, fuck it, there's nothing any of us would want to fucking say to each other, is there? Cass wouldn't want to hear my stupid fucking escape plan, so why the fuck would the rest of you?"

Maybe she was saying too much, she really didn't care. Ignoring her was just fucking rude.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Cassandra stopped chewing on the piece of bread she held in her mouth and swallowed.

"Would you relax for two seconds." Cassandra could feel her voice rising. She was getting angry. This was not good.

"We're bugged. I cannot believe you are this obtuse. Do you think they honestly they would leave us free to chat about whatever we like? I don't want to hear your plan because if it's actually good, the terrorists will blow your goddamn collar when you execute it."

Cassandra wanted to calm herself down, so she grabbed a bottle of water from he bag and took a drink.

"Just tell me what to do, but don't tell me what you're planning. As soon as you've told me, you've told the terrorists."

Cassandra took another bite of bread and began chewing again. Hopefully that was direct enough.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Tyler more or less ignored the others, adding a little extra food and water to his rough bag--three bars and three bottles, instead of two.  His eyes briefly darted to the bags of the others, but otherwise he ignored them.

Until Alex said something about an escape plan.

Tyler slammed a fist into the wooden counter of his stall, rattling the two bottles he'd left there.  He fixed glaring eyes on Alex.  "You can't escape, you stupid fucks," he said.  "There's no beating them.  This isn't some stupid underdog movie.  Not like that..."  He trailed off.  "That movie.  With Swayze."  His eyes cleared.  "Not Red Dawn.  No Wolverines.  No great rebels.  No such thing as action heroes.  We got caught.  We're gonna die."  

He hopped over the counter, snagging his two bottles as he went, and took several threatening strides towards Alex.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Casey the Undead†

Ian found himself frowning at the group he'd wandered into. Going it alone was becoming more appealing by the second, that was for sure. 

The girl who Ian had once known as Alex (but who knows what had happened since then) seemed incredibly pissed off at her fellow wanderers. Ian disagreed with her on one point -- it wasn't really "ignoring" on his part, so much as "being non-obstructive." If people got him involved, he'd get involved, but it was always safer to stay on the fringes for an easy exit.

He remembered, fondly, the Clue game from two days prior. He'd been eager for that distraction, and was wishing he had something like that here, as well. It was always easier to disarm people with humor, to get them on your side with a joke and an icebreaker. Two days had passed and there were no more games of Clue -- just awkward silences and passive or outright hostility. Trust no one had become the universal policy of everyone. Not that Ian had seen anyone for a day, but -- he could assume.

Cass, on her end, seemed to believe they were bugged. Which was actually likely true. Ian gazed down at his collar. The possibility had never even occurred to him, and it was honestly embarrassing that he'd been so naive. Of course the collars were picking everything up -- but even so, there was no getting out of this place. Tyler pointed the fact out before Ian could, but it didn't matter who said it. It was the most basic, most brutal fact that could be said about this place. There was no escape. Period.

Something was occurring to Tyler has he said that though, something more menacing than Ian thought he had time for. Tyler was walking towards Alex -- cruelly, Ian thought. With intention. Run away, his mind screamed, go it alone!

Instead, he said "That doesn't mean we have to start dying now!" He stood up, scrubbing his hair furiously. "You kill this early and people will call you on it! They'll hunt you!" He had no idea where the words were coming from, could follow no straight line of thought. "You gotta wait till there's no other option, that's the only safe way to do things!"
Slam

Post by Slam »

Did... did Cassandra just call her stupid?!

No, fuck her point about being bugged and escape plans and who gives a shit, she just fucking called her fucking stupid! NO-ONE CALLED HER FUCKING STUPID!

"Listen, you bitch! Don't ever call me fucking obtuse again!" she shouted, blood rushing to her face. It was bad enough that she'd been going around thinking her plan was pointless, but apparently now it was because she thought she was a fucking moron? Who did Cass think she was talking to; Alex King was the least fucking moron person on this entire shithole of a fuckface island!

"Don't ever fucking do it, you fucking asshole!" she kept shouting. Even if it made her throat go hoarse again, she didn't give a shit: Cassandra needed to be put in her place and shut her fucking retarded mouth right this moment, or she'd have hell to pay for it.

"And what the fuck are you looking at!?" she whipped at Tyler, as he continued to act like he was about to murder her. Maybe if Cassandra hadn't pissed her off so much already, she wouldn't have reacted by brandishing her knife at him. Whatever, fuck it, she was in no mood to deal with his bullshit, and if he wanted to try to kill her, she'd gut him like a fish and make him wear the entrails, except that he'd be fucking dead like he fucking deserved to be!

Seriously, who the fuck did Cassandra think she fucking was?!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Cassandra swallowed the piece of bread she was chewing on and took a sip of water. It did not help.

"Maybe I wouldn't have to call you fucking obtuse if you could read between the fucking lines! Of course the terrorists are watching for people trying to escape. You can't honestly expect them to be that fucking dumb, can you? Next time, maybe don't fucking be a passive aggressive bitch."

This probably wasn't going to help, but it did not matter. Alex was being a royal pain in the ass. Cassandra could feel the anger welling up inside of her. Tyler did not matter anymore. Ian might as well have not been there. All Cassandra could focus on was Alex. The years of therapy, the years spent learning to control her temper, were down the drain.

"Holy fuck. You have such a fucking piss poor attitude. You act like you're king of the fucking world because you came up with an escape plan that may not even work, but when someone points out something that you've missed, you flip a shit at them!"

Cassandra's voice was cracking. It was growing hoarse. She needed another drink of water.

Tyler's pessimism had registered at some point, but she did not care. He could go get himself killed for all she cared; he surely was not going to make it out of here alive with that attitude.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

He held himself still a few feet away from Alex, his eyes flickering between all three of those he'd chanced upon.  His fingers tightened around the bottles in his hands.  "Looking at you, you stupid bitch," he said, words heavy with anger.  "You stuck-up, stupid fuck.  Nothing scary about you.  Nothing great about you.  You're a weak, stupid bitch.  And you're gonna die."

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Slam

Post by Slam »

Figures. Everyone was ganging up on her, as usual, and why? Because she was the only one with an escape plan, she was the only one with any ambition, and she was the only one not retarded enough to have not given up on life just because they had a bomb strapped around their neck.

Cassandra was retarded, and Tyler was a fucking psycho. She could've stayed and argued back, could've stood her ground, and she wanted to. She'd give these people her last fucking word, and then she'd leave them to rot in their own retard juices.

"Listen, OBTUSE bitch!" she snapped at the obviously actually stupid girl present, "Terrorists can't listen to every fucking conversation going on at the same fucking time! How many people do you think are on this fucking island?!"

"And you!" She turned to the psycho, "The fuck should I care what you think!? I'm a fucking certified genius, and you haven't done shit for anything but bitch from the moment I've met you, you worthless fucking piece of shit!"

Her throat was going hoarse on her again, but she didn't care. She had said her piece, and she could keep saying her piece, but she'd be beating into a brick wall. She'd thought, for just one stupid moment, that she could trust Cassandra. That she might have had a person she could escape with, and perhaps someone who'd come in handy if she was in trouble. But here she was, showing her true colours. Here she was, spitting in the face of that stupid belief she'd held for a few retarded moments.

So fuck that shit. Fuck all these people, who would rather sit here and die than listen to her fucking common sense. She flipped Tyler and Cass off one last time, then turned heel and stormed off.

Fuck Cass. She'd had her chance.

((Alex King continued in Blowing Smoke))
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans

Return to “Central Grounds”