As Long as There are Stars Above You

Open

Even though its located on the water, The Waterfront definitely has a ‘locals only’ vibe to it. Mostly second and third generation businesses, the stores that line the area are eclectic staples of the community. The largest stores on the block are Karis Vintage Clothier; One Man’s Trash Thrift Store; Elysium Comic, Card, and Gaming Supply; Something Borrowed Used Books; and a Starbucks coffee house.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

"Music is the best thing for getting you in the right frame of mind." Gray said in reply to Sophie saying she liked to listen to music when she worked. "I listen to music when I work as well. It's just finding the right music that fits at the time. After that I can work for as long as it takes. Just need to start working first." Gray had always had a problem with that, it was the reason he only scraped average grades, he didn't put the same amount of effort into school that he put into his hobbies. The issue was none of the subjects he studied grabbed his interest, not in the same way as skating, surfing or snowboarding did.

Maybe it was the fact that it wasn't as exciting or that he never properly engaged himself unless some form of physical activity was involved. The only other thing he really committed to in the same way was music but that was for different reasons and he was mostly doing other things when he listened to music. Apart from that one Rise Against gig on his birthday but that was a different situation, since his favourite band was playing in Seattle, on his birthday. There was really only thing for him to do when he found out about it.

As Gray was thinking he heard someone call out his name. Looking up he saw that Nina was saying goodbye and leaving the Starbucks, it struck Gray as a little odd but he didn't question it. Maybe she had to be somewhere or had gotten a text from someone. Meera gave him and Sophie a small wave before she also left the Starbucks. So in the space of thirty seconds two people had suddenly left.

"So Nina and Meera just left, kinda stuck for what to do now."
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Sophie waved goodbye as Nina and Meera both excused themselves from Starbucks. It looked like they both had things they needed to do, so Sophie was fine with them heading off. Gray asked what they should do now. Sophie was just as puzzled as he was. It looked like they were going to all sit and chat, but now that it was just her and Gray, would they manage to find enough to converse about?

"Well, I'm fine with just hanging out here," she told Gray. "I don't have to do anything else today, so I'm good for whatever you think. I mean, if you've got something to do, that's fine with me. I'll probably just go back to playing."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Sophie said they could either stay in the Starbucks and or if Gray had anything to do he could go and she would just go back to playing her guitar outside. Gray didn't actually have anything to do and didn't want to just ditch Sophie after the other had only just left. In the end he decided on a compromise.

"How about we head outside. Relax out there and enjoy the weather."

Gray stood up and picked up his bag and drink.

"Then I could listen to you play for a bit because honestly I have nowhere to be."

Swinging his bag over his shoulder Gray walked out of the Starbucks, he'd been told to man up. Adding some extra confidence in with that wouldn't hurt that was for sure.

((Gray Emerson continued in...))
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Gray suggested that they move outside so they could enjoy the nice day, and then Sophie could play for him.

"Oh! That's a good idea," Sophie said. "I've got an idea on some songs to play. I finally got 'Here, There, and Everywhere' figured out, so I can probably premiere my cover of that."

Sophie stood up from the table, grabbing her guitar and placing the strap around her shoulder. She grabbed her iced tea and followed Gray out of the shop.

Showtime!

((Sophie McDowell continued elsewhere))

Return to “The Waterfront”