On the Waterfront

Even though its located on the water, The Waterfront definitely has a ‘locals only’ vibe to it. Mostly second and third generation businesses, the stores that line the area are eclectic staples of the community. The largest stores on the block are Karis Vintage Clothier; One Man’s Trash Thrift Store; Elysium Comic, Card, and Gaming Supply; Something Borrowed Used Books; and a Starbucks coffee house.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

((Sorry, similar situation to Arscapi. I'll try to be more prompt with my updates from now on))

As David flipped through the book in his hands, the uncomfortable feeling in his stomach worsened. He glanced at his watch, wondering what to do next. There was really anything that he wanted to buy, but he was unsure of what he should do in that situation. Should I go and ask them when they want to leave? That might seem rude... He scratched nervously at his throat as he thought.

After what seemed like an eternity of waiting, he decided to finally take a look and see what Grace and Kaliska were doing. He walked around past the bookshelf and saw Kaliska waving to him. Taking that a gesture for him to join her, David walked over to where she was standing.

Upon arrival, he was slightly relieved to see her talking with the clerk. He swallowed as he tried to think of what to say to her when she was done. Would it be rude to ask her when they should be going? He slouched, sticking his hands in his pockets as he waited for an opportunity to ask.
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
randomness

Post by randomness »

((No problem, I've got exams coming up soon, so I might not be too quick with replies as well))

Seeing Kaliska's gesture, Grace put the book back on the shelf. There was a mild twinge of disappointment. It had been a good read, at least from what she saw of it, i.e. not much. Maybe she'd stop by and get it some other time. With the book back on the shelf, she walked back towards the front of the store.

Kaliska was talking to a clerk but Grace guessed that they were just about done anyway.

"Hmn? You guys didn't find anything interesting either? That's a shame." Grace said, noting the lack of books or carriers in hands. "How 'bout we go get that coffee now. I mean, I'm practically dying for a drink."
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

"My thoughts exactly," said Kaliska with a smile. She waved to the the employee and led the group towards Starbucks. "Any ideas what your in the mood for," she asked as they walked. Traffic seemed to have picked up since they'd gone in, there was more people walking along the storefronts. She weaved through a few more people and then arrived at the door. "I'm thinking that I'm more in the mood for tea than coffee right now."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

David waited anxiously as the others finished their conversation. He pulled his hands out of his pockets and scratched his neck. After a minute or two of deciding, the two of them began to walk out of the door. David felt a twinge of disappointment at being left out of their conversation, which he quickly buried as he followed behind them. As they opened the door to leave, he quickened his pace so that he wouldn't get left behind. He made it out of the shop just in time, with the door hitting him in the back on the way out.

David followed Grace and Kaliska through the street, almost bumping into several people as he tried to keep up with them. The afternoon sun beat down on his head as he walked through the crowd, finally arriving at the Starbucks. He paused when Kaliska stopped and turned towards the group.

"I'm thinking that I'm more in the mood for tea than coffee right now."

David didn't really know what to say to that. He wasn't much of a tea or a coffee drinker. To be honest, he had never actually drank either, aside from some lemon tea that his mother occasionally made when he was sick. He wasn't even sure why he had agreed to come to Starbucks anyway. Well, it wasn't like he could back out now...

"Okay," he said after a moment. He scratched his neck again, looking down at the ground for a moment. He looked over at Grace, then quickly looked away again. He didn't want to seem like he was staring at anyone, so he picked a spot on the wall behind Kaliska and began to look at it. He shuffled his feet as he waited for some sort of cue for what he should do next.
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
randomness

Post by randomness »

Despite the now heavier traffic, they'd reached Starbucks a little sooner than she'd expected.

It seemed rather crowded, full of people relaxing in the air-conditioned building, avoiding the kind of sunshine that Seattle experienced a total of two times a year. At least there seemed to be enough empty tables for them to find a decent place to sit.

"I'm thinking that I'm more in the mood for tea than coffee right now." Kalisa said.

"Come to Starbuck's and not have coffee?" Grace feigned mock surprise at Kaliska's statement. "That's almost blasphemy. What are you going to say next? That you're not allowed to bring in MacBooks as well?"

Grace smiled a little after making that comment. "Honestly though, I'm probably just getting a vanilla latte. Or an espresso, maybe. How about you, David?"
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

"I confess, I'm guilty of not getting coffee, " Kaliska said smiled and threw her hands up melodramatically. "However, I'm still getting caffeine and sugar, which honestly is the main reason I get anything from Starbucks." Kaliska led the trio to the end of the line, which was fortunately only a few people long. Plenty of time for her to decide exactly what she wanted.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
randomness

Post by randomness »

((Gah. I'm so sorry for not posting for so long... ))

The queue didn't take long to reach its end and Grace had quickly gotten her drink.

Her phone had beeped once, and Grace hurriedly pulled her phone out and read through the message. From what she could tell, a few of her friends were to be meeting at the mall in a minute. She looked at her phone wondering whether she should go. Kaliska and David were still in the queue. It would be rude to simply leave them like this. Besides, didn't she want to spend a day away from her usual group of friends?

Instead of choosing, Grace just flumped down rather solid chair and took a sip of her drink. She could make a decision after they ordered.

Return to “The Waterfront”