Guava Jelly

Open Thread

Even though its located on the water, The Waterfront definitely has a ‘locals only’ vibe to it. Mostly second and third generation businesses, the stores that line the area are eclectic staples of the community. The largest stores on the block are Karis Vintage Clothier; One Man’s Trash Thrift Store; Elysium Comic, Card, and Gaming Supply; Something Borrowed Used Books; and a Starbucks coffee house.
Cake

Guava Jelly

Post by Cake »

[[Lahela Nakoa Continued From: It's not good, Eric. It's a Gazebo!]]

It wasn't quite like the beach, but it was the best substitute she had for one here in Seattle.

Lahela Nakoa sat on a portable lawn chair next to a picnic table, around the outside of a nice, outdoor public pool on the waterfront. The light breeze from the bay side, reminded her of the trade winds back on the islands. It was also surprisingly a nice, sunny day, rare from what she was used to with Seattle, hinting the first signs of the summer beginning. Now this type of weather she liked.

It was the weekend and she went with her mother, when they first saw the unusually cloudless sky and they knew for sure it was the perfect time to go out and see the water. To be honest, the waterfront view from the community pool wasn't half bad. She heard from Emily, that people from school would often show up, so that was cool. Maybe she'd see someone she knew, one of her new friends, or maybe a hot guy in his swim trunks.

She sighed. If only...

Aurora prom was quickly approaching and she still wasn't able to find a date for prom. She was getting pretty desperate and actually quite annoyed at her luck. She'd never had a tough time like this at her old school. She considered even asking one of the awkward, but funny MMA boys, just so she could have a date. More likely though, she'd probably ask the boy next door, to Emily's house if he didn't already have a date. Still, it would really make her happy and boost her self-esteem if someone did ask her.

Lahela watched as her mom swam around one of the pools, playing with a beach ball with some of her kid relatives on Aunty Lani's side of the family, who wanted to tag along. Emily mentioned to Lahela that she might swing by later, but it wasn't a promise.

For now, Lahela adjusted her bikini and put on her sunglasses, which she thought she'd never get the chance to wear again. She picked up her ukulele from it's case and began to strum a pleasant and relaxing tune as she waited, to see if anyone from school would eventually show up.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

((Aria Samuels continued from Quiet Time in the Library))

Aria felt very much out of place here. His eyes scanned around the area nervously as he made his way to the public pool. Wearing a pair of black swimming shorts, white shirt and sandals, he couldn't help but feel a little out of place as he made his way towards the pool. Maybe it was the fact that it was his first time here, but Aria felt very uncomfortable being here alone.

Aria heard from his parents about the public pool in the waterfront and due to being a very nice and sunny day, which is something really odd in Seattle, Aria wanted to go for a swim. It was days like these that reminded him of his home back in Indonesia. While they didn't have public pools, Aria always enjoyed the occasional swim in his pool back in his house when the days got really hot. While he spent most of his time indoors, Aria did occasionally go out from time to time. Most of the time it was alone though.

This excursion to the pool also allowed him to stop thinking of the school prom coming up. Aria very much expected to go alone to prom due to being new to the school. He hadn't been focusing on finding a date to the prom and was more occupied with staying alive at school and keeping up with grades. He considered whether he should actually go to prom or not, owing to the fact that he'd probably feel horribly out of place there. He only joined the school this year and that didn't help with his confidence in talking to people.

As he started to think about prom again, he heard the sound of music. More specifically, a ukelele. Almost immediately, he started humming along to the pleasant tune. The tune helped him relaxed and soon, he began to look around in an attempt to find the source of the music. He smiled widely when he saw Lahela playing on what he assumed to be her ukelele.

Lahela was probably the person Aria was closest to in the school. Having been approached by her during one of his first days of school, Aria quickly bonded with her due to them both being new to Aurora High. He appreciated her very kind and accepting personality and found it easy to click with her, eventually forming a strong friendship with her. Out of everyone in school, Aria felt he was most comfortable with her.

"Hey there!" Aria called out, waving at Lahela as he quickly made his way towards her. It was a relief that he found Lahela here. He hated being alone, especially out of school. With Lahela there, Aria felt comfortable and didn't suffer from his stuttering problem. He enjoyed his times with Lahela because he didn't feel alone. Owing to the fact most of his life was spent alone, he really appreciated the times he spent with her.

"I didn't know you could play the ukelele. You play it really well." He complemented as he reached her position. At this point, he decided to sit next to her on the floor without asking her if he could. He just assumed that she would allow him to sit with her. In any case, he was just happy for the fact he didn't have to alone here. He enjoyed the sun's rays as he gave a warm smile to Lahela.
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Riki

Post by Riki »

[David Zimmer, Pre Game Start]

Water.

Something David knew his entire life. Something David loved dearly. Water was the world where victory embarks and failure strikes, where David has invested his life in. Yes, water is his element, and each moment he spend in it, no matter the circumstances, turned in a beloved memory. The days of competition are his most cheeriched days. The rush of adrenaline he experiences while pursuing his victory is, even when it only lasts a few seconds, something David awaits from new each time.

But not this time.

This time, he just wanted to enjoy a quiet day at the waterfront. No tension. No problems. Not thinking of school. Not thinking of family. Not thinking about prom. Especially not about prom. The fact that prom will happen soon and the even more unnerving fact that David still is without a date are thoughts that clouded David's mind for the last weeks.

A sigh escaped David as he tried to bind his hair in a pony tail.

Not today, I'm just going to relax.

Finishing his attempt to tame his hair, David moved to a nearby mirror, looking at himself. David wore tight, black bathing drawers, something he also wears for contests, green flip-flops and the black rubber strap keeping his hair at bay. He touched his rather large nose and sighed again, before turning around to seek a place for his towel.

The waterfront is a place David regularly visits. He always hoped to find some class mates, which is usually not the case, thanks to the weather in Seattle. Yet, today is a sunny day, and David wanted to get as much out of this day as possible.

His eyes crossed the environment, immediately finding two persons he already vaguely knew.

One was a young woman, Lahela was her name. David recognised her as she is originally from Hawaii, something that can be seen from afar. The other one was Aria Samuels. A shy boy, and David felt the incredible urge to be around him. His shyness combined with that fact that he is somewhat new to Seattle caused David to worry. These people are prone for bulliying.

David thinked that neither of them had much interaction with him aside from brief and mundane conversations in the corridors of the school. Yet he tried to make clear his friendly attitude by smiling at them and treating them with much respect.

"Hey there! Aren't you Lahela and Aria? We go to the same school. Would you mind if I sit next to you?", he asked them with a smile on his lips while walking towards them.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Cake

Post by Cake »

Lahela continued to strum her tune even as her friend from school, Aria Samuels, approached her with a greeting.

Aria was a nice kid, who she'd met on the first day of her school year at Aurora. He was quiet and stayed on his own at the time, when everyone else already had several friends over the course of the four years there to hang out with. So Lahela figured why not just find somebody in the same boat as her to talk with?

He was shy of course, but eventually the boy managed to open up. To her at least.

By the look on his face, it seemed like he really enjoyed her playing, which was always a nice little feel good feeling. She responded to his greeting with a warm smile of her own. Aria sat down on the floor next to her chair, enjoying the chill sounds of her music and then complimented Lahela on it, which brought a smile to her face, but partially for the other thing he said. That of course was that he didn't know she could play the ukulele.

"Foreals? I carry it, like- all the time!" She said with a laugh. "Nah-nah... thank you my braddah. I love that you love it."

Along with Emily, Aria was one of a few people Lahela could relax her 'mainland voice' a bit and talk more comfortably, a little like how she did back home. He didn't give her any weird looks that made her feel awkward when she did, so that helped a lot.

She stopped strumming and placed the ukulele back into the case, to rest against the side of her lawn chair, so she could chat a little bit, with her chum.

"How's it going, Aria? Nice to see you here, on this fine, sunshiny day," she said, as she switched her dialect, to the Seattle way she was getting used to, in a joking tone.

Before anything else could happen, her attention diverted to another boy, also approaching her relaxing spot, with a towel over his shoulder, a pair of green rubber slippers on his feet and this tight-fitting something as a swim suit. Lahela recognized the boy, from school. She'd seen him around a couple times and knew that his name was Davey or something like that. She took in the features: blonde hair, blue eyes, a white boy, but with a nice, light tan.

"Why... hey there."

Lahela pushed her sunglasses down by the hinge and peeked over them to get a better look. She didn't really think much of him before, but it was obvious to her now, that he was quite the specimen, with that swimmer build, which he'd kept hidden for so long. Lahela was reminded to thank the Seattle sun for actually being sunny for once, later on.

"Oh? Oh yeah! I mean, not at all. I don't mind and yeah. Lahela is I," she responded with a chuckle when she realized he was standing there awaiting an answer to the question he had just asked. "Have a seat. That is, if Aria doesn't mind."
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Aria was surprised to hear that Lahela actually carried that ukelele with her at all times and blushed a little in embarrassment. Aria never really did pay attention to details such as that. He was probably to busy having a good time with her to even realize that she carried a ukelele with her, let alone that she could play it. Then again, she did come from Hawaii. Maybe it's common for Hawaiian people to play the ukelele.

"Thanks Lahela. I love that you love that I love your ukelele playing." Aria replied in a humorous tone in an attempt to be funny. He found himself giggling at his own little statement as he personally found it humorous. He didn't know why though, he just thought it was funny. it didn't take a lot to make Aria laugh once he was comfortable with someone.

Aria was a little sad that Lahela decided to stop playing. He particularly enjoyed her music and the ukelele was one of the instruments that he rarely got to hear. However, he turned to face Lahela as she began chatting with him.

"Things are going well. I must agree that it is nice to see you on this fine, sunshiny day." Aria replied in the same joking way as he and Lahela both put on silly Seattle accents which made Aria giggle again. It was always funny to listen to Lahela talk with a Seattle accent. She looked so foreign that seeing her speak in an American accent was just plain odd. In any case, Aria preferred when she spoke in her usual, hawaiian accent. It seemed more natural.

However, it didn't seem that she was paying attention to him.

"Umm Lahela?" Aria asked in a worried tone, waving his hand in front of her as he wondered what had got her attention. He then looked towards where she was looking and realized what she was staring at.

It was that guy. That guy from school. He saw him around and the boy occasionally tried to make conversation with him, which Aria normally replied with stutters and excuses that he needed to be elsewhere, which was normally true. He seemed to catch him in really awkward times such as when he needed to go to his extra-curricular activities. As such, he was never able to make conversation with him and he had no idea what he was like. He secretly hoped he wouldn't notice him and Lahela as he didn't want to have to re

Aria couldn't help but glaze over his body. It was clear he was a swimmer. He had a really nice body and coupled with his blonde hair and blue eyes, he had to admit that he did look good. He didn't really like the ponytail though. Aria didn't really like ponytails on guys in general. It didn't really suit them at all and just made them look stupid in his honest opinion. They looked much better on girls.

It was then that Aria realized that he was speaking to them. Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap. What was he going to do now? What should he say. Aria visibly stiffened as he heard Lahela reply to the other kid's query and asked him to join the two of them, with Aria's permission.

Now why did she have to say that?

Aria started to freak out as he started to think about what he should say. He didn't really want to talk to him, but at the same time it would be rude to reject his offer. He also wanted to make friends and maybe this kid could be another one of his friends. But at the same time, he sorta wanted to enjoy the moment with Lahela and if the kid from school joined in the conversation, Aria could predict him being sorta like a third-wheel in the conversation.

Aria continued to debate the question inside his head for a few seconds, causing an awkward silence to form as he thought about whether he should let him sit with them or not. In the end, he decided to let the kid sit with them. Sometimes Aria could be too nice.

"I-I d-d-don't mind Lahela. H-he can s-sit with us if he wants..." Aria said quietly to her, feeling uncomfortable in the presence of this other kid. He fidgeted a little as he waited for the kid to take a seat with him and Lahela. As he waited, he unconsciously moved a little closer to Lahela. She was like his emotional rock at times like this. And right now, he really needed one.
[+] Version 7

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Riki

Post by Riki »

As David approached the pair he noticed that Lahela lowered her sun glasses. Although David is rather good with analysing the behaviour of other people, he wasn't sure if she did it to show her disapproval or because of the sun, which is shining strong for Seattle standarts. Or, although David dismissed this idea, to hide her gaze. Relief filled David as Lahela announced with mild laughter that he is welcome to stay, but have to wait for Aria's approval first. David tilted his head towards Aria's direction, waiting for a response.

The uneasiness of Aria became clearly visible. For a moment, David considered the possibility of Aria being intimidated by him. It would not be the first time that someone is. Even if David is not the tallest boy in his age group, his muscles are usually compensating for it. The next moment, David realised that Aria is probably uncomfortable with most people he does not know. Memories flooded in David's mind and he remembered the fact that most times he saw Aria, he was uncomfortable. It must be in his personality.

"I-I d-d-don't mind Lahela. H-he can s-sit with us if he wants..."

David had some problems understanding the quiet voice, but once he understood his message, he expressed his gratitude with a friendly face and put his towel on the ground and sat on it. He then noticed that Aria moved a bit closer to Lahela, immediately David realized that Aria was indeed uncomfortable with David around. Wanting to change that, he moved his head closer to Aria's and spoke in a calm and deep voice:

"Hey... you don't have to feel bad with me here. I won't bite you."

The last sentence ended with a chuckle. David really did not wanted to be a nuisance to the both of them. Who knows, Aria might turn out to be a nice buddy under that shy and fragile surface.

With that, he moved back to face Lahela again. He admired her soft face, the long dark hair and the eyes that are complimenting her hair. After a few seconds passed, he noticed that he stared at her a little too long. Slightly embarrassed, he moved back. Using a half-hearted laugh to cover his feelings, he asked:

"He, how are you both doing?", attempting to include himself with the conversation.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Cake

Post by Cake »

Aria allowed the other boy to lay his towel close by, albeit with a stutter. Lahela watched as Davey boy calmly laid his towel onto the poolside floor and Aria scoot closer to her chair. It seemed pretty obvious that Aria was back into his nervous and shy mood, unfortunately, just by Davey boy's presence.

Well, Lahela could definitely control the conversation, for his sake. An idea formed in her head as she saw one of her little cousins leave the water to make a sandwich on the table in back of her. She could allow a quick excuse for Aria to avoid being talked to. Hopefully, he'd catch on to her little plan to help him avoid talking.

"Hey, Aria. There's a loaf of bread on the picnic table in back of me. My mom brought some guava jelly, if you want to make a sandwich."

As soon as she said that to Aria, Davey boy started speaking to them again, asking how they were doing.

"Well, I'm all good, now," Lahela answered, while she peeked over her sunglasses once again, at the boy and his pretty blue eyes. Gosh, she loved when Haole boys with these colorful eyes, made eye contact when they talked. So shiny.

"I'm just relaxing here in the sun while I can. Dang clouds. I'm also lamenting on my lack of a prom partner."

She yawned and with a lazy smile, stretched her arms then rested her hands under the back of her head.

"And how're you doing Davey boy? Or do you prefer David? Stuff been good for you lately, stud?"
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Aria instinctively leaned backwards when he saw that the boy's head was way too close for his liking and while he listened to the boy's words, it didn't make him feel any more comfortable. In fact, Aria felt even more uncomfortable as he didn't appreciate David breaching his personal space. He shied away even more as he tried to make some distance from the other kid, visibly blushing from his words. He was just plain creepy.

It was then that Lahela offered him a chance to make a sandwich. Why did she offer that? To be honest, Aria had recently ate and really wasn't in the mood for more food right now. In any case, Aria didn't really like guava. He much preferred watermelons and mangos to guavas.

"I-It's alright Lahela. I-I've already eaten..." Aria softly told her, his nerves acting up in the presence of David. Aria crossed his arms over himself as he began tapping his left arm with his right index finger, a silent indicator that he didn't like the situation he was in. A worried look was on his face as he didn't want to say anything that could cause David to look at him in a bad light. Doing so may aggravate him into bullying Aria and that was the last thing he wanted. One of the reasons why part of him was glad to leave his school was to escape all the bullying he went through.

"I-I'm ok... enjoying t-the sun... i-it's a nice day... r-reminds me of home." Aria whispered to the two of them in an effort to make conversation, curling up into a little ball as he slowly scrunched himself up. While Indonesia was not one of the nicest places to live, it was still his home. He enjoyed the hot weather, the rainy days and all the times he visited Bali on vacation. The warm beaches and constant hot weather was what Aria really missed about Indoneisa. He hated winter with a passion and was never one who liked snow. It was just too cold for his liking compared to the nice summer sun beating down on the world.

It was then he realized that Lahela mentioned that she didn't have a prom partner. This fact surprised him as he expected someone as pretty as Lahela to already have a prom date. There was no doubt in the world that Lahela was not attractive. Any idiot could see that. However, Aria really didn't feel that attracted to her. While she may be really attractive, Aria didn't really care about that. He only saw her as a friend.

"I-I don't have a d-date to prom either. I-I'll probably go alone..." He once again said timidly. He never was going to get a date for prom, that was for sure. Aria never really made an impact in Aurora High. He normally just acted as a wallflower and let the world pass by around him, occasionally picking up friends like Lahela. He didn't think many people in the school knew he even existed. Not that he minded too much. He'd rather be ignored than bullied.

At this point, Aria decided to stay quiet as he watched the other two engage in conversation. While he did try to get in with the conversation, he still couldn't get over his nerves. David did seem to be a nice guy, even if he was not aware of the concept of personal space.
[+] Version 7

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Riki

Post by Riki »

O dear, this is gonna be hard.

The timidness of Aria only increased with David's attempt to reassure him. Realizing that, he decided to not comfort him any further and hoped that David's behaviour will be enough to convince Aria. David really wanted to make Aria feel comfortrable around him, thus the lacking results so far felt terrible.

After talking to Aria about something, making a sandwich or similiar, Lahela responded to David's question, stating that she feels fine. She then stated to have no prom partner yet, and Aria told him too, tha-

...wait, she doesn't have a partner yet?

A small rush of excitement filled David. He also was without partner, but he now saw a chance to change that. It is definitely not something to miss, Lahela was an extraordinary beautyful female. Combined with her lovable Hawaiian aura it maked her an attractive girls. Surprising to know that she has no partner yet. But also fortunaly for David, who desperately wanted to have a partner for prom.

"And how're you doing Davey boy? Or do you prefer David? Stuff been good for you lately, stud?"

"I'm good! Enjoying the good weather. Oh, and you can call me whatever you want."

David changed positions, subtly clipping his hands between arm and torso thus enphasizing his muscles more.

"And what funny coincidences, I don't have a prom partner too!"

Even if David tries to be a mature person, when it comes down to the chance to get a girl, the inner teenager shows his face. The environment was forgotten, the other vistiors were forgotten, Aria was forgotten (although said boy is not doing much to avoid that). Only thing important now was to impress Lahela.
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Cake

Post by Cake »

Lahela face-palmed a little when Aria didn't take the opening she gave him to make his exit from the conversation, which he very obviously wanted out of.

She already knew how much of a headache it was to speak with Aria when he was in anxiety. She also knew how uncomfortable he was when he got that way. So it looked like she would have to think of a different method in separating David and Aria, to end the increasingly painful awkwardness of the moment. Since subtlety didn't seem to work, she instead sat up and leaned over to whisper her plan quickly and directly into Aria's ear.

"Relax; I'm going to take him away from you. You can use my chair if you want."

With that, Lahela stood up from her chair, removing her sunglasses and pretending to stretch while adjusting her bikini straps more comfortably. At nearly the same time, Aria mentioned not having a date for prom either with David suddenly speaking up more enthusiastically than before to mention that he too didn't have a prom date.

"Oh really?" Lahela questioned in a somewhat coy tone. "And I can call you anything I want too, huh?"

She half chuckled and half giggled at every thought that crossed her mind. Stuff was getting much easier and falling into place better than she'd expected. It was now clear to her, that she had Davey boy interested and had taken his attention completely away from Aria and that uncomfortable situation. Heck it was possible she could even get a date for prom with this nice looking blonde. Although, she thought it'd be fun to play around a bit and see if he would be the one who would be asking her to the prom.

"There's a few things I'd like to call you David, but I'm gonna call you by your Hawaiian name: Kāwika. Say it with me now: Kah-vee-kah," she ordered jokingly.

"Anyway Kāwika, I'm feeling kind of, hungry. Want to come over to the guava jelly table and... Talk?"
Without waiting for an answer, Lahela picked up her ukulele case and headed toward the picnic table.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Aria looked confused as he watched Lahela face palm. All she did was ask if Aria wanted to make a sandwich. Why did she react like that? As Aria thought about it for a while, a sudden realization came to him. She was trying to help him. At the time, Aria didn't even consider that idea nor did he pick up on the subtleties behind what she was trying to convey. Thinking back to it now, Aria felt like an idiot as the realization started to sink in a little.

This suspicion was only confirmed when Lahela whispered her intentions to him. At this point, Aria flushed a brilliant red in complete embarrassment as he buried his head in his legs for a moment. It was times like these where he wished he could bury himself in a hole and hide there for a while. It would save the embarrassment.

"Thanks." Aria gratefully whispered back as Lahela stood up to stretch. It was revealed that David was also single for Prom and Aria was able to put two and two together and come to the conclusion that Lahela had just gotten a prom date. This made Aria smile as he felt genuinely happy for Lahela to get a date. She was such a beautiful girl in her own way and she really deserved to get a date unlike Aria. If she didn't get a date, Aria could easily come to the conclusion that everyone in his school were idiots and didn't deserve Lahela.

He giggled when Lahela started her hawaiian talk with naming David "Kāwika". A part of him wondered what his name would be like in Hawaiian. But then he realized that his name was Indonesian and quite exotic compared to the usual names like "James" and "Mike". There probably wasn't a word in the Hawaiian dictionary that could translate his name. Not that he minded at all. He enjoyed having an exotic name. It made him a little more unique than the other kids in school. That was an awesome feeling.

When Lahela moved over with her ukelele to the lunch table, Aria took it as an opportunity to take her chair and lay back on it, trying not to make eye contact with David. He closed his eyes and took in some of the sun's rays, trying to make most of the very rare sun. With sun being a common occurrence back in Jakarta, it was odd climatising to the environment of Seattle, where sun was like gold dust. The weather was not something Aria liked about Seattle, but had learned to get used to it.

"I-I think you should go with L-lahela. Y-you might get h-her as a d-d-date." Aria told David in attempt to get David as far away from Aria. Aria did not like David. He seemed like a nice kid, but he was was too creepy. The way he acted with Aria caused him to put David in his mental list of people to watch out for. He breached his personal bubble and generally was someone that Aria found more intimidating than likable. Plus he had horrible hair.

After talking to David, Aria closed his eyes and let himself fall into a state of relaxation. He needed to calm himself down and get over all of his anxiety. He started to take deep breaths as he forgot about the world around him.

Breathe in... Breathe out...

He repeated this process until he was finally at peace. In this state, Aria was dreaming. Dreaming of his home, Indonesia. Dreaming of the warm beaches of Bali and himself lying on the sand as the sun radiated it's heat onto him. He could feel the sand around him and he could hear the waves. He felt the tides of calm travel within him as he forgot about the world and its problems. In this state, he didn't have a care in the world.
[+] Version 7

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Riki

Post by Riki »

Lahela leaned over to Aria and whispered something in his ear. David did not understood what exactly she said, but it resulted in Aria being even more uneased. His lips moved, but he did not understood anything this time again. Before noticing Aria's smile, David moved his attention back to Lahela, who was stretching and ordered David in a jokingly manner to say his new nick name. Silently he did as she told him, the lips moving more than actually producing sound:

"Kah-Wee-Kah... Yeah, that's fine."

She then stated to be hungry, and asked David if he wanted to have a guava jelly sandwich. Without waiting for an answer, she took her ukulele and moved, with David following her shortly after. On the side he could hear Aria telling him that he might find a prom partner, not knowing that this is David's intention. He shortly looked back at Aria, and the guy avoided to make eye contact with him, which made David feel slightly bad, but he soon realized that it would be better for Aria if David let him stay alone. Rushing to Lahela, who arrived at the picnic table, he attempted to start a conversation, but wasn't sure what to say. He wanted to ask Lahela to be his prom partner right now, but was also afraid that this will ultimately ruin his chances.

Thus, David decided to be subtle.

"It's interesting that you have no partner yet. You look like someone every boy and girl wants to have."

Or at least, he attempted it.
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Cake

Post by Cake »

[[OOC: Almost a month later, I return. Let's see if I remember how to do this RP thing.]]

Someone every boy and girl wants to have? Lahela didn't think it was accurate, but it was still a nice little compliment.

"Oh yeah, whatever!" Lahela said, laughing it off. "I'm not that desirable. Did you see my cousin Emily? Now that's a hottie."

Lahela rested the ukulele case on the table and picked up a plastic butter knife then began idly spreading the jam over her wheat bread. She took a bite and it wasn't bad, probably would have been a bit better on toasted bread, but being that they didn't exactly bring a toaster to the community pool, it would have to do.

"But thanks, you're not too bad yourself Davi- I mean Kāwika," Lahela said with a wink, while emphasizing the V-sound in the name so he'd get it right and then she chuckled at the thought of the new name she had bestowed upon him. She decided she'd make a sandwich for him too, since he did follow her over. She wasn't completely sure he was interested in going to prom with her after all. Maybe he was gay or something and really did want the sandwich.

The whole thing he had with Aria was a bit suspect, but gay or not the boy was nice to look at. The only thing that didn't quite appeal to her was his haircut. She liked her white boys like she'd see them on TV, with short clean cuts or something mid-length and shaggy like a surfer or skater rather than a ponytail. However, if he was in fact interested in going to the prom with her, she would make it easy and hand him the opening to do so.

"So... What's up?"
Riki

Post by Riki »

[Jimmy gave me permission to skip him]

Thoughts dashed through David's mind. He tried to say something, to start a conversation, which would ultimately lead to him or Lahela asking each other out to prom. However, as Lahela prepared a second sandwich, which David assumed was for him, David's only action was to stand idly near her.

"So... What's up?"

This was a nice start. Quickly, David collected a laconic answer in his mind. Important was, of course, thanking for her compliment, as it is good ettiquette.

"Nothing much. But thank you for the flowers. Tried to find some relaxing time here at the waterfront. You know, with all the..."

A moment of hestitation, David wasn't sure how to continue for while. He tried to signalize that he was interested, but not in a way that would turn her off.

"...prom stuff. Everyone's busy finding a partner and so. Eh, it is actually kind of annoying, with my some of my buds always telling me how hot their date is. But..."

Another pause. David realized that this sentence could come off as a negative view on prom. Definetly not the desired effect. To change that, he thought about his next sentence and ultimately decided to say:

"I'd like to have a good date too. But that's life, some dudes just don't get the ladies. You know, since you don't have a date either, we could be the emergency couple if everything else fails!"

The last sentence was seemingly joking. It might have been too obviously, but David hoped that this attempted and humorous part would be a sign to Lahela, and thusly a chance for him to check her interest. Logically, David could have just asked her, but for him, it still could have been that she is just nice. And if one thing is true in the art of dating, it would be the fact that David never wanted to hit on a girl that is not interested in him.
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Cake

Post by Cake »

[[OOC: Sorry for the massive wait. I'll make very brief posts to avoid delay so we can get this thread done.]]

"Are you asking me to prom, David?" Lahela said in the most seemingly disinterested voice as possible. The use of his real name rather than the Hawaiianized nick-name coupled with the disinterested tone and expression she wore hopefully added to the effect.

After staring seriously at David for a moment, Lahela finally broke out the chuckle and smile she had been holding back.

"If so, yeah. Sure. I'd love to go. I don't have a date anyway and I want to go, so hey why not? I would definitely not have a problem with a guy like you around me. Haha no, I mean like - generally. Not, oh nevermind."

Lahela laughed a little more and continued spreading the jelly on the bread then looked at him again.

"There's just one thing I need you to do," Lahela trailed off without finishing her request.

She instead finished the sandwich and moved to give it to him. Right when she got near David, she slipped a little bit on the poolside's wet pavement, sending the jellied slice of bread flying from the disposable plate right at the boy's chest.

"Oops!"

Return to “The Waterfront”