Morning at the Mordetsky Mansion

Meet the Mordetsky clan.

The area that feeds into Aurora High is representative of the ethnic and economic diversity that makes Seattle so unique. The architecture is varied, illustrating the growth and expansion that the city has undergone. Turning a corner can lead you from townhouses and apartments to quiet tree-lined streets of modest single-family homes, while the next turn might lead you to areas of much higher or lower property values. The unifying sight in the area is the herds of students who trudge to and from the school daily.
Aura

Morning at the Mordetsky Mansion

Post by Aura »

In a lavish mansion in the richer part of Seattle, a family resides.  With a large amount of income coming from the father's restaraunt chain, money is no major concern.  The interior is finely decorated, but not so fancy that it seems pompous.

This is the residence of the Mordetsky family.

The father, a tall man with a beard trimmed very short to match his brown hair stands idly in the foyer.  His wife, a blonde woman in a lavish dress wearing an abundance of makeup stood next to him with a bored expression on her face.  The two waited for their children to come downstairs to begin the day.

First to descend the steps was a girl.  Her blonde hair stretched to her mid-back and swayed behind her as her slender frame made its way down the steps.  Her sizable chest emphasized by the low cut of her shirt, and her long legs shown off by a pair of short shorts.  High heels adorned her feet.  She walked over to her parents and placed one hand on her hip as she addressed them.

"So can I leave yet, or do I have to wait for him?  She stated, putting an unpleasant emphasis on the word "him".

(Stacey Mordetsky: Start)

"Stacey..." Her father, Bryan Mordetsky responded with a disapproving tone, "You should be more patient with your brother.  You know that he likes to move at his own pace."

"Bryan, honey..." His wife, Carol Mordetsky interjects, "She has a point.  She has places to be.  Why should she wait?"

"Because I wish to have a talk with the whole family." Bryan retorted.

At this time, another figure began to walk down the stairs.  This one was male, slightly shorter, and much scrawnier.  His messy brown hair sat in a mop atop his head, while his pale face was adorned with a slightly nervous look.  His clothes were quite baggy on him due to his small size.  His T-shirt depicted the logo of the famous British TV program "Robot Wars".  He walked next to his sister and looked to his parents while quietly muttering a simple greeting.

"...Good morning..."

(Jake Mordetsky: Start)

"OK, now that everyone's down here, we can get down to business." Bryan told his family.  "Now, seeing as last year's camping trip did not turn out as well as everyone had hoped..."

"Hon, it took a half-hour to put the tent up." Carol interrupted.

"Yeah, it rained and it stank." Stacey added.

"...I got bit by a spider..." Jake finished.

"...Anyway..." Bryan continued, attempting to regain control of his speech, "I've decided that...maybe it's for the best if we don't go camping again this summer."

"YES!" Stacey cheered. "No sleeping in the woods!"

"Thanks, hon.  I don't think that I would've survived another trip." Carol said with a smile.

"...Okay..." Jake said quietly.

"Okay, everyone.  That's all I had to say.  you can go now."  Bryan finished his speech, feeling slightly embarassed by all the interruptions that he had to endure.

"Okay, see you later!"  Stacey practically dashed out of the door.

"I'll be at the spa if anyone needs me."  Carol walked out the door, winking to Bryan as she does so.

Jake says nothing and heads for the door.

"Jake..."  Bryan calls to him.

"Yeah, dad?"  Jake turns around, puzzled.

"Son, I want you to go out and have some fun today.  I get worried about you being alone in your room all the time.  You don't have much time left to be a kid, and I want you to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Jake looks at his father and gives a faint smile.

"OK" I will, dad."

Jake left the house, determined to take what his dad had told him to heart.  As he got to the driveway, he saw his sister pull out onto the street in her shiny new convertible.  She sneered as she looked at him.

"Sorry.  Can't drive you to school.  I'm hanging out with my friends today"  Stacey coldly told him.  She drove away and left her little brother in the dust.

Jake hung his head and walked towards town.  This was going to be a long day.

(Stacey Mordetsky continued elsewhere...)
(Jake Mordetsky continued elsewhere...)

Return to “The Neighborhood”