INTRODUCING......

Enter Claire Monaghan (One Shot)

The area that feeds into Aurora High is representative of the ethnic and economic diversity that makes Seattle so unique. The architecture is varied, illustrating the growth and expansion that the city has undergone. Turning a corner can lead you from townhouses and apartments to quiet tree-lined streets of modest single-family homes, while the next turn might lead you to areas of much higher or lower property values. The unifying sight in the area is the herds of students who trudge to and from the school daily.
Laurels

INTRODUCING......

Post by Laurels »

Buuuuuum Buuuuuum Buuuuuuum
BUM BUM
BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM
Buuuuuum Buuuuuum Buuuuuuum
BUM BUM
Bum Bum Buuuuuummm
Bum Bum Bum Bum Bum Bum
BUM BUM BUUUUUMMMM
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMM

*knock knock knock*

"Hey Claire, could you turn that down? I'm trying to study!"

"Oh, shit, sorry Jessica!"

Man, she knocked right at the cressendo. Good timing Jess.

((Claire Monaghan: Begin))

Claire quickly turned the volume of iHome down as she turned back to face her laptop. It was a typical night for her. A night spent drinking coffee, listening to her special movie music playlist, and browsing the internet. Some might think that this was a waste of time, but to Claire, this was bliss. She quickly clicked her mouse and began to check the multiple tabs she had opened on her Google Chrome window

Okay, let's see what's new on Tumblr. Oh nice, three reblogs of the screencap I took from The Double Life of Veronique. I knew there were people who really liked that image of Irene Jacob singing. Man she's pretty. Alright, someone on /tv/ just said that The Tree of Life was overrated shit. No, what's overrated shit is The Hangover. Ooh, that's a good one, I'm posting that. Okay, "noko" is in the email, so I can easily see the responses.

Claire quickly sipped her mug of lukewarm coffee as she continued to browse around the internet.

Alright, YouTube. Good, I gained new subscribers. Now I can just make it over 1000 subscribers. Hey, when I become famous, these will become a lot more popular. The early work of Claire Mona-wait, what did AmyPond'sTwinSister say? "This movie is so stupid, I can't believe who they picked to play Charlotte". Well fuck you AmyPond'sTwinSister, I thought Jeannie did a great job. Oh wait, they're probably trolling you. Damn those YouTube trolls. Why can't they troll on places that don't matter, like /v/?

Claire brushed her hair behind her ears as she continued browsing.

Oh yeah, Cinema Snob posted a new video. I didn't have time to watch it earlier. Let's see, Cannibal Ferox? What the hell is that? Well, Brad Jones never does wrong, I'm sure this will be a good review. Wait, has there been any activity on Facebook? Nope, nothing. I guess no one gets references to The Artist, but they will soon, especially after it wins the Oscar.

Suddenly, there was a knock on Claire's door. Claire quickly minimized all the windows she had up and turned her iHome off.

"Coming!"

She quickly got up out of her chair and ran over to her door, tripping on some clothes that were lying on the floor. She swung the door open, surprising her mother.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Claire, I don't want you to spend another Friday night cramped up in your room. It's not healthy."

"Mom, I keep the lights on, I sit far enough back from the screen-"

"No dear, it's the lethargy of it all that's a problem. Come on, you're going out."

"Out? Where?"

"You are going to take your sister and her friends to The Castle."

"I thought Jessica was studying tonight?"

"She was, but she's been studying for long enough that she has earned a night off. Come on Claire, you can drive Jessica and three of her friends to The Castle. You might have fun."

"Ugh, okay, I'll do it."

"Great. I'll give you some money for admittance. Come on, you might have fun. Just try to not get separated from Jessica and her friends."

"Fine, fine, beats going to Shawshank."

Claire took the money her mother offered her and headed to the car. She and Jessica entered the used Ford Taurus her parents got for her older sister when she turned sixteen. The old car had been passed down to all the Monaghan children when they got their licenses, and now it was Claire's.

"Okay Jessica, who do we have to pick up?" she asked as they got buckled in.

"Well, there's Eileen, you know where she lives, right?"

"Yeah."

"Then there's Terri and Danielle. You got this."

"Of course I do Jess. The five of us, plus our talking dog, will have a great time at the old lumber mill."

"That's not funny."

"I know, but I feel proud to have made the reference."

"Claire, I thought you liked The Castle?"

"I do, but I like to go there on my own free will, not because Mom asks me to go."

Jessica leaned back in her car seat as Claire began to drive away.

"How about this? You let us in, and then we will leave you alone. You can do whatever you want in The Castle, but you don't have to see us until closing time."

Claire smiled.

"Deal!"

"Great. Got a reference for that?"

"Presumably," said Claire as she turned onto the road where Eileen lived, "but I'm too happy to think of one."

"Awesome. Well, let's have fun tonight."

"Absolutely."

Claire pulled up in front of Eileen's house. After a few more stops, they would be at The Castle.

((Claire Monaghan continued in Set Lasers to Fun))

Return to “The Neighborhood”