Clouds Up

Popular for both its ambience and food, the Around the Clock Diner is open twenty-four hours a day to feed the hungry masses. The restored stainless steel paneled exterior and buzzing neon signs transports back to the early 1950s thanks to the retro décor. Black-and-white tile floors, red vinyl booths that line the front wall and the ends of the restaurant, white Formica tables, and a chrome trimmed counter that runs the length of the service space give off authentic diner vibes. Matt Osterhaus, chef and proprietor, takes pride in his classic diner recipes but likes to ‘class the joint up’ on weekends and evenings by offering a limited ‘gourmet diner’ menu.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Amy was glad to hear that Kam was probably cool with going in a large-ish group. Before today, she hadn't been overly invested in Prom. She'd been planning on going, but that was about it. Now though, she was really looking forward to it. It would be a lot more fun going with friends than some guy who she just said yes to because hey why not. Amy also liked the idea of eating beforehand, although she wasn't entirely sure she would be up for dancing afterwards. Ah well. Carpe diem, YOLO, all that good stuff.

Michelle looked up at the clock above the counter, and seemed to jump up slightly. Following her gaze, Amy also took a note of the time, and similarly started. Her dad was probably back by now, and expecting her to be home at a similar time.

As Amy fumbled around for her money, Michelle took her hat off of Amy's head. Amy gave a mock pout, which swiftly turned into a grin.

"Aww, no fair. How dare you take back something that's yours."

Amy returned Michelle's hug, and waved her goodbye as she made her way out of the diner. Amy finished counting up the money in her hand, staring at it for a couple of seconds. She wasn't entirely sure she knew just how much she had. Ah well. At the very least, she had enough. Look on the bright side. I might have just given someone a slightly larger tip. That's my good deed for the day!

Amy smiled, and turned to Yaz. "I need to get going too. Else my parents'll get all shouty, and no-one wants that. I'm looking forwards to Prom now, though!"

Amy dumped her small amount of cash on the table, before standing up and giving Yaz another hug.

"I'll see you around, Yaz!" Amy said, as she made her way out of the diner. It was only when she'd taken a step outside that she realised that she'd missed an opportunity to take a photo of herself wearing Michelle's hat. Amy made a slightly disgruntled noise, before smiling, shrugging, and walking off home. Maybe she could ask whether Michelle had a spare...

((Amy Bachelor continued in Sleepwalker))
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Yaz watched as Michelle left feeling better than she had done when she had first walked into the diner. She had gone from dreading prom to actually being excited about it. Yaz had a smile on her face as she finished off her drink and took out the assorted coins from her pocket; she dropped them onto the table and started to count them out. She hummed a tune to herself as she did so. She was distracted thinking about prom because she remembered that she needed to pick out a dress from the ones she'd liked. It seemed like a lot of effort but since she was going with others now she would need to make sure she looked alright.

Yaz was so lost in her own thoughts that when Amy spoke to her she jumped. Amy was smiling at her and said that she needed to go otherwise her parents would shout at her. Yaz smiled back and nodded and returned the hug that Amy gave her. She waved as Amy left the diner and went back to counting her coins. She wasn't exactly sure how much she wanted to leave as a tip. She also wondered what it would be like to go with a big group but at least Michelle said Kam would be cool with her and Amy joining them. So that mean't it wouldn't be awkward and that was always a positive.

Yaz also realised that if she went to prom she'd need shoes and to do her hair. She sighed the more she thought about it the more she had to consider and the more effort she'd have to put into prom. But at least it would be fun, she hoped. She decided to leave a generous tip before putting her headphones in and leaving the diner. With the realisation that she had to prepare much more than she realised her nerves had returned but she tried to forget about it as she made her way home.

((Yasmin Carroll continued elsewhere...))
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD

Return to “The Around the Clock Diner”