Demons Dance Alone

Open

The warehouse in the utilities compound is much smaller than its counterpart at the docks. It was used mainly for storing different items that would be needed in day to day life around the staff housing such as soaps, towels, and bed sheets. As a result of being much smaller and containing fewer items than the storage at the docks, this warehouse is much more organised and easy to navigate, although the lack of working electricity makes the lack of windows an issue at night. Many of the items are still present on shelves that run the length of the room, all clearly labelled and neatly packed. As the staff were free to come and go from the warehouse as they pleased, there is only a signing out book on a counter at the entrance to track items removed from the premises.
MethodicalSlacker

Demons Dance Alone

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

[Lili Williams continued from One Million Troops.]

How long had she spent in that library? How much time had she squandered, thrown to the wind, running from someone who wasn't even there in the direction of someone who she knew didn't care? Time slipped away into the infinite dark as Lili darted from building to building, looking for any trace of Darius that she could find. Occasionally, she would smell the scent of death around the corner, or hear a gunshot somewhere in the distance, and she'd turn right back the way she came. Whatever was actually happening, it felt as if she was being hunted, and that feeling alone was enough to send Lili into a frenzy of panic.

A panic strong enough to drown out the rain, which soaked her to the bone, making every breath taste like sea spray.

At one point, she found what seemed like a nice, quiet place to sit. Lili breathed out and sat cross legged in the corner of the room, clutching her knees tightly. She tried to float her mind into some other, calmer world, some place she'd rather be than here.

But she couldn't.

Later in the night, when the sun started to light up the sky from its place beyond the horizon, she began to sing to herself again, though it came out as more of a breathless whisper than anything. Every song lyric she found only worsened her anxiety, as she found herself completely unable to sit still.

When the speakers crackled to life once more, Lili's sense of time crumbled completely. She couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that she had been awake for 24 hours, 24 hours that saw her go back and forth across the bridge, carry a corpse, throw suitcases at a light fixture, desert her friend, and run for her life. Crumbling against the wall of a pale sun-stained building, Lili looked around at the surrounding complex. Shapes in the distance were reduced to blurry splotches of paint on an impressionist canvas, a dissonant beauty in any other circumstance but this one. A circumstance that meant that Lili actually had to use her eyes.

The rain had let up, but Lili's clothes were still drenched. She took her sweatshirt off and laid it out in the sun to dry.

Yesterday. The Danger Zone.

Lili's eyes turned upward and towards what looked like the row of buildings encircled by a fence that had been their planned body dumping ground the day before. Could Darius have moved over there? It was safe to go over to now, so Lili figured that she had no reason not to go and check it out. She picked her sweatshirt off of the grass after a few minutes, and made her way over. She had no desire to go to the radio tower again if she didn't need to - she hadn't remembered hearing Lily's name, but that didn't mean it hadn't been in there somewhere.

She remembered her hesitance outside of the warehouse two days before (thought it felt an eternity ago) and walked over, peering in through the open doors. Lili took a few hurried steps inside, eyes bouncing from wall to wall.

"Darius?" she projected, "You in there?"
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
RC†

Post by RC† »

((Darius Van Dyke continued from ONE MILLION TROOPS))

"Yup."

A smelly Darius came from the dark, to Lili. He did not know how she found him, but he was glad she did. It's better that she found him than Leslie finding him. In the night the island with such a shitty weather was a pain in the ass. Darius eventually found shelter, slept, woke up and waited for the announcements. After the announcements he finally went to the dangerzone, without a corpse.

and well, in the radio tower there was still nothing. However, when he walked through the former danger zone, he stumbled upon something very sweet.

A corpse of a mexican boy.

And guess what?

His collar was still intact.

That was all he wanted. Now he knew - collars won't be detonated when you're dead. Or, rather, when the terrorists think that you're dead.

Now he just needed to find a way to play dead. A way where he can lie in a danger zone without the terrorists blowing him up. A way to fake his death. A way to survive this bullshit.

How? He could think later about it. Now all he wanted was a drink and a smoke.

"Do you have a cigarette?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MethodicalSlacker

Lili turned around as fast as she could, almost hurting her neck in the process. There he was, in all his lack of glory, standing around with a smile on his face. He looked relatively dry.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Lili asked, pointing her finger right up at Darius' face, "And where's your 'crew' anyway? Don't tell me that I just wasted one of the last days of my life carting around a corpse so you could tell me there wasn't any point to it in the first place." She felt angrier than she knew she had any right to be. They had both left Natalie behind. They had both left all their gear behind. By this time, the hunting girl would've probably taken everything worth taking. Everything worth taking, including, probably, Natalie's life.

She was confused why she cared about Natalie all of a sudden. She hadn't felt any pangs of guilt when it came to leaving her.

Do you have a cigarette?

"If I had a cigarette, I wouldn't be half as pissed off as I am right now," she half-muttered, crossing her arms over her chest, "I...ugh."

Lili sighed.

"I spent the whole night, out in the rain, looking for you."

She raised a fist over her head and hit herself a few times.

"Stupid," She said, "Dumb, yes, I know. I haven't done much of anything worth doing these past few days. My last few days."

Did Darius want to hear any of what she had to say? Did Lili care if he did? If someone like, say, Asuka was around, she'd listen and listen, and then they'd hug it out like they did when things were normal, and everything would be alright, and they'd put on one of Lili's favorite Frank Zappa albums and Lili could go on and on and play along with her flute to each song while they laughed and felt everything was going to be alright-

"Do you want to go back to the library?" Lili blurted out, "I think we should go back to the library, right? We should. Definitely." She grabbed Darius by the wrist, her hand shaking. Her vision had gone from blurry to spotted with black. Her face was pale, and her back was crooked. Lili was on the verge of collapsing.

"Let's go," Lili said, pulling halfheartedly on his hand, "We have to...need to..."
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
RC†

Post by RC† »

Lili grabbed him and pulled him and what the fuck. She searched him. What an idiotic girl. He could just silently agree when she hit her head.

"Uhh, girl."

Fuck, what should he say?

"The Library's probably empty or so. Besides, we got a new corpse."

He pointed at the direction of Cristo with the arm that was not taken by Lili.

"We can disable his collar."

Yeah, sure. That was not the plan, but he couldn't go reveal her his plan, right? He couldn't go 'Oh, now that we know that collars don't detonate when you're dead, we can fake our deaths!' That would be dumb as hell. On the other hand, it was hard to fake one's death alone, right?

Perhaps he could kill someone and revive them without the terrorists knowing or something. Like, electrocute them and revive them via electricity. Then they might be free, if the collars are not manually deactivated but automatically.

He needed to figure out whether they are manually or automatically deactivated when someone dies.

That's it.

But first, he wanted a smoke. And a drink.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MethodicalSlacker

Lili's eyes flicked to the side. Another body, sitting out in the open, just like that. That meant that collars didn't explode on dead bodies in danger zones. Was that what Darius had been trying to find out? Even more questions arose in Lili's head, and she backed up against the wall, letting go of his hand. What was the next part of his plan?

Well, at least that wasn't the body of someone Lili knew. She'd been fortunate enough to have gone without hearing any names that struck a chord with her.

"Well, we left Natalie behind, with that crazy girl," Lili mentioned, "Oh, and all our stuff. Yeah, that's probably also important, or something. And if I was that crazy girl, and I found three free bags of stuff, well, I don't think I'd just leave them there."

Deactivate the collar? How? She got the feeling that it wasn't a good idea.

Besides, just because it was disabled to the danger zone didn't mean it was all the way off. What if they re-armed it, and one of them tripped the wire - or even worse, just got close enough - and the whole thing went up in flames? If she had the drive, she'd tell Darius all of what she just reasoned in her head.

There was no reason to.

He probably knew something she didn't, anyway. Instead, Lili turned her eyes downward, keeping her arms crossed all the while.
—The Heaven Panel—

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
RC†

Post by RC† »

"Yeah, but it's way too late now. I think that girl's already gone or so."

Darius shrugged.

"I guess Natalie is able to deal with it. I trust her."

He also crossed his arms. No, he did not trust her a bit. Even if she escaped Leslie, Nat would have no reason to not steal their stuff.

Fucking Leslie ruining his day.

"So why the fuck do you want to go back there? What stuff is important? Do you actually have cigarettes in the bags?"
MethodicalSlacker

"Forget about the cigarettes!" Lili shouted, waving her hands dramatically, "I need 'em, you need 'em, but it doesn't look like we're gonna get any, and, and that's just fine! What I'm worried about is, oh, I don't know, all the food we left behind? The water that we need to drink, y'know, to live? My other weapon? My glas-"

Lili froze up. She still wasn't wearing her glasses. During the middle of the night, while it was raining, she hadn't put them on because she knew that they'd get water droplets all over them, making it even harder than normal to see. She searched her pockets. Nothing. "Oh, fucking fan-TAS-tic!" she grumbled, "I think I lost my glasses, too. Whatever. I see better without them anyway."

She slumped down to the floor, sitting with her back against the wall. Her shoes - Su's shoes - were waterlogged. Ruined, if Lili was wearing them for any practical reason. They had also shrunk even further, the water squishing in on her feet, and Lili could feel her toes pressing out the front of the shoes.

"If we see," Lili mumbled, staring at the ground, "that girl again, I have quite a few words to say, and maybe things other than that, but mostly words."

She closed her eyes, and tried to be mindful of the world around her.
—The Heaven Panel—

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
backslash

Post by backslash »

((Raina Rose continued from Coward Mont Blanc))

One could generously say that Raina was having a bad morning.

She and Johnny had made a good move by getting well clear of the crematorium before nightfall, true - she wasn't sure how far the area's borders stretched, and they couldn't have been guaranteed to get clear before losing their heads if they had waited until the morning. Not to mention the rain, they'd managed to avoid the worst of that too. But the morning hadn't brought sunshine, and neither had the announcement.

Oh, they'd been informative all right, and for all the wrong reasons. Alessio was a killer. Someone had fiddled with the cameras and gotten blown up for it. Jasper was indeed dead by Alvaro's hand.

And it was Wayne Cox, of all names, that had set Raina sobbing.

She hadn't even realized he was on the trip. She hadn't seen him. Hadn't even spared a thought for him, wouldn't have unless they had run into each other. They didn't really know each other, after all. But she had known him a little bit, for a little while, and she had gotten an inkling that what she saw of him after the disaster that was Junko's anti-Sadie Hawkins party was something that most other people Wayne knew didn't get to see.

She could see it in her head if she tried, the endless stretch of highway in front of them, the diamond-bright skyline of Las Vegas peeling up over the horizon. The thrill of a little teenage adventure in the middle of the night with a virtual stranger, nobody knowing where they were or what they were doing. Some pseudo-romantic escapade with a boy who didn't really mean anything to her, but here she was sniffling and red-eyed because he had thrown himself off a roof.

Turned out you never really knew who was the type to give it all up after all.

Johnny wasn't helping. He'd made his ever-more cursory efforts at comfort and mostly kept quiet, which was good. What was less good was how little he seemed to care about actually getting anything done. Even though she was kind of a wreck right now, Raina still had purpose. They needed supplies, they needed allies - Penelope and Lily were still out there somewhere, and they weren't murderers - and they couldn't sit around twiddling their thumbs and wait for those things to come to them. She had said as much as they made their way to the warehouse. She didn't think it was really sinking in.

Raina didn't bother calling out to anyone inside or asking Johnny's opinion as she shoved the warehouse door open. Come at me, bro, she thought vaguely at any murderers lurking in the shadows.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
RC†

Post by RC† »

"Lili, think about it. People are dying and we have more bags with food than people alive. Rations will never be a problem."

Darius sighed. How can one be so pessimistic?

"Really, I'd agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong."

Darius hoped that they would not meet Leslie again. Because Leslie was spooky. He did not want to know what would've happened if she actually ambushed them without failing. Darius probably would be in a place where no Darius belonged.

But then, Leslie came back. She opened the door and wait that was not Leslie. It was Raina.

"Fuck off! Leave us alone."

Arrogant bitches were not good people on the island.[note]Isabel[note][note]Kimiko[note] Nor were weeaboo bitches.[note]Nancy-san-sama-otaku-chan[note] Even if Raina was not a player, Darius' group already had too many members, so there was no room for her to join the Van Dyke squad.[citation needed]
MethodicalSlacker

There was someone else here now.

Darius had been saying things, words lost in the halo of static around Lili's thoughts, but the sudden change in his tone from somewhat condescending to frighteningly angry cut right through and reached her brain. She turned and peered towards the door just as Darius started swearing, and was surprised to see not just one person, but two. Johnny was a friendly guy most of the time, but the girl he had with him seemed to elicit such a strong response from Darius that Lili felt she was justified in raising her guard as she stood up from behind the wall.

There wasn't any need to piss anyone else off today. Lili waved at the two, trying to force a smile.

"Hey," she said, putting her hand on her light saber just in case things went awry. She didn't really have anything else to offer when it came to defusing the situation. All she needed to be was ready to bolt if things went south. Fuck Darius and his plans for whatever-the-hell-it-was-he-wanted-to-do, those could wait until Lili secured their stuff.

Unless Johnny and blue-hair decided they wanted to block the door. Then, they'd have issues. Issues that a toy sword probably wouldn't solve.
—The Heaven Panel—

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
backslash

Post by backslash »

Oh. Great.

Darius, maybe surprisingly, wasn't a killer. But he was a jerk and Raina basically hated him as much as she could hate anyone, him getting all up in her space with his weird creepy self being the main reason that Junko's party had been a mess for her in the first place. That said, she wasn't looking for a fight.

She wasn't going to fuck off either, though. She was going to fuck right on as much as she pleased, because Darius didn't own the damn warehouse and he didn't appear to be armed, and Lili - not the Lily Raina was looking for, sadly - didn't look aggressive either.

"We don't want anything to do with you, Darius," she said flatly. "We're just looking around." She stepped in and made a beeline for the shelf furthest away from Darius, pointedly ignoring anything else he might have to say.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
RC†

Post by RC† »

There was a line between confident and arrogant. Raina crossed the line. God, what kind of person is she?

"You just look around, huh? Here's absolutely nothing."

He looked closely at Raina and her ugly blue hair and blue-grey outfit. What an otaku.

"Also what the fuck are you wearing, Hatsune? Did Jesus die for these sins as well?"

He pointed his index and middle finger at her as if it was a gun.

"You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Anything you say may be used against you. But give us your damn rations and cigarettes."

He squeezed his fingers.

"pew."

Improvisation. He had no idea what the fuck he should do. That must look really fucking crazy on the camera.

He looked up. The camera. Oh wait. How the fuck can a camera work without electricity? How can a loudspeaker work without electricity?

Hm.

Heh.

Electricity is nice to have. Perhaps to kill someone, perhaps to disable the collars. Who knew.

Still, Raina and Johnny were not good for his plan. He pointed his finger gun at the camera. "You're next."

Then, he turned his head to Cristo.

"What're you looking at? Pointing guns at terrorists and girls entering my door. This is a typical saturday for me."
MethodicalSlacker

"Pew"

Like a bullet through her brain came the realization that hanging around Darius wasn't all too smart of an idea. Talking to corpses, shouting at people, and pointing finger guns everywhere were not signs of stable mental conditions, last time Lili checked. Sure, Lili had some weird dreams and thoughts over the past few days, but it didn't go any farther than throwing briefcases at light fixtures. Darius looked like he was on the verge of actually losing his mind.

She felt like maybe she should say something to him to snap him out of his funk. Something poetic and weird but funny enough to get him in a good mood. Maybe then he'd stop swearing at everything, right?

But then her thoughts turned inward. She had wasted a night in the rain looking for Darius, spent 24 hours with him, even left her friends to go to the asylum and eventually run into him (a bit of a stretch on that front as far as blame went but still), so why grace him with her presence any longer in his final days?

Is that what this was really about? Was Darius unworthy of being around her?

No, not entirely. She was just feeling pretty annoyed with him at the moment.

"You can cut that out now," Lili said, walking out toward the door. She turned and looked at Darius, putting on a sad looking face that she hoped might do...something to change him.

No point. He's lame, and dumb, and deaf and blind. I didn't even know him before yesterday, so why'd I get so attached?

Lili looked at Hatsune, as Darius had called her. She wasn't being mean at all; in fact, if Darius wasn't there, Lili probably would've struck up a conversation with her. Hell, there wasn't even a point to letting Darius stop her from doing anything anymore. He probably didn't even have a group or anything, seeing as they hadn't found one associate of his in the past day.

He was a big phony. A phony that made her remember someone who was anything but.

"Don't popular people, plastic people, don't they just annoy you too?"

They'd both been faking, this past day. Now, it was time to face the music.

"I know where there's some stuff," Lili said, turning to Hatsune, "We can share it. Should be enough goods to go around."
—The Heaven Panel—

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
RC†

Post by RC† »

This is what Darius was talking about. This. Fucking. Shit.

'Cut. That. Now.'

Lili coorperated with Raina. Fucking hell. There was nobody here he could trust.

"Fine. Then go ahead and do your own escape group. With blackjack and hookers."

Good fucking luck, Hatsune and chinese smoker girl and stoner fucking Johnny.

"I need to piss."

Darius out.

((Darius Van Dyke. Ragequit.))
frogue†

Post by frogue† »

For the most part Johnny had kept his thoughts to himself, as they'd made their way across the island.

Johnny often kept his thoughts to himself, and he was good at it, too. It was a skill he'd learned how to as a child -  one of the few things his father'd ever really taught him - and the habit had stuck. Habits did that, Johnny reflected, as he lit a cigarette, his lighter sputtering. Louis McKay Sr. had had himself a habit of putting down anything and everything that came out of his son's mouth, and it hadn't taken young Johnny long to discover that life was easier and less painful if said mouth simply remained closed, which of course suited him just fine.

People, Johnny had found, tended to look at you when you spoke up, and even at a young age he'd been aware  that people didn't tend to look at him all too fondly. There was unkindness in people's eyes, he'd found, and if his feelings remained his own those eyes tended to look in directions other than his. This was a fear he'd since shed, and now with the obvious exceptions of the cops and the guy behind the counter at the convenience store, Johnny couldn't really care less about who was looking at him. Still, he kept the practice of silence.

If Johnny was pushed for an answer as to why he kept his own counsel, he might well have said that he tended not to share his notions for the simple fact that he doubted anyone had any interest in hearing them, and in that supposition he may well not have been wrong. Certainly now, he doubted what he was thinking would've done Raina any portion of good, and that was because what he was thinking was this:

As cruel an occurrence as it might have been, and despite how sorry he felt for her, it had be noted that Raina was an ugly crier and that Wayne'd always been a dickhole who'd thought he was better than everyone else, and frankly wasn't worth the tears she was shedding. The well of his sympathy, he believed, was probably pretty fucking close to drying up, and the number of different ways he could say "I'm sorry, this is awful, oh no" was near about at its goddamn limit. They were all stuck here, they were all gonna die, it was all very sad and Johnny didn't really want to spend his last minutes on this earth wailing about it.

What he wanted even less, of course, was to spend those minutes with Ray screaming at him, and so these thoughts and all others stayed sealed away, locked inside a little box in his brain labeled "open only in event of tantrum".

As far as deals went it wasn't such a big one - certainly of less import than the aforementioned inevitable demise that all of them were looking at - since Johnny'd perfected the art of silent contemplation a long time ago. Nine kids out of ten at Cochise'd been cunts of one stripe or another as far as he was concerned, and he wouldn't have gotten all that far if he hadn't been able to keep his feelings on them to himself. So what if Raina'd gotten a little whiny, so what? She'd get over it, or she wouldn't.

Didn't make much of a difference in the long run, really.

For her part and to her credit, she seemed pretty content with Johnny's lack of participation. She'd stopped asking him for his input which was smart, since as far as plans went he had sweet fuck all to offer. Wander around with someone pretty and hope that when it was his time to go he didn't go too painful, that was how Johnny'd figured he'd play it, and honestly? It wasn't going all that bad.

That was, until they'd entered he warehouse. Looking back, this was where it all really started to go bad.

He'd stood, still and staring, watching Raina talk and Lili squirm and Darius leave, and tried to shake what he was feeling. He'd ridden a bike along the edge of trailer as a kid on a dare. He'd looked down, just for a second, and seen dogs, wild and hungry, barking up at him. He'd felt then what he felt now - that one wrong foot, one misstep or slip would be all it would take for things to get very, very bad, very quickly.

Johnny didn't want it getting bad just yet, not right away. He had so little time left, after all, and surely he deserved at least a little bit of it to be happy? Just a little?

Everyone, Johnny thought, deserved a little bit of happiness.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler frogue. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Warehouse”