Mary Jane's Sanctum

a.k.a. The men's room (Open, but please PM before entering)

This is for the dance itself! Aurora's Prom takes place at a large event center about four miles from Aurora High rented by the school specifically for the night, on Saturday, May 19, 2012. The theme is Moonlight Serenade. As Prom is a large event in an enclosed space, making privacy somewhat difficult to attain, NO PRIVATE THREADS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM. This forum can cover anything from the arrival at the dance to when students leave.
Delroy†

Post by Delroy† »

((GMing has been approved, co-written with Medic))

Travis was steaming. What the fuck had Joe done!? That fucking asshole! He had just... thrown all of Trav's drugs in the trash! But Trav barely even thought about the lost money, or the kid he had just accidentally drugged. A fire was burning inside Travis Webster. Joe could do most things without insulting him, or making him angry. But that had been over the line.

"... The fuck do you think you're doing?"

Trav's gaze was fixed on Joe. He was silent now, filled up with what he perceived as righteous fury. He wanted to demonstrate to Joe that some things are just... too much. But not right now, no. Now he was just... silent.
And then, right when he was about to hold a long, angry monologue (mostly consisting of swears), he heard a girl's voice.

Suddenly, it all shrank. The righteous anger, the monologue, the silent gaze... It all fell flat the second Sophie McDowell decided to utter a few words through the door to the seemingly normal men's restroom. It was all replaced by... shock? Maybe even fear.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. If the chaperones show up, we are fucking FUCKED. And that means no trip! Nonono... This can't happen...

Clearly, his face was betraying his emotions about the matter, because Joe made an odd flaily motion that gave a 'yeah, you see the problem?' message before pushing him into one of the stalls.

"Joe, what the fu--", he complained.

"Everyone... everyone knows you're... y'know..." Joe made a motion like he was smoking, then pointed at the stall. "Stay."

Joe did have a point. If the girl outside knew anything about Travis, and then saw Dave in his current state, well... Even 'Sasquatch' McCormick could put those two together and get the correct answer out of it. Irritated, but understanding the situation, Travis Webster hid himself inside the stall and waited.

Joe hopped from foot to foot for a moment, thinking, before tugging on Dave's sleeve and mumbling, "Say you're... you're fuh... feeling sick. But nuh... not food poisoning suh... sick, might cuh... cause prom problems. I... I can follow you and muh... make sure you're fine."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Delroy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slam

Post by Slam »

"I but, what, drugs, no, I – what?  I dunno!" Dave stammered at Joe, clutching his face in fear at his own confusion as the Mary Jane continued snaking its way through his body. "I mean, drugs, I, know, I don't, not drugs, but I just ate drugs and oh my god!"

Sophie's arrival had been unexpected, but the whereabouts of Dave's back-up date hadn't been at the front of his mind before and they certainly weren't now. Whilst he would pride himself on being a good date were he sober, as it stood recognising her voice through the clouds of panic was enough of a task to keep him occupied.

"Sophie? I- is it really you?" he called back out the door between the hands that gripped his face, only for Joe to suddenly grab him by the sleeve. Fortunately for Joe and Travis' wishes to cover their own respective asses, Dave's inebriated brain picked up on all the right words.

"What? But, I mean, I don't feel right, I didn't feel right earlier, and now I don't feel right, and Sophie something's wrong with me and I really don't know what." He continued stammering, his voice getting shriller as the words kept picking up pace and beads of sweat ran down his face, the air going out of his mouth starting to overtake the air going into his lungs.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

This could not be worse. Well, it could. They could have been caught. But they were on the threshold of getting caught.

But the drugged brownies were hidden. Travis was hidden, albeit... not that well. But that still left a drugged, panicking classmate and a girl outside looking for him. And it seemed like... Dave? Dave, the girl had said, and there was no-one else but him and Travis in the bathroom... was on the verge of a panic attack, if not already there.

The only comfort was Joe knew how to deal with that. It came up in his pursuit of medical knowledge, especially since he was prone to extreme anxiety.

But he couldn't help Dave with the lingering threat of being immediately discovered. Not only would that freak out Dave more, but Joe was getting pretty darn scared himself.

"Dave, take... take deep breaths and count them as you do. It will be okay," Joe said quietly, before heading for the bathroom door. He didn't want to leave Dave alone... or worse, with Travis, who was just terrible at this kind of thing... but it would be for just a moment. And it was easier to speak to him, because he was just reciting steps of dealing with panic. Basic stuff.

Joe slipped out the door to face the girl. He didn't know her name. And he couldn't guess from the shoes because it was prom night and she wouldn't be wearing her usual shoes.

"Uhh... um..." Joe fumbled for a moment, then shut his eyes and looked downwards. "Dah... Dave isn't feeling well and... and is on the... the edge of panic, and it would... would be bad for him to leave the bathroom un... until he's cuh... cuh... calm because... all the people. I think... he needs to... to go home, but... he needs... needs a few minutes to calm down. If... if you... you need to look after... you can... can... meet... meet us outside. Soon. I, uh... I know... how to... how to calm him down. If... if you want to stay at pruh... prom, I can take him back. But attention would... make it worse."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Sophie listened outside the bathroom. Dave sounded a bit surprised that she would be there. Sophie raised an eyebrow. What was going on in there?

Suddenly, the door was opened, and Sophie was face to face with some boy. Well, almost. The boy hung his head low and began to talk. He was saying something about Dave not feeling well. Sophie llistened as the boy, who she remembered was named Joe, offered to take Dave home, but after calming Dave down a bit.

"Oh my," Sophie said in response to everything.

Joe suggested that she meet them outside and they could take him home together, unless Sophie wanted to stay at Prom.

"No, I better go with you. Dave's my friend and my date, so I'm responsible for him. I'll go get my stuff and his stuff. I'll be quick.

Sophie turned away from the bathroom door and shuffled off, trying not to run too fast in her heels. She needed to get her coat and bag, as well as Dave's coat, before they could leave.

Oh man, I wonder what could have happened to Dave? Was it something from dinner? Or maybe from the buffet? Oh man, this isn't good. Not good at all."
Delroy†

Post by Delroy† »

Meanwhile, in the stall, Travis was incredibly bored. He'd sat down on the toilet, leaning back as far as he could whilst putting his feet against the wall in the closest thing to a relaxing pose he could manage.

Dave had started talking to the girl outside, following the orders of Joe. Wasn't feeling well. What total bullshit. The boy should feel amazing right now. Trav was, quite frankly, jealous. Joe had thrown away his brownies before he'd been able to eat any. And now they were out there, in the trash, being wasted. Well, at least they were wrapped in a plastic bag, he supposed.

Joe had exited the bathroom, and was talking to the girl. It was only him and the other kid in the bathroom right now.

"Hey, Dave, was it?", Trav uttered from his enclosed bathroom stall, letting out a deep sigh. Being stuck in there waiting for things to finish was rather dull, as was his current company. If only he'd had a bite or two of those brownies.

"Don't worry about it too much, dude. You'll be sober in a few hours. Just try to enjoy yourself, and it'll be over before you know it."

He started whistling to himself, well aware of the ruckus outside. The girl was leaving. Joe was managing the situation pretty well, apparently. Travis was actually slightly impressed.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Delroy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Dave stared at himself in the mirror as he kept repeating Joe's words over in his head, clutching the sink so hard that his fingers were starting to turn red. In and out, in and out: that's how he'd been told to breathe and that's what he was trying to do. It was hard to keep it slow, the difficulty controlling his own breathing doing nothing to ease his addled mind, but, out of sheer fear of doing anything else, he pooled all his concentration into managing his lungs.

His eyes that were noticeably bloodshot by that point, combined with his intensely pale face, certainly didn't make him look well. He looked rather ghoulish, even. The fact that he had still taken drugs that were probably going to wreck him, however, still took his mind off of his unsightly looks, only keeping himself from running out of the bathroom screaming through his single focus on doing what Joe had told him. It was as if, were he to stop doing what he'd been told, his breathing would stop forever and that would be the end of Dave Russell.

His hands gripped the porcelain sink harder.

When Travis spoke from inside the stall, he didn't want to listen. He didn't want anything in the entire world to distract him at that moment, less he stop worrying about his breathing and choke to death on the bathroom floor. Had Travis left his words at just trying to relax, they might've helped as Joe's had done, but the notion that he could enjoy himself at the moment was down and out crazy.

He started to laugh behind his harsh breathing. It wasn't a pleasurable laugh, nothing would've made him enjoy himself at that exact moment, but one of pained disbelief. He wanted to say something back at Travis, just tell him to leave him alone and let him breathe because he really had to keep breathing or he'd die, but the laughter kept going on, constantly trying to take over his breathing and then kill him off.

He looked back at the terrified guy in the mirror, the one who really didn't want to die just because he'd eaten some bad brownies.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Joe breathed a sigh of relief as the girl left without any fuss. Well, that's one thing that was going his way that night. Now he just needed to get Dave out of prom before he lost what little calm he had going.

Travis was not helping. Joe could hear him saying to just enjoy it. Darn it, Trav, that is not the way to deal with this sort of thing.

Joe slipped back into the bathroom and tapped lightly on the cubicle Travis was in. "She's gone. And stop being stupid. Trips are only fun if you wanted one to start off with," he said quietly. "Stop being..." A jackass? "...insensitive." Joe said it in a tone that still sounded like the word 'jackass,' however.

He returned to Dave, who still looked terrified. But he was breathing. That was alright.

"Uhhm. Um, that's good. And... and I know... that it feels scary. Buh... but it will be okay. Just... I think, as soon as possible, we should get you out of prom. Then... then we can get you home. Or you... you can sit down until it... it wears off?" Joe knew he sure wouldn't want to go home in the middle of a bad trip. "Once you think you... you can manage it, I will help you leave. Just keep breathing until then, okay? And remember to count them."

The words were coming out easier tonight, despite how stressful this situation was. Joe supposed some of the medical knowledge had rubbed off on him. It was easy to recite what he'd read, so he wasn't fumbling in the dark like he was during normal conversations. Maybe medical school wasn't such a doomed prospect. One step at a time. At least Dave wasn't bleeding or anything. That'd be terrible.

While still standing next to Dave, Joe added to Travis without looking to see if he'd emerged from the stall, "You can... you can go. I... you're not... um, you have a... a date, right? She's probably wondering... where..." Joe trailed off. He wanted to tell him off. To ask what on earth he was thinking, bringing pot brownies and handing them out like... like regular brownies. And how being all trivial about a panic attack just made it worse. Honestly, he kind of wanted to slap Travis across the face. ...Not hard, just a little. But he wouldn't.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Okay, coat: check. Dave's coat: check. Clutch: check. Alright, I think that's everything. Dave probably has his keys with him still. Okay, this should be good.

Sophie was back in the ballroom, checking to make sure she had everything that belonged to her and Dave. Now that she was certain, she made her way out of the ballroom and back towards the bathroom, keeping the coats folded over her arm and her clutch in her left hand. If Dave wasn't feeling well, she was sure the guy in the bathroom could keep watch on him until Dave was ready to go. She simply stood a few paces away from the bathroom and leaned against the wall.

Man, what could be wrong with him? I hope it wasn't because of the restaurant.

Sophie sighed.

Well, our parents got to take pict not like we needed tures of us, so that should be fine. I probably wasn't going to win Prom Queen anyways. It'so stay here too long.

Sophie began to tap her foot on the ground. She hoped Dave was okay.
Delroy†

Post by Delroy† »

Travis chuckled as he emerged from his stall. He was being insensitive, huh?

Well, Joe had told him he could leave, and he really didn't mind it. If the teachers got here, he wanted to be far away from the scene of the crime, and hopefully with all the evidence gone with him. And Joe was right; Stace was probably starting to wonder what he was doing in the bathroom for so long. He peered at Joe, and then at Dave, and let out an audible sigh. Alright, guess the situation was under control.

Then, slowly, as Joe was apparently focused on the other boy, Travis walked over to the trashcan, carefully fishing up the brownies without touching any of the other junk in there. He didn't want his hands to reek of garbage when he went to face his date, after all. He quickly put the brownies back into his jacket's inside-pocket where they were nigh impossible to spot, and smiled. All in all, this hadn't gone as bad as it could have. If he got out of here now, the teachers would have no cause to search him, and he'd be fine.

"Right you are, dude! I do have a girl out there waiting for me, so, if you don't mind..."

Before he could hear a response, he had exited the bathroom. He let himself have a peek at the girl he guessed was the one who had interrupted them. She was a blonde girl, with curly hair, who was holding a couple of coats. It had to be her. He quickly looked over her features. Nice eyes, and a pretty decent body. Nobody he knew. Some other night, he might have gone up and flirted with her. But not tonight. Tonight he already had a gorgeous, if a little bit boring, date waiting for him. He locked eyes with her and gave her a rather wolfish grin as he headed off to find his date.

He began to whistle. Everything was going to be fine.

(( Travis Webster continued elsewhere... ))
Slam

Post by Slam »

Joe was talking to him again. Considering it was his advice that was stopping his lungs from imploding due to a lack of oxygen, Dave hung on his words as if they were from the gospel itself. It was still hard to pay attention, given the fact that he was still screaming inside about dying because he took one too many breaths, but he wasn't about to ignore the only person that was actually saying anything reassuring at that moment.

"Home? No, not home. No no no, can't, not there, parents – " His parents weren't going to listen to him, or help him stop freaking out and dying. They never did, they always just humoured him or said not now, instead of actually listening to what he had to say and how he needed their help.

Why he was thinking that way about his own parents, his own mom and dad, that was almost as scary as the pot brownie induced trip. However, his mind was still too busy searching for something, anything, that he could go to for help to care.

"Not home, not to my parents, gotta go to somewhere else – Grandparents. Grandparents, I want to go to my grandparents." He was clutching his face again, his eyes tearing up freely now but his breath beginning to ease up. Despite both of them living closer to the hotel than his own parents, Dave hadn't wanted to bother them by showing up late. However, the fact remained that his grandparents always listened and would no doubt help Dave to not die.

As much as he didn't want to be a pain, he was too terrified to think of anything besides what could help. As nice as Joe was acting, he was still a stranger in the eyes of a drug addled mind. Sophie was a good friend, but not good enough. There were only two people left in the world he wanted to see right now, whether it meant knocking on their door in the middle of the night or not.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Joe mostly ignored Travis as he left. Best friend he may have been, but this had just been too much of a clustermuck for Joe to readily forgive Travis for it, especially since he was just brushing everything off and acting like getting another guy high without telling him was no big deal. Joe felt a sudden compulsion to go out there and tell the chaperones that Travis had given Dave the brownies, and watch him deal with it and learn some freaking responsibility for once in his life.

But he didn't. He wouldn't.

Joe nodded when Dave said he wanted to see his grandparents. Joe had only met his own grandparents once, since they still lived in Chile, but he knew that parents weren't the greatest for this sort of thing, sometimes. If he'd been in Dave's position, he much rather would have run to his aunt than his parents.

"Th... that's fine. We... we can go when... whenever you are ready. We... we will have to to go through the main prom, but we... we can stick to the edges and... and we'll ah... avoid most puh... people. Just... just keep breathing, counting, close your eyes if it helps... and I'll... I'll get you out of prom and... and help you get to yuh... your grandparents."

Granted, Joe wasn't exactly sure how. He was probably the only person who came to prom on bicycle. But there'd be a way. A taxi would work if there was no other option.

"When you're... you're ready. But... you can take your... your time."

Joe knew he had to say that, and that moving Dave before he was ready was a recipe for disaster. But it wasn't something Joe really felt, because he was still afraid that they'd be caught, and if they were caught... well, he just couldn't rat out Travis. He didn't want to get the guy arrested or anything. Even if it would probably do him some good.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Joe's stuttering was somehow both strangely calming and really annoying.

It was easy to concentrate on what he was saying, in spite of his mind running around in circles, still dreading the moment when his lungs would stop working and he'd fall over dead. On the other hand, what Joe was saying was what was keeping him alive; Dave really wished that he would hurry up and tell him what he needed to do next to stave off death for a little longer.

Never the less, his breathing had eased. The fact that drugs were working their way through him still sat at the front of his mind, but as far as he knew, he wasn't dead yet and as long as Joe was there he could keep it that way. That was all he needed to remember to keep going.

He stared back at himself in the mirror for a good while. He still looked dead, but he knew that he was still alive. How his grandparents could help him, he hadn't a clue, but it was better than standing here in the bathroom and freaking out without anyone to help but the total stranger. As much as he wanted to stare at his reflection forever, never taking his eyes off of the drug addled zombie looking back at him, the risk that his lungs might stop working and no-one would be around to help him prevented it.

He clutched his face one more time, pressing his bloodshot eyes for no particular reason. "Okay, I'm ready." He whispered, mind still on the poison that was sitting in his gut. There wasn't any time to waste.

With his hands still pressed around his face, he turned to where he remembered Joe's voice coming from, nodding at him, putting his fate in Joe's hands.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

((Permission from Slamexo to move Dave out with this post as well.))

Joe nodded again. "Okay. We'll... we'll go around the edges, there wuh... will be less people there. Easier." Joe pushed open the bathroom door, looking back to make sure Dave was following. It would be a waste if, after all this, he accidentally left Dave in the bathroom.

Looking at the floor, he spotted the shoes of the girl that'd been lingering around the bathroom and looking for Dave. Joe tried looking up at her, but he had trouble and settled for feet.

"Gotta... outside. Grandparents. Keep... keep an eye on... on him. Don't, um... no panic, just... make sure he keeps breathing."

Joe jerked his head towards the exit before treading slowly in that direction, skirting around the edges of the room and looking back regularly to make sure the other two were following. He didn't look around for Travis. Jerk could be drowning in a punch bowl, for all Joe cared at the moment. (Okay, that was a little rough. Joe would just be grumpy towards him for a few days, most likely. He had problems with being angry at the few friends he had, and Travis was the first friend he ever made.)

He also didn't look for Marcus. Marcus might wonder where he'd gone, but that couldn't be helped. He'd forget all about Joe in a couple of minutes, and probably enjoy the night a lot more than if Joe had been floating around behind him, making painfully awkward conversation. Didn't matter that Joe was running off, there were good reasons and it wasn't like he was ditching on anything important, like if they'd gone there together or--

Yeah, was better this way.

((Joe Carrasco and Dave Russell continued in Coming Down.))
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Sophie rested her head against the wall. Whatever was wrong with Dave was taking a bit for him to come out of the bathroom. She wondered if he was vomiting in there. One boy came out of the bathroom, but from how he walked away whistling, she knew he wasn't the guy inside helping Dave.

Wait, if that guy was in the bathroom with Dave, wouldn't he have seen what was going on? Or wait, he could have gone in while I was getting the coats. Man, this is driving me nuts.

Finally, the door opened. Sophie turned and saw Dave being walked out with the help of some guy. Sophie recognized the boy as Joe Carrasco. He didn't look like he was willing to look her in the eyes though.

Eh, he's probably focused on Dave. We better go.

Sophie began to walk alongside Dave and Joe. Joe told her they were going to Dave's grandparent's home and to keep him calm.

Oh man, did he have a panic attack? Is he prone to those?

Sophie followed Dave and Joe out of the prom hall. She tried to keep a hand on Dave's shoulder.

"It's going to be fine, Dave," she said. "It's going to be fine."

((Sophie McDowell continued in Coming Down))

Return to “Prom”