The Calm before the Storm

Here is where any preparations, last second date-seeking, or other stuff of that sort can take place. This forum covers events directly related to Prom from two days before the dance until the start of the dance itself.
Emprexx Plush

The Calm before the Storm

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Adjust tie, smile into the mirror, repeat until satisfied. Every few minutes he fell into this pattern. It was a good way to keep his nerves under control.

Garrett usually wasn't that into dances. He went as an excuse to wear one of the suits he and Matthew spent so many Saturday afternoons picking out, but he attended alone and observed out of social interest. Tonight would be very different, though.

Adjust, smile, repeat.

Bella had asked him to go with her. To say that he was surprised would be a charitable understatement. He had been toying with the idea of just skipping prom all together and working on his amateur theory-crafting using Alexander's notes. That was out of the question now, though.

Adjust, smile, repeat.

He was glad to be going with her. In many ways, he expected that it would be a great night. He enjoyed spending time with her and his father had given him a competent enough crash course in dancing over the years that he shouldn't do anything too embarrassing. Still, he was nervous. He had to be. The nerves kept him sharp. As long as he recognized them and compensated for his fears rather than allowing them to grow, everything would be fine.

Adjust, smile, repeat.

As his hand moved back to the wheel, he thought fondly of how proud Alexander might have been. He was following the methods they'd spent years refining. More than that, he was testing them against previously terrifying situations. Prolonged one on one contact would have terrified the old Garrett, and the idea of taking a date to a dance would have sent him running. Yet here he was, driving his 1995 Viper to meet her.

Adjust, smile, repeat.

It was appropriate that he was driving Alexander's old car tonight. He rarely took the Viper out, even though it was technically his car now, because he was afraid to damage it. This was a special night, though. He wanted it to be memorable. Besides, he intended to leave his driving gloves in the glove compartment once he got to Bella's. He wanted some reminder of Alexander to carry him through the night. He wouldn't be here without him.

Adjust, smile, repeat.

He took a deep breath as he pulled up at Bella's house. After storing the gloves, he checked his white tuxedo in the mirror one last time. Matthew had spent hours with him going over their collection before finally settling on this particular outfit and grooming it to perfection. That small memory helped ease his nerves. Everything was going his way, for once.

Adjust, smile, repeat.

He knocked on the door sharply and waited.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Sansa

Post by Sansa »

"Darling, you look ravishing."

"Really, mother?"

"Of course! You look just as any girl should look on her Prom night...absolutely gorgeous."

"You're not just saying that, are you?"

"Of course not, Mirabella. Now...let's see...he'll be here soon, yes?"

"In around five minutes, I should think. He's always been prompt."

"Right. Well, let's just go to the living room and wait."

Avis helped Bella descend the stool atop which she'd been standing for a good half hour, before shuffling out of the bathroom and into the adjoining bedroom. Mirabella surveyed her reflection in the nearby mirror. While she had never been a stranger to the world of fashion (having a mother who was obsessed with French designers would do that to you), she thought that tonight was the most fashionable she'd ever been. She and her mother had spent hours in the en suite that was connected to her parents' bedroom making sure she was adequately prepared for the dance tonight. Avis had been left with an ever-mounting concern that her daughter didn't intend to go to Prom, and when Bella had informed her that she'd asked Garrett to attend with her, her mother had almost fainted in relief.

Bella's hair was curled, her mocha coloured locks falling down to her mid-back in thick ringlets. Around her neck there was an emerald pendant secured with black velvet, and her ears were adorned with a pair of diamond earrings. Her silken dress was peacock blue, and embroidered with lines of ivory satin. The gown was sleeveless, the top baring her shoulders and an ample amount of her chest before exploding into three layers of frilled samite. The bodice of was tightly-laced and slashed in front to her mid-stomach; the V-shape that was left had been covered with a length of dark orange lace. The waist was accentuated with a thick bow the same fabric and colour of her dress. Her shoes were a new pair, bought especially for the occasion; a pair of soft lilac slippers that clung to her feet, with merely a kitten-heel on each. She knew that Garrett wasn't too much taller than her, and didn't want to make him feel dwarfed by the higher heels that her mother had suggested.

Sighing in relief at the fact that she didn't look too bizarre (although the amount of cleavage the dress showed was a little concerning), Mirabella followed her mother into the living room, holding her skirts up so as not to drag them across the floor. She found her parents sitting on one of the leatherette couches that populated the living room, a camera in her father's hand.

"Pictures time, Mirabella!" He grinned, levelling the camera at her face.

"Oh, daddy. Can't we wait until Garrett gets here?"

"Well, I guess we can, but you'll be gallivanting off straight away, won't you? I want to ensure that I've got a few pictures of you before we send you on your way. Come now, Bella..."

"Oh, alright..." Mirabella clutched her hands around her waist and grinned, finding it hard to giggle at what was currently transpiring. A week ago the thought of attending Prom had barely entered her mind, but now here she was, her father snapping (probably poor-quality - he'd never had too much skill with a camera) pictures of her as she awaited the arrival of her date.

She recalled how she'd asked him, almost on a whim.

Bella had gone out for a walk in Centennial Park to try and get some writing ideas. After an hour of patrolling the area she retired to one of the pavilions that was peppered throughout the park, hoping that inspiration might be found there. When no ideas arrived, Mirabella was left with two hours to spare before her father would come to pick her up from work. Oh, I'm always too enthusiastic about these things...three hours in the park looking for story ideas...not my brightest moment.

Not wanting to have to spend the wait alone, Bella absent-mindedly sent a text to a few of her contacts, hoping that at least one of them might be able to come at such short notice. Only one had replied: Garrett.

Ooh, this should be good. I wonder if Garrett has a date for Prom yet. It's all anybody at school is talking about. Wait, why am I thinking about Garrett's Prom date? It doesn't concern me. Still...it couldn't hurt to ask, I guess.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

A familiar buzzing had broken Garrett's meditation. He recognized the number immediately and smiled before firing back a quick reply. He wasn't accomplishing anything particularly useful with today's meditation. His thoughts kept straying to...well, their destination was unimportant. Spending some time with Bella would be a welcome distraction, and the park was as peaceful a spot as you could ask for. "Sure, I'd enjoy break from my work. I'll be there in five."

As he walked, his thoughts idly drifted towards the upcoming prom. Does she have a date, I wonder? He shook his head and chuckled at the preposterous question. Of course she did. He'd probably notice it at some point if he decided to attend. It'd be difficult to miss her, he was sure that between her and her mother she'd come up with a stunning outfit. She'd be somewhere at the center of the mix, dancing away...with someone else. That image made him vaguely uncomfortable.

Perhaps he'd skip prom to work on Alexander's fractured musings towards the nature of poverty. They didn't need another wallflower, after all.

He spotted her standing by a bench and waved as he approached. She looked to be a bit lost in thought. "Hello, Bella! It's gorgeous out here today, isn't it?"
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Sansa

Post by Sansa »

"Sure, I'd enjoy break from my work. I'll be there in five."

Bella was reading over the text message again when she heard nearby footsteps, followed by the familiar and comforting sound that was Garrett's voice. She noticed how odd she must've looked, standing by herself in her outfit which was, in hindsight, not the best choice to wear to the park. She grinned as the boy approached, and sat down upon the nearby bench.

"Hi Garrett! I'm glad you could come. I hope I didn't interrupt anything important. Are you well? Oh, and yes...'tis quite a lovely day out here. I thought I'd try and get some inspiration for a story or something. No luck as of yet, though - my writer's block is worse than I thought."

She smiled, and motioned towards the spare space on the bench.

"Come, have a seat."
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Garrett nodded as he accepted her invitation to sit. He turned to her and smiled. It really was a magnificent day, with blue skies and a friendly but not overbearing amount of sunshine. This was much better than being squirreled away in his study.

"Happy to be here, Bella! Perish the thought, no dusty tome could be more important than enjoying this whether, especially with such pleasant company. Oh, well enough. I know exactly what you mean, I've been trying to collect a concept of Alexander's that he never really finished, and fleshing out the missing pieces is really maddening. Writer's block is a dreadful thing."

He shifted slightly in his seat and sighed. "But, that's the burden of writing, isn't it? What sort of piece have you been working on lately?"
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Sansa

Post by Sansa »

"Pleasant company"...there he goes with the compliments. He's always so sweet, but never...falsely so. It's so nice... Bella placed her cellphone back into her pocket and shifted slightly towards Garrett as he sat down, hoping that he wouldn't mind her closing of the proximity between them. She turned towards Garrett and smiled at him as he mentioned his own writing.

"Oh, well, good luck with it. From what you've told me he's left you with quite a few sage pieces. I'm sure that whatever you end up making of them will be excellent, really."

"As for me...at the moment I'm thinking of writing a few short stories. When it comes to lengthier pieces I always end up with a hundred pages worth of planning before I get to writing the actual story, and by then I've lost any drive to complete it. So, for the moment at least, it's short stories. As for what they're about...well, I haven't really come up with something yet. I was thinking of writing a character piece of sorts - probably about teenagers. I've always found it difficult to get into the mindset of someone who isn't my own age. Then again...I've never been the usual example of someone my own age. That's probably why ninety percent of my characters are bookish swimmers."

"Anyway, is there anything exciting going on with you at the moment? I mean, all anybody's going on about at school is Prom..."

Oh, now I've done it. I've dropped the subject in there, and I can't just try and avoid it, because then it'll seem suspicious...okay, what do I do? I mean, I haven't got a date for it yet. Does Garrett? Why do I care?

Bella took a deep breath, and clasped her hands together. Best to appear calm, even if her mind was from it. Was Garrett the Prom type? He seemed to enjoy his menswear, so that might be a positive sign. A positive sign? Or was she just clutching at straws. And then, on the other hand, Prom was almost always so detrimental to everything...feelings came out, couples broke up, friendships dissolved...Garrett meant so much to Bella. It'd be ridiculous to destroy their friendship over something like Prom. Then again, Bella didn't know if it would or not. They were just friends, weren't they? Bella had had several crushes throughout high school, and the feelings that she felt for Garrett were not the same. Did that mean those crushes weren't really crushes? Was this some mega-crush that she had on Garrett?

Oh, why don't these things have textbooks...it'd make everything so much easier. Oh, now I've gone and paused for an extreme length of time. I have to say something now...

"Yes, Prom...it seems like it'll be fun. D'you intend to go, Garrett? I'm sure you'd enjoy it."

She smiled. Nothing'd be wrong if she smiled.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

It might have been his imagination, but she seemed to move closer to him after he sat down. Perhaps I'd just like to believe that. He tried to shake the thought from his mind, but it was stuck. He was too uncertain to return the movement, but he slid his hand closer, gently brushing against hers.

He grinned as she commented on his efforts. "I'll try to do him justice. I'll have to show you some of his less confounding musings sometime. I think you would have liked him, Bella. I know he would have liked you."

He could almost see the reams of character work and world-building as she described her larger projects. Garrett had a great deal of respect for her ability to work out fine details. He couldn't help but chuckle as she noted her unusual personality. "Oh, I'm certain any world you design will have no stone un-turned. Your attention to detail is admirable, you know. Short stories are an excellent medium though, some of the finest writers chose them as their passion." His eyes dimmed as he thought back to his conversation with Hansel. "Getting into other people's heads can be...unpleasant. Besides, your characters could do far worse by way of a template. The world needs more people like you."

He hesitated as she mentioned Prom. He was having difficulty confronting why he didn't want to talk about it, but it was a subject he'd much rather avoid. He probably wouldn't go anyway, he wasn't terribly keen on watching her with someone else. He was about to respond when he noticed that she was silent as well, lost deep in thought. Could she be thinking the same thing that I am? Running the scenarios, desperately searching for a positive outcome? He was stunned. It was a complete longshot. Objectively, he'd never advise pursuing the strategy forming in his mind. The tactical risk was too high. Bella was a dear friend, and this was the sort of high-tension situation that he might not be able to handle. Still, it wasn't like he could back out now. What would he say? "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't talk about that, I'm afraid the various social tensions might shatter the pathetic facade of control I manufacture and cause me to curl up weeping in a corner?"

No. That wouldn't do at all. He was letting his emotions run away with him to even think that sort of over-dramatic tripe. He had to tamp this down, and the only way to do that was to face it head on.

"It does...I mean, as far as dances go. I've been thinking about it, but I'd probably end up going alone if I did, and who wants some odd philosopher watching everyone from an empty table and ruining their night?"

He paused again and asked the inevitable question. "Are you going?"
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Sansa

Post by Sansa »

Bella's eyes widened as Garrett's hand brushed against her own. In shock, not in displeasure. They widened even further upon Garrett's comment that he thought his grandfather would've liked her.

"Oh, Garrett. You truly are a sweetheart. That means a lot to me to hear you say that, truly. I would've loved to have met him, the man who helped you become who you are today."

She clasped her hand around Garrett's, hoping she didn't seem too forward in doing so.

"Worldbuilding does get somewhat exhausting after a while, I've found. I have to draw up family trees of all of the dynasties and important characters, name all of the servants and give them more-complicated-than-needs-be backstories, write the histories for every area shown - not even ones that characters visit, or even mention in passing. I feel that everything needs to be consise, you know? The attic at home is brimming with discarded genealogical charts and notes...I go through so much printer ink, printing off articles on medieval fashion and food and such. I enjoy it, though. I wouldn't do it if I didn't."

Oh, I'm getting nervous. I rambled on for a bit there...and here're the compliments...

"Mmm...I agree with you on that point - everybody's so complex, deep down. To see what people are really like once you strip everything away...it's not a pleasant thought. As long as my stories aren't peppered with Mary-Sues then I'll be fine. And...oh, you're a fountain of kindness, Garrett. Your compliments are always so lovely, and well placed."

Oh, did I really just say that? That sounds like something out of some cheesy romance novel. And with us talking of Prom as well...oh, I'm being foolish.

A wallflower, huh? Bella could think of plenty worse things to be at Prom. She'd rather have a room filled with nervous wallflowers than couples groping each other and people making embarrassments of themselves. She'd take a wallflower over a half-inebriated jock any day.

"Oh, I suppose I might go. Mother'd have a fit if I didn't...I..."

Oh, here it comes. Am I really doing this? I mean, I want to go with him, but all the same...this'd change everything...or would it? It's just Prom, right? Right?

"Garrett, would you like to go to Prom with me?"
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Garrett wasn't embarrassed often, and even when he was he could usually contain it. Between Bella grasping his hand and her kind words towards who he'd become, he found himself blushing. He returned her gesture, squeezing gently on her hand as he smiled back at her.

"That sounds incredible. You're really building worlds instead of just stories. It's very similar to how J.R.R Tolkien built Middle Earth. Have you ever read his thoughts on the difference between world-building or mythology and storytelling? I think you'd enjoy it, it's just like what you're talking about. I gave up on trying to print out everything related to Alexander's work," he said with a chuckle, "at this point his old computer and I are practically joined at the hip whenever I'm at home."

He grimaced and nodded. "Complex is the right word. I know I wouldn't want just anyone knowing everything about me." A slight smile returned to his face as he squeezed her hand again. "There's only a few people I trust that much. I can hardly help but be complimentary, you know, it's easy enough when talking about someone like you."

He froze up slightly, unsure if he'd heard her correctly. His mind raced to try and keep up with the implications, to work out some sort of strategy. This could be dangerous in so many ways. He was so unguarded with her already, and if he misread the situation it could be---

No. He was done thinking that way. He trusted her, and it was about time he decided to act like it. He stared into her eyes and moved closer.

"I...I'd love to, Bella."
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Sansa

Post by Sansa »

"I'll be sure to look into it..."

Any of Bella's thoughts of writing and human psyches were immediately lost as Garrett answered her question. Garrett's eyes of misty grey met her own bright hazel as he looked directly at her, his cheeks flushing crimson. He'd moved closer, the pair was almost squashed together on the bench; Bella's bag pressing gently against the side.

Yes...

Bella didn't know what to do next. What did you do next in this situation? She wasn't about to jump in with ideas for outfits and haircuts and transport and afterparties and the like, but all the same...what else could you say? Deciding that an elongated pause would probably be the worst possible option to take, Bella instead settled on something else, something that didn't need words.

She pulled Garrett towards her, and held him in a tight embrace.

For now, at least...that ought to do.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Before Garrett had a moment to consider just how badly he'd just violated his usual boundaries, Bella was hugging him, and he realized he didn't care anymore. What was it Franklin said about trading freedom for security? He couldn't recall, and he didn't care about that either. He returned Bella's embrace warmly, holding her close and grinning until his face hurt.

Garrett was uncharacteristically caught up in the present moment. He had no idea what any of this meant in the long run, and in a more balanced state of mind he might have been at least cautiously worried. He wasn't in the mood for tactical considerations, though.  At some point he'd have to give in to his instincts, analyze everything about the situation, and vent a not insignificant amount of panic, but for now he was going to be truly happy, and nothing could stop that.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Sansa

Post by Sansa »

Shortly afterwards, Bella's father arrived from the hospital to return her home, where she promptly informed her parents of the invitation. The next few weeks flew past in a flurry of shoe shopping and dress fitting and talks with Garrett over what they'd do before the dance and afterwards. And now, the day had arrived, suddenly.

Her stomach twisted in knots as her father snapped photo after photo of her, until her mother brushed her hand against his and gently lowered the camera. Bella was breathing heavily. She couldn't help but be worried; so much stake was put in Prom from everybody in attendance. But with Garrett there she knew that everything would be fine.

Ding-dong.

The sing-songy tune of the doorbell echoed throughout the living room, and was met with an ambivalent beam from her father, a clap of the hands and a short gasp from her mother, and an excited yelp from herself. She was really going to Prom. Really really really really.

She stepped towards the panelled front door and unlatched it, greeting her...date? Was that what Garrett was? How did you define these sort of things?

"Garrett," she breathed, her voice strong with a false calmness. "You look lovely."
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Garrett heard movement inside and tried to maintain his composure. It was just now catching up to him how out of depth he was. He didn't have much of a plan, aside from "Follow her lead." His anxiety became more pronounced with each passing second as his mind raced through all the ways this could possibly go wrong.

Then she opened the door.

She looked beautiful, even moreso than usual. It was obvious that she and her mother had put a great deal of work into her outfit, and it had paid off. Everything from diamond earrings, to the intricate orange lace woven through her bodice, to her charitably short-heeled lilac slippers worked in harmony to accent her natural beauty.

He wasn't elaborate on any of this out loud, though. His ample vocabulary abandoned him along with the rest of his thoughts, and the best he could muster was a quiet "Wow..." as he peered at her through the doorway.

It took a beat for the rest of his mind to catch-up and realize that his statement could be taken ambiguously. "Bella, you look absolutely stunning,", he added, grinning from ear to ear.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Sansa

Post by Sansa »

Bella blushed at Garrett's compliment. Being able to strike him of his verbosity was something she always enjoyed. She looked at his tuxedo in more detail; he had certainly taken due care in choosing his outfit as well. It complimented hers perfectly. If Garrett had any anxieties over the event then he was covering them remarkably well. Practice makes perfect, I guess.

She gently took Garrett's hand and led him into the living room so that her father could take one last photograph (and also so that she could grab her matching clutch bag - which had almost slipped her mind - without causing too much of a disruption).

Bella linked her bare arm with Garrett's sleeved one, and delicately led him from the lounge and onto the front porch. The cold evening air sent a chill through her, and she softly rested her head against Garrett's shoulder as the two of them made their way across the driveway, smiling as she did so.

"So...off to Prom then!"

This will be perfect. A perfect night with the perfect boy.

((Mirabella Strong continued in La Reine Du Bal))
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Garrett stuck to his plan and allowed Bella to lead the way, stopping for a brief photo op in the living room before wishing her parents well and heading out the door. If he had any worries left lurking in the corners of his mind, they were dead in the water once she slipped her arm around his as they walked outside together. He glanced down at her as she rested her head on his shoulder, taken by how the soft moonlight played across her face. He leaned back against her until they drew closer to the pearl blue Viper, and he broke away briefly to hold open her door.

"To prom, mademoiselle!"

((Garrett Wilde continued in La Reine Du Bal))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters

Return to “Before Prom”