Nox Incipit

Private

Here is where any preparations, last second date-seeking, or other stuff of that sort can take place. This forum covers events directly related to Prom from two days before the dance until the start of the dance itself.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Cammy could tell the Virgil was passionate when it came to rugby. She saw it in the way his face lit up when she asked him about it. She also saw it when he started to talk about it. The look on his face was very clear that he loved rugby, just as much as Cammy loved track. She smiled widely as she watched him talk about it, glad that he had found something he could be passionate about like her. She had a feeling that Virgil would pursue a career in rugby, just as she pursued a dream to do track in the future. To be specific, the Olympics.

When Virgil stopped talking, Cammy gave him a confused look. Though she had no idea what he was saying about rugby, she enjoyed listening to him. Rugby was never a sport that she could get into, but she did respect Virgil's passion for his sport.

"You ok Virgil?" Cammy asked him, wondering why he had stopped talking. After he asked her how much she knew about rugby, Cammy giggled a little out of surprise. She wasn't expecting him to ask that. When people normally talked about their passions, they normally rambled on for ages while she patiently listened. She didn't mind listening. She enjoyed it.

"To tell the truth, I know nothing about rugby." Cammy admitted happily, glad that Virgil was asking how she felt and what she knew. "I don't mind listening though. I enjoy listening to people talk about their favorite hobbies and passions. It really provided an insight into their lives. I like getting to know people. Don't mind me." Cammy cheerfully said afterwards.

Her mind wondered to where they were going to eat. She hoped it wasn't too expensive and fancy. Even if it was formal night, she didn't need to eat somewhere extremely fancy. She was fine anywhere. What was most important to her was her company. She would gladly eat in Burger King if it meant she could hang out with all of her friends. Friendships were one of the most important things to her.
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Cammy didn't know anything about rugby. Virgil hadn't honestly expected her to, since not many people in the US really knew much about rugby. The only reason he had started playing was that both of his dads had played, and they had shown him the sport at a young age.

"Uh, so rugby is sort of like a combination of American football and soccer. Sort of. So, like, there are 15 guys on each side, and play is mostly continuous. You can only pass the ball backwards, but you can kick it forwards. When someone is tackled, the teams fight for possession of the ball in what's called a ruck. Scoring is like football, except the touchdown is worth five points and the kick is worth two. What else..."

Virgil was raking his mind for the very basic stuff that he'd missed. He didn't want to get into any of the more complex rules of rugby: What constitutes off-sides, knock-ons, the concept of the gate, et cetera. That said, he did want to give her a basic idea of the sport.

"Oh yeah, there also aren't really downs like football has. You keep possession until the other team takes it from you or until you kick it away. It's really, really fun."

Hopefully he hadn't confused her too much.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Cammy listened to Virgil explain the rules of rugby as she tried to picture the game in her mind. So it was sort of like football. That was cool. Though it sounded confusing, she was still able to vaguely understand what it was about. It did sound fun, but it really wasn't her type of game. She wasn't the strongest girl in the school and she'd rather focus on track anyways. She couldn't get sidetracked.

"I might as well take your word for it. Though it does sound really fun, I really want to focus on my running. One day, I want to be in the Olympics and I'm going to need all of the training just to put in a decent time." Cammy declared to Virgil, her eyes drifting forwards as she thought about her dream. One day, one day she'll get in there. She could feel it. She couldn't wait for the day when she'd be on that track and running for the United States of America. That alone would be amazing for her and she was determined to get it.

She wondered whether she should go to a university afterwards or just focus on training and get a coach. The future seemed so uncertain for her and Cammy knew she couldn't predict everything that would happen. But there was one thing that was for certain. She would run for U.S.A and she would do her country proud.

She sat in silence for a while as she thought about her dream, but then remembered that she was still with Virgil. Maybe now wasn't the time to think about these things.

"Sorry for that. Lost in my dreams for the future, you know how these things go." Cammy admitted, the embarrassment clear in her voice. "What dreams do you have for the future Virgil?"
[+] Version 7

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

It sounded like Virgil had given Cammy a basic idea of what rugby was like. Virgil was pleased to know that his explanation hadn't been terrible. Then she said that she wanted to be in the Olympics.

This statement took Virgil aback for a second because of how difficult that goal was to achieve. To get into the Olympics was to be the best of the best, and he knew that Cammy was fast but, that fast? Would she really be able to do it, or was she just setting herself up for disappointment. Was being an Olympian what fate had in store for her, or was she destined to live a more average life.

Then Cammy paused for a second. Virgil wondered if she was all right, but before he could ask, she had apologized for the pause.

"What dreams do you have for the future Virgil?"

Virgil thought for a second about his aspirations for rugby. What were they? Did he want to go pro, maybe even try to get to the 2016 Olympics in rugby. Virgil had never thought about it; his only motivation for getting better at rugby had always just been a love of the game. Maybe it would be worth it to try to make something more of his rugby, maybe it wouldn't be. Virgil couldn't be sure of that right now, all he could be sure of was that it was noble that Cammy at least had a goal in mind for what she wanted to do with her life, which was more than Virgil could say about his life.

"I really don't know. I mean, I'll be going to college next year and playing more rugby, but I don't know if that's what I'd want to do for a career. I figure that I have a few years in college to decide on that, ya'know? Like, take some classes, find a major, see what careers look interesting post-grad. I don't want to pigeonhole myself into something now only to regret it.

As Virgil said this, he saw a parking space. They were about two blocks from the place that Virgil had in mind for dinner, but it was close enough.

"So, we're basically there. The restaurant is about two blocks away. Hope you like Indian food!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler BROseidon. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Cammy was not that surprised by his statement of his dreams, but didn't say anything as she nodded her head. Maybe she was choosing her dreams too fast. She noted how quite a few people weren't sure about what to do with their lives in the future. She never really considered anything but running in her future life and if she couldn't reach her goal, she wouldn't know what to do. But she felt like she could do it. No, she know she could do it. If she put enough passion and energy into it, she will achieve her dream. She had to.

It seemed as if they were about to park and as Virgil worked on the parking, Cammy took of her seatbelt and prepared to exit the car. It seemed like they were at a parking lot and from what she could see, there didn't seem to be any hotels nearby. For a moment, she wondered where they were going to eat but didn't ask Virgil. He apparently must have something planned.

"Indian food? Sounds amazing." Cammy replied happily as she opened the car door and stepped outside the car. It was a little colder than usual owing to the fact that it was night time, but Cammy wasn't deterred by it. What she was deterred by was her ridiculous high heels. She didn't know how long she could walk in them and they were such a pain to wear.

"Luckily the place is only 2 blocks away. I dunno how far I could walk in these high heels." Cammy admitted sheepishly as she waited for Virgil to get out of the car. She had a feeling her feet were going to ache very badly when the day was over, but she didn't mind. It was worth it to ha have a fun night in the end.
[+] Version 7

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Cammy was happy with the food selection. Good, I haven't fucked up yet. As much as the conversation had alleviated Virgil's nerves, there was still the lingering fear that he was going to screw something up.

Then Cammy brought up the heels. Virgil had never really thought about walking in heels, and that comment made him realize that walking was going to be largely uncomfortable for her over the night.

"Here," Virgil said, extending his arm towards Cammy. "This should help a bit, I would think."

The place Virgil had chosen was a pretty cool place. It was pretty good Indian food, but not too expensive. Sure, it was a sit down restaurant, and more expensive than something like McDonald's, but the dinner wasn't going to put a massive dent into either of their pockets.

Virgil felt his stomach rumble. "Shall we proceed?"
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

"Thanks Virgil." Cammy said gratefully as she put an arm around Virgil. Shifting some of her weight onto him, the stress on her feet decreased a little and she felt a little relief was through her. Though she loved prom, she hated wearing high heels. They were annoying and ached like hell, but she'd have to bear with it for now. It was customary to wear them for prom and she was all for sticking with customs.

"Yes, let's go. I'm getting really hungry over here." Cammy playfully joked as they began to walk towards the place where they were going to eat. As Cammy didn't really know where to go, she let Virgil lead her around the area, taking in the sights around her so that she could remember how to get back to the car after eating. She certainly didn't want to get lost in the way back. That would really suck.

"Hey Virgil, I can't help but notice that you were a little tense before." Cammy informed him as they continued to walk to dinner. She might as well ask him now instead of worrying about it for the rest of the night.

"Is something wrong? I don't want you to worry too much, especially on this night." Cammy told him in a worried tone. She certainly didn't want to ruin his night.
[+] Version 7

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Cammy put her arm around Virgil, alleviating some of the stress from her feet. Virgil barely felt the added weight, but it was good to know that he was helping her out.

They set out for the restaurant, which wasn't far off at all. Cammy let Virgil lead the way, and Virgil was beelining for the restaurant. They were both hungry, and getting some food before prom would be great.

Hey Virgil, I can't help but notice that you were a little tense before. Is something wrong? I don't want you to worry too much, especially on this night."

Shit. What good way would there be to say that he was afraid that she was building something between them that couldn't really become anything? If she was cultivating hopes of something more, then he'd just ruin her night outright, and Virgil didn't want that. If he'd misread what she'd said and was wrong, then he'd just look like and ass and still ruin the night. No, nothing good could come from articulating how he felt, so it'd just be better to throw out a little white lie.

"I'm just nervous about tonight. I want everything to go well, and prom is new. Y'know, like, at a rugby game, I know how it's going to go. I know what I need to do in order to succeed. I've practiced everything. Here, it's like, you get one shot, and if you screw it up, oh fucking well. Too bad."

As he said this, the pair approached the entrance to the restaurant. It was a smallish Indian place, with good food and relatively cheap prices. Everything's going to be fine.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Cammy listened to Virgil expressing his worries and nodded in agreement. Prom was obviously a very big thing and that was something that she wanted to make the most of. Though she did worry about it from time to time, she didn't feel to stressed out about it. If she began over thinking everything, she was sure that she wouldn't be able to enjoy the night as much as if she just let the night happen.

"Try not to worry about it too much. I'm sure the evening will be a lot of fun. You probably should just relax. You'll enjoy the night better that way." Cammy responded cheerily to Virgil's qualms as she smiled warmly at him. This was the night where they could enjoy the ever loving shit out of and stressing about it was not in Cammy's itinerary.

"Oh, it looks like we're here!" Cammy exclaimed merrily as they arrived at the indian restaurant. The place looked a bit small, but she didn't mind too much. As long as she could get something to eat, she'd be happy. All she had to do was make sure she didn't spill anything and ruin her dress. As she wandered what to get, a thought suddenly popped in her mind.

"I need to text Kyran something." Cammy told Virgil as she whipped out her phone. Cammy really felt sorry for Kyran for being banned from prom because of Alba. Though she wished he could be there to enjoy the night with her, Cammy didn't want him to feel left out. It was for this reason that she decided to text him from time to time about what was happening so that he wasn't too out of the loop.

Hey there Kyran! Just got picked up by my date Virgil and going out to eat. Wish you could come to prom with us. I'll keep you updated on what happens and such so that you aren't left out of the loop. xoxo Cammy~.

After successfully sending it to Kyran, she turned her attention back to Virgil and walked towards the entrance of the Indian shop. It had been some time since she last had Indian and was considering what to order. Her mind pondered this as they entered the restaurant.[/color]
[+] Version 7

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Cammy told him to relax. Virgil had been trying to get himself to relax, but hearing her tell him to helped in making him achieve that end.

Cammy said that she had to text Kyran something, which she did as they approached the restaurant. Virgil hadn't been present at the food fight, but he'd heard that Adonis had caused problems and Kyran and Gray had gotten caught in the crossfire. Virgil never really got along with Adonis, not that anybody really did, but he liked Kyran and Gray, and it sucked that Kyran couldn't come to prom because of somebody else's actions. But, that's just how life went sometimes, and Kyran would probably find some other way to spend the night.

"That's nice of you. Really sucks that he can't come to prom."

As they entered the restaurant, Virgil motioned to the waiter that there were two of them. The restaurant had a cozy interior with soft Hindi music playing in the background to create a warm atmosphere. The restaurant had a pretty good range of things to eat, with a bit more in the way of Northern Indian food. Even so, the place made killer dhosas, which Virgil enjoyed immensely.

Virgil thanked the waiter for guiding them to a small table in the back. He held out a chair for Cammy to sit down in, and then took his seat. No reason not to be a gentleman tonight, right?.

As he opened his menu, Virgil said, "This place has a lot of good stuff. The tandoori stuff is pretty good, but so are most of the lamb dishes. Also, the dhosas are to die for."

Virgil was going to have a good meal.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

"It really does suck that he couldn't come. Stupid Alba" Cammy agreed with Virgil in regards to his statement,  the venom in her voice was clear when she mentioned Alba. If Kyran had not been banned from prom and asked her out to prom, she could confidently say that she would've said yes to his proposition. He and Cammy were childhood friends and she considered him to be one of her closest friends. His calm attitude was something that she greatly appreciated and plus, he was quite the looker. She didn't tell Virgil this though because she didn't want to hurt his confidence that night. He was already struggling enough to keep his cool.

Cammy let Virgil sort out the tables as she looked around and took in the atmosphere. She found herself enjoying the Hindi music and the environment in general seemed to be very welcoming and relaxing. While the place wasn't too big, she didn't particularly mind that too much. She found herself enjoying the restaurant's ambiance a lot and she couldn't imagine this meal going too badly.

She followed the waiter and Virgil to their table, still looking around and appreciating the atmosphere of the place. She watched as Virgil pulled a chair out for her and she quickly moved to, giving him a warm smile as she sat down on her chair.

"You're being quite the gentleman tonight, aren't you Virgil?" She teased him lightly as Virgil took his seat opposite her. She giggled a little as she picked up her menu and looked at it, listening to Virgil's recommendations on what was good. After looking through the menu a couple of times, she came to a decision.

"I think I'll have some Tandori Chicken with Naan bread. I might as well have some dhosas as well since you recommended them. As for drinks, I'm fine with water." She informed Virgil, assuming that he would be handling the order. Cammy put down her menu as she looked at Virgil, trying to come up with something to talk about.

"Are you looking forward to graduation?" Cammy asked him curiously, leaning a bit on the table in order to make eye contact with him.
[+] Version 7

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Cammy was clearly much more upset about Kyran not being able to come to prom than he was. Granted, that made a lot of sense given that Cammy and Kyran were pretty close, but Virgil never really took the moment to think about how Kyran being unable to go to prom affected his friends.

Then Cammy teased him about being a gentleman. A plan began formulating in his head. Well, Cammy is basically bound to me for the night, and we are going to be spending our time at prom. That said, we could always swing by after prom and pick Kyran up before going to an after-party. They'd both probably like that a lot.
Before Virgil could suggest that they hang out with Kyran after prom, she said what she wanted to eat. Well, guess I get to be more of a gentleman tonight. Virgil made sure to remember the order.

"Are you looking forward to graduation?"

Virgil paused for a second. He wanted to make sure that his answer came out the way that he wanted it to, so he let himself compose his thoughts a little before speaking.

"I think I am. Like, I guess I'm not really looking forward to the ceremony, and it sucks that we all are going to go our separate ways in a few short months, but we can stay connected by Facebook and Skype and whatnot. And I think that summer is going to be really fun, and college is going to be a whole new experience. I've never really been to New England before, so it's just going to be a chance to do something different."

Virgil thought about that last sentence as he motioned the waiter order to place their food order. Was college really going to be that different for him? He'd still be playing rugby during most of his free time, and he'd probably end up being a classics major like his parents both had been. Alcohol would be far more easily accessible, but Virgil didn't really plan on going crazy once he got to college; rugby mattered too much, and getting drunk wasn't going to be worth the damage it would cause to his fitness. Sure, he'd be away from home for the first time, but his parents gave him plenty of freedom already. Maybe life would throw a curveball his way, like some injury that forced him to stop playing rugby for a while and undertake some other pursuits. Maybe something would finally break the happy equilibrium he'd existed in throughout high school.

Virgil placed Cammy's order, as well as an order of tikka masala and a mango lassi for himself. After the waiter left, Virgil turned back to Cammy.

"Oh, I was thinking, perhaps we could invite Kyran to whatever our post-prom plans are. Just because he doesn't get to come to prom doesn't mean he should be bored all night, right?"
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

As Virgil paused to answer her question, she kept her eyes on him. The thought of graduation had been on her mind for quite some time now. She honestly didn't know how to feel. What she mostly felt was sadness. Sadness for the separation of friends and going down of different paths. All of the friendships she had forged up to this moment, all of them would fade away as they took their separate paths down the path of life. Was she ready for that moment?

Listening to Virgil's answer, her mind drifted into thoughts about what she was going to do in the future. Obviously, she was going to do track. But was she going to go to university? She never really thought about her future in too much detail. She had been so busy with other things such as making friends, parties and track that she never considered what she was going to do after Aurora High School. She thought about going to Seattle University, just like her sister. But maybe she should look somewhere else. She didn't want to be known as "Suzanne's Sister".

"I don't know how to feel about graduation to be honest. I've never really thought about the future up until now. I've only really been focusing on living life for the moment and haven't really thought about what is going to happen in the future. Right now, all I really know is that I want to do track. I don't even know if I want to go to university! I have to admit, the future scares me a little. I don't like saying goodbye to my friends. Though it's true we can keep contact via fb and such. I need to look on the bright side of things." Cammy confessed to Virgil, smiling a little as she reached the end of her sentence.

She really should focus on the good things. Though it's a time to say good-bye, Cammy would also get an opportunity to meet new people. She could also focus on track more and if she went to Seattle University, she could see her sister more. That was always good.

As she thought about those things, Virgil mentioned something about picking Kyran up and going around to whatever after-party plans they had. At this, her grin widened and a whole new lease of energy appeared in her eyes. Just because he can't go to prom, doesn't mean he can't come to the after parties!

"Would you do that Virgil? That would be absolutely amazing!" She exclaimed gleefully as she whipped out her phone again, scrolling through her contacts until she reached Kyran's number. She began hastily typing, her eyes filled with joy and energy.

You wouldn't believe this Kyran! Virgil just said he could take you with us to whatever after prom plans we have for the night. Wouldn't that just be amazing! I hope you do decide to come with us. You can't stay in your house all night, right? I'll be sure to text you when we're coming to pick you up as well. You better get ready in the mean time!

Cammy put the phone back in her bag as she smiled happily at Virgil. She knew it was a good decision to accept Virgil's invitation to the prom.

"Thank you so much Virgil. I really owe you one." She whispered excitedly, remembering they were in a restaurant. Squealing in here wouldn't be a very good idea.
[+] Version 7

Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
BROseidon†

Post by BROseidon† »

Cammy said that she was unsure about her future. That was a reasonable thing to be, Virgil figured. Maybe he was being a little too certain about how his future would play out. Maybe he should be more willing to take risks in the future, more willing to change his life's trajectory.

Cammy was thrilled when Virgil suggested that they invite Kyran to any sort of after-party that they went to. She was quick to pull out her phone and text him. Virgil was happy because Cammy was teeming with her enthusiasm at the idea. It made Virgil feel good about himself.

Then she thanked him in what was a rather loud whisper. "No problem. Figured it's the least I could do, given that it wasn't even really his fault that he was banned from prom."

As he said this, the waiter brought over the dhosa for Cammy and his mango lassi. Tonight is shaping up to be pretty damn good.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

"I know right! Alba can be such a jerk sometimes." Cammy replied in an annoyed voice, just as the waiter brought over the start of their meal. As she looked at the food and couldn't help but think about how good the food looked. It had been some time since she had eaten Indian food and she really missed the taste of spicy food in her mouth. Her favorite type of food was spicy food and she very much looked forward to getting some good old spicy food in her mouth.

"Well, are we going to eat or what?" Cammy asked humorously, grabbing her cutlery and tucking into the food. As she ate her meal, she looked up at Virgil and started talking about how Alba could be such a dick at times. After that conversation, they drifted from topic to topic as the night progressed onwards. Occasionally laughing at Virgil's remarks, she was really enjoying her night with him. While he wasn't Kyran, Virgil was still a great guy to be around and she decided to make the most of her time with him.

While the conversations continued, she continued to enjoy the spicy food that was provided by the restaurant. She quickly ate all of the food she had ordered as she continued to converse with Virgil. The hot spices in her mouth felt amazing and a feeling that Cammy had missed. Maybe she should eat Indian more often? She could probably get a bunch of friends together and eat here. She was sure that her friends would enjoy that. She could even invite Kyran and Virgil along. She knew that they got along reasonably well with each other. She was sure they would have a blast as well.

Sometime later, Cammy and Virgil had finished eating their respective meals and while she did protest against Virgil paying, she was eventually convinced to let him pay for their meal. All things considered, she was enjoying the night so far. Virgil was turning out to be an awesome date for prom and the time for prom was fast approaching. After Virgil had finished paying the bill, Cammy stood up and together, they made their way back to the car.

"I shouldn't of been convinced by my mom to wear these stupid heels. They're killing my feet." Cammy mumbled angrily to herself, her feet starting to ache from wearing the heels for too long. God did she hate heels the longer the night progressed. Why do girls like wearing stupid shoes like these? She much preferred trainers to these atrocities. At least they don't hurt to wear.

In the car, Cammy got in the passenger seat and waited for Virgil.

"Ready for the night of our lives?" She asked, a playful smile on her face.
[+] Version 7

Here
Here
Here