If You Don't Like What We Say, Try Living Here A Couple Days

Watch all your friends and family die! Hasa diga Eebowai! (Open!)

Serving the important purpose of linking the islands that hold the staff accommodation and the hospital itself the connecting bridge is a large iron truss bridge that has walkways for pedestrians and a single lane for traffic; typically supply trucks ferrying items to and from the supply depot to the hospital. Due to its truss design there are large iron beams which make up the load bearing superstructure of the bridge itself. Additionally as a result of its iron composition the bridge is now extremely rusted and the lane has become fractured and filled with weeds over the course of time, adding a more natural look to a man-made structure.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Oh. Brendan. Yeah, that made sense, now that she thought about it. The guy thought Brendan might be in the same league as Kimiko or Jae. Alba shook her head.

"Brendan wouldn't kill like that," Alba explained. "Jeremiah was about to kill some girl, so he killed him to save her. I was with him when Bernadette died, and it was a complete accident."

Alba stepped a little closer to the guy.

"Brendan's been in so much pain over the last week. He's so pained by what he did, no matter how much I tried to comfort him. Now I understand why he did it. No matter how much we want to, we'll have to kill. But he and I have an agreement: we won't kill unless it's to protect someone or if we have no other choice."

"So yeah, I trust him."
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

"Okay."

Did Jeremy buy what Alba was saying about Brendan?

No. Not really.

Like, there was nothing particular about it, it was just too weird a story. Too hard to believe. She was probably right about Bernadette, if she was there for it, but Jeremiah was too weird a case. It was possible Brendan was lying. It was probably a case that Brendan would go up to the moral high ground and say how it was so wrong that he did it and how it was the worst thing he ever did, but that didn't really disprove Jeremy's point. Point was: he was pretty sure Brendan was lying to Alba when he said that to her, and that wasn't good for him. Maybe. He thought. He could be wrong. No real way of telling. He supposed he'd just act like he bought the story she was saying, at least for now.

"Yeah. I get you. I'm sorta thinking things in the same way, so..."

Silence hung, for a few moments.

"Anything else you wanna ask me?"
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Now it was her turn to ask him anything. The boy had been somewhat decent to talk to, his accusations of Brendan aside. Then again, he had the right to assume the worst. Bernadette did, Jae did, even Alba did when she first ran into Brendan. Still, she needed to understand this boy as well. He had that large gun, but had he used it against anyone?

"Um, I think I have a few other questions," she said.

Alba bit her lip for a moment, glancing to the boy's gun then back at him.

"Have you had to play yet? Have you killed anyone? And are you going to kill again if you have?"
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Jeremy almost sighed.

Time to test the waters.

"Hi, I'm Jeremy. If you harm or threaten to harm me or any of my friends, then I'm perfectly willing to do whatever it takes to stop you."
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Alba remained silent. Jeremy was the BKA winner today. He shot some girl and was rewarded for it. And with his action movie line, Alba knew that he basically told her everything she needed to hear. It was also with that that she knew that she had the chance to walk away from here peacefully if she said exactly what he wanted to hear. Granted, his mantra was the same as hers, so that should be simple. Alba nodded, then waved.

"Hi, Jeremy. I'm Alba Reyes," she said. "I'm pretty much the same, so I'm glad to know where we stand."

Alba fell silent, briefly looking down, then back up.

"So, your friends. I'm guessing it's everyone you just listed. Or is there anyone else I should be aware of? Believe me, I'd like to not get into any more fights, so I'd like to do whatever doesn't get you on my bad side."
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

"Cool."

He said it.

He did it.

And really, things had worked out when he said it, for the most part. She didn't seem to mind much that he was the killer they rewarded, which he supposed was good. Meant that she wasn't going to judge him. Meant that it was likely that people might be fine with that fact in the future. Meant that he wasn't likely to get fucking shot right now, which honestly was probably the best thing that he could have hoped to happen. There was a question posed, there was sort of a judging tone within it, although honestly he could just be misinterpreting her tone. That was also a valid thing that could happen. Jeremy wouldn't be surprised if it happened, at the very least.

Point was: she asked him a question. He should probably answer it.

"Well, I wouldn't call a couple of them 'friends,' but yeah, they're people I wanna meet so ideally I don't really want you to kill them. Or, uh, Fiyori too. There's probably a bunch other people I'm forgetting but I'll try not to judge you if something happens with them, I guess?"
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Okay, I understand," Alba said. "Believe me, I don't want to kill anyone else while I'm here. I know it's foolish to think I won't have to, but I'll at least try to be kind towards the people you mentioned."

Alba sighed. Jeremy had helped her calm down quite a bit, so she had to be grateful for that. It didn't make the whole experience better, but being able to talk about Kaitlyn's murder was something she sorely needed. It'd be one step closer to being able to accept it and move on. Of course, she still needed to confess this crime to Brendan, but then she'd feel better.

"Alright. I think I should get going," Alba said to Jeremy. "Um, if I meet any of those people you requested, is there a place I should send them so they can find you?"
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

"Uh, no, not off of the top of my head. I move around a lot. If you told them to go to a place I'd probably accidentally, like, stand them up or something."

Part of him was kinda bummed that Alba was leaving. Sure, there were the not so great parts of it - he'd threatened her a couple times over the course of the conversation, not really the ideal way to treat a lady - but she'd done a bit for him. She reminded him that Fiyori existed. She'd allowed him to help solidify a couple of things in his head, give him that definate of how he was going to go forward. She'd given him something to do other than poke his bruises while he roasted on this bridge waiting for Hazel and Jordan to show up. Those were good things. Those were positives to the conversation. Those were the reasons he was feeling a lot more positive about coming out of this conversation than how he felt about it going in.

He supposed all good things had to come to an end, though.

Well, honestly all things really, but he supposed the good parts deserved emphasis here.

Maybe in a better world he'd be able to see her again.

Hopefully, at least.

"If you meet up with Fiyori again though can you say hi to her for me? I'd sorta appreciate that."
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Laurels

Post by Laurels »

It was all noted. Don't send any of the people anywhere since Jeremy was moving too many places. The names were Emma Luz, Serena Waters, Alessio Rigano, Clarice Halwood, Jasmine Reed, and Caedyn Miller. Alessio and Caedyn were killers, so she'd have to be cautious around them. But she was sure the others wouldn't be as troublesome. And she had to say hi to Fiyori. She was naturally going to do that, but she'd now do an extra one for Jeremy.

"Okay, I'll be sure to," Alba said to Jeremy, flashing a smile.

Alba started to walk past Jeremy, but stopped. She turned to face Jeremy one last time.

"Please be careful," she said.

Once she said that, she began to pick up the pace, starting to run down the bridge. She could feel the bags bouncing against her back, but didn't mind them. She needed to find Brendan, Fiyori, and whoever else she could. She needed to find those who could relate to her in this place, and those who she could protect. She knew what she had to do now, and for those reasons, Alba continued to run.

((Alba Reyes continued elsewhere))
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

"Right. You too."

He nodded - smiled - as Alba turned herself back towards him. He sat - watched - as Alba turned herself back around and moved out of sight, his smile maintaining all the way. Would he see her again? He wasn't quite sure whether he would or not. Part of him wasn't sure if he wanted to. It was a terrible thing to say, and it wasn't anything against Alba in particular, but if he had the choice of finally meeting up with the people he was looking for against meeting up with the same people over and over again, wouldn't it be best that he achieve his goals? He liked Alba. She helped him. He probably gained a little bit more understanding of what was going on here. That was helpful.

He remembered the face of a girl - one he knew, one he was sorta friends with - running away from the beach they were on, out of sight.

He remembered never being able to see that face again.

He'd be happy if he got to see Alba again, he supposed.

It'd have to be later, though. He was supposed to wait here. For Hazel. Jordan as well.

He supposed he could do that.

The dull throb of the bruises on his face were the only thing that could be felt over the wind.

The baseball bat was in his left, again. The Jackhammer was in his right. He'd stood up, leaning against the pillar he was on. He was looking at the sky. It was blue. Clumps of white occasionally but yeah, for the most part blue.

They hadn't arrived yet.

He didn't know how long it'd been - no watch - but it'd been a while. He looked at the end of the bridge. They still weren't there.

He was tired of waiting.

He pushed himself off the pillar. Took his steps forward. They were slowing him down. They were stopping him from getting to other people. There was an entire world out there of people fighting and dying and right now he was stuck on a bridge waiting for two people who weren't the ones he was looking for to show up.

He needed to move.

And they were slowing him down.

Maybe it was rude, maybe it was mean to them, maybe this was something he needed to think about a lot more before actually making the decision, but he needed to move.

And move he would.

He didn't look back as he completed his cross over the bridge.

((Jeremy Frasier, continued in Miss Atomic Bomb))
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Connecting Bridge”